Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by ublug Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:07 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Yeah, but I didn't know he was summonable at all.

I never bothered being human for Pinwheel and I usually don't drop down on that secret ledge. I just happened to do that earlier, an wa-la!
    I often summoned him as part of my suicide runs with a new character, to get the rite of kindling right off the bat. Leeroy does the killing while I stay behind him two handing my shield silly
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by ublug Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Don't know if this is a new discovery, but I haven't seen it before. Didn't find it thread-worthy, so I'll post it here instead.

On the first Seath encounter, if you enter and leave the arena before he kills you, then go back and rest at the bonfire at the archives entrance (don't homeward bone), he will not be hostile when you re-enter the arena. There's no soundtrack and 'boss healthbar', I couldn't damage him either.
    If you kill yourself inside the arena you'll respawn in the prison as usual.

Just had another idead: Could it be possible to pvp in his arena during this glitch? Or are invaders sent home when you enter?

Update: This was mentioned on the other wiki, there's a video as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vcXwdJmUEc
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:47 am

I recently discovered that humanity boots item discovery
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:37 am

incredibly. . . i only just found out that if you leave Sif alone after youve made him limp about, then he keeps attacking, but when he eventually tries his spin attack he collapses onto his side and flounders about. . .its very sad and I wouldnt recommend it if youre of an emotional disposition. . .

I always just finished it as early as possible and never got to see the poor bugger flounder this way. . .almost wish i hadnt now 😢
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 am

I just discovered that soul spear have and area of effect on enimes close together and can pass throught several eneimes at a time.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 am

@eminusx- I've known that for ages, and I usually use the time to taunt the mutt with a Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 3596227959or an Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 2707236321. I luv baiting it's fleabitten arse, and as such this generally turns out to be the longest of the Boss battles for me. My only regret is that I cannot do a reverse Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 945058907, dropping my strides in the process! twisted
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:47 am

Gazman0169 wrote:@eminusx- I've known that for ages, and I usually use the time to taunt the mutt with a Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 3596227959or an Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 2707236321. I luv baiting it's fleabitten arse, and as such this generally turns out to be the longest of the Boss battles for me. My only regret is that I cannot do a reverse Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 945058907, dropping my strides in the process! twisted
    I sincerely hope he managed to hit you and kill you at least once while you were doing that. ;_;
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 am

lol

He's had his moments in the past, why d'ya think I show him so little respect and mercy now? big grin

Things have now gotten so bad that I can no longer fight him when my eldest is in the room, as she always tries to grab the controller out of my hand to prevent me from belittling him further.

I've now decided to petition FROM to release an update, where upon victory the player can position him/her-self over the mutt and ps all over it's lifeless corpse! That'd be sweet! twisted
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:05 pm

I just found out that the silver knight sword has one of the fastest and post powerful R2 attacks for its weapon class.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:lol
    I've now decided to petition FROM to release an update, where upon victory the player can position him/her-self over the mutt and ps all over it's lifeless corpse! That'd be sweet! twisted

You could use the Dragon Head . It would look like you puke all over him winking
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:lol

He's had his moments in the past, why d'ya think I show him so little respect and mercy now? big grin

Things have now gotten so bad that I can no longer fight him when my eldest is in the room, as she always tries to grab the controller out of my hand to prevent me from belittling him further.

You should be able to summon Cesar Millan outside the fog door. He'd know exactly what to do.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Heck no, the last thing I'd want is that hispanic poof mucking up my game! lol
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:59 pm

GkMrBane wrote:I just discovered that soul spear have and area of effect on enimes close together and can pass throught several eneimes at a time.

Watch the kill 25:00 in to get a perfect showing of this property in action.

Wow, eminusx, only just now you've realized Sif's sorry state? Must have come as an eye-opener for you, huh?
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:12 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    GkMrBane wrote:I just discovered that soul spear have and area of effect on enimes close together and can pass throught several eneimes at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/DBJVOibu9hM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Watch the kill 25:00 in to get a perfect showing of this property in action.

Wow, eminusx, only just now you've realized Sif's sorry state? Must have come as an eye-opener for you, huh?

uhhh did you post this right? I think im retarded if you did. cause on your post it looked like a min window of this fourm.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:15 pm

OnlyAfro is hilarious silly

Here's the Video Pendant wanted us to link to :
    http://vimeo.com/46850669

Edit: Ignore this. I'm a nuthead i accidently clicked on a different link bounce

Last edited by Marino. on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Must not have. Sorry, here is the link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBJVOibu9hM&feature=plcp
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:31 am

So I've just discovered, literally just like 5 minutes ago, that you can make the Taurus Demon commit murder suicide. You know the section of his arena where there's a section of the wall missing? I blocked a blow and it sent me flying off the wall, and he followed me right off. I didn't see it, but I heard the sound enemies make when they die, and just assumed that it was me dying. So I just ran back up assuming I'd be fighting him again and he's gone, and my blood stain contained the souls you'd get from killing him.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:36 am

ha similar thing happened to me during the fight he back hopped right of the edge, easiest battle ever
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:41 am

hahaha. Taurus Demon's got issues.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:43 am

I noticed that the sprawl of a township in the distance off of the ledge of the graveyard in the Firelink shrine has some interesting "architecture". Look with the binoculars closely and you can see the Undead Burg pvp fighting area. I thought it was nifty.

Wooden structures disappear at a far distance. Examples are in NLR and from Sen's Fortress. In NLR from Beatrice's summon sign you can see a body with an item on it on a far sprawl of blank stone. Turns out it was just the same body as the one inside the wooden shacks past one of the blob creatures and the DW. In Sen's you cannot see the wooden plank you use to climb to the first bell in the parish. I was standin on the gate giants area lookin at it and noticed also the other gargoyle statues don't appear either. I'm a nazi for little details.

Also A LOT of the rocks in the graveyard look like they've been "cut" with some sort of weapon. My guess Is the skeletons falchions and scimitars.

SO MUCH DETAIL!!!
    moaiguy42
    moaiguy42
    Casual
    Casual

Post by moaiguy42 Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:07 am

My most recent discovery? That halberds are glorious, death-dealing weapons. :affraid:
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:44 am

@PlasticandRage- That reminds me of the time I was fighting the Taurus Demon, and having got it's life down to where one hit would finish it, whilst being in the exact same boat myself, I quickly raised my shield to fend off one of it's sweeping attacks, which proceeded to shove me right back to that edge. Screaming outloud because I thought the little basket had knocked me over (it turned out it hadn't) I then hit the R2 button as I was determined to go out fighting, and unintentionally ended up delivering the killing blow.

It was a most epic fight, and one that I have great pleasure in re-telling from time to time. big grin

Back on subject, another Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 2707236321moment for me was when, having taken the time to speak with the Undead Merchant in the Berg, I finally realised that the Taurus Demon was a Bull, and the Capra Demon was a Goat. lol
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:53 am

Gazman0169 wrote:Back on subject, another Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 8 2707236321moment for me was when, having taken the time to speak with the Undead Merchant in the Berg, I finally realised that the Taurus Demon was a Bull, and the Capra Demon was a Goat. lol

I actually just heard this dialogue for the first time recently as well. I didn't he referenced Yulia till recently either.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:58 am

Ah yes 'little Yulia', the invisible pet that everyone wants! The man clearly has a screw loose, but his intolerance and impatience sure do make my day! lol
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:04 am

Yeah I was a little disappointed when I followed up with the female undead merchant hoping to find equally as nutty dialogue. She's still not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I didn't get quite as much of a laugh out of hers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:20 am