Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 8 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Serious_Much Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:08 pm

This talk of inter covenant duelling.... No.

Already have from trying to screw up the nature of pvp with the arena, don't want any further *** ups ta winking

Seriously, it should stay every man for himself killing for the hell of it, not bragging rights
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:14 pm

It should be more clearly defined when you are receiving sin and players should be able to track their sin.

Also, Darkmoons should be able to better track players in other worlds with high sin/online. The book of the guilty should be able to function as a seeker book for them, showing who is online, and where they are.

These two things would make it so that it would be easier to avoid garnering sin, and when you did, for obvious reasons like invading, you actually felt that there was a penalty, that you began to be actively hunted. Unlike how it is now where you can invade with impunity with little fear of darkmoon blades.

This would better boost the self-policing system of players, rather than needing to add more risk to invading, or try to patch out griefers.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:It should be more clearly defined when you are receiving sin and players should be able to track their sin.

Also, Darkmoons should be able to better track players in other worlds with high sin/online. The book of the guilty should be able to function as a seeker book for them, showing who is online, and where they are.

These two things would make it so that it would be easier to avoid garnering sin, and when you did, for obvious reasons like invading, you actually felt that there was a penalty, that you began to be actively hunted. Unlike how it is now where you can invade with impunity with little fear of darkmoon blades.

This would better boost the self-policing system of players, rather than needing to add more risk to invading, or try to patch out griefers.
    i can dig it
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:22 pm

mr_no_face wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:It should be more clearly defined when you are receiving sin and players should be able to track their sin.

i can dig it

Then low level griefers would find themselves getting stomped by high level darkmoons if they sit around in an area too long.

Also Dark moons should be able to invade the worlds of players invaded by darkwraiths in order to aid the host.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 pm

not if soul level doesn't permit ... and honestly who would wrack up enough sin to be noticed at a low level lol ... OH IMA GO KILL ERRBODY AT THE FIRELINK SHRINE DERP
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:27 pm

mr_no_face wrote:not if soul level doesn't permit ... and honestly who would wrack up enough sin to be noticed at a low level lol ... OH IMA GO KILL ERRBODY AT THE FIRELINK SHRINE DERP

It's no harder to get sin at a low level than at a high one. I think actively stopping people from invading at a low level is silly. Just rework elemental. I have a big thread on how I would rework them.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    mr_no_face wrote:

i can dig it

Then low level griefers would find themselves getting stomped by high level darkmoons if they sit around in an area too long.

Also Dark moons should be able to invade the worlds of players invaded by darkwraiths in order to aid the host.

But that's already possible. The problem is that it only happens if the host is a sinner too. The truth is that Darkmoons are no "helpers". They just are there to kill supposedly evil people, they are assasins, and as such, you should not expect honor from them. I'm saying this from the lore perspective. Of course DMs players can be honorable.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Fewer Bonfires.
    If there is a feature to warp to different bonfires make sure all of them are in there.
    Weight limit back, the only thing I don't want from this though is to be able to pick up an item then have a message telling me I can't and then I either need to drop a lot of things or that item is lost forever.
    Random events in select areas
    I want Patches to show up in this one too
    Ability to customize items at the cost of souls
    Harder bosses
    Random mini boss fights in select areas
    If there is a safe area that we always feel content on going to ex. Firelink Shrine have some sort of boss jump you there (no cutscene) if it were to kill you and you go back to whatever bonfire you are at have it stay there
    and
    Purple Elephants

Thank you. Proper Bow
    ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:32 pm

mr_no_face wrote:easy way to stop low level invasions is make it so that you can't invade until you reach a certain point
    Good point. Say, level 40?
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:34 pm

i think either a soul level around 30 or until they beat a certain boss thus proving they are ready
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:34 pm

ChizFreak wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:
    mr_no_face wrote:

i can dig it

But that's already possible. The problem is that it only happens if the host is a sinner too. The truth is that Darkmoons are no "helpers". They just are there to kill supposedly evil people, they are assasins, and as such, you should not expect honor from them. I'm saying this from the lore perspective. Of course DMs players can be honorable.

But my point isn't that they should be honorable, but they should more effectively kill sinners. Making sin more clearly trackable and explained would allow players to actively avoid getting sin in order to avoid the more effective darkmoons.

This would give a greater sense of consequence to sin.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:35 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:
    mr_no_face wrote:not if soul level doesn't permit ... and honestly who would wrack up enough sin to be noticed at a low level lol ... OH IMA GO KILL ERRBODY AT THE FIRELINK SHRINE DERP

It's no harder to get sin at a low level than at a high one. I think actively stopping people from invading at a low level is silly. Just rework elemental. I have a big thread on how I would rework them.

at a low level you can't possibly kill everyone in the firelink shrine without a lot of patience lol and you can't access nearly any amount of the world to commit sin at a low level much less invade enough
    ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:42 pm

mr_no_face wrote:i think either a soul level around 30 or until they beat a certain boss thus proving they are ready
    Yeah, that makes sense. Perhaps an optional boss.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:52 pm

if it were optional then no one would fight it if they didn't want to mess with invaders
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:56 pm

mr_no_face wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:

at a low level you can't possibly kill everyone in the firelink shrine without a lot of patience lol and you can't access nearly any amount of the world to commit sin at a low level much less invade enough

Re-work invasions to quickly accumulate sin, so if you are a low level invader and start invading you could soon be very viable to invade by higher level darkmoons. Thus a risk for low level invaders.
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:57 pm

mr_no_face wrote:easy way to stop low level invasions is make it so that you can't invade until you reach a certain point

This is already the way the game works: there are no invasions possible while one is in the Northern Undead Asylum. I expect they'd probably do something similar in the new game.

If by reaching a certain point, however, you mean reaching a certain soul level, that would completely mess up the game for people who make low-level playthroughs: it would mean they never get invaded.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:07 pm

why is everyone using the word VIABLE >.>
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 pm

VIABLE :

• Capable of living, developing, or germinating under favorable conditions.
    • Capable of living outside the uterus. Used of a fetus or newborn.
    • Capable of success or continuing effectiveness; practicable: a viable plan; a viable national economy. See synonyms at possible. can we use a different word now

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/viable#ixzz2EhIv0sU1
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:14 pm

I think Invasions work just fine how they are .
    You can only Invade those close to your Level and above .

Honestly i think Darkmoons are useless, the only thing they got going for them is a Buff and being able to Invade any Soul level providing they have this vague "Sin" .
    I just dont see the Point of them Coffee!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 pm

OmarTheFuzzy wrote:

This is already the way the game works: there are no invasions possible while one is in the Northern Undead Asylum. I expect they'd probably do something similar in the new game.

If by reaching a certain point, however, you mean reaching a certain soul level, that would completely mess up the game for people who make low-level playthroughs: it would mean they never get invaded.

Yes but someone doing a low level playthrough clearly has skills above the average newcomer and therefore has no buisness invading/being invaded anyway. If your'e doing a low level playthrough then you should expect to be cut off from online anyway, not like anyone's going to help you fight gwyn (besides brolaire) at that level anyway.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Weight limit should only return if the item doesn't automatically drop. That is one of the reasons burden was so detested in Demon Souls. Otherwise, it would be good to adding a survivalist feeling as Dead Space did for me.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:25 pm

OH who would like to see weapons that have elemental damage such as fire BE on fire and when swun gthe flames reach out just a little bit
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:27 pm

mr_no_face wrote:OH who would like to see weapons that have elemental damage such as fire BE on fire and when swun gthe flames reach out just a little bit

This is the only way to make up for the failure that is the greatlord greatsword!
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:31 pm

i agree
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:34 pm

I feel like it would be best if they tooks the advancements in gameplay that Dark Souls made, like Covenants and weapons and what not and took the rest of it back to the Demon's Souls feel and type of hardcore difficulty....I mean I actually beat Dark Souls....not so much Demon's .....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:05 pm