Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 29 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:46 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Considering that it takes 2 ring slots to do what Forum did, I wouldn't call it too easy.

If anything, I think the cut off points should have been 33% and 66%. Then those rings wouldn't be as necessary.
    What else would a melee build use? rofap instead of havels, maybe rofap+ havels. dedicated casters replace wolfs with dragon crest or first born.

Everybody is rolling defense near the diminishing returns point and all it takes is the (fairly standard) 40 end and a ring slot. If they're willing to bump end some they can hit the 76 break point with better defences.

You say it takes 2 ring slots, I say that for many/most good builds at least 1 of those rings is a given because they so greatly overshadow most everything else. Its an obvious choice.

I agree, poise and defense should be neigh impossible to get over 53 and 250 respectively, without midrolling.
    vereornox
    vereornox

Post by vereornox Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:53 pm

They have to enhance small shields, actually they are pretty useless
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:56 pm

What would they use if those rings didn't exist? Maybe the fact that they are so much better than any alternative is the problem? Tiny Beings vs FAP, it isn't even a question.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:04 pm

vereornox wrote:They have to enhance small shields, actually they are pretty useless

Doing that without adding damage reduction, please, i think that how much better medium shields are than small and big shields is one of the game flaws.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:What would they use if those rings didn't exist? Maybe the fact that they are so much better than any alternative is the problem? Tiny Beings vs FAP, it isn't even a question.

Which is also something that needs to be addressed; Tiny is 5% for one, RoFaP is 20% for three, this shouldn't be....

Personally, I want them to heavily nerf stuff so you HAVE to use a Ring slot to make your character good with that.

Purely as an example; Bleed is now 10% of health, with Priscillas stuff being 30%. You may then use a ring that gives you +20% bleed, bringing it up to the 30% and 50% it is now.

Because as it is right now, anyone with decent Dex/Str can equip the LHS and get the 50% bleed. Also, I want this system because it is my own personal wet dream to have a poison build that deals actual DPS instead of mildly inconveniencing people, so a Ring that quadrouples Poison damage would be perfect for that (Would still only be 12hp/s)
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Exactly, Defense rings... or Havels so you can wear better armor? It's a pretty clear choice. Either some rings should get a nerf or others could use a buff. If someone wants to stack rings then they need to actually give up something. There should have been a ring that boosts melee damage(without affecting backstabs) or poise/shield stamina damage. But no...
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Artorias The Abyss Walker Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:47 pm

How about NPC's that actually move and interact with the world around them.

I mean, have you noticed how every friendly NPC you come across is stationary?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:16 am

What about a defense ring that halves criticals, but also halves (or nullifies) your critical attacks, that should make a lot of players happy. winking

Rings should be a major thing and not a waste of a ring slot, like the tiny being's ring (as far as we know), a ring slot should matter more than that. The derp mask outclassed it by a huge margin.

Why have no-one made a topic about rings yet?
    messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:32 am

Nothing crazy here for an idea, but one that i would like to see at least. It regards starting classes, starting gear, and starting "race". I think it would be neat to have different starting gear for different starting class BY their respective nationalities, or race if you will. I mean, why should a Delta Farmer Warrior have the same starting gear as a shadowy curved-sword wielding madman from the East? Or one of those mysterious sorecerers from Carim have the same starting gear as a Vinheim fellow? Not really important at all, but could add some real flavor to at least the start of the game, roleplay, and replayability. One example could be that anyone from Carim (any class) would start the game with no shield, but have the parrying dagger. Could also have the Red Tearstone to start perhaps?

Perhaps even give your player a few options of starting gear, specified to class and nationality of course. Just to add some uniqueness is all. I mean, we all will likely upgrade with loot found in our travels along the way anyhow, but be pretty freaking sweet to see a bunch of randomly specced-out fellow players early on in our experience, instead of the usual suspects!
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:27 pm

Less Bosses

I know this will not be a popular suggestion but bare with me.

Bosses are pretty much the most annoying part of the DK series, either boring tank and spank fights, like the tauras deamon, or bosses with everything so stacked in their favour in one aspect that going in to fight them with the wrong class is an excessive amount of boredom, like the centerpied deamon.

Either way most of these bosses are just annoying and in the way of the good gameplay, I think it would be better to remove them all and only keep the actual good ones, freeing up a little time for developers to polish other parts of the game.

And with the remaining bosses, put in ways to beat them no matter what your class. No more having to poke a magic immune boss to death with my mage, or unreachable ranged bosses for my warriors, while at the same time making it so that when things are stacked in my favour, its not such a cake walk.

Artoris was amazingly easy for me with a mage, and left me wondering why people were having a tough time with him... Until I returned with a Dex character and could no longer do more then 30 damage with a hit, resulting in a fight that took far to long and left me bored to tears chipping away at him and his near immunity to everything I had.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Something must be wrong with your game, my weapons deal decent amount of damage to him; also, magic is overpowered IMO. I do get your point about bosses. There are only a handful of bosses in this game that people actually like to fight (O&S, Artorias, Manus, Gwyn [on a no-parry challenge], Kalameet, SG)

I think what the list above kind of proves is that DLC-format bosses will be the way to go. None of them had any overwhelming advantages and could be handled with any type of playstyle while still proving a challenge. I think the ingredient required is them not having any foolproof strategies.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:17 pm

Seignar wrote:Something must be wrong with your game, my weapons deal decent amount of damage to him; also, magic is overpowered IMO. I do get your point about bosses. There are only a handful of bosses in this game that people actually like to fight (O&S, Artorias, Manus, Gwyn [on a no-parry challenge], Kalameet, SG)

I think what the list above kind of proves is that DLC-format bosses will be the way to go. None of them had any overwhelming advantages and could be handled with any type of playstyle while still proving a challenge. I think the ingredient required is them not having any foolproof strategies.

That, and every single one of them was aggressive as hell. You can literally circle strafe Seathe to death with Soul Arrows. Shoot-two steps-shoot-two steps-shoot
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Blade clashing, a proper timed swing would block cancel my opponents. It probably wouldn't happen though.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:25 pm

I can see it now. Someone performs the DKGA special and gets cancelled by a dagger swing. Daggers top tier! Yeah,yeah...I know you didn't mean it that way. Would be a bad idea anyways, what will happen to counter damage?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:47 pm

I was thinking that only weapons of similar weight would be able to cancel each other out, but yeah, it's a bad idea lol.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:52 pm

That can be a part of duel wielding. If done realistically, duel-wielding won't be swinging two swords in an x-shape; it will let you attack with your other hand at any point, instead of making you unable to use your other weapon until an attack is completed. Furthermore, that is actually one of the primary means to close-in on spear users. As long as the timing is specific enough to leave polearms viable, I think it will be a good addition. The ability to block or be staggered (like when your shield is knocked aside) should be determined by AR or by sets similar to the weapon/shield parry groups.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:56 pm

De-nerf Greatsord swing recovery time, simply lower their poise damage if necessary.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:36 am

Make it so that raising strength also increases carrying capacity by a little. Less than endurance though. If I'm strong enough to carry a weapon in one hand, and properly swing it, then it makes little sense for it to slow me down in the middle of a roll.

That or remove a percentage of a weapons weight when calculating equipment burden.

Edit: Also, bring back sticky white stuff and black turpentine.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:48 am

I was just filling out the DkS survey in General Discussion, and the last question was "What would you like to see in DkS2?" It occurred to me that I would love to see a stealth based covenant. Maybe something that comes with a reusable invasion item, that when used causes you to invade but without the host getting an invasion warning, so you can hunt using stealth a bit more effectively. Maybe include something like the fog ring that can only be used if you're a covenant member? I just want to see more stealth. I love using it. It's so challenging to pull off, and so satisfying when you do.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:04 am

Weaken dodging. Even with everying planned out specifically for blocking, you are still better off by a good margin to dodge an attack rather than block. No recovery time, less stamina usage, less damage. I suppose this could also be fixed by buffing blocking in order to allow a counterattack or some such.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:10 am

You know what I want?

I want to RIP THE HEAD OFF OF A CAPRA DEMON and where it as a hat. You know you want to too.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:27 am

i want some more player altering covenants or something. Dragonoid humans was a great idea. I'd like to see someone crystalized or something.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:05 pm

Infinite character slots. Thats it. PLEASE, FROM SOFTWARE, MAKE IT HAPPEN!
    Improved online features.
    More frustration.
    Maybe character import?
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:56 pm

I want more good bosses, but less troll bosses. Tired of your ****, Bed of Chaos. And Nito, I'm tired of your great sword miracle stuff. I'm trying to fight 3 skeletons and then I also have to perfect the timing of the dodging of your gigantic sword sticking out of the ground. And From, please don't make another easy *** boss like Pinwheel. He's just pathetic.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Pretty sure Pinwheel was supposed to be a early games boss, At least until they cut that part out of Petrus's quest line. And Pinwheel can be a pain in the butt if you fail to kill him while he's just one, those magicy fire orbs pack a punch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:32 pm