Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 15 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Slarg232 Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:19 pm

I want:

1) Cosmetics for weapons: Yeah sure, it may be a major tell if my firey weapon is on fire, but I still want my FIRE WEAPON ON FIRE, DAMNIT! Naturally, make it where only X cosmetic can be used on X weapon, so no lightning weapons on fire or anything like that.

2) More ways to play: In Dark Souls, let's face it, he who strikes the most the fastest wins. Poison does jack all, Dex weapons rule (Not saying STR weapons are bad, but Dex are definately better), Regen is worthless, and on. The only real ways to PVP are Bleed, Buffed Dex weapons, or just straight up STR. Pure casters don't do much, unless it's a Combustion Pyro. This ties into the next point.

3) Better Rings: Rings should be all powerful character customizer tools, not these little dinky things we have now. We need rings that supercharge a certain aspect of your character, but leaves other low. For instance, turn our current bleed into 5% health for building up the meter, but with the Bleed ring it goes to 50%. Poison does 3 health per second, but with the Poison Ring it goes to 30 health per second. This would not only help buff things not used in DkS, but it would also force customization; you can't be a jack of all trades as it's just not as effective.
    exod FEAR
    exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exod FEAR Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:04 pm

weird idea inbound. Happens all the time where an attack uses more stamina than you actually have but it still comes out normally. I feel like the damage output(swing speed should be unaffected) should be correlated to remaining stamina.

Now, I'm NOT saying that 20% stamina should result in 20% attackpower. But have it go down to like 50% when your stamina is depleted.

It will really reduce the power of R1 mashing in a logical way. It allows you to benefit from picking shots instead of having someone swing at you non-stop claymore style (not hating on claymores).

edit: in case it was unclear:

Stamina% Damage%
    100% = 100%
    90% = 95%
    60% = 80%
    30% = 65%
    0-10% = 50%
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:59 pm

exod FEAR wrote:weird idea inbound. Happens all the time where an attack uses more stamina than you actually have but it still comes out normally. I feel like the damage output(swing speed should be unaffected) should be correlated to remaining stamina.

Now, I'm NOT saying that 20% stamina should result in 20% attackpower. But have it go down to like 50% when your stamina is depleted.

It will really reduce the power of R1 mashing in a logical way. It allows you to benefit from picking shots instead of having someone swing at you non-stop claymore style (not hating on claymores).

Stamina% Damage%
    100% = 100%
    90% = 95%
    60% = 80%
    30% = 65%
    0-10% = 50%

Seems like that would make PvE pretty untenable for dex players -- unless you balanced it by increasing the damage inflicted by criticals, which seems to be the opposite of what many people here want.

Secondly, it doesn't make a lot of intuitive/logical sense to me. I mean, I could understand if you could only do 50% damage when your health was almost depleted, but the very definition of stamina seems to me that you have enough endurance to do a certain number of effective attacks. Trying to work out some algorithm in my head ("okay, it looks like I'm at about 55% stamina now; with variable damage modifiers, does it do more damage to hit R2 once, or hit R1 twice, or do an R1-R2 combo, where the R2 will do some reduced damage?") doesn't sound like much fun. Would people also roll at 65% speed if they're at 30% stamina?

ETA: In terms of R1 mashing, the game already has a perfect counter for it: parrying. You will never find an easier parry in PvP than the katana-wielding dex user who runs up to you and spams R1, because you know his timing. (If you can't effectively parry a katana, someone -- EWGF, perhaps -- has a comprehensive YouTube video.) Now, if a player's brilliant PvP strategy is to two-hand a +5 Chaos Demon Greataxe (or equivalent) with the idea of OHKOing someone, and so they neglected to bring along a shield (or learned how to parry), they can hardly complain when the katana user bleeds them out.

Last edited by OmarTheFuzzy on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : R1 spamming)
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Slarg232 wrote:I want:

1) Cosmetics for weapons: Yeah sure, it may be a major tell if my firey weapon is on fire, but I still want my FIRE WEAPON ON FIRE, DAMNIT! Naturally, make it where only X cosmetic can be used on X weapon, so no lightning weapons on fire or anything like that.

2) More ways to play: In Dark Souls, let's face it, he who strikes the most the fastest wins. Poison does jack all, Dex weapons rule (Not saying STR weapons are bad, but Dex are definately better), Regen is worthless, and on. The only real ways to PVP are Bleed, Buffed Dex weapons, or just straight up STR. Pure casters don't do much, unless it's a Combustion Pyro. This ties into the next point.

3) Better Rings: Rings should be all powerful character customizer tools, not these little dinky things we have now. We need rings that supercharge a certain aspect of your character, but leaves other low. For instance, turn our current bleed into 5% health for building up the meter, but with the Bleed ring it goes to 50%. Poison does 3 health per second, but with the Poison Ring it goes to 30 health per second. This would not only help buff things not used in DkS, but it would also force customization; you can't be a jack of all trades as it's just not as effective.

Dunno about #2 if you have a big *** weapon one hit is more than enough!twisted
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:03 pm

I think someone already said it but I want to be able to dye my clothes like in assassins creed 2.
    The_Burning Cross
    The_Burning Cross

Post by The_Burning Cross Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Maybe more realistic, less predictable AI? And bosses that can parry Shrug
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Idea: A central hub like the nexus but each arch stone leads to a vastly open world like lordran.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:57 pm

>Brave< wrote:Idea: A central hub like the nexus but each arch stone leads to a vastly open world like lordran.

A much better thing to do would be to expand the central hub of Firelink Shine.

The megaman style select-a-world is just terrible for a Soul's game. Unless you are OK with half the game being stupidly easy. For example in Demon's Souls especially if you did 4-1 first, 1-2, 2-1, 3-1 and 5-1 all become stupidly easy. The game assumes you'll do each one first but you can only do one first. That's why the Dark Souls style works so much better.

Also in the Dark Souls style it's not linear but if you want to break sequence it's going to be harder, which is fine with me. Like doing the catacombs right away. Sure the boss is easy but everything else can kill you fast.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:02 pm

exod FEAR wrote:weird idea inbound. Happens all the time where an attack uses more stamina than you actually have but it still comes out normally. I feel like the damage output(swing speed should be unaffected) should be correlated to remaining stamina.

Stamina% Damage%
    100% = 100%
    90% = 95%
    60% = 80%
    30% = 65%
    0-10% = 50%

You could also make it so if you deplete all of your stamina it takes longer to charge back up. This way it would be longer in between attacks if you had 0 stamina and you were spamming R1.

Another solution would be you can't make the attack at all if you don't have the stamina for it.

I would be totally OK with the first option, it would make you pay a lot more attention to your stamina bar.

Also your option actually buffs DEX weapons since STR weapons require so much stamina. The current stamina usage actually is in favor of STR weapons by a small amount, since you can do a R2 two handed attack with 1 stamina.

Either way STR weapons need a buff. It would be nice to see people use them who aren't backstab fishing.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Marino. wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:
    And divine blessings were fine as they were meant to be collected, five max per playthrough, they are completely unbalanced for actual PvP. A decent player was basically invincible with a reasonable source of divine blessings.

This is what makes them so useless imo .
    They are so rare that you always think "Aw no i might need it later" (or at least i do).

And the fact that you could glitch yourself Infinity of them made them broken .

They should be removed or they should keep the Grass System from Demons .
    I dont know . They are the Developers . Let them figure it out lol!

Players reluctance to use them isn't really a reason to scrap them, and though I shared that reluctance. But, just leave it in, I know players who in a tough spot utilized them before they were abused, I knew players who would buy them from other players since they were so reluctant to use them. They are fine as vanity items, leave them as that or scrap em, and the way I see it, may as well leave them.

And please. . . no grass.

I see...interesting

I will go with whatever From sees fit happy

In competitive PvP developers need to realize that the easiest hack that people are going to do is the save file editing.

Items like Divine Blessings shouldn't be in the game unless they are going to be farmable or purchasable. I would much rather have them removed from the game than deal with people who always have 99 every battle. Same with the regen mushrooms. You should have been able to farm them or not had them at all.

The devs have to assume that people will hack in 99 items of everything so they should try to make it so even if someone has 99 of every items they don't have an advantage that other people couldn't get given enough time. In this way having 99 slabs is nowhere near as gamebreaking as 99 divine blessings. I can go farm slabs and be equal with you in terms of gear but I could never get infinite blessings to use so the save file hacker will always be ahead of me.

Also the save file hackers bleed into legit play as well. When they put 5,000 divine blessings on their character and hand out 99 to every single person they see it starts to bleed into the legit community.

The game would be the same without items like Divine Blessings and regening mushrooms. No need to have people abusing them.
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:30 pm

I realize I could probably find the answer elsewhere (or just log on to XBox and find out for myself), but what exactly do Divine Blessings do? (I've never actually used one.) If they just heal you up -- which is what I've always assumed, but I could be wrong -- how is that any more gamebreaking than simply using a Humanity item in PvP?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:50 pm

OmarTheFuzzy wrote:I realize I could probably find the answer elsewhere (or just log on to XBox and find out for myself), but what exactly do Divine Blessings do? (I've never actually used one.) If they just heal you up -- which is what I've always assumed, but I could be wrong -- how is that any more gamebreaking than simply using a Humanity item in PvP?

I've never used one either but I'm asusuming it's flask style and fully heals you.
    exod FEAR
    exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exod FEAR Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 pm

it pops faster than humanity and fixes status as well (poison/bleed)
    gaarafrednorris
    gaarafrednorris

Post by gaarafrednorris Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Personally.. I think there should be item crafting and perhaps a few other types of spells, like Energomancy (The manipulation of lightning). Hell... any -mancy could work. But just give each their own catalyst, like the Pyro Glove.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:58 pm

defacto wrote:

In competitive PvP developers need to realize that the easiest hack that people are going to do is the save file editing.

Items like Divine Blessings shouldn't be in the game unless they are going to be farmable or purchasable. I would much rather have them removed from the game than deal with people who always have 99 every battle. Same with the regen mushrooms. You should have been able to farm them or not had them at all.

The devs have to assume that people will hack in 99 items of everything so they should try to make it so even if someone has 99 of every items they don't have an advantage that other people couldn't get given enough time. In this way having 99 slabs is nowhere near as gamebreaking as 99 divine blessings. I can go farm slabs and be equal with you in terms of gear but I could never get infinite blessings to use so the save file hacker will always be ahead of me.

Also the save file hackers bleed into legit play as well. When they put 5,000 divine blessings on their character and hand out 99 to every single person they see it starts to bleed into the legit community.

The game would be the same without items like Divine Blessings and regening mushrooms. No need to have people abusing them.

Of course Hackers have unfair advantages over a not-hacker lol!
    I'm fine with Divíne Blessings . Its just that they're so rare that i never use them XD

And there's nothing From can do about Cheaters and Hackers unless they go Diablo 3 style *shivers*
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:59 pm

gaarafrednorris wrote:Hell... any -mancy could work.

DORMANCY! You fall down as if dead and play possum. When your opponent starts doing the "Well! What Is It?" taunt, you leap up and stab him in the eye. twisted
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:01 pm

I would love better weapon upgrade paths;

A poison one that insta-poisons for a mediocre amount

A Vampiric weapon that converts 5% of the damage you deal to health for you
    exod FEAR
    exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exod FEAR Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Slarg232 wrote:I would love better weapon upgrade paths;

A poison one that insta-poisons for a mediocre amount

A Vampiric weapon that converts 5% of the damage you deal to health for you

agree, and add vampire covenant

and they need another infection type of covenant, like the chaos servants, but give them the ability to invade without cracked red eye things, AANNDD make it so when you maggot attack they ACTUALLY get infected.
    tthey'll have a limited time before they get whatever DKS2's version of the egghead is, then they're automatically part of the cov.
    they can still get it removed and rejoin old cov without loss in progress though

Obviously it wont be the same thing as chaos servant but you get the point. I think it should be a vampire cov, where if you use the kick animation on a humanoid its a bite attack that converts other people through PVP. the attack will heal you a small amount
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:09 pm

More gestures!

In particular, I'd love to see that head-scratching thing you do when you get egg-burdened become a gesture.

Also, I'd like to see a gesture where you go down on one knee and assume the "Thinker" pose.

And maybe a disco twirl, ending with your finger extending in the air, John Travolta style.

silly
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Class unique special ability's!

Allow the different classes access to paths the other classes cannot to add more replay value to the game.

Things like Walls only warriors can smash, magic gates only a mage can open, or locks only a thief can open.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:21 pm

While I'm thinking about it, they should just make buffs add a percentage of damage as well; dex weapons do less, but hit faster, STR weapons swing slower, but hit harder. So the buff would give 115 bonus damage on a Dex weapon, but a STR weapon would get 322 (pulled out my butt, no math. Just a suggestion.)
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:48 pm

Slarg232 wrote:While I'm thinking about it, they should just make buffs add a percentage of damage as well; dex weapons do less, but hit faster, STR weapons swing slower, but hit harder. So the buff would give 115 bonus damage on a Dex weapon, but a STR weapon would get 322 (pulled out my butt, no math. Just a suggestion.)

I like it the way it is, plus I think it makes sense. if we both have the w/e stat then why is my buff weaker/stronger just because we used a different weapon?
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Marino. wrote:
    defacto wrote:

Of course Hackers have unfair advantages over a not-hacker lol!
    I'm fine with Divíne Blessings . Its just that they're so rare that i never use them XD

And there's nothing From can do about Cheaters and Hackers unless they go Diablo 3 style *shivers*

Well...duh.

But main problem I was talking about is the bleeding over into legitimate players.

What if there was an item that made you invincible for 10 seconds, you did quad damage and lasers shot from your eyes? But, you only got 1 per game. Balanced? No way. This would destroy PvP.

People would give themselves infinite with a save editor and then pass them out. In this way it spreads like a virus until if you don't have lasers shooting from your eyes you are screwed.

The game would actually be better off without rare stupidly powerful items like Divine Blessings and super regen mario mushrooms. The only people who use them are hackers anyway since they are so rare you never equip them.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:57 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    OmarTheFuzzy wrote:I realize I could probably find the answer elsewhere (or just log on to XBox and find out for myself), but what exactly do Divine Blessings do? (I've never actually used one.) If they just heal you up -- which is what I've always assumed, but I could be wrong -- how is that any more gamebreaking than simply using a Humanity item in PvP?

I've never used one either but I'm asusuming it's flask style and fully heals you.

It's as fast as eating the stamina regen grass, full heal and full status heal. It's stupidly powerful. Especially when you are fighting someone who has 99 of them.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:00 pm

defacto wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:

It's as fast as eating the stamina regen grass, full heal and full status heal. It's stupidly powerful. Especially when you are fighting someone who has 99 of them.
    MOTHER OF GOD :|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:20 pm