Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 14 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:18 pm

bosslugger wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    Back in Demons everyone had the same fast Healing Method so there was no Issue about Healing .
    What doesnt make sense to me is that the Phantoms get Healed from the Estus .

You're supposed to be responsible for your phantoms when you invite people to help in your world. They can't heal (unless they use a spell), so you have to heal them. It adds to the challenge and evens out the fairness when a BP invades.

It seems to confuse people though because I've died countless times due to players not paying attention and not healing me. I can't fight for you if I'm dead, dummy.

they weren't confused, they were being stingy lol
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Juutas wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:Yeah, instead of having "____ has invaded your world", have certain effects that are so subtle, that only the alert player would notice them. This would also give the invaded player a possible chance to get a real jump on an unaware host.

Secondly, I know that I've already mentioned this in another thread, but in case FROM is watching, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE CROSSBOWS AND THROWING KNIVES USEFUL!

Crossbows are super useful. Not too many people realise the fact that they shoot faster than bows.

Sure, they are somewhat useful. I would know, because my main character
    uses it as one of his left handed weapons, and its fully maxed out (+ 5
    lightning). Crossbows shoot faster than bows, but the reload time is where you are vulnerable. Bows load faster, but aim and shoot slower. I know all of that. The problem, though, is that the ability to aim increases the value of the bow over the crossbow dramatically. I mean, do I really have to bring up the silliness of the Sniper Crossbow design? Its obvious from that weapon that the crossbow was originally meant to be aimed with. Crossbows tend to be much easier to aim with in real life, but in Dark Souls, they can't be used to aim at all. Makes no sense.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:I'm not saying I use those tactics.

I generally play on quality melee builds, and avoid backstabs and reserve them for when someone tries to backstab bait me.

I'm just saying, I don't get upset when others use the tactics. Learn how to beat them.

I think that its an excellent design to allow the players to decide how honorable each of them actually want to be. If you want to be a roguish scoundrel, killing your foes in cold blood, then you can be that. If you want to be the chivalrous knight who bows to his opponents and faces them head on, then that's you. The choice is what's beautiful, in my opinion.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:33 pm

MasterofShadows wrote:
    Juutas wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:Yeah, instead of having "____ has invaded your world", have certain effects that are so subtle, that only the alert player would notice them. This would also give the invaded player a possible chance to get a real jump on an unaware host.

Secondly, I know that I've already mentioned this in another thread, but in case FROM is watching, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE CROSSBOWS AND THROWING KNIVES USEFUL!

Crossbows are super useful. Not too many people realise the fact that they shoot faster than bows.

Sure, they are somewhat useful. I would know, because my main character
    uses it as one of his left handed weapons, and its fully maxed out (+ 5
    lightning). Crossbows shoot faster than bows, but the reload time is where you are vulnerable. Bows load faster, but aim and shoot slower. I know all of that. The problem, though, is that the ability to aim increases the value of the bow over the crossbow dramatically. I mean, do I really have to bring up the silliness of the Sniper Crossbow design? Its obvious from that weapon that the crossbow was originally meant to be aimed with. Crossbows tend to be much easier to aim with in real life, but in Dark Souls, they can't be used to aim at all. Makes no sense.

there should be an aiming reticle like in Infamous/fallout, for both magic and cross bows "but that would make bows useless" no because you could zoom with the bow( and maybe sniper croswbow)
    bosslugger
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bosslugger Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    bosslugger wrote:
    Marino. wrote:
    Back in Demons everyone had the same fast Healing Method so there was no Issue about Healing .
    What doesnt make sense to me is that the Phantoms get Healed from the Estus .

It seems to confuse people though because I've died countless times due to players not paying attention and not healing me. I can't fight for you if I'm dead, dummy.

they weren't confused, they were being stingy lol

:shock:
    Seriously though, I've had summoners run around, almost get themselves killed, heal, heal, heal, then when we make it to the boss battle, they have no more estus to heal. :evil:
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Heh, I've had summoners let me do all the work and let me die then finish off the boss themselves(at least I think they did, they can't suck that much right?)
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:52 pm

MyAwesomeAfro wrote:Improved online. I want a harsher experience. I want it to be seriously gritty.

Clans? Mass invasions?

Agreed.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    there should be an aiming reticle like in Infamous/fallout, for both magic and cross bows "but that would make bows useless" no because you could zoom with the bow( and maybe sniper croswbow)

Really though, the only difference between the crossbow and bow should be fire speed vs. reload speed, and nothing else.

Crossbow = faster firing due to quicker target acquisition
    Bow = faster reloading, due to being much easier to load than the clumsy reloading process of a crossbow

That alone should be enough. Both of them should be able to snipe, though.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:15 pm

MasterofShadows wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:

Really though, the only difference between the crossbow and bow should be fire speed vs. reload speed, and nothing else.

Bow = faster reloading, due to being much easier to load than the clumsy reloading process of a crossbow

clumsy reload speed? looks at chester...

I want to reload my crossbow like the chester dammit!
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:18 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:

clumsy reload speed? looks at chester...

I want to reload my crossbow like the chester dammit!

Yeah, and I want to have throwing knives that are useful like he and the painted guardians have, but we can't have everything we want, can we?
    Reyl
    Reyl

Post by Reyl Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:34 pm

I want more equipment options. We should get things like capes, Sheathed sword on back, large can of arrows, etc.. Oh, and capes.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Crossbows should actually do more damage or have armor bypassing properties. Crossbows actually struck much harder than bows; they just took a long time to prepare. (winding up a gear, pulling the string back, putting the bolt in and THEN launching) I think it will also help if players can still move while the arrow is notched. (perhaps only a walking speed or such)
    bosslugger
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bosslugger Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:Heh, I've had summoners let me do all the work and let me die then finish off the boss themselves(at least I think they did, they can't suck that much right?)

I've done that, sadly. Not let them do all the work, but if they got me to the boss, they did their job. To be fair, though, I will often reward my phantoms with humanity though, if they got me through a brutal stage or did something awesome for me.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:57 pm

bosslugger wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:Heh, I've had summoners let me do all the work and let me die then finish off the boss themselves(at least I think they did, they can't suck that much right?)

I've done that, sadly. Not let them do all the work, but if they got me to the boss, they did their job. To be fair, though, I will often reward my phantoms with humanity though, if they got me through a brutal stage or did something awesome for me.

No, no I mean they've let me fight the boss and then let it kill me once the boss is almost dead lol
    Reyl
    Reyl

Post by Reyl Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:03 am

I have a phantom take me all the way to O&S then summoning Solaire and kicking me out.
    bosslugger
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bosslugger Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:03 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    bosslugger wrote:

No, no I mean they've let me fight the boss and then let it kill me once the boss is almost dead lol
    Look Skyward
    Oh, well that's just tacky.
    My pet peeeve is phantoms who just stand there while I get my a** handed to me by an invader. Soooo, why did you come to my world to "help" me?
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:04 am

Acarnatia wrote:Crossbows should actually do more damage or have armor bypassing properties. Crossbows actually struck much harder than bows; they just took a long time to prepare. (winding up a gear, pulling the string back, putting the bolt in and THEN launching) I think it will also help if players can still move while the arrow is notched. (perhaps only a walking speed or such)

Those were originally some of my ideas, but I think they would make the crossbow a bit too powerful over the bow.
    bosslugger
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bosslugger Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 am

Reyl wrote:I have a phantom take me all the way to O&S then summoning Solaire and kicking me out.

First of all, summoning NPCs is all but useless. They just stand there and make you do all the work.
    Secondly, if you're going to boot someone, at least message them why.

I've summoned phantoms to help get me inside the castle at Anor Londo, then once I'm in, I've thanked them with a humanity and banished them, telling them I need to go light the bonfire so I can save my progress. THAT's being polite.
    exod FEAR
    exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exod FEAR Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:17 am

Buggy Virus wrote:Also, critical attacks, such as backstabs should be mapped onto the controller rather than randomly getting them when you attack normally at a chance angle.

Such as map it as pulling back on the movement stick and hitting R2, like the opposite of a jump attack, where the player then executes a quick step and an attack that is easily blocked and causes massive recoil if it is not a hit.

This would stop people from randomly getting backstabs in the middle of rolly poly duels, and instead force players to knowingly commit to trying to get a critical, like when the other player is running away or parried.

great idea dude

btw, I feel like the healing during invasions system is perfect the way it is.

make backstabs way harder to get or have it so that you need to do a strong attack for it to work at all. Have shields on back reduce damage as well.

and make a better animation for halberd crits!! I hate the way my great scythe flies through people nonsensically. Maybe have a kick animation first that knocks them to the ground (they end up there anyways) then have the halberd slam down after.

and more varied PVP covenants and Covenant Weapons and Armors. Kind of awk how theres pretty much just the good guys and the bad guys, or those that dont pvp of course. It'd be cool to see different factions or houses, like game of thrones or something.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:00 am

If there is a covenant like the Gravelords....

Let it work and allow us to infect areas regardless of whether or not the boss is alive.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:22 am

Rudmed wrote:If there is a covenant like the Gravelords....

Let it work and allow us to infect areas regardless of whether or not the boss is alive.

Pretty sure I've been infected in areas with dead bosses actually.

Edit: I just realized What you meant, my bad. i forgot the boss had to be alive for me to invade you back.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:38 am

I do have several wishes. One of them is that the Xbox and the PC should share the online community, would that even possible? I kind of remember that other games do it.
    hqboy
    hqboy

Post by hqboy Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:50 am

Please dragon bone smasher ( demons soul) !!!!! My only request is that she comes back. with the same move set!!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:39 am

hqboy wrote:Please dragon bone smasher ( demons soul) !!!!! My only request is that she comes back. with the same move set!!

I'm pretty sure the demon machete was darks equivalent, though not as good admittedly
    hqboy
    hqboy

Post by hqboy Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:32 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    hqboy wrote:Please dragon bone smasher ( demons soul) !!!!! My only request is that she comes back. with the same move set!!

I'm pretty sure the demon machete was darks equivalent, though not as good admittedly

moveset is a little different, and the dragon bone smasher is much more beautiful kkkk cheers cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:16 am