Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+148
Ifrit
SageOfToads123
Lich180
MikailArksot
StiffNipples
VelvetyOyster5
OminousSquaffle
GenericUsername
SadPanda
tonberryking01
Lmaousine
A Fierce Plankton
CephGabriel
DemonOfFate
Satoshi
divinebeanpole
Wolfsbane
MiareNoKo
Hugh_G_Johnson
Tolvo
ResIsBestStat
Squashy_Avocado
CarverUpqik
Elifia
Thedeadships
jimmyc0341
sure-magicians
Derksers
dragonblade
AnCapaillMor
Forum Pirate
Walter_White
Latitoast
ADirtySlate
twilightwarwolf
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Brigade
Paragon
Pilgrim34
Tchuwib
Tanklord
Werdax
BlazingSoul
Sneezer
KrazykevS10
Zyrrashijn
MistahrFox
Demon Slayer
BLA1NE
FlorisFreakshow
VaDoom
grossemesser
Anchises
densetsushun
sicktwist
Poozila
Folthanos
DMC
amaro57
ted1023
vixder/pennywise
gmwdim
Juutas
ZikoLogiKa NL
Ashran
RePaused
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
BagerX2
sunbro
Drydwir
Xero
Hydreigon11
Murkulanvippi
JaffaCakes
User1
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
firefighter_raven
Mr.Pickle
SpecialNewb
Kyōkai
drmuto
EeAyEss
rety
Rifter7
FinPeku
Halicarnassis
Coryf2209
Sentiel
XDHappyDX
DemonRider909
Aznul
Elite Knight
Phoenix Rising
Automancer
Rynn
Revoltage
BoggedBox
GkMrBane
Carphil
AnastaciaAstora
TheMeInTeam
OmniBot
argotthar
BackstabFisherman
FattyOfDoom
PlasticandRage
Kirk-Barb
Rarayn
Wilkinson3424
zasmyenok
The Letter X
CaptanSpudsy
Lord of Ash
Razielthemanslayer
joemann
ViralEnsign_
OrnsteinFanBoy
lonewolf
Avenger649
edgie_za
Ryndis
FruitPunchNinja
Cabjoy
Deathsitexxi
befowler
WandererReece
GrinTwist
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
reim0027
Mr. Tart
greeneless
bmurn
Rudmed
T-King-667
ChaosMoogle
Spurgun
Fatneckwood
BrotherBob
Noob-of-Artorias
Ghadis_God
SublimeSinner
Glutebrah
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Seignar
xSomax
152 posters

PvP tales!

Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

PvP tales! - Page 25 Empty Re: PvP tales!

Post by Tanklord Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:10 pm

I invaded a guy in Anor Londo last week and I went up to where the archers were and acted as a third archer twisted.
    He and his phantom took the two silver knight archers out with poison arrows. He then sent the phantom up and I killed him with a few nasty sorceries. The host summoned the same guy again twice and I killed him both times up at the ledge. I stood on the ledge to the left of the walkway and messaged the host saying "if you run past me and get to the next bf before I kill u then I'll bc out and help u through the rest of AL". He went back and summoned another phantom and sent him up to keep me busy while he proceeded to run to next bf. I made short work of the phantom and ran towards the fog gate. There was the host waiting for me instead of proceeding through the fog gate. Needless to say I killed the host twisted I won't repeat the hatemessage I received afterwards :silent:
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Still more non stop blighttown invasions. I had always been invading by the bonfire so wheh I spawned in someones world I ended up really far away, but I found a spot where you can spawn inside the domain. Anyway, I invade this one havelbro who has a BKGA and they were all the way up by the elevator walkways so I climbed up there and stopped at the platform right underneath him because I could tell he was just positioning himself for a drop attack. So I just hang around where he can't quite drop down and eventually he decides to engage. So we get down back into a really narrow area where we couldn't even pass each other and somehow he manages two backstabs even though, like I said, he couldn't even get past me in that area. So I manage to sneak away and pop a humanity over by the toxic dart spewers next to the fire keeper soul. He follows me and I manage to kill him with my Zwei and proceed to gesture at him since at that point he had snuck in 3 magic backstabs and had just been an overall ****.

Also, sooo many indictments in blighttown. And no darkmoons to halt me, blighttown is my domain now twisted
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:32 pm

I was in the Royal Wood near Arty's door waiting for some help. I found a white one and summoned him. He appeared, and I waited for more signs.

Then a red phantom came. Luckly, White was a lot closer to Red then I was. I PvP tales! - Page 25 1447589260 to White. That's my way of saying, "You duel him first." both phantoms fought each other, and then White used WoG during the fight. Apparently Red thought this was cheap, because he instantly ran towards me. I held my ground, and he came in for a hit. Naturally I defended myself. White came to my aid, and we killed him.

He chose to get ganked. PvP tales! - Page 25 3596227959
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Sounds like he panicked.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:48 pm

^ I don't think so. He spawned at entrance to Arty's area, but I on Chester's bridge. Also Red fought White for almost 10 sec. He literally ran toward me after White casted WoG.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Maybe he thought the white was too hard of a fight so he bolted for the actual target in the hopes that he could get the win?
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:15 pm

I had someone msg me he healed because I used critical hits, explaining me he wouldn't have if I didn't.
    He them proceeded to explain me how critical hits were broken and I shouldn't use it.

What I undestood was I shouldn't take the opportunity to BS him even when he offers his back, and I shouldn't take the parry if he happens to hit right in my R2....
    He won after healing several times. I enjoyed the fight anyway, but he ruined it after by messaging this chain of hatemails full of bad faith. First person ever I blocked... And believe me, I add far worse fights and opportunities to do so.

So I guess some people feel the same about WoG.
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:23 am

Invaded the forest and had the host plus his two phantoms waiting on my spawn point. I somehow managed to kill the host before getting taken down myself. Ironically, his PSN had the word "Honor" in it.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:03 am

I don't have much PvP experience, but I've been reading this post from 1 to 41 and it really sparked my memory of previews time I used to Catbro during the first month of game launch. There a few that I really loved to share.

Back in the day I was using Full Smough armor because I prefered to have heavy defence gear and didn't know better. Then again, me and my friend co-oped with him using Orn armor. But anyway, side track, the point is. I was using that armor and wielding BKH for weapon. Did a forest invasion and chased someone in Solaire cosplay to Sif gate. I tough it would be over then but he kept to the border of the boss arena to not trigger the fight. So I started fighting him, but he teached me a trick I never knew back then. Lighting spear AoE into the puddle of water around the area. We kept fighting, trying to trick the other one in getting a hit on each other. Often backing off to Artorias grave to make sure he wouldn't come for me to swap weapon and heal, just to go back to him and he would have done the same. We kept going for as long as he had flask left. Then managed to get a R2 plunge attack on him. He messaged me saying how he enjoyed our fight and it was fun to see someone fight using different weapon then just tier equipement. I've replied with the same feeling.

Later on after getting a bit more experienced and doing regular Catbro at the range of lv 120. I tried to place my white sign to be on the other end of gank or at least change the attacking style to a more defencive style. I got with someone that left a big impression on me. He kept doing funny thing like mixing armor gear and weapon while waiting for phantom and I would fallow on that for the Lolz. When we would get invaded, I barely had anything to do. That guy was a real pro to my eyes back then. He didn't do cheap move or anything. Just pure fighting and still come up on top no matter the fight. Sure I might have stress the invader of being gank but it was just him mostly. We faced pretty much all type of scenarios during that session (ex: us chasing invader across the whole map, 2v2 when we lost invader and they waited for team up, Darkwraith going for invader. ). It was really fun.

Now that I'm back again in the game I hope to try more PvP in those general way. I've tipped my toe today with my lv30 dex build using gold tracer. We bowed and had a respectable fight with him using a Lucerne too. He killed me but not before I could get a part of is life away. An other invader came right at him during my death. I hope he was able to kill him, but I did thank him via mail for my first proper match.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 am

Tchu, when was this? I often did that in the forest. Switch armors and stuff. I had some good 2v2 experience back around September.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:12 pm

It would probably be around october, since I've played none stop during those time. But even if it wasn't with you, good that you keep invited phantom entertain. Alway's fun to pass time that way until the next invasion XD.

One other thing he did that might help pin point, but then again I'm sure he's not the only one that did it. He made a round circle arena on the spot of the bandit npc. Kept trying to stay inside the circle XD.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Bingo. I know I used to do that. silly However, it might not have been me since I was gone the later part of October... but cool. We need more good hosts.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:13 pm

So I invaded in the depths and was indicted and hatemailed by someone who was fast rolling with a DSS and spamming WotG. I don't even...PvP tales! - Page 25 2707236321PvP tales! - Page 25 2707236321PvP tales! - Page 25 2707236321
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:21 am

In the Forest earlier today just killing the big cats and farming gold pine resin with my Gravelord. You know minding my own business cursing worlds and stuff. I get an invasion so I position myself on the lower bridge and wait. The DW comes down through the cat area in full Catarina armor including zweihander and makes to cross the bridge. I throw down the GLGSD but am premature so he doesn't get hit. He tries to move in for a hit or two but gets scared when I partial parry and hit him with my Gravelord sword. Next he starts with the emit force barrage. Being on the far side of the bridge by the ladder I just rolled out of all that. But he used it to get close and ended up knocking me over the edge with force......but I didn't hit the river.(lucky!) So I am still alive and cursing worlds. The guy leaves to deal with a SoV that popped up.

I just hung out to see how it all turned out. My DW kills the blue and comes down the ladder and tries to force me over the edge. Bah!I climb up the ladder and slide down on him a few times as he's trying to follow me up. On top I manage to miss the kick off the edge I wanted. In retrospect that was pretty obvious but I wanted it to work. A few more force attempts proved fruitless and I finished him with the GLS.

Still cursing worlds.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:19 pm

Spawned in the painting world as a SOV on top of the stairs where the RSS is. I made my way down and noticed the dragon was gone, so I proceeded forward. The door to Priscilla was still closed, so I went back towards the bonfire area and I spotted what looked like a Dusk cosplay or close to it with pursuers cast and waiting looking the other way. I thought about casting SMS, but decided just to cease the initiative and fired a CSS and then I... well, nothing -- she died! Must have had the Dusk Crown Ring on too. Shrug

In the forest as a scythe wielding mage against... two scythe wielding mages. I wasn't able to isolate either of them or prevent them from healing and they chased me across the bridge and to the mushroom parents. I got a heal in and we went back and forth doing damage and healing, circiling around and in between the mushrooms to keep them on their toes... nobody able to finish anyone off. Like pacman, whoever just healed is on the attack; of course, they don't have to be quite as defensive. I managed to separate from the host a little and was back-peddling with the phantom chasing(I had to dodge a few attacks and was trying to regain stamina). I see on the edge of my screen part of a number (damn, they're killing off my only allies). To be honest, it has the feeling of delaying the inevitable at this point. I take another step back and see the whole number -- it's over a thousand! I notice the Mushroom parent just landed one of his notorious right hooks. I go in to shamelessly finish my fungal friend's work, but no need... a true one-hit knockout. Well done, sir! Bow ... but wtf took you so long? Well What is it
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:31 pm

Mine isn't anything interesting but it did give me some hope for Darkwraiths.

I was creating a new build and i summoned a phantom in Anor Londo for O&S but as we were going through the level, a DW invaded and killed my phantom while i was finding good ol' Onionbro for the quest line.

Instead of mindlessly murdering me like typical DW, he allowed me to heal and we proceeded to duel. I was using nothing more than a Broadsword and i was naked but we managed to get each other really close to death. He finished me off but sent me a mail apologizing for killing me after i told him that i was going through the level. After that, he offered to help me out for the bossfight.

Later on, we became friends and had a rematch with our proper PvP builds but we still had too many close matches. It goes to show that not everyone has that idiotic mentality that they always need to always win. We had FUN.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:10 pm

Invaded in blighttown and saw the host run striaght for the bonfire for summons. They manage to summon someone right as I colse in on them and then the host backstabs me while I was momentarily fending off the summon and then he killed me when I got back up. He then went on to message me about how he only summoned because he thought I was a threat and how he " soloed " me without the summon helping. Really? Really? How do people not realize that having a second person to serve as a distraction still gives you an advantage?
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:17 pm

^^ Fully agree with you there man, it's fair game to use dirtier tactics as an invader when up against multiple opponents.

I had some nice duels today in the Dukes Archives, invaded plenty of solo players and had some good PvP, and punished several gankers/sorcery spammers too- good times!
    gmwdim
    gmwdim
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by gmwdim Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:24 pm

You know what's the best? Putting your WSS down for some jolly cooperation and getting summoned as an invader instead.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:25 pm

gmwdim wrote:You know what's the best? Putting your WSS down for some jolly cooperation and getting summoned as an invader instead.

Happen to me about 3 or so time in Burg low level. I wasn't to proud of going ahead and killing the host the first time it happen, but it was kind of a survival moment. Now I usually drop a humanity and use BSS to get out. Making me lose less brownies points for the Sun covenant PvP tales! - Page 25 639795459
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:38 pm

This little anecdote is for my buddy Hugh.

So I'm invading in the kiln with my DM+3 Lady of Darkling cosplay build while I have the darkmoon covenant ring equipped.

I get summoned to Dark Anor Londo and I see some poor sod fighting what I thought at first was a hacker because he was invisible. When I got closer I realised the host was fighting the Lady of Darkling, the very person I was cosplaying as. But the best part is that they were all the way on the other side of anor londo near the stairs leading up to the cathedral. That means they had been fighting each other all the way from the anor londo bonfire to the steps of the Cathedral.

The funniest part is that the Lady of Darkling parries and repostes him and kills him in one hit with me standing just within view watching it all take place. remember how I'm cosplaying as Lady of Darkling. The irony of owing that souvenir of reprisal to the npc i was cosplaying as was savory to a fault.

When all was said and done I got a pitance of souls, the host was like level 16 or so.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:43 pm

luvz2fight wrote:But the best part is that they were all the way on the other side of anor londo near the stairs leading up to the cathedral. That means they had been fighting each other all the way from the anor londo bonfire to the steps of the Cathedral.
    You realise that going Dark AL makes the lady camp at the stairs waiting right?
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Today karma was with me. Here the big story.

Today I'm starting my new build toward an Artorias cosplay lv120, so I'm focusing on the usual 1H claymore, getting elite K set and upgrading it as much as possible before gargoyle. So when I finally decide to start my journey, right after killing Laurec in is cell for FaP I get invaded. I want to reach the open room for a fair duel, but here come Miss witch with her DB. Barely does any damage and I just back off. Try to study her and make her waste her spell. She seam fightable, so I start to fight back. I get easy stun lock and all but dmg and stamina not good. She almost kill me with chaos scythe. I manage to back off, heal some and retry to get in. I almost had her on the 3 fight set but she got the last hit.

I don't mind losing, but I hate it when I know I'm being greifed in a way, I still mail her about the fight and how with a bit more equal ground in equipement I might have won. So the idea of going on my low lv to get summon in parish and get a chance at pay back pop in my head. Do that, no result. I scratch that, go back to my Artorias and revive, kill gargoyle, get set to kill carpa. I see sign on the bridge, so I decided to get them, mostly for them more then me.

Here where Karma pop up, I get invaded by Miss witch XD. And there 2 phantom on the way , so the first thing I do when I see her just for the fun of it no matter the consequence is do "Well, what is it". She blast one DB and I back off with about 1/100 of my health left. One of the phantom had popped and went for her. I use that time to heal up and make sure Ph stay alive while the second pop up. Then I go in the fight where we make short work of her after a few second.

I'm sure those situation happen from time to time, but it felt so good to have some revenge
    lol!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:45 pm

lol! Very good. Unfortunately, she abandons the bonfire when Anor Londo goes dark and spawns that side of the rotating staircase. But, hilarious none the less. I would kill to be able to high-5 an NPC when they get the kill as you arrive at the scene... lol!

---

Some of my exploits:

Invade (light) Anor Londo behind the royal sentinal. I go all the way to the bonfire and then forward again until I see all the silver knights in place... and back again I decide just to wait at the fog. The I get a message: "go away", I reply "why?". Finally I see a life bar, so I get to the dragon trophy room and this guy's scratching at the silver knight for low to mid double digit damage (I swear; he's slashing or poking with some tiny weapon 3 times at his shield) and then takes a back-hand swipe for like, 350. I rush in half expecting some kind trap, I cast CSM and he tries to run but takes 4-5 hits and dies before my CSS follow up can land... In review: SL 49 has enough sin to get invaded by a SL 120, but is unwilling to fight invaders into his world to the point he hides and sends messages telling them to leave. But not to the point where he will log off...??? Shrug

In the painted world I spawn on the bridge (my mistake -- I really ought not do that). I run up the hill on the narrow path before the bonfire and I think I even had my shield up (shout out too dutchy -- I lol @ his avatar every time I see it). Literally, the first unusual thing I see is my lifebar turning that yellow-orange color that shows your taking damage and I see some elf ear mage come out of chameleon from behind/beside me and... I'm just dead. I couldn't tell you what hit me. I didn't see pursuers already cast, didn't see or hear anything else cast -- just, *snap* dead/mage appears.

Skip ahead 5 or 10 minutes and I notice I've invaded the same... ... :silent: ... ahh, world -- we'll go with that. I'm up on the harpie steps this time and make my way all the way to the start and deduce that this... umm, master(?) of world doesn't recognize me and is using standard operating procedure. I cast CSM and SMS, and charge down the hill toward the bridge... nothing. I make my way back and get hit with pursuers (though the SMS had worn off, my crest shield saved me). Most of the soul massses land and I start spamming CSS (the... character is on the embankment and is cut off from me unless I go all the way around, anyway) trying to keep the initiative. She's rolling in place (against a hillside) dodging all of them, then finally breaks to heal and goes to duck around the hillside. Somehow my CSS actually, tracks and finds her without hitting anything else first and I get a very satisfying revenge kill. big grin

Another 5-10, another invasion and again it's the same... "host" from before. Well, I considered myself fairly lucky to not get whacked by the dark magic, even the second time when I was ready for it. Apparently, the "host" waited to hit my back the first time for my magic shield to wear off before attacking. So, I wasn't even going to bother this time. I went down where the first enemies are and shot arrows toward the "host's" hiding spot. I retreated and sent a message: "the gig's[sic]* up... ... r u fighting or not?". I tried to fire some more arrows from where the first harpie ambush is and decide I'd wait it out. I drop down by the dried finger location and I see the "host" cast power within, and stand around by the first enemy. I chill, not having any particular interest in charging at a sneaky dark magic user with power within activated. And figuring should she wonder out I could snipe her with some surprise magic of my own. twisted After power within is done, I go meet this... "host". To be honest the fight was anti-climatic, she was rolling and casting mostly, but I was able to make use of velka's rapier (my new favorite off-hand weapon) and did enough damage I was able to trade a poke for some dark bead damage, survive and collect another ear.

^^Yes, revenge is sssooooo sweet!! big grin

*I just realised while writing this it should be jig. :oops:
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am

Night before last I was invading as a DM in blighttown for a few hours when I run in on the Host and 2 phantoms bowing and gesturing to each other by the pit bonfire.
    So I walk in, being a friendly, professional deliverer of Lodran and as I'm bowing one of the phantoms with a BKGA jumps at me and knocks me down to half health! Already pretty miffed I manage to get up and roll backwards into the swamp (wearing my rusty iron ring still) and backpedal to the mosquito's, where I begin to get set upon to be ganked by all 3!

I'm wearing Ciarens armour set, Sunlight stright Sword and the Parrying dagger and just know i'm gonna last a few seconds at most so I just stand and wait for the onslaught and heal up.

It must be the luckiest day for me ever because none of them were wearing rusty iron ring so advancment to me was slow. The BKGA chap comes first and I manage to parry his first attack and riposte him. As I put my foot on his chest to kick him off the blade I noticed that the other phantom has moved behind me with his claymore and does an thrust attack. I not only manage to roll back behind him, but attack him and manage to get a lucky backstab at the same time. Switch to WOG (sorry but I was severly outnumbered) and blast twice and both phantoms die leaving just the host and myself who has closed in but is not only slowly moving through the swamp, but also poisoned and heavily armoured... Needless to say I won after a small skirmish with him, but what makes me so happy about the fight was pulling off the riposte-backwardsroll-backstab-WOG combination all in split seconds, I jumped up screaming like I'd just scored a goal and almost forgot about the host!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:40 am