Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
DarkW17
Myztyrio
Artoriasflagg
ChizFreak
WyrmHero
Rudmed
Glutebrah
RANT
cloudyeki
Seignar
roanispe
IV_Mark_VI
StockpileThomas
somnam
greeneless
Carphil
Marino.
Lord of Ash
The_Flail
SublimeSinner
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
vatar5
BrotherBob
28 posters

Why you should always duel honorably

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Why you should always duel honorably - Page 2 Empty Re: Why you should always duel honorably

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:58 pm

BrotherBob wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:#2) Why is it fun for you?
    -a) I get to see other players writhe and squirm as they face their inevitable death at my hands
    -b) it is an enjoyable test of skill among equals (perhaps not equal in skill, but equal in right to have fun with Dark Souls)

If you answered a): You shouldn't be spending time with Dark Souls. If your therapist won't admit it, I will: you are an insufferable sadist! Seek professional help.
    If you answered b): Great, you don't have to be institutionalized. Now, if you aren't honorable, I hope you have realized that you should be.

This is entirely your opinion. Different people do different things for fun. Accept that fact and you wont get all antsy in your pantsy and make threads like this.
    Do you want to list any other ways that people PVP for fun?

Simple.
    Play the game the way you want . The Game is supposed to make you have fun . No need to argue on anything
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why you should always duel honorably - Page 2 Empty Re: Why you should always duel honorably

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Marino. wrote:We cant have points against an opinion .
    Opinions can be poorly-founded, as so many have apparently pointed out. Opinions are typically based on evidence. So, I am asking people to point out where my flaws in understanding and inference lie.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:01 pm

BrotherBob wrote:
    Opinions can be poorly-founded, as so many have apparently pointed out. Opinions are typically based on evidence. So, I am asking people to point out where my flaws in understanding and inference lie.

What are you talking about ?
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Marino. wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    -a) I get to see other players writhe and squirm as they face their inevitable death at my hands
    -b) it is an enjoyable test of skill among equals (perhaps not equal in skill, but equal in right to have fun with Dark Souls)

If you answered a): You shouldn't be spending time with Dark Souls. If your therapist won't admit it, I will: you are an insufferable sadist! Seek professional help.
    If you answered b): Great, you don't have to be institutionalized. Now, if you aren't honorable, I hope you have realized that you should be.

This is entirely your opinion. Different people do different things for fun. Accept that fact and you wont get all antsy in your pantsy and make threads like this.

Simple.
    Play the game the way you want . The Game is supposed to make you have fun . No need to argue on anything
    That's not disputed. You bought the game; play it as you like. But have a respect for others. They bought the game too and deserve to have as much fun as you are.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:03 pm

BrotherBob wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:

Simple.
    That's not disputed. You bought the game; play it as you like. But have a respect for others. They bought the game too and deserve to have as much fun as you are.

Agreed . Amd where's your Problem ?
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Marino. wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:

What are you talking about ?
    Opinions come from evidence. So did I misinterpret the evidence or leave something out?
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:04 pm

"That's not disputed. You bought the game; play it as you like. But have a respect for others. They bought the game too and deserve to have as much fun as you are."

First, it was about honor, now it's about respect. Tell us, what does it mean to be respectful in Dark Souls? Opening and closing doors for phantoms?
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Marino. wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:

Simple.

Agreed . Amd where's your Problem ?
    Many players don't play with a healthy respect for others.
    roanispe
    roanispe
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by roanispe Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Why you should always duel honorably - Page 2 Zwv07
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:06 pm

It means no touching on the first Summon.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:06 pm

He is the masked vigilante who watches you shower protecting you from peeping toms and your evil step twin
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:06 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:"That's not disputed. You bought the game; play it as you like. But have a respect for others. They bought the game too and deserve to have as much fun as you are."

First, it was about honor, now it's about respect. Tell us, what does it mean to be respectful in Dark Souls? Opening and closing doors for phantoms?
    Honor and respect are interchangeable when it comes to this. And again, I don't want to open that topic of the definition.
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:07 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:It means no touching on the first Summon.

Oh! That explains why I can never get a second summon...

Look Skyward
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:08 pm

No don't end this yet ! sad
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:09 pm

Marino. wrote:No don't end this yet ! sad
    My crusade will never end. My spirit will never die. I just am waiting for something to refute.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:10 pm

BrotherBob wrote:
    StockpileThomas wrote:"That's not disputed. You bought the game; play it as you like. But have a respect for others. They bought the game too and deserve to have as much fun as you are."

Honor and respect are interchangeable when it comes to this. And again, I don't want to open that topic of the definition.

BrotherBob wrote:
    Marino. wrote:No don't end this yet ! sad
    My crusade will never end. My spirit will never die. I just am waiting for something to refute.

lol!
    You are hilarious
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:11 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:

Exactly. And you didn't even buy me dinner...

@BrotherBob: who are you really? Show your true face! I don't pay second accounts any attention.

Last edited by IV_Mark_VI on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:12 pm

Open the topic open the topic open the topic I like horses they taste good
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:12 pm

I still don't understand why people are getting all worked up about it. Just write something that actually applies and we'll discuss it.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:13 pm

LordofAsh wrote:Open the topic open the topic open the topic I like horses they taste good
    Have you tried Skyrim's "Horse Meat"?
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:13 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:
    StockpileThomas wrote:

Exactly. And you didn't even buy me dinner...

@BrotherBob: who are you really? Show your true face! I don't pay second accounts any attention.
    I'm a first account.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Yes a bit chewy even for my werewolf mouth
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:15 pm

I don't believe you. You open a post on the touchiest subject, with a long-winded approach and are engaging to everyone? From 0-100 on a first post eh?

Nope, don't believe you.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Im so confused wuts happening I can feel spagetti in my toes
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:17 pm

The problem here is that honor is subjective. You said "duel honorably", yet honor can mean anything. In my case, my only honor is that my opponent bows after he beats me and vice-versa (for respect); and, of course, they don't glitch (battle glitching) or cheat (as in modding).

Also, you listed that having fun invading would require you to be honorable (well, you didn't exactly say it like that), but why? That is one thing you didn't do, you never gave a firm reason to play honorably. So on top of being subjective you haven't even given us a reason!

The world of Dark Souls is divided into 2 forms of PVP. Yours is the dueling PVP. The other side is known as the invading PVP which is truly unlawful. People LIKE the unlawful and chaotic nature of invading, screwing people's days comes with it and some people even enjoy someone barging into their worlds just so they can beat them up and take their souls and humanity, useful for PvE.

NOTE: Writes this in Page 2, appears in Page 4.
    This escalated quickly (No meme intended)

Last edited by Seignar on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:23 am