Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

CaptanSpudsy
    CaptanSpudsy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 24 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by CaptanSpudsy Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 pm

The Painting Guardian's Sword has an AWESOME 2h R2!
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 24 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Yukon Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:17 pm

Spoiler:

UHM, yeah I guess so...
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:22 pm

Yukon wrote:
    Spoiler:

UHM, yeah I guess so...

WTF lol, I guess you summoned 2 guys and the other is a glitched invader that popped up as a friendly phantom.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:34 pm

I was the last one summoned so I have no clue, it seemed like what happened is that me and the Ciaran player got summoned at the same time, but I thought that she was a dragon because of her colour. So strange. The sad thing is that the summoner died rather quickly, so we didn't even get to fight orn and smough.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 am

Just realized that health replenishing equips stack, making them all relatively viable together. I was tweaking my STR/FTH build, and without thinking about it equipped the Butcher's Knife while having the Sanctus on my back. Realizing how much more health I was getting while fighting with it, I decided to try casting Replenishment also, which, another thing I didn't know until now, you can have cast at the same time as your weapon buff, and the three together were actually giving me enough health recovery to be useful. I took the brunt of a dark bead, and then went on to win the fight, and by the end of it I had full health again. I'm going to keep experimenting with them.

On a heavy armor toon, with access to GMB, it doesn't even really matter that the Sanctus has poopy defensive stats. I've always kind of written it off because it's stats were pretty lame and it's special ability wasn't all that potent, but if you just use it to parry and replenish your health it doesn't really make a difference.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:28 am

i've stacked the Sanctus, Server and Ring of Evil Eye on a co-op based build, i didn't have enough faith for replenishment, but it served me quit well. stayed in fit fighting form for the entire journey to the boss for the most part. it was especially nice when the host was being stingy with the estus.

also, you get health back from the RofEE for any mobs your co-op partners kill, not just from the ones you kill yourself. so if you're close to death, equip the RofEE and hang back or play defensively, before long you'll be back in the thick of it.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Re: health regen, yes you can stack sanctus, replenishment, and I think the ring of the sun princess for something like 14/hp a sec. You can then add in Server, evil eye ring, etc. It's more viable than it used to be particularly with the HR nerf, since it's harder to get one shot. I've even seen a few players using double sanctus (sanctii?) which I presume also stack.

I've also seen 3+ friendly phantoms a number of times, particularly in Anor Londo. There are at least two ways it can happen: 2 phantoms somehow just arrive simultaneously, or a third player invades but through the rare invasion bug instead shows up as a white phantom. For me, the latter has been more frequent but I've seen both.

Finally, one thing I noticed recently is that a friendly phantom's lloyds talisman no longer affects their host. You used to be able to hit your own host and prevent them from healing for a while (really only useful for trolling or if you wanted to pretend to be a ganker in the forest and then get your host killed), but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Perhaps a patch change.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:11 pm

befowler wrote:Finally, one thing I noticed recently is that a friendly phantom's lloyds talisman no longer affects their host.
    That's a shame. Well, you can still parry your host.

And that reminds me, you can also parry host's enemies as an invader. Like the hollows in burg etc.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Nybbles wrote:i've stacked the Sanctus, Server and Ring of Evil Eye on a co-op based build, i didn't have enough faith for replenishment, but it served me quit well. stayed in fit fighting form for the entire journey to the boss for the most part. it was especially nice when the host was being stingy with the estus.

also, you get health back from the RofEE for any mobs your co-op partners kill, not just from the ones you kill yourself. so if you're close to death, equip the RofEE and hang back or play defensively, before long you'll be back in the thick of it.

RofEE?

And I didn't know the Ring of the Sun Princess healed you?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Ring of Sun Princess doesn't heal by itself, it boosts miracles (the "synergy" reference is misleading - you do not need to have a miracle synergy ring to get bonuses). So if you wear it and cast replenishment, replenishment does like 12 hp/sec instead of 10. Add in sanctus and you're at 14/sec. 12->14 may not seem worth a ring slot, but if you're on a faith build the ring also buffs some miracle damage types too.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:21 pm

befowler wrote:Ring of Sun Princess doesn't heal by itself, it boosts miracles (the "synergy" reference is misleading - you do not need to have a miracle synergy ring to get bonuses). So if you wear it and cast replenishment, replenishment does like 12 hp/sec instead of 10. Add in sanctus and you're at 14/sec. 12->14 may not seem worth a ring slot, but if you're on a faith build the ring also buffs some miracle damage types too.

Oh oh. I see. So wait, what would be more effective? The RotSP or the RotS'sFB?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:27 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    befowler wrote:Ring of Sun Princess doesn't heal by itself, it boosts miracles (the "synergy" reference is misleading - you do not need to have a miracle synergy ring to get bonuses). So if you wear it and cast replenishment, replenishment does like 12 hp/sec instead of 10. Add in sanctus and you're at 14/sec. 12->14 may not seem worth a ring slot, but if you're on a faith build the ring also buffs some miracle damage types too.

The ring of the suns firstborn raises Wrath of Gods damage by 20%... The ring of the sun princess raises it by about 5%. Both are AMAZING if you use them together though. My pure faith build hits 1200 on Wrath of the Gods.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Rynn wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

The ring of the suns firstborn raises Wrath of Gods damage by 20%... The ring of the sun princess raises it by about 5%. Both are AMAZING if you use them together though. My pure faith build hits 1200 on Wrath of the Gods.

That's good to know. Thanks. I always assumed that "Miracle Synergy," was referring to the white rings. Never considered that it increased the power of your miracles.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Miracle Sznergy is best used for healing and buffing. It raises Force's range and WoG's power, but if you're looking for damage, Ring of Sun's Firstborn is better.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:39 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Rynn wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

That's good to know. Thanks. I always assumed that "Miracle Synergy," was referring to the white rings. Never considered that it increased the power of your miracles.
    It does. Equipping the ring of the sun princess is like having a white ring permanently follow you around.

Increases Wrath of the Gods damage and Range slightly
    Increases Emit Force cast time and damage
    Increases Great Heal healing by about 25%
    Increases Heal's potency by 20% (from 660 to 800
    Increases forces range by about 10%

It works on some other spells too.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:45 pm

That makes perfect sense, and is kinda neat. I wonder if being in the presence of a white ring causes it to stack? I'd think so. Too bad we can't test it because the white rings don't freakin work.

Oh wait, I suppose it could be tested with the perma-rings couldn't it
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:06 pm

They stack.
    X-box rings aren't broken.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:14 pm

^ Lucky you.

Edit: This may be a silly question, but does anyone know if it's possible to change/increase the nature of health increasing equips by making them divine? I just read that making the Server chaos actually changes the amount of health it restores to you, so if that's true, following the same logic, might it be possible to have the reverse effect on something like the Sanctus or Butcher's Knife by making it divine?
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:28 pm

a while ago i noticed that leeroy can't one hand swing the grant... poor leeroy doesn't have 50 strength D:

another cool thing is the dark souls unhelmed gallery. type "Ddark souls Unhelmed" on google and you can see yoour favorite npc's without their helmets on it's really cool
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:52 pm

Another thing I noticed recently is that you can force the great club (and maybe other weapons) into an extra attack. Basically you start by holding a great club 1-handed, and roll forward. The regular R1 roll attack facing forward is a nearly 360 horizontal sweep. But if you rotate the camera 180 degrees and look behind you as you are coming out of the roll and trigger the attack then, you do nearly another full rotation in the swing that importantly hits behind you twice. Basically you seem to get the benefit of your character turning around while swinging, plus the regular roll attack sweep tacked on at the end. Needless to say, this is fantastic for punishing would-be backstabbers with multiple hits as they run up behind you. I was doing this on a med roll build so not sure if it works on fast/DWGR, as the slower roll recovery may be a factor.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:38 pm

It seems that Man-Serpent Sorcerers have a spit acid/poison attack, at least the one found in Duke's Archives. I don't know if it breaks equipment or if it poisons but he spitted a small green cloud at me, and I dodge it.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:07 pm

ChizFreak wrote:It seems that Man-Serpent Sorcerers have a spit acid/poison attack, at least the one found in Duke's Archives. I don't know if it breaks equipment or if it poisons but he spitted a small green cloud at me, and I dodge it.

I got hit once, pretty sure it breaks equipment.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:12 pm

Serpents (Cobra) HAS A GRAB ATTACK...
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:57 am

Iron Flesh. That is all.

No wait. It isn't all. I've also discovered that you can use Force to both disguise your WoG's and be disguised as a WoG. I've been having some fun with it in the forest.

Also starting to discover that some people really care about the leader boards. Encountering my first disconnecters tonight. They lose, I blow, then they disconnect before the load screen comes up. I'm assuming that's why.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 am

PlasticandRage wrote:Iron Flesh. That is all.

No wait. It isn't all. I've also discovered that you can use Force to both disguise your WoG's and be disguised as a WoG. I've been having some fun with it in the forest.

Also starting to discover that some people really care about the leader boards. Encountering my first disconnecters tonight. They lose, I blow, then they disconnect before the load screen comes up. I'm assuming that's why.

Lol at the second part is tremendously obvious but to be honest is hard to fool most people, WoG has a different "explosion" (it's more white-ish), and different sounds effects. And most people will already dodge Force too so it doesn't help much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:17 pm