Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
DarkW17
Myztyrio
Artoriasflagg
ChizFreak
WyrmHero
Rudmed
Glutebrah
RANT
cloudyeki
Seignar
roanispe
IV_Mark_VI
StockpileThomas
somnam
greeneless
Carphil
Marino.
Lord of Ash
The_Flail
SublimeSinner
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
vatar5
BrotherBob
28 posters

Why you should always duel honorably

IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Why you should always duel honorably - Page 6 Empty Re: Why you should always duel honorably

Post by IV_Mark_VI Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Closethistreadato, the potato of reason.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Why you should always duel honorably - Page 6 Empty Re: Why you should always duel honorably

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Tato-zama,trolling feels better.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Tato-Rachel, it demands the finest tea
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Bang Tato-gami, FU RIN KA ZAN
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Couch Potato - Most Colloquial kind of potato.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Tato-Mina, who the hell do you think it is?!?!?!?!
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Sol-tato,it can only do one thing...ROCK YA
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Pro-tato - Me.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Lame Flame thread-tato Look Skyward and 9 pages :affraid:
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Marino. wrote:People care for their Post count ?
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Questionnaire for Invaders:
    #1) Why are you invading?
    -a) for souls and humanity
    -b) because it is fun

If you answered a): Obviously, you have never googled "How to farm souls and humanity in Dark Souls". Do that now!
    If you answered b): Great, you don't live under the rock that we call North Korea. Continue to question #2).

What about this ?
    That was a statement about the oppressive state of North Korea, where, not only is there limited access to this great game, but also restrictions on internet access that may include the renowned search engine, Google.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 pm

BrotherBob wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    Questionnaire for Invaders:
    #1) Why are you invading?
    -a) for souls and humanity
    -b) because it is fun

If you answered a): Obviously, you have never googled "How to farm souls and humanity in Dark Souls". Do that now!
    If you answered b): Great, you don't live under the rock that we call North Korea. Continue to question #2).

What about this ?
    That was a statement about the oppressive state of North Korea, where, not only is there limited access to this great game, but also restrictions on internet access that may include the renowned search engine, Google.

Wrong guy
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:
    If you answered b): Great, you don't live under the rock that we call North Korea.

#2) Why is it fun for you?
    -a) I get to see other players writhe and squirm as they face their inevitable death at my hands
    -b) it is an enjoyable test of skill among equals (perhaps not equal in skill, but equal in right to have fun with Dark Souls)

If you answered a): You shouldn't be spending time with Dark Souls. If your therapist won't admit it, I will: you are an insufferable sadist! Seek professional help.

I agree with most things except those two. Whether or not liking to kill people in games is good or not it's subjective and a matter of opinion.

And you're being racist with North Korean folks. I hate racism, down-repped.
    I'm not being racist. I'm making a statement about the current oppression that the North Korean people face with their current form of government.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:52 pm

How did my suggestion that everyone be nicer to each other turn to this?
    I was literally gone for 4 hours to work and this one post turned into a plethora of negativity.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:09 pm

You are giving invading such a bad name. If I get invaded then obviously they are trying to kill me for souls and humanity, and you paint that in a horrible light. If they come at me like that then you are playing the game as it should be played.

You are saying that if I killed you because I wanted your souls, I am evil. However just killing you because I want humanity and souls can also be seen as making you squrim so therefore I am a sadist. It just seems like you're complaining about invading doing what it is suppose to do.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:18 pm

10 pages in about 6 hours? Now THATS news to me! Quick someone, this is a record
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Rudmed wrote:You are giving invading such a bad name. If I get invaded then obviously they are trying to kill me for souls and humanity, and you paint that in a horrible light. If they come at me like that then you are playing the game as it should be played.

You are saying that if I killed you because I wanted your souls, I am evil. However just killing you because I want humanity and souls can also be seen as making you squrim so therefore I am a sadist. It just seems like you're complaining about invading doing what it is suppose to do.
    I am not saying anything about whether invading is bad or not. In fact I'm doing it right now. Also, I just want to note that I'm probably correct in my belief that few players PVP for humanity or souls. I'm simply saying that the most likely reason that one would engage in a duel is to gain some sense of enjoyment. And in that pursuit, I just want to ask: do you gain more enjoyment when you beat another player who wasn't ready or expecting you, or when you beat a player who was ready and at his/her best? Perhaps comparing players, who enjoy beating a player who was weak and not ready, to sadists was extreme, but that is the nature of written material.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:23 pm

I just want to reiterate that this is my first account on this forum and I only posted about this topic because I feel really passionate about this. I just wanted to encourage players to be kinder and more respectful to each other. How it turned into this mess is beyond my imagination.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:41 pm

BrotherBob wrote:I just want to reiterate that this is my first account on this forum and I only posted about this topic because I feel really passionate about this. I just wanted to encourage players to be kinder and more respectful to each other. How it turned into this mess is beyond my imagination.

As I said earlier. We go about this same thread atleast once a month. You're actually lucky it hasn't degraded to an extreme level of flaming.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:46 pm

cloudyeki wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:I just want to reiterate that this is my first account on this forum and I only posted about this topic because I feel really passionate about this. I just wanted to encourage players to be kinder and more respectful to each other. How it turned into this mess is beyond my imagination.

As I said earlier. We go about this same thread atleast once a month. You're actually lucky it hasn't degraded to an extreme level of flaming.
    Listen, originally, I never wanted to discuss what makes up an honorable duel. I think everyone already has different criteria for that. I just wanted to say that we should all play in a way that makes the game enjoyable for everyone.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Sadly playing for your enjoyment still means ruining someone elses in some way. It's best to just abide by the golden rule. "Don't *** their **** up unless they try to *** your **** up"

Or something like that. I fell asleep during that lecture.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:51 pm

BrotherBob wrote:
    Rudmed wrote:You are giving invading such a bad name. If I get invaded then obviously they are trying to kill me for souls and humanity, and you paint that in a horrible light. If they come at me like that then you are playing the game as it should be played.

I am not saying anything about whether invading is bad or not. In fact I'm doing it right now. Also, I just want to note that I'm probably correct in my belief that few players PVP for humanity or souls. I'm simply saying that the most likely reason that one would engage in a duel is to gain some sense of enjoyment. And in that pursuit, I just want to ask: do you gain more enjoyment when you beat another player who wasn't ready or expecting you, or when you beat a player who was ready and at his/her best? Perhaps comparing players, who enjoy beating a player who was weak and not ready, to sadists was extreme, but that is the nature of written material.

I have definately hosted/vaded in the forest for souls. I'm sure there are plenty of others who have too.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:52 pm

10 pages in under 9 hours.

Well done, OP! cheers
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 pm

I wasn't even involved but read a lot of it and its because your thread is a very very very sensitive topic that's gets easily flamed!

I think personally your grossly mixing up invading and dueling please don't they arnt the same at all man!

In a duel you are summon 1st off ie the person accepts you into there world and there is a bow to show courtesy and respect...the fight should be somewhat respectful!

But an invasion is different these poor unprepaired people you speak of know damn well they are going to be invaded the second they walk into a world being human....the host then shows no respect to us invaders they don't bow and often run away....if you want a fair fight show it and you'll often get it....run like a coward and face a cowards death!

Getting invaded is a risk they must take if they want help...then they can have up to 2 extra people making it 3 guys to take on 1 poor darkwraith and come on man these guys are 90% of the time fully BB glitched guys making new toons!

I come from the demon souls community were red phantom NPC's had more skill than a lot of dark souls pvp'rs....I treat invasions like that I am coming to kill you period end of story....I do however follow my own honour code I feel is fair and allows me to have fun....which is the reason I love invading!

to say someone should b left alone because he hasn't spent the time and lacks the skills or equipment to defend themselves is silly....they should do the world hollow(which is why that option is there) and practice there skillz on NPC's till they are ready to try the world human!

Just saying there is always 2 sides to a coin man no offense!

Last edited by DarkW17 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    BrotherBob wrote:

I have definately hosted/vaded in the forest for souls. I'm sure there are plenty of others who have too.
    Really, have you not noticed the Forest Hunter NPCs? On second playthrough, a farming run nets around 20000 souls without the Covetous Serpent Ring or Mimic Hat equipped.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:32 pm