Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
FinPeku
sinspaw
Glutebrah
BeeSeaEss
lextune
WandererReece
GkMrBane
passivefamiliar
hageshisa
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Kiva the wanderer
Sentiel
Ghadis_God
Zakkia
Isirith
PlasticandRage
RANT
aprilmanha
RedderAI
23 posters

WotG Spammers

Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

WotG Spammers - Page 2 Empty Re: WotG Spammers

Post by Glutebrah Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:45 pm

sinspaw wrote:I fully disagree with many people here. How is WotG any worse than any other pvp technique? It's a cheap tactic yes but... it's a god damn powerful spell that doesn't need aiming. Why is it horrible that someone who has a faith build spams the best and easiest spell with such build? That's like saying you shouldn't use chaos fire ball or firestorm type pyromancies just because they're too powerful. The reason I think people feel bad towards WotG is because the other skills are unbelievely hard to aim and hit through this dire p2p connection. Since WotG needs no aiming... people complain. If you got a sunlight spear spammer that worked (i.e. none of this insane lag), you wouldn't give two **** about WotG being what it is. Plus, it has limited usage...

But really, if you don't want to get WotG spammers, well, don't pvp then.

Any time there is a spell that requires zero skill to use. And requires skill, perfect timing/ lag on your side to counter, it will be complained about as cheap. If it was as easy to avoid as it was to spam there would be no issue.

I don't have an issue with it except the dead angle ones, I hate those lol. But what can ya do.

Chaos fireball takes a lot of skill to manually aim and hit your opponent, dodging it us super easy, so it isn't an unbalanced spell in the casters favor. Get what I'm saying?? That's why people complain.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:26 pm

A wise man once said, "People complain because they lose."

Everyone that complains about Dark Souls in general complain because they can't beat the game.

People that complain about parries complain because they get parried and / or can't parry.

People that complain about backstabs complain because they get backstabed and / or can't backstab.

People that complain about Wrath of God complain because they can't dodge it and / or can't use it.

People that complain about pursuers complain because they can't dodge it and / or can't use it.

Now a personal example:

I used to complain about elemental weapons because they do more damage at minimum stats then my normal +15 at max stats 40 points. Then I stoped complaining because I got a weapon buff that makes my weapon do more damage then an elemental weapon.

See the point.

Last edited by WandererReece on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:42 pm

meh, people complain about pursuers and backstabs because of bad lag which you cant do anything about but it still annoying as hell.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:49 pm

WandererReece wrote:I used to complain about elemental weapons because they do more damage at minimum stats then my normal +15 at max stats. Then I stoped complaining because I got a weapon buff that makes my weapon do more damage then an elemental weapon.
    I don't think there is any elemental weapon that would do more damage than +15 at max stats.

But I agree that people often complain when they haven't yet learned how to counter something. Lag is always an issue though, like Rant said.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:13 pm

FinPeku wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:I used to complain about elemental weapons because they do more damage at minimum stats then my normal +15 at max stats.
    I don't think there is any elemental weapon that would do more damage than +15 at max stats.

When I wrote "max stats" I actually meant "40, the point before deminishing returns." I'm sorry about the confusion.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:12 pm

FinPeku wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:I used to complain about elemental weapons because they do more damage at minimum stats then my normal +15 at max stats. Then I stoped complaining because I got a weapon buff that makes my weapon do more damage then an elemental weapon.

But I agree that people often complain when they haven't yet learned how to counter something. Lag is always an issue though, like Rant said.

Elemental weapons used to do more or was very very close the difference was negligible. You have to remeber they were nerfed twice so far on both patches.

Also while there are people that complain about anything they lose to, you have to look past the whining. people don't complain about lossing melee fights. The reason i think people complain about WoG so much is as follows.

How hard is it to Spam cast it? not hard at all, in fact takes no skill, just button mashing.

How hard is it to roll dodge it? not that hard, but more difficult then the person casting it.

what is the risk/reward for dodging WoG? if lag is slightly off you take massive damage. if there is no lag, you simply dodge the attack.

the person Casting WoG has no risk in spamming it, except maybe a roll BS, but Roll BS is a risk to every attack in the game, not just WoG.

So yes you can easily Roll dodge WoG spam easily, but you are putting your self at a high risk/ zero reward situation that is all based on Lag.

and now that people learned to Dead angle WoG you cant simply block it with Crest shield any more.

At the end of the day it all comes down to lag, if lag was perfect this game would be perfect.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:21 pm

sinspaw wrote:I fully disagree with many people here. How is WotG any worse than any other pvp technique? It's a cheap tactic yes but... it's a god damn powerful spell that doesn't need aiming. Why is it horrible that someone who has a faith build spams the best and easiest spell with such build? That's like saying you shouldn't use chaos fire ball or firestorm type pyromancies just because they're too powerful. The reason I think people feel bad towards WotG is because the other skills are unbelievely hard to aim and hit through this dire p2p connection. Since WotG needs no aiming... people complain. If you got a sunlight spear spammer that worked (i.e. none of this insane lag), you wouldn't give two **** about WotG being what it is. Plus, it has limited usage...

But really, if you don't want to get WotG spammers, well, don't pvp then.

I started this thread to ask how to counter it. I'm not merely complaining for the hell of it. It's a cheap tactic in my eyes but people may think my tactics are cheap too. I really don't give a flying *** if people do but all I want to know is how to deal with it.

In all honesty it's the lag that *** me over. Spears, WotG, sorceries, anything can be dealt with efficiently if you know how too. This thread was for knowledge of such tactics.

Knowledge is power!!!
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:05 pm

Glutebrah wrote:Also while there are people that complain about anything they lose to, you have to look past the whining. people don't complain about lossing melee fights.
    I've read numerous complaints about backstabs, parries (mostly parry spamming), and stunlocking. Are those not part of melee fights? But yeah, i get what you're saying. This reminds me of the "does dark souls require much skill" thread and many people pointed it out, that with certain tactics you can get an unfair advantage over your opponent with little to no risk at all. I guess wog spamming is one of them.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Nobody has yet mentioned the fact that it gets miracle resonance. Nor the fact that it can stun lock you at 45 dex.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:44 pm

FinPeku wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:Also while there are people that complain about anything they lose to, you have to look past the whining. people don't complain about lossing melee fights.
    I've read numerous complaints about backstabs, parries (mostly parry spamming), and stunlocking. Are those not part of melee fights? But yeah, i get what you're saying. This reminds me of the "does dark souls require much skill" thread and many people pointed it out, that with certain tactics you can get an unfair advantage over your opponent with little to no risk at all. I guess wog spamming is one of them.

i ment more like look past the whining to see if there is anything to it besides whining. people will always whine just to whine because they can't handle losing, But some spells and tatics require far less risk to the reward, and those i can at least understand the whining.

yea that thread does dak souls take skills is a perfect example. you can win majoirty of your fights by WoG spamming, that takes zero skill, but the people you lose to, that takes alot of skill.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:19 pm

RedderAI wrote:I started this thread to ask how to counter it.

Ask and you shall receive after we finally remember what the question was.

http://mmdks.com/cv7

This will give you the most magic defense in the game! There is no outfit that will give you more, not even Havel's Armor or Stone Armor.

Havel's Shield is the only shield that has a better magic defense. The Stone Greatshield's magic defense is the same as the Crest Shield.

The minimum faith requirement for the Great Magic Barrier is 24. Canvas is the best talisman at that faith level.

This will help you survive the WoG, but the best way is to dodge.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:07 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=330828407761768440

heres my variant on your build reece, it even has dark bead and slb for the mace.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:29 am

WandererReece wrote:
    RedderAI wrote:I started this thread to ask how to counter it.

Ask and you shall receive after we finally remember what the question was.

http://mmdks.com/cv7

This will give you the most magic defense in the game! There is no outfit that will give you more, not even Havel's Armor or Stone Armor.

Havel's Shield is the only shield that has a better magic defense. The Stone Greatshield's magic defense is the same as the Crest Shield.

The minimum faith requirement for the Great Magic Barrier is 24. Canvas is the best talisman at that faith level.

This will help you survive the WoG, but the best way is to dodge.

Build needs more 99 humanity and less stone plate ring

Also, every tactic for countering seems to have been mentioned outside of one. Use Wotg yourself! Wotg spammers seem to be bad at dodging the spell themselves. I had one guy invade my ng8 24 wotg cast pve build. He spammed about 9 nearly killing me. After that, it was back to a wall and go to town! He was killed in seconds.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:19 pm

WandererReece wrote:http://mmdks.com/cv7
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=330828407761768440

heres my variant on your build reece, it even has dark bead and slb for the mace.
    lordgodofhell wrote:Build needs more 99 humanity and less stone plate ring

You are all missing the point. It wasn't exactly a "complete build". It was just an example build to show what the best magic defense is.

Also, I used this one because I was currently working on this build, and it already had the armor equiped. I just added the ring, shield, talisman, Great Magic Barrier, and the faith needed for GMB.

Since my "example build" was soooo hard to understand, I made a nice little list.

Shield:

Crest Shield

Armor:

Big Hat

Dingy Robe

Black Sorcerer Gauntlets

Maiden Skirt

Rings:

Spell Stoneplate Ring

Spells:

Great Magic Barrier

Vow of Silence
    felclef
    felclef
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by felclef Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:57 pm

RantFromRant wrote:roll towards them and bs them then if you feel like doing something like that in return you can chain bs their *** and teach them that wog kinda sucks once you learn how to dodge it.

^
    this, although I never get successful BS because a weird BTTZZZ sound and no damage. Same stuff that happens when you are swinging any arc attack and the BS does no damage.

Best thing to do? For now I guess it is like a nemesis to me too...

But it get worse when they deadangle this spell...
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm

I feel your pain OP. These people really annoy me. Their no fun to fight at all. Like everyone else has said, just roll bs them. It takes some practice but it's a pretty easy roll bs to pull off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:04 am