Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 31 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by MosquitoPower Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:03 am

I don’t mean to just walk through the bleed argument above without saying anything…. but its over my head =P

What I would like to see in Dark Souls 2 is a “player killed by enemy” counter.
    Resident Evil 5 had an option in the menus where you could see what monsters had killed you and how many times they had done it. For a game series that prides itself on killing you, it would be neat to see what mob was yer worst enemy.

For me it would have been that spear knight in the dragon head room in Anor Londo. Always underestimated it when i was in a rush…always payed for it.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:04 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Viable unarmed combat would be cool. Not sure how it could be done well though.

I think unarmed/fIst weapons could be made viable if they were just given better and faster attack chaining.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:47 am

The Letter X wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Viable unarmed combat would be cool. Not sure how it could be done well though.

I think unarmed/fIst weapons could be made viable if they were just given better and faster attack chaining.

As a player who used this build, I can guarantee that simply increasing swing speed would probably not make for a very well adjusted fix. What makes the fist weapons (at least, Caestus) such a poor weapon choice is its range. Quite simply, it has practically nothing. It already swings fast enough that you can hit someone if they don't move, but it's incredibly tight for positioning. Forget spears; shortswords have longer range. (not saying you can't fight them, just that it's hard to do so without parrying, backstabbing, or just sitting and trading blows.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:53 am

Fist weapons have short range - that's something they need to deal with. By "better" movesets, I meant maybe adding lunging attacks or dashing attacks to help deal with that range problem. Someone who uses fist weapons should be nearly the most agile on the battlefield, and giving fist weapons better chain attacks from spamming R1 or mixing in R2 is the only way I can see that happening.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:22 am

The Letter X wrote:Fist weapons have short range - that's something they need to deal with. By "better" movesets, I meant maybe adding lunging attacks or dashing attacks to help deal with that range problem. Someone who uses fist weapons should be nearly the most agile on the battlefield, and giving fist weapons better chain attacks from spamming R1 or mixing in R2 is the only way I can see that happening.

Making the moveset more lunge-y would certainly help out quite a bit, although I see a few other issues:

Firstly, unless you lunge a LOT, you need to be in melee range constantly which is not a good place, as unless you have a shield, you are going to get hit a lot (excluding parries and dodge-dancing, the second of which would make counterattacking fairly difficult). The way I could see to improve this somewhat would be to increase the poise break of fist weapons so you have a shot at actually stopping SOMEONE that doesn't have bare-bones poise.

Secondly is that while, by necessity, boxers would have to be the most mobile, there really isn't a good way to do that. It's simple for the boxer to just wear light armor and fast roll, but the same could easily be done with a rapier, and that outclasses a fist weapon in every way now.

The way I see balancing unarmed attacks is too add a way too boost damage to decent levels (A caestus at 40/40 outshines daggers in damage, but lacks any kind of bleed or other turning point), increase poise break a little, make the attacks lunge-ier, and (as a new idea) maybe allow a temporary Assassin's Creed Style disarm while using bare fists/caestus by parrying and then kicking them (for instance). You get to use whatever weapon they had out at the time and they lose the use of that weapon slot, although they can still switch to their backup weapon.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:25 am

Fist weapons that allow flips and kicks? That could be awesome.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:22 am

I was thinking like daggers. Low damage per hit but very fast and really high crits.

The logic behind the high crits is that most armor wouldn't defend against holds like an armbar, kamora, gilliotine ect. Heavy armor would actually make it tougher to escape holds like that, because the opponent has to contend with not just your strength and weight, but the weight of the armor as well.

Maybe replace the kick with a grab that ignores shields, or maybe does normal damage but acts as a parry if the opponent tried to block it? This would actually give them a big advantage if they were actually close enough to do it.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:49 am

But I like kicking... sad (I realize it was just an example lol)
    Maybe grabs could be R1+L1? Then like the kick, everybody could use them. However, unarmed combatants would have the best grab available as part of their move set. Everyone else could just do a headbutt or something.

I actually just noticed the other day that an unarmed kick is actually a knee strike, I thought that was pretty cool.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:01 am

But how can someone with a weapon in 1 hand and shield in the other do a grab? It would also screw with the unarmed characters close range advantage.

Everybody else would have the respective forward r1s for their main weapon. (usually a kick)
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:39 am

I love the amount of medical arguments here.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:09 pm

Gyonimizotetsu wrote:I love the amount of medical arguments here.

We all do.
    exod FEAR
    exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exod FEAR Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:18 pm

i think your characters looks should change as your level up.

a character in dark souls can have 9 str but be built like the hulk if thats what you pick when you started. doesnt really make sense.

instead, leveling str should make you bigger
    dex could change your posture
    ... any ideas for the rest?
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Well, I don't want my character looking all big and ugly. I want to be like Aizen and be all skinny and Godly when I'm strong
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:57 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:But how can someone with a weapon in 1 hand and shield in the other do a grab? It would also screw with the unarmed characters close range advantage.

Everybody else would have the respective forward r1s for their main weapon. (usually a kick)

Same way the pc magically pulls a weapon out their butt when switching. When you initiate grab, your weapon wouldn't be taken account. If the damage was based on your weapons, then they'd just be treated the same as backstabs.

I was thinking something like this would be the default grab attack. Unarmed, and maybe a few special weapons themselves would have unique grabs.

In case the Devs did want to give each weapon class it's own throw, I think there's plenty of grabs in Tekken and Soul Calibur that wouldn't look completely ridiculous.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:52 pm

For grabs, they can make it so that being unarmed in both hands grants the equivilant of a two-handed bonus for grappling (like the static bonus for two-handing any other weapon). While grappling, perhaps you or I can still attack with your non-grappling hand?
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Might get crap for this but whatever.

I'd like to see a " nerf " of sorts on weapons and items. Obviously they couldn't actually be nerfed yet since the game isn't finished though. I feel like after your first runthrough, the game becomes more of a mad dash for whatever cheap tactic you can grab onto so you can **** in online or even in PvE. I feel as though that would make you rely more on skill rather than cheap bullcrap.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 pm

The thing is, with DkS it's not a varied game so multiple playthroughs aren't warranted. NG+ I'd try if PvP didn't exist, but nerfing all weapons, just to make the game harder just seems unfair. And really, to be honest the only way you can get OP weapons, like a fire great scythe, is to run through areas WAY above your level and risk dying so many times, so they kind of earn that right don't they? Also even these early OP weapons become P later on so it all balances out. Even with a +15 whatever you won't be running through the game like it's a cakewalk, you could get hit off a cliff by the dogs in ToG or swarmed by millions of crystal hollow.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Damn avatars i thought you were talking to yourself.
    FattyOfDoom
    FattyOfDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by FattyOfDoom Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:19 pm

All I want is more weapon variation. To spice things up

And lore. LOTS of lore
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:17 pm

I would like gestures to mean things and a lot more of them.
    What I mean about the gestures is to possibly have a gesture that mean "melee only" or "anything goes" things that pertain to pvp and co-op.
    The ones we have already in DkS definitely fit into the co-op category more than the pvp but we do have both in DkS.
    I just think From can put a game mechanic or just some sort of twist to the gestures to give them a more clever use.
    What do you guys think, and what are some of your ideas if any?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 pm

I would love if you could cancel a Gesture . Would have saved me a lot of lives because i tend to get c0cky and throw a Well What is it in randomly lol!

They doubled the Amounts of gestures from Demons to Dark so i'm certain we get more this time too

Edit: The Forum doesnt like the word co.cky appearantly silly
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:35 am

Marino. wrote:I would love if you could cancel a Gesture . Would have saved me a lot of lives because i tend to get c0cky and throw a Well What is it in randomly lol!

They doubled the Amounts of gestures from Demons to Dark so i'm certain we get more this time too

Edit: The Forum doesnt like the word co.cky appearantly silly
    You can cancel a gesture by quickly choosing another gesture, I believe
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:36 am

Oh_the_Humanity wrote:I would like gestures to mean things and a lot more of them.
    What I mean about the gestures is to possibly have a gesture that mean "melee only" or "anything goes" things that pertain to pvp and co-op.
    The ones we have already in DkS definitely fit into the co-op category more than the pvp but we do have both in DkS.
    I just think From can put a game mechanic or just some sort of twist to the gestures to give them a more clever use.
    What do you guys think, and what are some of your ideas if any?
    And this sounds amazing. From Software, do this or die.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:38 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:But how can someone with a weapon in 1 hand and shield in the other do a grab? It would also screw with the unarmed characters close range advantage.

Same way the pc magically pulls a weapon out their butt when switching. When you initiate grab, your weapon wouldn't be taken account. If the damage was based on your weapons, then they'd just be treated the same as backstabs.
    That can be explained. The devs were to lazy to animate every weapon you have on you at a time, but both a shield and a weapon require at least 1 hand.

I wouldn't be strongly opposed to someone 2handing a weapon being able to grab, but the rapier turtle already has his hands full. I couldn't let that slide with "suspended disbelief"

I'm not a big fan of most gestures. The basic beckon and point (up, forward, down) get the job done.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:41 am

I'm more than satisfied with the amount of gestures we have now. I think I can get my point across by using only points, bows, and shrugs anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:49 am