Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 9 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:42 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:I feel like it would be best if they tooks the advancements in gameplay that Dark Souls made, like Covenants and weapons and what not and took the rest of it back to the Demon's Souls feel and type of hardcore difficulty....I mean I actually beat Dark Souls....not so much Demon's .....
    I don't think dark souls is easier than demons it's, just that a lot of what killed you in DS tended to be things that you wouldn't have known without having already died to it. And neither game is really that hard once you get the hang of them. After a while most of your deaths are probably caused by silly mistakes rather than an enemy or boss being too hard.
    Reyl
    Reyl

Post by Reyl Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 pm

I want to see cannons and ships!

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 9 Pirate-ship
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 pm

i want to see weapons like no other that very specifically identify one as being in a covenant when they flash the mysterious deadly shiny toy also same goes for armor
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 pm

If you played Demons first Dark is easier and vice versa .
    They are Sequel and Original after all .

Funny thing is i still die to O&S on a regular basis silly
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Reyl wrote:I want to see cannons and ships!

Spoiler:

How about no you crazy Hollow ?
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:54 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Yes but someone doing a low level playthrough clearly has skills above the average newcomer and therefore has no buisness invading/being invaded anyway. If your'e doing a low level playthrough then you should expect to be cut off from online anyway, not like anyone's going to help you fight gwyn (besides brolaire) at that level anyway.

Some people like doing low-level co-op, and why not? It seems that eliminating the possibility of low level invasions just to avoid some griefers is throwing the baby out with the bathwater -- especially when there are other ways of addressing the low-level griefing problem (as I noted in an earlier post).
    Reyl
    Reyl

Post by Reyl Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:59 pm

They should add an item in the PSN store that allows you to change the texture of any in game item to anything you want. It should be client sided of course.. This should be added because we can't mod.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:03 pm

1- jumping and climbing things other than only ladders
    2- a larger list of weapons/armor
    3- a better filing system of weapons (like in demon's souls)
    4- changing weather
    5- swimming. With armor penalties/problems
    Reyl
    Reyl

Post by Reyl Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Acarnatia wrote:1- jumping and climbing things other than only ladders
    2- a larger list of weapons/armor
    3- a better filing system of weapons (like in demon's souls)
    4- changing weather
    5- swimming. With armor penalties/problems

Those are some seriously great ideas.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 pm

OmarTheFuzzy wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:Yes but someone doing a low level playthrough clearly has skills above the average newcomer and therefore has no buisness invading/being invaded anyway. If your'e doing a low level playthrough then you should expect to be cut off from online anyway, not like anyone's going to help you fight gwyn (besides brolaire) at that level anyway.

Some people like doing low-level co-op, and why not? It seems that eliminating the possibility of low level invasions just to avoid some griefers is throwing the baby out with the bathwater -- especially when there are other ways of addressing the low-level griefing problem (as I noted in an earlier post).

Yes but low level co-opers are usually around your skill level, invader not so much. at the very least they could make areas like the burg invasion free.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 pm

I WANT WEATHER !!!!!!!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Instead of an invasion message I want a lightning storm, now that would make for an epic clash, would it not?

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Reyl
    Reyl

Post by Reyl Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:08 pm

I want a desert location that makes the screen blurry and has huge worm enemies waiting for you in the fog..
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Ooh ooh, I just remembered something I wanted for dark souls, I know why it wasn't possible for dark souls but I want old armor and weapons to return, I'd hate to not be able to recreate the appearance of a character I spent so much time with. Hell, make it DLC, I'll pay for it, I don't care.
    ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:14 pm

mr_no_face wrote:if it were optional then no one would fight it if they didn't want to mess with invaders
    Obiviously, but thats not how I meant it. What I meant to say was that the boss would be obtional for people seeking to invade, not for people looking to avoid being invaded. I present this as an aside to a story related boss fight.
    Reyl
    Reyl

Post by Reyl Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:17 pm

I want to see bosses that take more than just hp to kill.
    Like killing the two legs of the Giant Boss (Example), then having to shoot it with a fireball in order to kill it. Idk, needs moar strategy.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:20 pm

I didn't care much about the change in weather suggestion till it was tied to the invasion idea.

I think that'd be pretty cool if instead of the onscreen message the sky went dark and it started to thunder and all. New players would be like, 'Whoa, this is scary. What's that red thing coming out of the darkness?..."
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:23 pm

ZoltarTheDestroyer wrote:What I meant to say was that the boss would be obtional for people seeking to invade, not for people looking to avoid being invaded. I present this as an aside to a story related boss fight.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but how does this solve the problem of low-level griefers? The griefer simply kills the optional boss with his ascended pyromancy flame, elemental weapon, and/or weapon buff and then goes on to grief players who don't yet have access to or knowledge about those kinds of weapons.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:28 pm

ZoltarTheDestroyer wrote:
    mr_no_face wrote:if it were optional then no one would fight it if they didn't want to mess with invaders
    Obiviously, but thats not how I meant it. What I meant to say was that the boss would be obtional for people seeking to invade, not for people looking to avoid being invaded. I present this as an aside to a story related boss fight.

Maybe make it available early on for anyone who wishes to invade/ be invaded but eventually mandatory as part of the plot, like Sif. killing that boss would add an item to your inventory that allows invasions but can't be dropped, that way by NG+ everyone would be open to invasions.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:30 pm

What if there was a covenant that low level players could join. . . which greatly lessens your chance of being invaded?

Oh wait. . .
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:32 pm

I dont get it .

Why should we protect new Players ?
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    OmarTheFuzzy wrote:

Yes but low level co-opers are usually around your skill level, invader not so much. at the very least they could make areas like the burg invasion free.

The problem, as I see it, isn't that some low-level players have more PvP skill than others: that will always be the case. Indeed, the only way to improve one's skill is to practice by fighting against invaders (or invading hosts) who are better than one is. And that will be true at any soul level, regardless of where you first allow invasions to occur. Invading players who are less skilled is not what I consider griefing, and I don't think that's usually what the term refers to on these boards.

I think when we talk about low-level griefing, we're talking about the players who take advantage of the fact that they can obtain very advanced weapons and armor at very low levels, without particularly needing much skill. For example, with the Master Key, one can have +5 Fire weapons before one defeats a single boss (and that doesn't even address the fact that griefers can be given any weapon/armor in the game by a cooperative phantom).

The problem, therefore, is neither the place nor (for the most part) the soul level where invasions first occur. Rather, it is that invasions match players on soul level alone, whereas (especially at low levels) the quality of one's weapon matters much more than one's soul level in being able to inflict and absorb damage. The way you address that is by factoring in the equipment level when you match people for PvP.

Last edited by OmarTheFuzzy on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 pm

OmarTheFuzzy wrote:

Low-level co-op has nothing to do with low-level invasions. I dont see this as a 'griefing' problem so much as a imbalance. Can you seriously make an arguement for why someone new to the game should be able to be invaded by someone who lets say has beaten the game three times and is equiped with the best armor/weapons/and spells afforded to his soul level?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:36 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:What if there was a covenant that low level players could join. . . which greatly lessens your chance of being invaded?

Oh wait. . .

Yes, too bad that the game never explains that.

ZoltarTheDestroyer wrote:
    The problem, as I see it, isn't that some low-level players have more PvP skill than others: that will always be the case. Indeed, the only way to improve one's skill is to practice by fighting against invaders (or invading hosts) who are better than one is. And that will be true at any soul level, regardless of where you first allow invasions to occur. Invading players who are less skilled is not what I consider griefing, and I don't think that's usually what the term refers to on these boards.

I think when we talk about low-level griefing, we're talking about the players who take advantage of the fact that they can obtain very advanced weapons and armor at very low levels, without particularly needing much skill. For example, with the Master Key, one can have +5 Fire weapons before one defeats a single boss (and that doesn't even address the fact that griefers can be given any weapon/armor in the game by a cooperative phantom).

The problem, therefore, is neither the place nor (for the most part) the soul level where invasions first occur. Rather, it is that invasions match players on soul level alone, whereas (especially at low levels) the quality of one's weapon matters much more than one's soul level in being able to inflict and absorb damage. The way you address that is by factoring in the equipment level when you match people for PvP.

Yeah that's true, but I still don't think it's fair for a rookie to accidentally invade a guy who has 3 games of experience and who knows how many hours.

Maybe we could combine it with the optional boss idea, kinda like the old monk. In order to invade/ be invaded yuo'd have to defeat another player who's currently playing as that boss. Beating that other player would prove you're ready for PVP.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:40 pm

I've got something else to throw in here.

I want something like a playercard that's attached to each toon.

Basically it would give a rundown of things like playtime, wins and losses, covenant, stats.

But the trick is you can only access this information from the main menu.

Just a thought.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:19 am