Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 29 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Gankers that get's owend have a tendecy to have Poor Grammar...Kids these days 🤡
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 29 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:05 pm

ublug wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:I'm not sure how the divine/occult damage works, honestly, but I'm sure it doesn't work against Artorias. The only damage that came through against him was the physical damage my weapon was doing.

Or I guess the magic damage. I'm not sure. At any rate my Occult weapon was doing a hell of a lot less. Whichever he was negating, the occult bonus or the magical damage.
    Had the same experience with a divine halberd @ 50 faith. I did considerably more damage with a +15 halberd and barely enough stats to wield it. He's just highly resistant to magic damage.

Yeah, that's pretty much the boat that I'm in. 40 Fth, and I think just base requirement STR and DEX to wield the GA
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Some dragon people grief. I though they wouldn't since phantoms are not allowed in a world that has a dragon phantom. The dragon sign is for 1v1 only.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:44 am

WandererReece wrote:Some dragon people grief. I though they wouldn't since phantoms are not allowed in a world that has a dragon phantom. The dragon sign is for 1v1 only.

many times, dragons are treated just like any other unwanted invader by the host. some times, the host will even grief the dragon.

you just can't count on anything in this game.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:46 am

I've been summoned just to get a dark bead to the face as I spawn, it happens.
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:21 am

Summoned as a Dragon, ganked and called glitcher/cheater, at this point in time I didnt even know about the dragon head glitch. Felt dissapointed in humanity and left the dragon covenant. To this day I havent been back, but lately I've been feeling the call of the Everlasting Dragon.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:04 pm

^ It's great for glass canon builds, as the roar provides you with an extra damage boost. I try to help out as many of my dragon brothers as I can. If I see eyes with any toon, other than my dragon, I generally will summon them and then drop whatever scales I have in my inventory. It's not easy being a dragon.

Man, the NL ghosts don't screw around in NG++. In the spots where they attack you in numbers I'm going down almost immediately, and that's with 1600 health.

Does anyone know if upgrading weapons with special abilities increases those abilities at all, in any case? I'm assuming it doesn't, but figured it's worth asking anyway, and didn't seem worth an entire new thread for. The reason I ask is because I've been using the Sanctus with my faith toon, and I've got it to +14 now, and have the slabs to upgrade it and still upgrade the other things I need to, but its stability doesn't upgrade past where it is at +14 to +15. Only its bash damage does. So I'm wondering if there might be any kind of hidden increase there, like maybe its healing ability? It's kinda just driving me nuts to not upgrade it fully, but I don't see the point in doing it and wasting a slab if I'm only going to be upgrading an attack that I don't use anyway.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:38 pm

^ Bump
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:44 pm

As far as i know, all weapons/shields with special abilities don't increase don't abilities when upgraded. Never used the sanctus though :L
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Yeah, I think you're right. I just checked to make sure that it's special hasn't increased from no upgrades to +14, and it definitely hasn't. I'm kind of disappointed to admit this, but I think my new discovery is that the Sanctus is pretty useless by itself. Without the inclusion of replenishment, or something like it, there's pretty much always going to be a better shield to use. So unfortunate. It has such potential to be awesome.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Yeeaah i guess it's useful if you for some messed up reason decide to do a no estus run silly When you get hurt, you just find a safe spot, go away for 10 minutes and you'll be healed when you get back big grin
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:01 pm

Well, combined with replenishment, or a combination of replenishment and one of the other gradual healing equips, it heals you fast enough to be useful during PvP. I've done it a few times now, where I take a hit, then back off and just worry about blocking for a minute or so, and my health fully replenishes, but I'm also relying on a weapon buff with this toon, having to worry about buffing my weapon, and myself with replenishment, every single time I get into a fight is a bit much.

It can also be really useful as a phantom, but again you really have to be using something to supplement it. 2 HP per second just isn't enough to make that much of a difference.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:12 pm

The sanctus is just in the wrong souls game... Adjudicator's and Blessed weapons gave really Imbalanced levels of Regen in Demon's, just as Int and Fai scaling weapons were very strong (Blessed Mirdain, Moon Uchi) They were toned down in Dark souls, perhaps a bit too much.

Today I learned that no matter how much I want the sword I can obtain no less than 6 full sets of balder armor before I get anything usefull.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:21 pm

^ Yeah, I agree. They made health such a commodity in this one that I guess it would be pretty OP if it regained health at a useful rate by itself. They could have at least given it decent defensive stats though, to make it worth using over some other things. Even in comparison to the Grass Crest, it has slightly lower defenses, and a much less useful special ability. Because of that, I'd think there would never really be much of a reason to use it.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:33 pm

The sanctus really could use a buff. 10 HP every 2 seconds. Simply don't make it stack with replenishment, and problem solved.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I've been summoned just to get a dark bead to the face as I spawn, it happens.

That's a standard for Sign/Dragon Bros.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Rynn wrote:The sanctus really could use a buff. 10 HP every 2 seconds. Simply don't make it stack with replenishment, and problem solved.

That's too good for a shield anyone can use. Why make it as powerful as a halved Replenishment? I think it should be 2 HP every 1 second. That would make it way more useful than now. It's supposed to be something that could save you from a mortal hit and leave you with "almost" no HP, still better than dead.

What you suggest makes it too powerful. Even if doesn't stack.
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:53 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Rynn wrote:The sanctus really could use a buff. 10 HP every 2 seconds. Simply don't make it stack with replenishment, and problem solved.

That's too good for a shield anyone can use. Why make as powerful as a halved Replenishment? I think it should be 2 HP every 1 second. That would make it way more useful than now. It's supposed to be something that could save you from a mortal hit and leave you with "almost" no HP, still better than dead.

Guys, guys. It's all about the duped Elizabeth's Mushrooms.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:54 pm

It should have been like Adjudicator's Shield, 8 hp max upgraded.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Kyōkai wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

That's too good for a shield anyone can use. Why make as powerful as a halved Replenishment? I think it should be 2 HP every 1 second. That would make it way more useful than now. It's supposed to be something that could save you from a mortal hit and leave you with "almost" no HP, still better than dead.

That's ultra mega hyper powerful, but come on, you can get only 4 per playthrough. And only lasts what? 30 seconds? It's almost the same (because mushrooms are better actually) as Divine Blessings. They are only OP if someone hacks.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:59 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:It should have been like Adjudicator's Shield, 8 hp max upgraded.

That's a good idea, make it so it has better regeneration the more you upgrade it, but then it should be Unique so you use Twinklink. And still should go no further than 5HP/sec. But now, if that's the case then only people that met the FTH requirements should receive the buff. As of now, even if you don't have the necessary FTH, you can put it in your back you still get the (useless) buff.
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:59 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Kyōkai wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:

That's ultra mega hyper powerful, but come on, you can get only 4 per playthrough. And only lasts what? 30 seconds? It's almost the same (because mushrooms are better actually) as Divine Blessings. They are only OP if someone hacks.

About the 4 per playthrough bit, can you get an extra 3 if you kill Elizabeth after she rewards you with 3? Or are the Mushrooms that she drops basically the same ones that she gives you?

Never tested that out myself. I kept forgetting to do so. Look Skyward
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Keep in mind that the Sanctus replenishes your health infinitely so the rate it heals I feel is just right, it shouldn't be a shield that all of us can depend on to heal. I loved the blessed upgrade system in DeS but it really breaks the challenge when you think about it. It was a really good way to heal considering grass was a limited resource but we now have the estus system which eradicates a real need for high powered regeneration.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:12 pm

There isn't a real need for all kinds of things we've got, but it at least would make the shield worth using. As it is now, there really isn't much of a use for it. With only 2 HP per second, and second rate defensive stats, there's just no reason to use it at all. 2 HP is pretty much useless in a fight. Nowhere near enough to rely on. I think either slightly increasing it's healing rate as it upgrades, or an increase in the shield's defensive stats, would be in order to at least make it a viable choice.

I've been using it coupled with replenishment for the majority of my current playthrough, and now that I'm to a place in the game where I'm buffing my weapon also, it's just outclassed by other shields that don't require the supplementation of a spell to be useful. I'd be ecstatic with its current rate if it defended me a little bit better, but its got the double wammy there, of being a poopy defensive tool and having an ability that's just not as good as some other shields.

I like Rynn's idea. If it had the same rate, or even slightly less, as replenishment, but couldn't be stacked, I don't think it would be OP. Even with the supplementation of replenishment it's not really. I've been doing it all along, and it hasn't broken my PvP experience at all. It helps to negate the tactics of really defensive players who like to inflict small amounts of damage at a time, and then back off, as well as status afflictions like bleed and poison, but it doesn't really help at all against really offensive players. It's a nice addition, but I would be just as well off with a number of different shields.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:20 pm

As it is it doesn't even cover the damage it you receive from using it to block. If it was an early game weapon then it'd be excusable, but it's not. It's like getting the effigy shield after beating O&S, pointless.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:51 pm