Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Ahh ok. Was worried there for a second :|

Also, the dragonslayer greatbow is great in close quarters. I never, ever thought it would be!
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:38 pm

An invasion occures in two stages for the host, if he has no summons.

1) White doors go up, bonfires go down, and white and red soapstones become unusable.

2) Invader comes and an invasion message is displayed.

In between the two steps is a short pause. During this pause the host can press start and select quit game.

I'm guessing this gives the invader an invasion failed message, but I don't know for certain.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:22 pm

WandererReece wrote:An invasion occures in two stages for the host, if he has no summons.

1) White doors go up, bonfires go down, and white and red soapstones become unusable.

In between the two steps is a short pause. During this pause the host can press start and select quit game.

I'm guessing this gives the invader an invasion failed message, but I don't know for certain.

It makes it comes up with "Disconnected from master of world" as soon as they spawn big grin
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:An invasion occures in two stages for the host, if he has no summons.

It makes it comes up with "Disconnected from master of world" as soon as they spawn big grin
    That impossible, because the game quites BEFORE they arrive. Its start and quit, not PS and quit.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:42 pm

No, it does indeed come up with that message. Once the white door comes up, you cannot hit start and quit. You have to hit the PS/Xbox button and quit game.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:44 pm

No, you simply don't see the Invader arrive into your world, because by that time you'd have already quit the game, but for the Invader he still has to arrive in your Host-less world before the "Disconnected from master of world" message comes up, and he/she is then promptly sent off back home.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Mark the safer option is hit the PS/Xbox button, and then disconnect from the server, as the game then brings you back to the main title screen without any risk of the save file being corrupted.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:49 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:No, it does indeed come up with that message. Once the white door comes up, you cannot hit start and quit. You have to hit the PS/Xbox button and quit game.

I have done this many times. When the doors come up there is a "pause" before the invader and his message appears. Durring that pause you can press start and select quit game from the in game menu before the invader arrives.

If you wait for him to arrive, then this wil not work, and you hvae to press PS.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:No, you simply don't see the Invader arrive into your world, because by that time you'd have already quit the game, but for the Invader he still has to arrive in your Host-less world before the "Disconnected from master of world" message comes up, and he/she is then promptly sent off back home.

Oh, that makes since.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Just found out that Super Ornstein can spear grab more than one person in one shot. Was helping out as a SunBro in Anor Londo last night and I got skewered with the host on Ornstein's spear. We were both flailing and it kinda looked like we gave each other a high five right before the lightning charge that throws you off.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Yeah I know Reece, I have hit the pause button but as soon as the white door is there, I cannot quit in my games on the XBox.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:54 pm

You're both right, in so far as that on some occasions an extended delay will allow you to quit the game from the in game menu, but on most occasions (at least from my own personal experience) the only way out is via the PS or Xbox buttons.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Only way out that I've seen is when the white door is disappearing; when the game disconnects you from a possible invader, but before the animation of the white door disappears.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Yes that too, but trust me I've seen and have quit more than enough invasions to know that you are both right.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:07 pm

I would just like to point out that I generally do not make a habit of chickening out of invasions, but there does come a time when uninvited guests are simply not welcome! big grin
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Everynevers wrote:Just found out that Super Ornstein can spear grab more than one person in one shot. Was helping out as a SunBro in Anor Londo last night and I got skewered with the host on Ornstein's spear. We were both flailing and it kinda looked like we gave each other a high five right before the lightning charge that throws you off.
    Yeah, if you're close to the guy getting skewered you can get sucked up in his wake. No pun inteded, but it SUCKS. I hate getting grappled in front of other players. It's embarrassing.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:10 pm

Uhh guys i didn't say that it would come up with that message for you. I said it would for the invader. I don't really know if that's what you were saying.
    Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Krasouski Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Just recently saw the moonlight buttlerfly's blue orb att,when he/she crosses the bridge
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:26 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:No, it does indeed come up with that message. Once the white door comes up, you cannot hit start and quit. You have to hit the PS/Xbox button and quit game.

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Also, I just learned YouTube will let you choose "other" as a gender when you make an account.lol!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:21 pm

callipygias wrote:
    Everynevers wrote:Just found out that Super Ornstein can spear grab more than one person in one shot. Was helping out as a SunBro in Anor Londo last night and I got skewered with the host on Ornstein's spear. We were both flailing and it kinda looked like we gave each other a high five right before the lightning charge that throws you off.
    Yeah, if you're close to the guy getting skewered you can get sucked up in his wake. No pun inteded, but it SUCKS. I hate getting grappled in front of other players. It's embarrassing.

Yeah, S&O are my favorite boss for coop, and I find that attack really embarrassing if I get hit by it. The only good part is that it takes a long time for him to run through the whole animation, so sometimes I purposefully let it hit me if the host needs to heal themselves, since it'll give them plenty of time while I'm getting fried. But back on thread topic, I recently discovered that you can safely escape it even midrolling, you just have to time things a bit more closely to the stab. Yay midroll.
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:52 am

CaligoIllioneus wrote:I never discovered this before because he just dies too fast, but Pinwheel has an awesome theme: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_35zPoY38g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_35zPoY38g[/quote[/url]]

Yeah, when I first enoucntered pinwheel I was like "what the ****, how do i defeat him?" A few swipes of my Gargoyles Halberd later, I said "Seriously, is that it???"

I think i only lost about a 10th of my health in that battle (and think if I was more careful, I would not have lost any health).
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:59 am

Tomhet wrote:Something that might be very obvious but I discovered until very recently: you don't have to carry your ore around, you can use it to upgrade weapons and armor even when it's stashed in your Bottomless Box.

i discovered that as well recently!! Was at the Giant Blacksmith, and remembered that I had stashed all my boss souls in the box, YET I could still forge boss weapons at the Smithy.
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:12 am

Gazman0169 wrote:I would just like to point out that I generally do not make a habit of chickening out of invasions, but there does come a time when uninvited guests are simply not welcome! big grin

Aggree, I was quite eager to continue my PvE quest to get to Sif, but wanted to take a summon with me. Going through Garden was really annoying as I would ALWAYS get invaded (and killed, PvP skills lacking somewhat :oops:), even though I wanted to just get the quest done. Even once tried quitting my game, but before I could, BS!!! :evil:

Landed up going to Sif via Darkroot Basin. Hell of a long trek, but at least I could get to Sif, though minus a summon :pale:. But managed to kill Sif on my own after my 3rd attempt at him. :drunken:
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:21 pm

I don't know if someone mentioned this, but i recently found out an interesting fact about the Gwyndolin fight. It seems like you keep just going down an endless hallway, but it actually does end. You just hit a wall, and Gwyndolin doesnt teleport anymore.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:36 pm