Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 25 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Yukon Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:53 am

Maybe it's just because I am a gravelord and not a darkwraith,

but it seems like the Darkmoon Knightess is protected from the Dark hand by her covenant, or maybe her rank as a Firekeeper. I tried to drain her humanity and she started to glow darkmoon blue and I got nothing for my efforts. Interesting.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 25 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:56 am

THATS AWESOME!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:04 am

Did she have ant special dialogue when your Dark Handed her?
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:05 am

Nah, its just like "What has come over you" when you hit her with a low level weapon before she agros. I also learned that dark handing doesn't agro NPC's! I thought it would.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:14 am

ChizFreak wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:Iron Flesh. That is all.

No wait. It isn't all. I've also discovered that you can use Force to both disguise your WoG's and be disguised as a WoG. I've been having some fun with it in the forest.

Also starting to discover that some people really care about the leader boards. Encountering my first disconnecters tonight. They lose, I blow, then they disconnect before the load screen comes up. I'm assuming that's why.

Lol at the second part is tremendously obvious but to be honest is hard to fool most people, WoG has a different "explosion" (it's more white-ish), and different sounds effects. And most people will already dodge Force too so it doesn't help much.

The trick is to purposely not hit them with it. I've been spamming them in sets of three as they approach, and before they're close enough to be effected by it, then when they stop/back off, I blast them with my Avelyn. It's worked 3 times in a row now.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:00 am

Mages in PvE are just as overpowered as they were in DeS. I'm tearing through the game at record speed, beat the Black Knight in the burg at SL5 and the Stray Demon at SL20 etc.

I'm sure I'll run into trouble at some point but so far it's been far easier than a regular melee playthrough.

The reason why I've only just 'discovered' this is because I have always read how magic in DeS was way overpowered and that they fixed that in DkS.

It's pretty much the same as far as I can tell.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:02 am

serpent mages have a grab attack that they use their magic casting hand for, they swing and grab you and start biting your face.
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:34 am

That the tactic of sliding down the ladder in the Forest is way easy to deal with, even without VoS. >=]
    I had no idea it could be solved so easily.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:08 pm

I've just found out that you can actually shoot the fireball hurling Giant at the top of Sens Fortress, so making the top section a lot less hazardous. You have to position yourself carefully, don't go up the steps towards him, stand at the top of the steps where you go down to the Balder Knight and you can just see him at the top of the tower. It takes a little practice but you have to time your shot just as he bends down to pick up another fireball. I used my Black Bow of Pharis +14 and large arrows, I reckon, with misses I used about 20.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:09 pm

[quote="SlakeMoth"]I've just found out that you can actually shoot the fireball hurling Giant at the top of Sens Fortress, so making the top section a lot less hazardous. You have to position yourself carefully, don't go up the steps towards him, stand at the top of the steps where you go down to the Balder Knight and you can just see him at the top of the tower. It takes a little practice but you have to time your shot just as he bends down to pick up another fireball. I used my Black Bow of Pharis +14 and large arrows, I reckon, with misses I used about 20.[/quote]

Or you could sprint through the whole area. He will never hit you. Just run and run and run all the way up top, then take him out, then go back and grab the loot happy
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:54 pm

I went into the bonewheel area of the Painted World yesterday with a low level toon. First bonewheel came at me, and I dodged it, then chased it toward the ladder where I descended. When I turned around to deal with the rest, a single phalanx blob was sitting there blocking my way. No idea how it got there. First time in all the countless hours of playing that I've ever seen this happen.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:58 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:I've just found out that you can actually shoot the fireball hurling Giant at the top of Sens Fortress, so making the top section a lot less hazardous. You have to position yourself carefully, don't go up the steps towards him, stand at the top of the steps where you go down to the Balder Knight and you can just see him at the top of the tower. It takes a little practice but you have to time your shot just as he bends down to pick up another fireball. I used my Black Bow of Pharis +14 and large arrows, I reckon, with misses I used about 20.

You can use like 15 poison arrows too, and just poison him, then wait around, then poison him again when it wears off, and wait around. He'll die after about 10 minutes, and it saves you the arrows.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:I went into the bonewheel area of the Painted World yesterday with a low level toon. First bonewheel came at me, and I dodged it, then chased it toward the ladder where I descended. When I turned around to deal with the rest, a single phalanx blob was sitting there blocking my way. No idea how it got there. First time in all the countless hours of playing that I've ever seen this happen.

It happened to me several times. It happens when you don't kill all the phalanx and you just run through them, 1 (sometimes more) will follow you to the ladder and will fall off to the bonewheel area trying to reach you.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:26 pm

But can you catch the difference between wog and force in time to dodge. More than once I've cast force into a shield a here and there and then switched to dead angle wog when they try to block it.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:43 pm

If you stand next to the switch as the Anor Londo stairs get rotated for the first time, and then after the cutscene shoot the gargoyle with a crossbow as he runs left or right around the platform, you often blow his tail clean off (even if the animation shows your bolt hitting him in the body). It's pretty funny watching him turn around to roar at nothing.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:17 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:But can you catch the difference between wog and force in time to dodge. More than once I've cast force into a shield a here and there and then switched to dead angle wog when they try to block it.
    I'm pretty sure Force has smaller AoE reach than WoG. Also, for some reason, WoG looks more white and has a different sound effect.
    Best avoid both and problem is solved. happy
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Then you're allowing them to dictate your stamina use without using any themselves so they can guard break you but eat it and get bs'd or take the wog. Force also gets 21 casts a slot, thats a lot of dodging. Block or try a bs and risk a deadangle wog. See why its an effective strategy?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:32 pm

When you use yellow pine resin in the boss fight with Seath, because of the fog of the Crystal Caves, you have blue lighting in your weapon instead of yellow. It looks awesome.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Then you're allowing them to dictate your stamina use without using any themselves so they can guard break you but eat it and get bs'd or take the wog. Force also gets 21 casts a slot, thats a lot of dodging. Block or try a bs and risk a deadangle wog. See why its an effective strategy?
    I don't mind evading. I eat grass like a hungry cow, so stamina is never an issue. If the grass runs out, I'll backstab them, or run away and chow time.

Also, I got Black Flame, which staggers anything below 60 Poise. That's a good way to stop them and even if end up trading hits, I can take it. I will know they're one WoG short.

I've fought this kind of spam before and lost to it only once, the first time. Of course, my opponent may have been noobs with it and the lot of you here would pound me to death. After reading some stuff here, I kind of got the impression that I exclusively run into noobs and new players all the time. Not that I mind, ego boost is good. lol!

Well, I will admit that Xach owns me hard, so you can have an image of my skill level. happy

ChizFreak wrote:When you use yellow pine resin in the boss fight with Seath, because of the fog of the Crystal Caves, you have blue lighting in your weapon instead of yellow. It looks awesome.
    This actually happened to me few days ago. I was shocked and thought it's a glitch, or something. Then I messaged the host and he explained it was normal Gold Resin. Strange, but very cool.

Also, if you use Rotten Resin in Archives it looks much darker, almost like a Toxin and not Poison. Haven't tried fire yet...
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:52 pm

i'm not sure about this but... You can get double backtabbed sad
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:i'm not sure about this but... You can get double backtabbed sad

Yeah, it's possible.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Just ran into the same pair of gankers and confirmed it for myself.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:07 pm

^ You only take the damage from one of them though. There's a youtube video about it somewhere. I'd link it but I can't remember what it was called.

At least I'm pretty sure you only take the damage from one.

Edit: Here's one. https://youtu.be/1-em6BnRsas
    It's not a great video, but you can see that he does the same damage when he BS's by himself as he does when he BS's together with the other guy. Looks like 800 something.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:12 pm

I want to argue that you do take damage from both, but I have no proof.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:14 pm

We could always just test it out. I'm not positive either. It'd be easier to do with 3 people trying to do it on purpose.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:10 pm