Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Snuggles

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 28 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Snuggles Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:50 pm

Your etheral concept won't work. Either it would be overpowered and everybody would have to use it, or everybody would just end up learning how to counter it and make it ineffective.

The backstab in its current form is rediculously overpowered. It's impossible to defend, way to easy to perform, and deals entirely to much damage with the more powerful weapons. It should be an optional play style, not a neccessity for all pvp matches. And whats with this "punishing" concept people keep trying to use? Are you trying to say getting wide open hits on somebody isnt enough punishment when somebody makes a bad move, you also need to get 50-75% more damage from your hit? And since when do you have to have a backstab to kill a mage? Backstabbing is simply a way out for people who are not as good as the person they are facing.

Dragon hunting covenant. Joining the covenant adds a bunch of dragon bosses into the game and you level up by killing them.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:06 pm

many, possibly even most, weapons arnt fast enough to allow both a dodge and an attack before the faster spells are simply cast again, hitting you mid swing for 800+ damage. Thus the roll bs.

Backstabs are generally incredibly easy to defend against unless its a punish for a missed attack. Fighting unlocked, using sweeping weapons, kicking, counter bsing, counter parrying and aoe spells like force, wog, and great fire ball will all shut down or severely punish a bs attempt.
    vereornox
    vereornox

Post by vereornox Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:25 pm

It would be fine if they maked the backstab an option aviable only for daggers, or those kind of weapons that deals less damage
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:46 pm

For those of you who missed it, read this entire thread. It is a debate, but in said debate it is explained in great detail exactly why bsing is both a necessary and beneficial mechanic.

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t15816p15-what-do-backstabs-really-add-to-the-game

nobody denies that it needs some work, but it is a very, very important mechanic for a lot of reasons.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:14 pm

i like the "Random Event" idea . Traveling through the woods and a pack of wolves howl off in the distance and then swarm the area. or when it storms some amphibious like creatures come out. the repetitive creature thing is a pet peve of mine. the mini wyverns and the 3 asylum demons just boo -.-
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:22 pm

Why they would even use demons as jailers is beyond me, I thought the black knights were supposed to hunt those damn things.

I'd like more animal like mobs, those cat things and the dogs could be pretty interesting when they weren't being a pain in the butt. There's just a different kind of challenge that they provide when compared to humanoid enemies.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Or just bring the balrog (flamelurker) back. That fight is never easy, even with help.

I want some puzzle bosses. The tower knight is a decent example (though a simple one). The BOC doesn't count, thats just a stupid boss

Flamelurker was not optional, what i was thinking was bosses like the Hidras of Ash lake and Darkroot basin, the hellkite dragon, but way harder than those, bosses that would make you think "how the hell do i kill this bastard?" optional bosses that you don't need to kill in order to progress, but would give awesome rewards proporcional to the efforts spended.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:27 pm

Basically like Manus and the other DLC bosses but with a bigger reward then?
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:29 pm

I think backstabs should be exclusive for small weapons, but the biggest problem is that right now its too easy to get fast movement, it should be much harder to achiev and let for almost no armor/ light weapon users.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:39 pm

I disagree, light armor with a heavy weapon requires far more technique and prediction than just stacking poise and going to town on your opponents. So long as your not going for backstabs.

Fast rolling is pretty hard to do with decent armor anyway, especially if you have more than 1 weapon. katana + balder sides word is 8lb's, shield is 3 on average, and a catalyst maybe? That's another 2'bs. So your looking at 7lb's for armor if you rolling with 40 end. It's possible, though very limited in the look's department. Chesters coat weighs 4.5 I believe? The full set is 12.5, that's pretty heavy for "light armor". Wander's set is a bit better at 9.1, but's still pretty restrictive on weapon load-outs.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:39 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Basically like Manus and the other DLC bosses but with a bigger reward then?
    Yes, Manus is a good example, about the rewards, i think it should not be obvious, not a godly item or a shortcut, but somethink like" If you kill this boss you can save a npc that would otherwise die."
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:49 pm

Snuggles wrote:Your etheral concept won't work. Either it would be overpowered and everybody would have to use it, or everybody would just end up learning how to counter it and make it ineffective.

How so? Are spears inneffective because they don't deal alot of damage, compared to most other weapons? No, they are often considered on of the most powerful things in PVP. Are they widely used? No, because people know how to fight them.

Are Sorceries ineffective because they are easy to dodge? No, they are capable of one shotting almost anyone if you build for it. Are they widely used? Kinda, but not as much as you would think.

Is a Vit Gouge Pyro build too much to handle because he can block all day and still burn you? No, because you just get dead angled to death.

Learning how to counter something is how you become good at the game. You know how to counter hypothetical Ethereal Weapons? Trading blows. Because I gaurantee you, 257 damage is going to pale in comparison to the 700 of a buffed Washing Pole.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:49 pm

I love it when they use mythical creatures from different cultures and beliefs.
    Like the Hydra. That is a mythical creature from Greece that was Hercules nemesis. Everytime Hercules cut off one of his heads it would just grow back 2 more, so Hercules got his nephew Iolaus to help him defeat the Hydra by waiting for Hercules to cut off one of the heads, Iolaus would scorch each headless neck with a torch to prevent heads from growing back.
    Wouldn't it have been awesome in DkS if the only way to defeat the Hydra was to have a summon where one player would have a torch and wait to cauterize the wound after the host cut off a head. Otherwise the heads would keep growing back. I would absolutely love to see bosses with that type of kill strategy.
    Maybe will fight the Hydra brother Cerberus the 3 headed dog with a snake tail that could turn one to stone. I would love to see more mythological creatures show up in DkSII. What do you guys think?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:53 pm

http://mmdks.com/m41

Fast roll, defenses just under the diminishing returns point (350), 58 poise with a backup weapon and heavier than necessary shield, 40 end, 40 sls to spare. Easy peasy.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:02 pm

I liked "the legend of dragoon" in that regard, when you weren't fighting "dragons" you were fighting other kinds of creatures. Things like Wendigo, a pheonix, elves, berserk bears,mermaids, or even these fairy thingies.

Dark Souls and Demon Souls have the advantage of having "demons" and if there's anything DMC and Onimusha have taught me it's that there's no shortage of inspiration when it comes to them. So it really bothers me when I have to fight the Asylum Demon 3 times.

Forum Pirate wrote:http://mmdks.com/m41

Fast roll, defenses just under the diminishing returns point (350), 58 poise with a backup weapon and heavier than necessary shield, 40 end, 40 sls to spare. Easy peasy.

Yeah, havels ring + wolf ring tends to do that. You can even stick a pyro flame in there if you want.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:06 pm

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:I love it when they use mythical creatures from different cultures and beliefs.
    Like the Hydra. That is a mythical creature from Greece that was Hercules nemesis. Everytime Hercules cut off one of his heads it would just grow back 2 more, so Hercules got his nephew Iolaus to help him defeat the Hydra by waiting for Hercules to cut off one of the heads, Iolaus would scorch each headless neck with a torch to prevent heads from growing back.
    Wouldn't it have been awesome in DkS if the only way to defeat the Hydra was to have a summon where one player would have a torch and wait to cauterize the wound after the host cut off a head. Otherwise the heads would keep growing back. I would absolutely love to see bosses with that type of kill strategy.
    Maybe will fight the Hydra brother Cerberus the 3 headed dog with a snake tail that could turn one to stone. I would love to see more mythological creatures show up in DkSII. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't like that, but if said hydra had health regen, and the only way to stop it from gaining health back was hit it with a fire weapon (Hit with a fire weapon stops the regen for a couple of seconds, allowing you to pummel it with something else), THAT would be awesome.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:06 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I liked "the legend of dragoon" in that regard, when you weren't fighting "dragons" you were fighting other kinds of creatures. Things like Wendigo, a pheonix, elves, berserk bears,mermaids, or even these fairy thingies.

"It's a miss!"
    "Too slow!"
    "Over here!"

Lloyd was awesome.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:09 pm

Ahh yes... The Platinum D-Bag. I liked that guy haha.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Yes, too easy to get fast roll, should be much harder, i also think there should be more movement "skills", in Dark souls we have 5: Flip, Fast roll, medium roll, fat roll and unable to roll, in DS2 i would like more intermediate and special movements like "shoulder bash" to break guard.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:21 pm

Considering that it takes 2 ring slots to do what Forum did, I wouldn't call it too easy.

If anything, I think the cut off points should have been 33% and 66%. Then those rings wouldn't be as necessary.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:24 pm

What about perks in DSII?
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:27 pm

carlucio wrote:What about perks in DSII?

dont even joke about that. I know I want to see different and new things.
    Not things reused from Skyrim.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:31 pm

I had Fallout in mind, the Skyrim system is horrible.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:31 pm

First Halo and now you want it to happen to DarkSouls? Do COD lovers know no bounds?

Edit: oh Fallout... h'mm not sure how'd feel about that. Most perks in Fallout tend to make you completely overpowered. It's not very a good idea because of PVP. In new vegas I have w/e the highest crit chance for laser weapons is, along with crit attack boosters, and energy weapon boosters, I can pretty much 1 shot everything. Apply that to magic and we have a problem.

Not to mention the 700+ level cap. I wouldn't like it if the capped it at 120, and most people would just pick damage and carrying capacity perks anyway. Same thing as the rings.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:36 pm

carlucio wrote:I had Fallout in mind, the Skyrim system is horrible.

the fallout system was way better than skyrim. but I really want something new and innovative to come to DkSII. I really hope they dont introduce game mechanics from other games. If they stick to there guns thell bring us something to be excited about.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:11 am