Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 6 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Here's another one, on NG+ there are certain embers you don't need to collect a second time around in order for the Blacksmith to upgrade your weapons/shields, and the Magic ember immediately springs to mind.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 6 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:05 pm

You never need an ember to get to Magic +5, but you always need either the Large Magic Ember or Enchanted one to go beyond that.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:13 pm

I didn't, as I had a +9 Magic Falcon at the end of NG, which I then went on to upgrade into a +10 on NG+ before beating Seath, meaning that I did so without the need of the Large Magic Ember. twisted
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:39 pm

You need embers to push items from +5 to +6, from +10 to +11, and for any and all base changes to weapons. You also don't need to go to a smith, you just can do it at your bonfire assuming you have the weapon smithbox.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:45 pm

I know that, but on my last NG+ run for some reason I didn't, as I managed to upgrade at least one (possibly two) weapons without the need for the corresponding Large Embers.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:25 pm

From what to what though?

If your weapon is +6, then you start NG+, you don't need anything but a weapon smithbox and the appropriate shards to make it a +10 item. If your weapon is +5, then you need the large ember to make it +6.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:02 pm

I went to Blighttown to kill Sheva and his body guard. I killed Sheva, but then his bodyguard killed me. I thought he would be gone for good. Then I went to Alvina without absolving my sins to see what would happen, and the bodyguard backstabed me! After my death I killed him and got his ring. twisted
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:I didn't, as I had a +9 Magic Falcon at the end of NG, which I then went on to upgrade into a +10 on NG+ before beating Seath, meaning that I did so without the need of the Large Magic Ember. twisted

Marks right, going from +9 to +10 magic doesn't require the ember.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you only need the embers when you first modify the weapon to an elemental type? I think I've upgraded fire and chaos weapons from +9 and +4 respectively without the embers.

FruitPunchNinja wrote:I don't know if someone mentioned this, but i recently found out an interesting fact about the Gwyndolin fight. It seems like you keep just going down an endless hallway, but it actually does end. You just hit a wall, and Gwyndolin doesnt teleport anymore.

I also recently discovered you can stunlock him out of his teleport if you hit him in the first moment of the windup. And then he just stands there like an idiot while you pummel him to death. I did it with a 2hd greatsword swing.
    oregonav8r
    Regular
    Regular

Post by oregonav8r Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:54 pm

A couple random discoveries for myself...

1. You can backstab the fang boar in the Undead Parish, which looks extremely funny if you're using a long sword that thrusts during a backstab. big grin

2. If you die, put on a Ring of Sacrifice and then get cursed while trying to recover your bloodstain, it will still disappear and you lose everything. For some reason I didn't realize that this was one of the elements of the curse effect...found this out in the Great Hollow...was rather painful due to the amount of souls and humanity I lost.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Figured it would be more prudent to ask here; can Katana's Riposte if you two hand them?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:44 pm

oregonav8r wrote:You can backstab the fang boar in the Undead Parish, which looks extremely funny if you're using a long sword that thrusts during a backstab. big grin

That reminded me of something. Once I backstabed one of the big club guys in blighttown. My friend was watching me, and said, "It looks like you stabed him in the ***."
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Slarg232 wrote:Figured it would be more prudent to ask here; can Katana's Riposte if you two hand them?
    If you can switch to 2-hands quickly enough after the parry you can.

This got me to thinking though, they should add a 2-hand parry/rip into the next game. Make it a really tight window where you spin, knock their attack aside and hit the rip at the end of the spin. One fluid, badass movement.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Yeah... like the parry to the side, spin around while flipping the blade upside-down, and thrust towards the back (where the enemy should be after the spin) between the blade carrying arm and that side of the body - a la Conan the Barbarian. I'd love that animation.

Just invaded a Gravelord for the first time in the Parrish the other day... discovered it would be wise to wait by the spawn point for more invaders to make the destruction of the curse more likely. I don't even really need to do that, I guess. I guess I could always stall them with turtling.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 pm

That you can do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byeORtbA1ck&feature=player_detailpage#t=392s
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:42 pm

befowler wrote:That you can do this:

Oh my god.
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 pm

For those in class, WHAT'S IN THE VID??? happy
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:01 pm

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:52 pm

http://tinyurl.com/8o3sfsb.

This is amazing in the forest. twisted They'll run past you and act lost. I heard about it from someone else, and thought I would try it.

Also Painted Guardians are immune to TWoP. I tried the spell against them multiple times. It will put a yellow ring around them, but they will still fast roll.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:13 pm

That you can do this:

pmsl over the way he gets fed up with the Dragons Tooth lol
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:48 pm

I had just found out that if you pick up the Chaos Fire Whip, Laurentius will ask you about it. I had always thought that you had to join the Chaos covenant or have Quelana available as a pyromancy teacher, but that wasn't the case.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:24 pm

Marionx wrote:I had just found out that if you pick up the Chaos Fire Whip, Laurentius will ask you about it. I had always thought that you had to join the Chaos covenant or have Quelana available as a pyromancy teacher, but that wasn't the case.
    I think this happens when you acquire any of the chaos spells, or gain access to Quelana.

Your post also made me remember something else: You can't aggro Ceaseless Discharge with pyromancy spells (unless the new dlc spell can). Not sure if they'll damage him or not after he's aggro, can't remember if I've tried.
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Yeah, it sort of surprised me because I had never joined the covenant or unlocked Quelana. Just before I beat the Bed of Chaos, I went and picked up Chaos Fire whip. I returned to Firelink shrine and there was Laurentius asking me about it. lol
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:08 pm

That Clubs/Maces are freaking awesome weapons
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 pm

I just found out that if you hit something that makes your weapon rebound, you take extra stamina damage. I never noticed that!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:46 pm