Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Onion Knight
cloudyeki
Wade_Wilson
GkMrBane
bloodpixel
RANT
Deathsitexxi
FruitPunchNinja
12 posters

DmC demo(thoughts)

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

DmC demo(thoughts)  - Page 2 Empty Re: DmC demo(thoughts)

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Ok.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Sorry if I come off as rude, but I just HATE seeing one of my favourite game series get b*stardized like this, all in the sake of commercial interest. It'd be like Bamco taking the soul series, giving it to Bioware, and making it appeal to the cod crowd.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:14 pm

Well, you haven't played it. The only major changes are certain plot points, and the art style. The gameplay is extremely similar, if you liked old DMC games i don't see how you would dislike the gameplay. I can understand not liking the new art direction/story, but the gameplay is solid.

I'm a big fan of Bayonetta(have you played that?you should), and the gameplay feels like a mix between classic DMC and Bayonetta(which was fairly similar to DMC to begin with). I went in skeptical, but not cynical, and loved it. I think you should at least play the demo with an open mind, also unlock son of sparda it's easy and adds new more difficult enemies. I guess the full game has the even harder dante must die mode, and a mode where you can kill enemies in 1hit but they kill you in 1hit which seems fun as hell. Not sure how it works on bosses though.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7WvXYnDdnR4
    lol
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:44 pm

That wasn't the hardest difficulty, mobs were missing. That is why it is 20sec long happy I'm guessing that was the easiest difficulty.

Yea, without a doubt that is the easiest difficulty. There are normally more of those mobs, and how fast he killed them is impossible to do in SOS mode.

Good try though.

EDIT:acutually the other video he has uploaded is on SOS, and he scores SSS. I'm guessing the reason the videos are so short is becuase he gets hit and his rank drops to C happy. Maybe not though, he certainly isn't a noob. Keep in mind that the demo takes place in the first chapter of the game, which have already been said to be a great deal easier then the rest of the game. Also son of sparda actually isn't the hardest difficulty. It just is for the demo.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Imho dmc has been dead since the third one which was the last j played and it was just boring, the first one was awesome but like gta, it's get boring when they don't do anything major to make it fun.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:44 pm

RantFromRant wrote:Imho dmc has been dead since the third one which was the last j played and it was just boring, the first one was awesome but like gta, it's get boring when they don't do anything major to make it fun.

That's funny, because DMC4 was great and sold the most out of all the DMCs. And why should they take the great gameplay and water it down for the sake of "change"?

Also, this video sums up Donte May Cry. Getting to SSS with one hit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WvXYnDdnR4

Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:Imho dmc has been dead since the third one which was the last j played and it was just boring, the first one was awesome but like gta, it's get boring when they don't do anything major to make it fun.

That's funny, because DMC4 was great and sold the most out of all the DMCs. And why should they take the great gameplay and water it down for the sake of "change"?

Also, this video sums up Donte May Cry. Getting to SSS with one hit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WvXYnDdnR4

DmC demo(thoughts)  - Page 2 Tumblr_lygi17lo8e1r0npxzo1_400
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:48 pm

First of all I never even mentioned the new one which you clearly stated that you don like. And that is my opinion how they never did anything new that really impacted the gameplay after the first one.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:53 pm

RantFromRant wrote:First of all I never even mentioned the new one which you clearly stated that you don like. And that is my opinion how they never did anything new that really impacted the gameplay after the first one.

They never needed to change the gameplay. It was already perfect, switching to Nero was IMO a big enough change.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItWpNsZgJRA&feature=plcp

same uploader, proof he wasn't playing on SOS. This vid is him actually him playing on SOS, notice how the red shield enemy spawns after he kills the first 3 mobs(which btw are the first 3 mobs you fight in the game im pretty sure). This is why he cut the other video so short, cause it would prove he wasn't playing on SOS if that enemy didn't spawn happy

i would like to add, he pulls off some sick combos. He is not a noob by any means, i'm sure he has high ranked DMC3 on Dante must die. Which by the way is in this game too, it just isn't in the demo.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:02 pm

So you would pay for a new game that's basically just an expansion pack instead of getting another game that's actually tryin g to do something different and fun? That's actually what I think is wrong with the majority of the people that buy games.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:05 pm

RantFromRant wrote:So you would pay for a new game that's basically just an expansion pack instead of getting another game that's actually tryin g to do something different and fun? That's actually what I think is wrong with the majority of the people that buy games.

DMC4 is continuing the story and offers a new character to play as. That's hardly "expansion pack" levels of new content. Well worth the full price.

Also, you're implying difference is always good and/or fun. As I said before, if the Souls series turned into a Bioware *** buttlovin' simulator then that would be seven shades of bad.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:35 pm

I didn't really like it. Now, gameplay wise it seems fine as a spectacle fighter. I'm not really into the genre so that is the biggest reason I didn't enjoy playing it. I can recognize a level of difficulty and challenge on the higher settings and some of the art is interesting, but the story and acting are a huge turn off for me. While I dislike the music choices also, I actually enjoyed that a bit due to how it seemed kind of comical how over the top it was.

It seems like a decent game, but just not one for me.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Dmc has always been a pure gameplay game, the story the acting and the story in allow them has been mediocre at best and really corny which I get but you can only play so much of the same thing.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:18 pm

Well there is a reason I skip every other Mario Game. I played New Super Mario Bros and enjoyed it, but I'm skipping the Wii-U version. Then when the next one comes out I'll pick it up. I think it helps keep the games fresh to me, though even Mario does switch up a formula a bit between Super Mario 64, Sunshine, then Galaxy.

I think what may help the DMC game is enemy variety, which in demos you often don't find. So perhaps in the full game you'll see a lot more variety with ways to cause combos to require greater management while also forcing you to really pay attention to positioning.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Lol I do the same thing, I ought the first one which I enjoyed a lot and the other two I just rented, beat them once and returned them. I do that with most games.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:20 am

It's just as I feared, once your enemies are in the air they're helpless. It's trivial to get out of the enemies anti-air range and once you're up there nothing will stop you unless you screw up the controls. True, on Sons of Sparda mode they can block high time and demon pull but the Arbiter makes quick work of breaking their guards. Admittedly, it was pretty fun seeing how high you can go but that gets boring fast. In fact the enemies that gave me the most trouble are the flying enemies because they could actually fight back.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:14 pm

Well they are literally the first enemies in the game you will fight, and quite a few game journalist who got to play much further into the game said that the game is far more difficult once you get past the first few starting areas. They are basically just for people to get used to the new control scheme.

Also son of sparda is not the hardest difficulty, there will be dante must die and another one where you can die in one hit but you can also kill enemies very quickly. Not saying this is going to be the best DMC game(will still be a lot be much better then 2 though), but i think a lot of fans are forcing themselves to hate it do to the new design for dante(which i'm not too fond of either).

It has its faults, but i think once the full game is out and you guys see more about it then you might be more willing to give it a chance.
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:26 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Well they are literally the first enemies in the game you will fight, and quite a few game journalist who got to play much further into the game said that the game is far more difficult once you get past the first few starting areas. They are basically just for people to get used to the new control scheme.

Also son of sparda is not the hardest difficulty, there will be dante must die and another one where you can die in one hit but you can also kill enemies very quickly. Not saying this is going to be the best DMC game(will still be a lot be much better then 2 though), but i think a lot of fans are forcing themselves to hate it do to the new design for dante(which i'm not too fond of either).

It has its faults, but i think once the full game is out and you guys see more about it then you might be more willing to give it a chance.

The design of Tamee- sorry, Dante is a reason yes, but its also to do with the fact that... well, it's just not as CUHRAYZEE as Devil May Cry should be. Devil May Cry was never a 2deep4u anti government story driven game, it was about Dante being a carefree badass, eatin' pizza and getting stylish!

It's also saddening because this whole thing reflects upon the crappy state of the video game industry. Capcom don't care about the old devil may cry fans: no, they just want to ride the banknote tsunami off the current gen of "gamers". Old Dante will be forgotten... and that's what makes me sad. I wouldn't give a single, solitary f*ck about the new game, except for the fact that it means we won't be getting a true devil may cry... well, ever. If the "reboot" sells well, Capcom will continue it. If it doesn't sell well, then they'll scrap devil may cry permanently. It's a game of russian roulette and every cylinder is loaded - no matter what happens, Devil may cry fans can't win.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:08 pm

I just realized, if Dante uses the stupid l2/r2, vergil probably will too. This game just became retardedly unplayable to me Prostration

This stupid control scheme! If they had included an option for the old control scheme with the grapples on O I might have considered, but with the melee split between the 2 I can't even use the combos that I used in 3 & 4 like I used to.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:06 am

I've discovered a leaked cutscene
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:58 am

Oh look, another cutscene that's needed for the plot.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:18 pm

https://i.imgur.com/ZLDnR.jpg

A friend of a friend passed this on to me
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:26 am

I'm getting my plunger ready for the sh*tstorm of the century.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:46 am