Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Peaceful Wollyhop
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Peaceful Wollyhop Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Well I found out today that pyromancy counts as a soccery and so is affected by the bellowing dragon ring and pyro flames scale with intelligence. This is one thing I really wish I had found out sooner -.-
    Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 7 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Krasouski Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Peaceful Wollyhop wrote:Well I found out today that pyromancy counts as a soccery and so is affected by the bellowing dragon ring and pyro flames scale with intelligence. This is one thing I really wish I had found out sooner -.-

The damage does not get higher with intelligence,only the R2 punch
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Found out the Silver Knight Archers have a pretty decent block with their Dragon Bows... Funny that they'd never attempted to block me ever before.

Didn't know the boulder throwing barbarians also dropped Pickaxes. Maybe all the barbarians do.. not that I use them but I just never knew they dropped anything other than sticks and poop.
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Post by THEOGLUIGI Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:48 pm

I didn't know the boulder throwing giants dropped pickaxes!? Interesting.

Also, I didn't know what the stuff on Gough's helmet was for a while. Looked like he turned into a horny toad for a lil' bit and started shooting blood from his eyes or he was maimed in battle and his eyes were torn out or something. But after killing him on a toon I made for no reason I read the armor description and WTF!? That is pine resin. So Gough isn't really blind? WHAT!? Who could have done this? It is little details like this that I love about this game. Here's Gough this great archer and warrior, intelligent and wise yet he does not even know that his blindness is not his own doing.

But it does make you wonder why he never takes the helmet off, his head must be really stinky.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:33 pm

A few days ago I was playing through the dlc, and encontered something I havent seen before.
    When the bloated heads did their berserker arm flail I only had to block the first hit, and the rest of the combo was automatically blocked. My character didn't lower the shield until the combo was finished, even though I let go of the block button after the first hit. I could even initiate a counter attack while blocking, and it would trigger right after the bloated guy finished his combo. At first I thought it was a bug, but then tried with another shield and got the same result.
    Is this a new feature, or have I simply not noticed it before?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:35 pm

I'm sure that it has happened to me before. the hollows in the depths once did that to me while another one attacked me from behind.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:30 pm

I found a way to the central part of new londo cheers

Unfortunately, there is nothing interesting and it is clear you are not supposed to be able to go there. You can jump there, but to actually explore the area, you must do some tricks by quitting and reloading the game. I know of two other people who have found a way there, but i dare to say i am one of the first in here winking

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:46 am

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:14 pm

I didn't know that if you tried to parry with a maxed out Havel's Shield you got turned into a rock.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:45 pm

I didnt know untill Manus that fighting a boss using a great shield is like haveing an easy mode no wonder they make them so heavy and the requirments so high.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:50 pm

I didn't know that you could see the Moonlight Butterfly chilling up on its bridge from the hidden bonfire by the Crest of Artorias door.

Seriously. I had no idea. :roll:
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:43 pm

I discovered that after you get lifted to An*l Rodeo and stand on the Platform ,when you turn around there is one of those Skinny white Lightning Spear wielding Guys chilling on the wall .
    Thats not all, you can "Talk" to him and he will take you to Sen's again .

Makes you wonder what those guys actually are...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:55 pm

Marino. wrote:Makes you wonder what those guys actually are...

Ugly.

ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:08 am

Marino. wrote:I discovered that after you get lifted to An*l Rodeo and stand on the Platform ,when you turn around there is one of those Skinny white Lightning Spear wielding Guys chilling on the wall .
    Thats not all, you can "Talk" to him and he will take you to Sen's again .
    Throw some dung pies at him!
    Seriously someone please try it, see if they made him immune or if you can still kill him with pies.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:25 am

I used a Trainer to reduce his HP to 1 and then i threw a Fire Bomb at him .
    He just disapeared (No animation No white cloud he just disapeared) and i got 500 Souls (NG) . Also this one looks kind of different than the others
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:47 am

Solaire fat rolls when facing the Gargolyes, but he medium rolls when facing the Centipede Demon. I can't remember how he rolls against S&O.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:59 am

ChizFreak wrote:Solaire fat rolls when facing the Gargolyes, but he medium rolls when facing the Centipede Demon. I can't remember how he rolls against S&O.
    That's interesting. It would be so cool to see npc's stats somewhere. Another interesting thing about solaire is that he has the orange charred ring on already in parish.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:34 am

FinPeku wrote:
    ChizFreak wrote:Solaire fat rolls when facing the Gargolyes, but he medium rolls when facing the Centipede Demon. I can't remember how he rolls against S&O.
    That's interesting. It would be so cool to see npc's stats somewhere. Another interesting thing about solaire is that he has the orange charred ring on already in parish.

Here

It may not be 100% accurate, but it's still impressive.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:33 pm

I just found out that you can summon Paladin Leeroy in the bonewheel racing area in the Catacombs, right before Pinwheel.

It's kind of funny. Pinwheel is weaker than most regular enemies but one of the most powerful NPC's is summonable for him. The best part is that he crushes the wheel skeletons on his own.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:14 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I just found out that you can summon Paladin Leeroy in the bonewheel racing area in the Catacombs, right before Pinwheel.

It's kind of funny. Pinwheel is weaker than most regular enemies but one of the most powerful NPC's is summonable for him. The best part is that he crushes the wheel skeletons on his own.

Wow I didnt know that.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Spurgun wrote:
    FinPeku wrote:

Here

It may not be 100% accurate, but it's still impressive.

Perhaps he levels up throughout the game?
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:38 pm

I just found out that you can summon Paladin Leeroy in the bonewheel racing area in the Catacombs, right before Pinwheel.

Awesome discovery, it's unlikely to convince me to go through the Catacombs in Human form though! lol
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:21 pm

In all likelihood Oscar was pummeled through the roof by the Asylum demon, which would help to explain why you find him dying lying on a pile of rubble directly below a hole in the ceiling. twisted
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:27 pm

GkMrBane wrote:
    BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I just found out that you can summon Paladin Leeroy in the bonewheel racing area in the Catacombs, right before Pinwheel.

Wow I didnt know that.

Isn't that where he is always summonable?
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Yeah, but I didn't know he was summonable at all.

I never bothered being human for Pinwheel and I usually don't drop down on that secret ledge. I just happened to do that earlier, an wa-la!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:38 pm