Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 27 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:18 pm

I mentioned this in another thread so I figured I'd put it here too.

Sloth9230 wrote:

I don't know if you've played it, but I really like the way Onimusha 3 handled time-travel.

Basically, in order to advance through certain levels, you'd have to switch between two characters at certain points. One in the past and one in the present. There would be puzzles/obstacles/items and bosses that would only appear in one time-frame or the other and actions taken in one time-frame could potentially affect the other. For instance, there was this level in a temple that was flooded in the present. In order to get rid of the water you had to repeatedly switch characters and trade items between them so that the other accomplish certain tasks.

How would that work in Dark Souls? Since there's only one character, they could make it so that the player can freely travel trough time whenever they want to. Perhaps you could travel to the past in order to cross a bridge that is broken in the present, and then switch back the present so you can face a boss. Or you might find a key in the present that would allow you open a door in the past, or vice-versa.

I think it would be a cool way to conceal bonus bosses or maybe even weapons.

Tl:DR, I'd like more time travel.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:23 pm

So Ocarina of Time without turning into a Kid?

I could see that as a cool thing.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Sadly I've never played that game... or any of the other Zelda games :|
    But I'm guessing the answer is "yes" lol
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:33 pm

I would really really like to see more dynamic environments like night and day cycles that could possibly effect certain things, such as: certain enemies might be more powerful at night or even turn into something else?
    The changing of weather, like rain snow and wind that could effect people and environments. Like if it rains the ground (if dirt or grass) could get slippery and would make it harder to fight, and maybe a certain percentage of R2 swings may slip and miss, or if your running forward and all of a sudden push back on the thumb-stick instead of instantly turning around and running towards the camera the player would slip and fall getting mud on him/her.
    Or with wind. Imagine traversing the Valley of Drakes in DkS and having to fight heavy wind that could knock you down or even off the cliff itself if you dont hold your ground while walking (maybe you would have to hold your shield up while against the wind to traverse it properly so if you encounter an enemy you'll have to trade footing for attacks, or something like that.
    Or even the changing of seasons that could effect where you can go such as during the winter you could cross a lake that you couldnt normally get across. Things like these ideas could be really interesting a cool if done right.
    And much more likely to happen if DkSII is a next gen game.
    vereornox
    vereornox

Post by vereornox Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:40 pm

I hope they would bring back some old gear concept, for exemple "Blind" from Demon's, obvisuoly with corrected description
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:01 pm

For the love of god, can we get a "Repair All" button?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:08 pm

A permanent merchant who I can sell things to would be nice!

And allowing me to donate more that one goddamn humanity at a time!

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:20 pm

Slarg232 wrote:Ok, here's one; Ethereal Ember

Ascends a +5 weapon into an Ethereal Weapon

Ethereal weapons have no scaling, but ignore sheilds and half of the armor value of the target. An +5 Ethereal Claymore would deal 257 damage (same as a +15 Claymore without Scaling).

Ethereal Sheilds can block Ethereal Weapons, but gain no stability or defense bonuses.

Using a Transient Curse allows the blocking of Ethereal Weapons with any sheild.

Sure, you deal less damage, but they have to sacrifice a buff or be chipped to death.

Good idea. To be honest, more new unique weapons in DkS II would be great too, but my main wish is that they add MORE upgrade paths. And that they go wild with it, without game breaking the standard paths. Poison/Toxin path should be a MANDATORY comeback. A path that increases bleed build up (and maybe bleed damage) would be good too. Just to add more variety, I'm tired of Dark Souls' "Normal +15 and buff or Divine/Magic +10 and done".
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:01 pm

Yeah, the upgrade paths in DkS were kind of Meh. What I want to see is:

Ethereal: What I posted up above
    Jagged: Bleed build up
    Fire/Chaos: Whichever, make it scale with humanity
    Lightning: As is
    Quality: reduced base damage, bump up the scaling a grade
    Raw: Increase base damage. For all intents, "Standard" reinforcement
    Enchanted: As is, huge scaling with Int
    Corroded: deals the least damage out of all of them, but auto poisons on hit, even through sheilds.

Also, make weapons actually show what they are. Ethereal should be see throughy and green, Fire should be on fire, so on and so forth. Not only is it good for identifying purposes, but makes roleplaying AWESOME!
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:22 pm

I can't believe I haven't thought of this before, but I'd like to have the option to jump. (Without sprinting beforehand)
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:38 pm

The Letter X wrote:I can't believe I haven't thought of this before, but I'd like to have the option to jump. (Without sprinting beforehand)

I thought about it but... what button would you use? I like backstepping :|
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:41 pm

A/X when you're not interacting with anything.
    denleigh

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 27 Empty Just make Dark Souls 2

Post by denleigh Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:51 am

Completely change the backstab, it shouldn't even have the animation sequence. Critical damage asside from parry should only be possible with the smallest weapons, and perhaps should require high dexterity. Rolling should effectively dodge a backstab, not teleport you back to the knife!

I hate the arena idea, I never get invaded anymore, pvp should be part of the environment not isolated to a specific location. Make covenant rankings more engaging and have greater benefits, but do not allow players to abandon thier covenants more than once per playthrough. How about a taunt option, or revenge so you can invade the invader that just WOG 'd you then pointed to the ground like a jerk. Velka, Carim, and giant breasted npc's
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:11 am

denleigh wrote:Rolling should effectively dodge a backstab, not teleport you back to the knife!

I hate the arena idea, I never get invaded anymore, pvp should be part of the environment not isolated to a specific location. Make covenant rankings more engaging and have greater benefits, but do not allow players to abandon thier covenants more than once per playthrough.
    The bolded part is caused by lag, its legit on their screen most of the time.

The rest of the quote I'll agree with.

Finally type backstab or bs into the search area to see why removing bsing like that is an awful idea.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:27 am

Honestly, just take the backstab damage down to 50% increase with any weapon that isn't designed for it. You can still use it to punish a stupid move while retaining a damage bonus, but it's not as silly as it is right now.
    denleigh

Post by denleigh Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:40 am

I searched and now I hate backstabs even more! I get backstabs all the time when I'm not even behind someone. The hit box is way too big, I'm sick of pvp's that only consist of running in circles waiting to see who loses patience first and goes for the jumping r2 attack.

A shield on your back should block any backstab accourding to that shields defensive statistics. A backstab should just be a backstab no critical damage except small weapons, and they should get rid of the hornet ring completely.

Backstabs don't punish stupid moves. If you are using the hornet ring then you made the decision to have the backstab be your only strategy for victory. Why? Because you know it is overpowered.

If uchi backflip kids can backstab my tank, then my tank should be able to pick up that little ninja and snap his neck. Or, my greatsword should just knock people on the ground, not just stunlock them. I want a stunlock ring that increases the amount of time you get stunlocked for, how 'bout that wiseguy? Backstabs should be removed.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:48 am

I will no longer dignify your ignorance and/or trolling with a proper response. The mechanic needs work, but it is a very necessary balancing tool.
    denleigh

Post by denleigh Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:02 am

yeah b a l a n c e !!! that's why such a dissproportianate amount of victories are ended by a backstab.

No drama! people talk about balance, but there really shouldn't be balance between a sword and a greatsword. The greatsword should win. Go pvp with a greatsword and tell me the game is balanced. The backstab makes the game exploitable and diminishes the enjoyment of the player.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:11 am

The determining factor in battle is personal ability. Some styles may have advantages or disadvantages against other styles, but its the ability of the weilder that is most important, especially in melee combat.

The greatsword may hit harder, but it requires more commitment from the weilder and is slower to wind up and recover from swings, leaving the weilder open to counter attacks after a missed or blocked swing.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:12 am

I have no idea what is going on in the comment above me.

I would love to see the mimics return, but have it so they change every NG to a new area so we will never really know where they will be.

Player revenants that work like vagrants, but playout like a legitimate fight. (There is actually a thread on this that I would advise checking out)

Maintain the same type of storytelling that Dark Souls did with it's lore and story.

Random Events. (Packs of enemies, minibosses etc.) Found in select areas of the map.

Have it so that after a period of time of the player only playing PVE PVP will be opened to them. Sort of like how they did it in Demon Souls with you going through the first level without co-op or being invaded.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:30 am

An endgame beast like in dragons dogma where everyone on the server fights the same mob and it takes days to kill it. I think that would be perfect for dark souls.
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:42 am

I want stronger optional bosses that forces you to make a lot of preparation to kill them.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:05 pm

carlucio wrote:I want stronger optional bosses that forces you to make a lot of preparation to kill them.

I disagree with "Preperation", but agree with stronger bosses, especially ones that make you work more for the kill.

Imagine, if you will, you fight some monster that is obsessed with imortality, and upon hearing about Seathes death, it travels to the Crystal Caves and steals the now broken Primordial Crystal. Instead of fixing it, and instead of leaving it in a large circular room, he just enchants them both with lesser magic that regenerates him, but doesn't keep him completely immortal. So now in order to easily kill him, you have to search his room to find the two halves and break them.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:16 pm

Or just bring the balrog (flamelurker) back. That fight is never easy, even with help.

I want some puzzle bosses. The tower knight is a decent example (though a simple one). The BOC doesn't count, thats just a stupid boss
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:44 pm

I agree with more flamelurker like bosses, though not too many so as to not make the game repetitive.

And for the love of god, no more Asylum Demon clones! Three was just plain lazy on Froms part. They should have just been lesser enemies like Taurus and Capra.

I'd also like to see the other 10 zodiac demons(if they exist)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:41 am