Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
tinypantha
Ghadis_God
Shkar
billy_bayonet
hageshisa
Jovias-86
White Knight Wulf
TehInfamousAmos
ViralEnsign_
dancash1808
Ahhotep1
Seth Winternight
WyrmHero
DoughGuy
18 posters

Next War Beta Thread: Batle for new lands

Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Next War Beta Thread: Batle for new lands - Page 2 Empty Re: Next War Beta Thread: Batle for new lands

Post by Jovias-86 Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 am

One of the final areas is for DS... happy

Last edited by Jovias-86 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Next War Beta Thread: Batle for new lands - Page 2 Empty Re: Next War Beta Thread: Batle for new lands

Post by DoughGuy Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:07 am

No spoilers Jov!
    Jovias-86
    Jovias-86
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jovias-86 Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:09 am

Made a correction winking
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:15 am

thanks.
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:15 am

DoughGuy wrote:1. You should let the LH decide if they want to fight or not.

Thank you for pointing this out Dough! I believe it's not up to one grumpy leader to decide if 30 other people should have fun..
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:15 am

Oh wait I forgot I'm the only one who's only participating in 1 user cov...
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:55 pm

ha grumpy leader
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:27 pm

LOL
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:31 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Hmmm, I'd rather get everyone in though Wolf. This is my Magnum Opus!
    Anyway here's a list of who controls what atm.
    NK - Archives
    GS - ToG
    DS - New Londo
    LH - PW
    CGS + TGoO - Oolacile
    Followers - Izalith
    And I think'd be cool to give each area a bonus. Now obviously that would require a lot of effort to keep them all balanced so it may not ever go into practice, but anyone have ideas for the bonuses?

I could think of lore reasons to make each area be worth a set number of "bonus" points easily. Unique bonuses is a tad bit harder.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:42 pm

hageshisa wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:1. You should let the LH decide if they want to fight or not.

Thank you for pointing this out Dough! I believe it's not up to one grumpy leader to decide if 30 other people should have fun..

The LH is no longer a democracy. Decisions are made only between the Hand and the CMs.
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:42 pm

LH was never a democracy?
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:25 pm

This should be fun, plenty of new noobs to ravage. Nov. 23 is a bit late though, shouldn't we be destroying the complete amateurs on like, the first week of November or something?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Wait a second. have I been misinformed all this time! I thought wars were about fun but the way its being talked about points that count for nothing are the most important thing!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Of course dan, e-peen waving contests are much more important than actually having fun! We need to show off the biggest number and brag about spending the most time playing! So pull a 48 hour marathon so you can brag about "winning"!

In all seriousness though, I think there should be a points cap, but a high one, so that a covenant has a maximum number of points they can score without some people going insane over it then bragging that they won.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Right, bonuses for each area. Tell what you think and if some are OP.
    Archives - The Tactician's Eye: Using the book's of the archives to study the tactics of war, the owner of the archives has great military knowledge. Once per war they may declare an hour of game time in which their side scores double points.
    ToG - The Grave Tunnels: The dead have tunnels everywhere. They can travel underground, faster than any army. Each member of a covenant who owns the ToG may choose to start the war an hour early go finish an hour later.
    Oolacile - The touch of the abyss. All of us have a dark side. Once per war the owner of Oolacile may delcare an enemy covenant. For 1 hour all the points the enemy scores count for Oolacile. (Please be sportsman like about this. Don't log off or ignore it)
    New Londo - Hated Enemy: There are foes that are so despicable, your men will fight harder to kill them. Once per war you may designate a 12 hour period. In this period anyone from an enemy covenant you kill is worth 1 extra point.
    I did have one fo rizalith, but got it confused with the oolacile one and forgot it. Im open to suggestions.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:This should be fun, plenty of new noobs to ravage. Nov. 23 is a bit late though, shouldn't we be destroying the complete amateurs on like, the first week of November or something?
    While that would be fun, it doesnt give anyone much time to research the area nor find out the appropriate soul level and make a build for it. And with the BB gone that will take longer. And then organising a war takes a lot of effort. 5 weeks is what Im comfortable with and I'd rather not go any shorter.

@Dan it is about fun. Which is one of my reasons for saying no to a points cap.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:38 pm

the Far East Trainers wish to enter this war, on the side of the Noble Knights. That is if they will have us a their campanions. Prostration
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:39 pm

New Londo bonus so they can score 2674 points Dough???? You crazy???
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:41 pm

it never ends with you wrym does it :/
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:42 pm

How often do we encounter people from the other covs Wyrm? And I could limit it so they have to specify an enemy cov specifically (i.e. NK, GS etc). Those are only ideas.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:53 pm

to me the special area perks are nice, and they bring a lil more to the war for past participants. some sound a lil OP though like said above
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:12 pm

The ideas are cool, the Oolacile one seems a bit unfair though. And Nov. 23 is Thanksgiving for me, I'm spending all day with my family on the 23 and going back to school on the 24th. I highly doubt many of us will build from scratch for this, and the DS 55's can invade anywhere and are built generally to be competitive with higher levels. Since you need to beat S&O to get access to the new areas, I'm suspecting SL will be 50-80 like the other Lord Areas. Thus, we could make this a SL60 or 70 war.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:23 pm

I'm afraid I can't change the date for one person. If I want to move it I have to move it a fortnight forward or back which is either too far away or too close imo.
    That level range looks good though.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:05 pm

I like this sort of area bonuses

though maybe it should be harder to steal other peoples base areas.....
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:06 pm

It will be harder. It wont be as simple as attacking an area and winning once. You'll have to win 2 or 3 times by a certain amount or fulfilling some objectives.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:25 am