Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Solid Knight
    Solid Knight

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 17 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Solid Knight Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:39 am

Weapon upgrade paths should slightly alter the appearance of said weapon: soft glowing orange for fire, soft glowing blue for magic, soft glowing white for divine, soft glowing black for occult, and soft glowing yellow for lightning.

I thought it'd be cool to have a trap spell but then I realized it'd just be used to murder invaders by gank squads.

Ability to color match gear (or have some predefined color options for matching purposes).

Free aim crossbows.

Free aim magic.

Free aim bow with small cursor in third person.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:14 am

Im just happy they decided to make another souls game.big grin
    exod FEAR
    exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exod FEAR Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:45 pm

ZoltarTheDestroyer wrote:
    OmarTheFuzzy wrote:I feel that there's a bit of a false dichotomy developing here between "questing" and "invading." I would argue that an integral part of questing is having to deal with the occasional invader. (Of course, if a player really doesn't want to be invaded while questing, he or she can either play as a hollow, or simply play offline and summon NPC phantoms if one needs help with bosses.)

With respect to certain aspects of the quest, such as when a player trespasses in Alvina's forest, or darkens Anor Londo, I'd say that a player is not getting the full experience of the quest unless he or she is invaded by Catbros or Darkmoons (respectively).
    I am in total agreement. Getting invaded is essential to the dark souls experience. But how hard is it to see that there are thousands of players devoted to nothing more than invading night after night- causing countless hours to be wasted, hundreds of thousands of souls to be lost- all with out ever having anything on the line themselves. Its like playing poker. When I am in human form, I am bluffing the game- basically making myself open to be called, or in this case invaded. The invaders call my bluff, and if his 'cards' are better than mine, I lose. I lose my time, I lose my souls, and I lose my progress. But if Im able to stand up to his call, and defeat him, I win... nothing. Thus only one of us are gambling i.e. taking a risk, while the other comes and go's without ever really feeling a loss. If being invaded is "part of the experience", then why cant coming back from a night of invading with less than you started out with be too?

I feel like the invasion system is already perfect. For a darkwraith to invade they must be in human form and dying puts their bloodstain at the place they invaded from. They spawn at the bonfire where they must go to reclaim their bloodstain as a HUMAN.
    they can easily be invaded by a darkmoon and lose their bloodstain. That is LITERALLY the job of darkmoons.

Now a darkwraith can only invade someone in human form. The only reason they'd be in human form (to my knowledge)is if they intend to summmon help or want to be invaded.
    They either want it, or it's an unfair fight; Advantage host.
    Other instances have put me invading SL600+ players when I was either 80 or 120. Not exactly ideal circumstances.

the ONLY change I would make is more in line with game mechanics than the current system.
    the DW killing the host leads to the host losing 1Humanity and the DW earning 1Humanity.
    When the DW is killed, a bloodstain containing 1Humanity is left behind for the host to claim, while the DW in fact suffers no immediate loss.
    I think a losing Darkwraith should remain in human form but find that their bloodstain is now 1 Humanity lighter.

fair?
    exod FEAR
    exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exod FEAR Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:52 pm

Solid Knight wrote:Weapon upgrade paths should slightly alter the appearance of said weapon: soft glowing orange for fire, soft glowing blue for magic, soft glowing white for divine, soft glowing black for occult, and soft glowing yellow for lightning.

I thought it'd be cool to have a trap spell but then I realized it'd just be used to murder invaders by gank squads.

Ability to color match gear (or have some predefined color options for matching purposes).

Free aim crossbows.

Free aim magic.

Free aim bow with small cursor in third person.

I like your idea about color matching, I hated how I couldn't wear the favor set with anything else (havel's gloves for example)
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Being able to upgrade armor in "different paths," not by ascending it witih an ember but with using different titanite to make it more resistant to something like use blue titanite to make it more resistant to magic but less resistant to physical, use green titanite for fire, white titanite for magic, etc. I think that would be coooooool
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:02 pm

exod FEAR wrote:

I feel like the invasion system is already perfect. For a darkwraith to invade they must be in human form and dying puts their bloodstain at the place they invaded from. They spawn at the bonfire where they must go to reclaim their bloodstain as a HUMAN.
    they can easily be invaded by a darkmoon and lose their bloodstain. That is LITERALLY the job of darkmoons.

Now a darkwraith can only invade someone in human form. The only reason they'd be in human form (to my knowledge)is if they intend to summmon help or want to be invaded.
    Other instances have put me invading SL600+ players when I was either 80 or 120. Not exactly ideal circumstances.

the ONLY change I would make is more in line with game mechanics than the current system.
    the DW killing the host leads to the host losing 1Humanity and the DW earning 1Humanity.
    When the DW is killed, a bloodstain containing 1Humanity is left behind for the host to claim, while the DW in fact suffers no immediate loss.
    I think a losing Darkwraith should remain in human form but find that their bloodstain is now 1 Humanity lighter.

fair?

No, I don't stay human because I want to get invaded. I stay human because I need help every now and then (and I didn't spend all that time editing my character's apearence just to see him hollow!). Manus is one of the toughest bosses in the game, and there are almost no summon signs in the dungeon, so I have to go all the way back to the township to summon some help. And almost everysingle time some invader runs in and goes straight for the elevators so that they can Wog me off. So everytime I die to Manus, I have too repeat this just to recover my stain -__-
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:09 pm

Re-posting this here, in the Wishlist thread:

I'd love to see a weapon system where for the scaling stats (faith, int, etc) there were 2 paths: 1 for more damage and 1 for small damage + a benefit.

For example, at 44 Int you could have:
    A Magic Katana that dealt 200phys + 200mag damage
    or
    An Enchanted Katana that dealth 200phys + 100mag damage and regenerated your MP at X/sec

Occult would scale well with Faith while Divine weapons would scale a little and regen HP; Quality might regen stamina or poise, etc. Yeah?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:18 pm

I think just returning the upgrade paths from both Demon's and Dark and making all of them available to all standard reinforcement weapons will be plenty-and really great.
    I also hope to see more, useful utility spells like the Oolizcile sorceries-spells not meant for combat and still useful.
    And I think it will also be really cool if they add in a spell or item that can turn you incorporeal for a time (like ghosts) and can only be hurt by cursed effects.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:55 pm

some new context sensitive animations would be really nice, like being able to kip up after being knocked down or being able to hop over low obstacles and the like. because nothing is worse than getting stuck on an obstacle that doesn't even come up past your shins.

also facial hair and tattoos.
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:21 pm

ZoltarTheDestroyer wrote:When I am in human form, I am bluffing the game- basically making myself open to be called, or in this case invaded. The invaders call my bluff, and if his 'cards' are better than mine, I lose. I lose my time, I lose my souls, and I lose my progress. But if Im able to stand up to his call, and defeat him, I win... nothing.

You don't win nothing. You win souls and humanity. I was questing last night in Duke's Archives/Crystal Caves. I made myself human, not actually because I wanted either to summon or to be invaded, but because I wanted to kindle the bonfire before going to kill Seath. Almost as soon as headed to the outdoor area where the crystal golems are, I got invaded by a DW. I don't think he was intending to duel (he didn't bow), and I wasn't intending to get invaded either. But we had a nice fight (I won, yay), and I got a nice chunk of souls and some humanity (which I promptly spent to kindle the bonfire another notch).

All in all, a great time. The invasion added an unexpected twist to the game, and would probably have been a positive addition to my experience even if I had lost. Frankly, no matter how many times you've been invaded as a quester, I think it always makes you pay more attention and be more excited -- especially when playing through an area you're pretty familiar with, which can feel a little rote.

(Completely unrelated: I finally cut off Kalameet's tail in solo melee yesterday. Woohoo! cheers)
    exod FEAR
    exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exod FEAR Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    exod FEAR wrote:

fair?

No, I don't stay human because I want to get invaded. I stay human because I need help every now and then (and I didn't spend all that time editing my character's apearence just to see him hollow!). Manus is one of the toughest bosses in the game, and there are almost no summon signs in the dungeon, so I have to go all the way back to the township to summon some help. And almost everysingle time some invader runs in and goes straight for the elevators so that they can Wog me off. So everytime I die to Manus, I have too repeat this just to recover my stain -__-

well don't say no.. I said you'd be in human form if you want to get invaded OR want help. If you're doing it because you want help then I'm right. I think it's good that the game puts the risk of getting invaded for you needing help.
    Getting help without a risk is easy mode is it not?
    I mean this is Dark Souls, it's supposed to be unforgiving. I don't see what the big deal is with invaders trying to kill you. I mean, first time I played the asylum demon killed me around 100 times, but I got better. I can't remember the last time an Invader killed me.

Last edited by exod FEAR on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:51 pm

exod FEAR wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:
    exod FEAR wrote:

fair?

well don't say no.. I said you'd be in human form if you want to get invaded OR want help. If you're doing it because you want help then I'm right. I think it's good that the game puts the risk of getting invaded for you needing help.
    I mean this is Dark Souls, it's supposed to be unforgiving. I don't see what the big deal is with invaders trying to kill you. I mean, first time I played the asylum killed me around 100 times, but I got better. I can't remember the last time an Invader killed me.

well yeah, your'e right. I just think the reward for killing an invader should be greater.
    exod FEAR
    exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exod FEAR Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    exod FEAR wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:
    exod FEAR wrote:

fair?

I mean this is Dark Souls, it's supposed to be unforgiving. I don't see what the big deal is with invaders trying to kill you. I mean, first time I played the asylum killed me around 100 times, but I got better. I can't remember the last time an Invader killed me.

well yeah, your'e right. I just think the reward for killing an invader should be greater.

i agree with that. But I dislike that it benefits gankers the most, ALMOST encouraging it.
    How about if you receive more souls but summoning phantoms means that you lose the benefit and it drops down to a lower amount of souls.
    OR if a phantom gets the kill then they get the bonus and the host gets a lower amount of souls (I actually like this idea a lot)
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:04 pm

exod FEAR wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:
    exod FEAR wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:
    exod FEAR wrote:

fair?

i agree with that. But I dislike that it benefits gankers the most, ALMOST encouraging it.
    How about if you receive more souls but summoning phantoms means that you lose the benefit and it drops down to a lower amount of souls.
    OR if a phantom gets the kill then they get the bonus and the host gets a lower amount of souls (I actually like this idea a lot)

As a forest hunter, I completely agree.

Edit: of course that'll mean that game will need to be able to recognize who got the kill. Which would be good, it would discourage summoner who make their phantoms do all the work.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:12 pm

I would not mind having the Demons Invasion System back .
    Dying from the Invorement makes you lose a SL .

What also balanced Demons "Invader vs Host" thing was that the Invader had less Health than the Host .
    You could only Invade while in Soul Form (Hollow)
    When you were in Soul Form you only had half of your Health but there was a Ring (Cling ring) that made you have 75% of your Health, however thats what i think was briliant .
    The Invader had less rings to choose from since the Cling ring was pretty much a must have while the Host was able to use 2 Rings giving him an Advantage .

Yeah, i want that being Hollow actually had a disadvantage vs being Alive aside from summoning other Players !
    ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:20 pm

OmarTheFuzzy wrote:
    ZoltarTheDestroyer wrote:When I am in human form, I am bluffing the game- basically making myself open to be called, or in this case invaded. The invaders call my bluff, and if his 'cards' are better than mine, I lose. I lose my time, I lose my souls, and I lose my progress. But if Im able to stand up to his call, and defeat him, I win... nothing.

You don't win nothing. You win souls and humanity. I was questing last night in Duke's Archives/Crystal Caves. I made myself human, not actually because I wanted either to summon or to be invaded, but because I wanted to kindle the bonfire before going to kill Seath. Almost as soon as headed to the outdoor area where the crystal golems are, I got invaded by a DW. I don't think he was intending to duel (he didn't bow), and I wasn't intending to get invaded either. But we had a nice fight (I won, yay), and I got a nice chunk of souls and some humanity (which I promptly spent to kindle the bonfire another notch).

All in all, a great time. The invasion added an unexpected twist to the game, and would probably have been a positive addition to my experience even if I had lost. Frankly, no matter how many times you've been invaded as a quester, I think it always makes you pay more attention and be more excited -- especially when playing through an area you're pretty familiar with, which can feel a little rote.

(Completely unrelated: I finally cut off Kalameet's tail in solo melee yesterday. Woohoo! cheers)
    You are either ignoring what Im saying, or you just cant understand it- Im not sure which one. Yes, you're right. You dont win "nothing". But if I stand to win nothing, why is it set up so that if Im human I am taking a gamble- even further, verus a player who himself stands to lose nothing. Its nice to hear you had an enjoyable battle- but a player with the propensity to invade saying "I dont know what you all are complaining about. I got invaded last night and it was FUN!", doesnt really form a counter arguement. You're defending this topic as if Im suggesting that invasions be taken out of the game- which Im not. Im saying, the decision to invade or not is at the descretion of the individual player, which tends to become an easy descision when there is no system to counter weigh it. All Im proposing is that an invader be punished the same way a player being invaded is punished.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Then i guess you're alone with that one Zoltar .

I for one only want my Game to be Fun not everything has to have consequences this is a Game after all .

So in all Honesty .
    Who cares ? lol

But i say :
    If Invasions are without consequences then more People will do it which means more Action and Fun big grin
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm

OmarTheFuzzy wrote:

You are either ignoring what Im saying, or you just cant understand it- Im not sure which one. Yes, you're right. You dont win "nothing". But if I stand to win nothing, why is it set up so that if Im human I am taking a gamble- even further, verus a player who himself stands to lose nothing. Its nice to hear you had an enjoyable battle- but a player with the propensity to invade saying "I dont know what you all are complaining about. I got invaded last night and it was FUN!", doesnt really form a counter arguement. You're defending this topic as if Im suggesting that invasions be taken out of the game- which Im not. Im saying, the decision to invade or not is at the descretion of the individual player, which tends to become an easy descision when there is no system to counter weigh it. All Im proposing is that an invader be punished the same way a player being invaded is punished.

Your starting with quite an offensive beginning again silly lol, well his point is that he had fun with i and was expressing his opinion on the topic. If anything really was to change when it comes to penalties, i would have to be equally balanced. Such as, losing human form if you lose, either way. That seems to be fair as well. It does not need to be extreme, just balanced my friend.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Lets just drop it .
    This wont get us anywhere anyway .

So how wabout having half Health as a Hollow ?
    Whos with me ?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Poise should be decided by total armor weight only, and not tied to individual armor pieces. The 0 poise threshold should be at about 10-15 units of weight. Weapon weight should not contribute to poise, but some large weapons should have hyper armor for certain attacks/swings.

Stamina regeneration penalty should be decided by the total equip weight, armor + weapon(s) + shield(s) (even the off-hand weapons).

DE5PA1R wrote:I'd love to see a weapon system where for the scaling stats (faith, int, etc) there were 2 paths: 1 for more damage and 1 for small damage + a benefit.
    Yeah?
    This is what the twinkling titanite upgrade should have been, added some sort of themed/lore specific scaling + special effect/move-set (stone greatsword, channelers trident, grant, sanctus, velkas rapier). Most of the twinkling upgraded weapons are there for the lore and weapon trophy, so I understand their purpose, but they should have had the other upgrade paths as well. Twinkling should just have been an additional upgrade path for a few select/unique weapons.

Marino. wrote:So how wabout having half Health as a Hollow ?
    Whos with me ?
    I actually liked that feature in demons souls (since cling ring is almost mandatory in soul form). I see no reason why wearing the cling ring shouldn't put your health back to 100%, the main point is to penalize hollows/invaders with one less ring-slot available. Hosts should have some benefits after all.
    ZoltarTheDestroyer

Post by ZoltarTheDestroyer Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:30 pm

Zakkia wrote:
    OmarTheFuzzy wrote:

Your starting with quite an offensive beginning again silly lol, well his point is that he had fun with i and was expressing his opinion on the topic. If anything really was to change when it comes to penalties, i would have to be equally balanced. Such as, losing human form if you lose, either way. That seems to be fair as well. It does not need to be extreme, just balanced my friend.
    We're all adults here, are we not? I dont see whats offensive about the word 'ignore', so lets not get carried away. And his point is obvious. Trust me, I know trying to convince you all that there should be a penalty for invading is a fruitless endeavor- but the point of a discussion board is to DISCUSS topics related to dark souls. So please stop passively under cutting my arguement by saying that Im being offensive when I have been vary polite. If you dont agree, I respect that fully. But does anyone have anything 'productive' to add?
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Zakkia wrote:
    OmarTheFuzzy wrote:

We're all adults here, are we not? I dont see whats offensive about the word 'ignore', so lets not get carried away. And his point is obvious. Trust me, I know trying to convince you all that there should be a penalty for invading is a fruitless endeavor- but the point of a discussion board is to DISCUSS topics related to dark souls. So please stop passively under cutting my arguement by saying that Im being offensive when I have been vary polite. If you dont agree, I respect that fully. But does anyone have anything 'productive' to add?

Whatever age you are, calling someone indirectly ignorant, and closed minded is an insult silly i understand it was not meant to be. and we did discuss, but your being just like us, we simply disagree on certain things that will not work. So its pretty much agree to disagree, not undercutting you my friend.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:34 pm

Zakkia wrote:
    Zakkia wrote:
    OmarTheFuzzy wrote:

Whatever age you are, calling someone indirectly ignorant, and closed minded is an insult silly i understand it was not meant to be. and we did discuss, but your being just like us, we simply disagree on certain things that will not work. So its pretty much agree to disagree, not undercutting you my friend.

He did not call you ignorant .
    He just said that you were "ignoring" his Points .
    Completely different things there .
    Zakkia
    Zakkia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zakkia Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Zakkia wrote:
    Zakkia wrote:
    OmarTheFuzzy wrote:

He did not call you ignorant .
    He just said that you were "ignoring" his Points .
    Comnpletely different things there

Marino, im defending what he said to you bro silly, he said you were ignoring his points, im not talking about myself. Lets drop it.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:39 pm

I think i can handle it Zak happy

But lets just agree to disagree, From will figure something out and we're all going to buy it anyway silly

And i dont have any dignity left to be offended by the Internet anyway big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:35 am