Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
ROOSTER330
phantomblk
HarlotsLoki
hageshisa
Ahhotep1
lonewolf
Gilgamesh2007
Jovias-86
robsthedon
billy_bayonet
TheAshenPhantom
Darksomething56
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
DoughGuy
ViralEnsign_
Rudmed
Mr. Tart
XachAttack
ChaosMoogle
23 posters

THE OBSIDIAN KNIGHTS - The First Era *On hold (but still recruiting)*

lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

THE OBSIDIAN KNIGHTS - The First Era *On hold (but still recruiting)* - Page 5 Empty Re: THE OBSIDIAN KNIGHTS - The First Era *On hold (but still recruiting)*

Post by lonewolf Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:01 am

the area specific sounds good
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

THE OBSIDIAN KNIGHTS - The First Era *On hold (but still recruiting)* - Page 5 Empty Re: THE OBSIDIAN KNIGHTS - The First Era *On hold (but still recruiting)*

Post by XachAttack Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:54 am

ChaosMoogle wrote:
    XachAttack wrote:Welp..I've changed my mind. I'de like to try this out.

I'm not really into Invasions, but I can place a red sign in any of the designated areas.

About the armor restrictions, my main character uses the leggings of the Giants armor because it matches the rest of his outfit. Is that acceptable, or should I find some new pants for him when participating in Covenant activities?

happy Awesome! You were one of the first interested in this before it was a covenant-proper, so this makes me happy! I have to be stickler for the rules regarding Giants though silly Caterina Leggings look pretty similar, would that work?

Alright, I was just confirming if having 1 piece of the armor was acceptable or not. I'll pop on the Cleric leggings, baggy pants! I guess I'll make a lvl 65 carbon copy of my main guy for invasions to try them out again.

Look forward to working with you guys and gals, my PSN is in my Signature.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:14 am

lonewolf wrote:the area specific sounds good

I agree
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:24 am

Two things....

I oddly find myself drawn to this thread....im always checking out how things are going....

and

@ Ashen I had the same avatar as you a while back I have an edited image with a black background which doesnt show the pixels as much as yours. I can upload it if you want to use that one.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:44 am

Viral...you know what you want to do, with that Dragon Cultist of yours silly

OK guys, I'll work on the area specific guide later today for y'all. Maximum SL cap will now be 120, though obviously for the purpose of invasions you will probably want to stay lower than that. I would honestly recommend (if you can afford the slots!) having 2 toons for the covenant; 1 for in invading and 1 at either SL100 for duelling/tournaments, or sl120 for the same if you are not interested in participating in arena events or don't have the DLC. I've just had to go into my Cloud Gaming slots silly

Lastly, I'm changing the Spell List ever so slightly....post to follow happy
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:00 am

Morning all! It's a chilly 6.30am as I bring you a few 'executive' changes to the spell list. We'll start with miracles

Miracles
    The way I see the faith class being most effective in the Covenant is in full-fulling the Saboteur/Synergist roles; debilitating your opponent, or enhancing yourself. To this end, I'm adding Magic Barrier and Great Magic Barrier. I considered only adding GMB, to give exclusivity of the spell to people going the faith route, but given the now oh so popular Dark Bead and Pursuers I gathered there might be some of you who would wish to sacrifice something to pick up MB on a non-caster build, which seems fine with me.

Sorceries
    In contrast, Sorcery is most effectively used as a damage dealing class, and to this end I'm adding just the basic Soul Spear to give the mage class some clout and make levelling Intelligence more viable. I'm also considering adding Great Magic Weapon for you min-maxers out there, but I would like your thoughts on this happy

Pyromancy

Only one change here; Chaos Storm. This will be limited to invasions, to help you deal with those ganking situations. Pyromancy is a largely 'something for nothing' class, so I chose Chaos Firestorm as that way if you want it, you pay for it with Humanity and 2 Attunement Slots silly

Last edited by ChaosMoogle on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:19 pm

The changes to the spells list sound fine to me. I've never used Int stuff, so I can't really give any input on that.

So now that I'm officially part of this group here, what now o.O? Do I just..start with the activities? This is my very first covenant I've joined, so I have no idea what steps to take lol.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:59 pm

XachAttack wrote:The changes to the spells list sound fine to me. I've never used Int stuff, so I can't really give any input on that.

So now that I'm officially part of this group here, what now o.O? Do I just..start with the activities? This is my very first covenant I've joined, so I have no idea what steps to take lol.

silly

Make your builds, get used with them, start invading, contact the other members of your faction and see if they fancy some duels, consider ranking up (though I still have to appoint a faction leader for PS3) things like this. With only 4 members in the PSN section, I can't arrange anything official such as a tournament, as for proper brackets you need really need at least 8 or there would only be 2 rounds. I can arrange some informal meets if you like though?

It's just a bit of a waiting game just now I'm afraid, until more people sign up sad
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 pm

ChaosMoogle wrote:
    XachAttack wrote:The changes to the spells list sound fine to me. I've never used Int stuff, so I can't really give any input on that.

:P

Make your builds, get used with them, start invading, contact the other members of your faction and see if they fancy some duels, consider ranking up (though I still have to appoint a faction leader for PS3) things like this. With only 4 members in the PSN section, I can't arrange anything official such as a tournament, as for proper brackets you need really need at least 8 or there would only be 2 rounds. I can arrange some informal meets if you like though?

It's just a bit of a waiting game just now I'm afraid, until more people sign up :(

Well alright then, I'll get on that sometime.

About the meetings, that's your call, but it might be good to try out to get a bit more organized.

This game of waiting shall be one that we win :P.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Are you guys good guys or bad guys?
    HarlotsLoki
    HarlotsLoki

Post by HarlotsLoki Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:06 pm

The difference between Gods and Daemons largely depends on where one is standing at the time

It's all relative.

We have our own code of honour, we revere and make offerings of our enemies to a fallen dragon. We bow before none of the false gods or their worshipers.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:19 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Are you guys good guys or bad guys?

Well they are trying to spread calamity.

It works kind of like my covenant...we are good guys....just as long as you aren't our target.
    Darksomething56
    Darksomething56
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Darksomething56 Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:58 pm

hmm isn't good or bad based on point of view? that must mean we are bad or have a agenda completely different from most covenants ( unless if their killing in the name of their god who's a dragon)
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Ugh....im not one for codes of honour...too constricting.

In anycase im still in the grey about you guys
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:18 am

Good... Bad... I'm the guy with big *** sword.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:19 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Are you guys good guys or bad guys?

What my fellow Knights said! In the grand hierarchy of things we would fall somewhere between Lawful and Chaotic Good happy
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Lol Nice.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:31 pm

I am honored to announce that The Obsidian Knights and

The Exiled of Ariamis have established a Loyal and True Alliance!!

ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:15 pm

So, we are aware of the situation that would occur if the Obsidian Knights were directly involved in a war; the Alliance of the Darkstalkers and the Exiled, which I know a lot of you weren't happy with, would be drawn in as well.

To circumvent this, we have agreed on a caveat - Our alliance will only match, member for member, the numbers of the opponent in a War situation, if numbers are an issue happy
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Ok you PSN lot, it's time to appoint a faction leader happy

If you'd be interested please PM, giving me a rough idea of what you could bring to the table time-wise and in general.

You wouldn't need to donate a lot of time, but you would need to be free to spend some time with members either duelling/training, giving advice on builds etc if needed. As I'm on Xbox, the responsibility of 'testing' members if they wished to rank up would also fall on you, as would the responsibility of maintaining relations with the PSN faction leaders of our allies during alliance events. You would also be expected to be active within the forums, and certainly within the covenant threads and preferably be able to to attend the majority of covenant events.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:46 pm

Well played good Chaos well played indeed!
    phantomblk
    phantomblk
    Regular
    Regular

Post by phantomblk Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:49 am

This covenant sound really interesting. Any chance I could join this covenant? I find the timing most fortuitous considering I'm currently making a build that matches the guidelines perfectly.
    ROOSTER330
    ROOSTER330
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by ROOSTER330 Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:05 am

OBSIDIAN KNIGHTS! Its extremely late, as the sign up for this tournament expires today (well tomorrow morning), however I would like to extend an invite regardless! The SL is 99 and more details are available on the First Post of the tournament thread: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t12452-small-cov-s-unite-for-tournament-war
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Viral - Why thank you, good sir silly

Phantomblk - I sent you a Private Message, you're very welcome to join us happy

Rooster - I'll check it out just now, thanks for the invite! Knights, please also check it out.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:26 pm

FINAL CALL FOR PSN FACTION LEADER happy WILL CLOSE APPLICATIONS AT 12AM, GMT

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:39 am