Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 28 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:33 pm

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to. I love the chameleon spell in Sen's too. Sneaking around as a silver knight statue is awesome.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 28 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Back Lot Basher Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:53 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I can't see why you wouldn't be able to. I love the chameleon spell in Sen's too. Sneaking around as a silver knight statue is awesome.

Sounds like something from an old Scooby-Doo episode!

"I would have had all that humanity, if not for those meddling kids"....
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm sure others know about the anti-invader ledge I found in the Burg but it was pretty fun for me to get revenge from. You get there from the flame bomb tossers right after the first Burg bonfire. It's above the room with the hollowed soldiers and the shortcut to the Lower Burg. From the ledge you can see the invaders appear and see them cross the expanse into the room below you. You kinda have to "guesstimate" when they will exit to do a plunge. I had a good ole time leading people on wild goose chases and "haunting" them. I'd slip on the Fog Ring and drop the colored stones where the invader had been looking for me. So fun.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:09 pm

I just found out you can parry with your fist silly
    "oh hey, someone is swinging a claymore at me! no problem, i'll just deflect it with my f*cking arm!"
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:13 pm

I realized this a while ago but... Darkwraiths are F***ing Modders, you can't block and steal humanity with the same hand!
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I realized this a while ago but... Darkwraiths are F***ing Modders, you can't block and steal humanity with the same hand!

You can.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:51 pm

No you can't...can you?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:01 pm

It is possible with a glitch.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Uparkaam wrote:It is possible with a glitch.

I hate you.

On a side note.

If one/both of your phantoms get killed against Manus, you can still summon Sif During the fight.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:18 pm

you can summon sif while having two phantoms.
    Did you know Dark Souls 2 is coming out?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:24 pm

All of the Oolacile township mobs are extremely susceptible to crossbow headshots even on flat terrain. If they bunch up like on the stairs, you can sometimes get headshots on more than one with a single bolt somehow. It's pretty funny to watch.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:27 pm

Rynn wrote:you can summon sif while having two phantoms.
    I was very suprised by this.
    Not that Sif is a great addition to the fight, but he can help getting Manus' aggro off of you in times.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Wait, wait... what?

Yo, if anybody needs me I'll be hiding under a rock. I won't tell you which rock though as that would defeat the purpose of hiding in the first place.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:54 pm

It can become a 4 V 1... Manus got ganked...HARD
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:10 pm

I just found out that the statues in Sen's were Silver Knights. Ugh facepalm Look Skyward
    zanicus
    zanicus

Post by zanicus Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:52 am

That when you invade in the Parish, the host can be all the way over by Solaire and you have to run across the whole bridge to get him... Look Skyward
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:05 am

zanicus wrote:That when you invade in the Parish, the host can be all the way over by Solaire and you have to run across the whole bridge to get him... Look Skyward

Ahh, nothing like screwing over an invader by triggering Helkite.
    zanicus
    zanicus

Post by zanicus Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:50 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    zanicus wrote:That when you invade in the Parish, the host can be all the way over by Solaire and you have to run across the whole bridge to get him... Look Skyward

Ahh, nothing like screwing over an invader by triggering Helkite.

He didn't, he just stood where Solaire should've been lol!
    Dr. Demento
    Dr. Demento
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dr. Demento Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:51 am

That you can kindle to get 10 estus without the secret right. Man that would've save some grief if id known that earlier.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:45 pm

I think Artorias might have an immunity to Occult damage. Can anybody comment more definitively on that? I just fought him using my +5 Occult GA and I was hardly doing any damage at all. Maybe like 100 per R1. Somewhere in that neighborhood. It'd make sense considering his dark affinity. I'm carrying a +10 standard GA also. I'm going to try that next and see what my damage is like. If I do more damage with it, then I'd say it's a pretty sure thing, considering how much less it's upgraded than my other one.

Yeah, I'm doing 221 with each hit from my standard GA. I'd have to try with the Occult again to get exact numbers, but I know I was doing less than that.

Just tried again with the Occult. I was doing 156 with the same attack. I did almost twice as much damage with the same weapon that's not nearly as highly upgraded. The raw physical damage was the only thing getting through.

Also, on a side note, just discovered that if you last long enough in the Arty fight he'll start yelling at you. He didn't do it until a good 4-5 minutes into the fight. I was taking a long time to get his health down, just methodically dodging and blocking and waiting for clear openings, and he started making like he was going to attack, then cancelling and howling at me instead. It's actually pretty awesome.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:51 pm

doesn't he just have unnaturally high elemental(magic included) defenses?
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:53 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:her dark affinity
    Last time i checked Artorias is a he silly
    And i'm pretty sure you can't have resistance to Divine or Occult damage, depending on what enemy you use it against, it either does bonus damage or it doesn't. That's how i think it works, but feel free to correct me, i haven't used faith a lot.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Divine/Occult weapons simply deal physical and magic damage, there's no "holy damage" or "occult damage".. The holy/occult modifier simplly means you do bonus damage against certain enemis...for example, 130 occult modifier should mean you deal 30% more damage against say, a Silver Knight.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:13 pm

lalliman wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:her dark affinity
    Last time i checked Artorias is a he silly

Yeah, that was totally just an odd typo. I'm well aware that Arty's a man, but shame on you for checking. The poor guy's afflicted. He doesn't need you "checking."

I'm not sure how the divine/occult damage works, honestly, but I'm sure it doesn't work against Artorias. The only damage that came through against him was the physical damage my weapon was doing.

Or I guess the magic damage. I'm not sure. At any rate my Occult weapon was doing a hell of a lot less. Whichever he was negating, the occult bonus or the magical damage.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:44 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:I'm not sure how the divine/occult damage works, honestly, but I'm sure it doesn't work against Artorias. The only damage that came through against him was the physical damage my weapon was doing.

Or I guess the magic damage. I'm not sure. At any rate my Occult weapon was doing a hell of a lot less. Whichever he was negating, the occult bonus or the magical damage.
    Had the same experience with a divine halberd @ 50 faith. I did considerably more damage with a +15 halberd and barely enough stats to wield it. He's just highly resistant to magic damage.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:53 pm