Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 32 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:The thing is, with DkS it's not a varied game so multiple playthroughs aren't warranted.

Wut? Thats completely wrong.

Multiple playthroughs are definitely warranted, using different builds, ng+ challenge, playing through online with people you know.. there's loads of replay value, the pve can always be freshened up using different weapons or applying restrictions to yourself.

How about you try a scavenger run and see if you think it's not fun?
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:36 pm

FattyOfDoom wrote:All I want is more weapon variation. To spice things up

And lore. LOTS of lore

So much this. My primary concern about DkS2 is that the story delivery will not fit the rest (game is difficult; story should be difficult).
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:42 pm

Bigger areas that are more fun to get through, rather then the small zones we have now that area artificially lengthened by putting cheap deaths in to force you to replay. I'm Looking at you Crystal Caves!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Significantly lower shield stability or dramatically increased shield durability degredation. A 1.5 unit wooden shield stopping multiple swings from a 50 unit axe is something that bothers me (and contributes to the relative underpoweredness of str weapons)
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:31 pm

i agree with that ^ shields are just shields in this game and you just kind of repair every now and then when you sit at a bonfire and are bored. I would like to see players worry a little more maybe with a weapon upgrade path that actually TEARS the armor more wink wink**
    Kuragari
    Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:31 pm

the ability to restat your character, someone someone in firelink or what have you, make it cost like 2 million souls or something rediculous but doable
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:19 pm

You guys have probably already tackled this one, but I noticed the trailer featured shield-less combat and the character being proficient with two weapons. As we all know: trying that in Dark Souls OG is probably an idea better left to masochists.
    People can be good without a shield in their own right, but it just isn't really much of an option to most people and would be cool if it was a viable way to approach combat instead of just getting your finely armored *** handed to you.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:42 pm

Garl_Vinland wrote:You guys have probably already tackled this one, but I noticed the trailer featured shield-less combat and the character being proficient with two weapons. As we all know: trying that in Dark Souls OG is probably an idea better left to masochists.
    People can be good without a shield in their own right, but it just isn't really much of an option to most people and would be cool if it was a viable way to approach combat instead of just getting your finely armored *** handed to you.

I have to say that I don't want this. I like the idea that those who can handle no-shield gameplay as is is fine. I really don't want to see everyone else in PvP dual wield.
    messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 am

The Letter X wrote:
    Garl_Vinland wrote:You guys have probably already tackled this one, but I noticed the trailer featured shield-less combat and the character being proficient with two weapons. As we all know: trying that in Dark Souls OG is probably an idea better left to masochists.

I have to say that I don't want this. I like the idea that those who can handle no-shield gameplay as is is fine. I really don't want to see everyone else in PvP dual wield.

Agreed. I can two-hand every now and then with the right weapon for some PvP success, but in 95% of most scenarios, i'd be dead real quick without a shield! Dual-wielding as a normal gameplay concept would be insanely OP in my opinion. Plus, like you said, freaking everyone would be doing it. The idea (at least to me) is to have mad variety in this next game! That said, i still do like the idea of a few weapons, like the Gold Tracer we have now, being able to be utilized in a proficient dual-wield manner, but also never be able to use them at once (only be able to swing one at a time).
    Kuragari
    Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:45 pm

armor set stats...examples: crit resistance, use the hp regen the shield has, boost magic duration, boost bleed effect, boost resistances and so on...
    messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Kuragari wrote:armor set stats...examples: crit resistance, use the hp regen the shield has, boost magic duration, boost bleed effect, boost resistances and so on...
    Not a bad idea per se, but i think armor set stat bonues defeats the purpose of the deep customization that Dark Souls offers in mixing and matching your armor pieces for a highly original look. I love seeing the total uniqueness of folks online who choose not to go the obvious run-into-the-ground route of Giant Set/Smough Set/Family Mask.

That said, maybe they could make tiny little bonuses for complete sets, as that would obviously benefit the badass cosplayers out there. Nothing OP at all, but something to throw a wee bit of love their way? I.E, the Painting Guardian set as a whole could allow for x2 damage via throwing knives (as well as x2 the posion applied for Poison Throwin Knives). The Priest set as a whole could increase the WOG/Force radius by a meter or some other smaller number, the Hunter Set could add 20% range to all bows and crossbows, the Explorer Set add 25-50 points of Item Discovery, etc. Nothing crazy or of real game-changing quality here, but could be nicely implemented. That aside, i could care less if they do this, but i can't say the idea is far-fetched in the least

Last edited by messremb on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kuragari
    Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:12 pm

messremb wrote:maybe they could make tiny little bonuses for complete sets, as that would obviously benefit the badass cosplayers out there. Nothing OP at all, but something to throw a wee bit of love their way?

that's more or less where i was going, small additions, nothing huge but fun...

but you kinna gave me another idea, maybe if you put certain combinations of armor together it might give you a different stat? but requiring a certain amount of X armor pieces...maybe that's going to far lol
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:58 pm

What if we allowed Armor different upgrade paths like what weapons have?

Enduring: +Poise (2-4, depending on item) - Elemental
    Pure: + Status resist

So on so forth.

I really hope the oppression of Demon's Souls comes back. Keep it super oppressive but leave those "Moments of Beauty" for when you kill a boss, truely rewarding you for you're trouble. I don't know what it is, I think it's how far away the camera is in Dark compared to Demon's.
    jp09

Post by jp09 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:32 am

- The possibility to replay already defeated bosses, any time, any order.
    edit: I'd like to specify, outside the main game of course. Something like a Boss Fight option in menu after New Game, Load Game, etc.

- An arena (like oblivion but only in the looks) where enemies would keep pouring in wave after wave non stop with ascending difficulty. Of course co-op enabled with x number of players (the more the merrier) and maybe throw in the bosses, too (even though I don't know if this can work with the stage beeing the same for every boss). Yeah, I've been heavily inspired by GoW's horde mode but that would be epic for me.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:10 pm

I just want skins man. I would love to be able to skin anything I've already equipped. I'm not saying you could skin a full Havel's set while naked or anything, just the ability to change the look of your character a little. I wouldn't really care about the specifics.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:04 pm

At least 50 character slots. Please... Prostration
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 pm

I want a helmet that shoots out flaming prisms.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:57 pm

i want to get rid of or fix stupid enemies like the mosquito its hit box is tiny and its *** annoying
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:58 pm

mr_no_face wrote:i want to get rid of or fix stupid enemies like the mosquito its hit box is tiny and its *** annoying

No more Bed of Chaos.
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:29 am

Elevators that are ready to go when I get to them *looks at elevators at chamber of the princess and anor londo*
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:43 am

I want weather effects.

And prisms.
    emraluces
    emraluces

Post by emraluces Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Dark souls is primarily a game about deep sorrow and hope. The changes required to enhance these aspects of the game are, then, primarily ones that would affect the living world around you. I would very much like to see changes to the world based on our decisions within that world.

The Dev's have already crafted a world in which decisions are permanent, as in the auto save after every action you take. Remove your shield, autosave. Talk to an npc, autosave. Light a bonfire, autosave. I would like to see the world itself change over time depending on not just one or two specific actions, but based more on the style in which you approach decision making. As I explain to my journalism students, "show me, don't tell me". For example, after assisting fifteen other chosen undead in defeating the bell gargoyles at sl 15, the sun atop the undead church begins to pierce the looming clouds on the horizon a little more, as a nod of approval from the gods. Or perhaps the phantoms of the fallen undead who had been defeated by the Gargoyles because they were fighting on their own, could appear on ledges or towers, peering down at me with folded arms, nodding in appreciation for the assistance I offer so others might not meet the same horrible fate that had befallen them.

Or perhaps those who invade others with the intent on spreading misery might begin to see the phantoms of those they have slain lunging at them, or hear their tormented screams, or see them praying for the wretched darkwraith's soul, in much the same way that we see other players' phantoms from time to time as we explore the world. Or maybe, depending on how many innocent lives a darkwraith has taken, their world might begin to darken as storms approach on the horizon. Imagine being summoned to assist another chosen undead with a boss battle atop a plateau, when upon entering their world, a storm is raging all around you, and a flash of lightning splits the sky and thunder crashes all around you as you try to defeat the wretched beast.

As with any RPG, one of the most important aspects is customization. I agree with previous posters that a system similar to the gesture designation could be applied effectively as a fighting style mechanic. The ability to change your styles at a bonfire would be very effective in further customizing the outward expression of your characters plight. The fighting style's could even be solely for aesthetic purposes. Imagine being able to change the way your character carries himself based on his demeanor. Are you a proud knight who dons his sword on his shoulder with his chin and chest high with pride, or the sorrow laden warrior who hangs his head low with a sickening of the heart, or perhaps you're the rage filled maiden, poisoned by her miserable existence, always in an attack stance, hanging her sword behind her to drag and screech on the ground as she hunts for her next victim.

Lastly, I think previous posters who have mentioned weapon and armor customization are correct, though a deeper aesthetic customization would be welcomed even more. When I play an RPG, I want to be the only one who looks like me. I would like to see, if not every armor set, then at least a handful, that might offer three or four different aesthetic options for different areas of each armor piece. Imagine being able to change the way the elite knight armor set looks by opening or closing the face guard, or choosing between black or brown leather straps, or deciding on flat, curved, or spiked shoulders, or a a choice between spiked or non spiked fingers on the iron glove, or different styles of knee plates. Imagine if just a dozen of the sixty in-game armor sets had four customizable options for each piece, four light four medium and four heavy sets, each with a different lore. Add in some options for dying specific garments including a few different types of neck or shoulder wear, ie capes, scarves or other decorations, and you're set. That would ensure that amid all the options available to the player, the creative ones would never, throughout their entire time with the game, ever run into another chosen undead who looked exactly like them.

These are the types of changes that would continue to compel us to play the game, by enhancing our ability to make the game our own, unique to each of us, not just depending on what our characters do in the game, but depending on who our characters ARE in the game. That, my fellow fallen undead, is the future of gaming. The ability to design the game world and atmosphere as we progress not just through it, but within it.

I really wish that people wouldn't only offer changes to the aspects of the game that they have difficulty with. It becomes quite clear when someone has been chain stabbed into a rage when they offer that the sequel shouldn't have a hornet ring.

One of the greatest things about these games is that every single play style, when it comes to PVP, is entirely counterable and defendale, should you build your character to do so.

After thousands of hours with Dark Souls, I can safely say that it is by far my favorite game ever made. And I am astonished when people decry any changes to the series that would ruin it, like "more accessibility" for new players, then they proceed to offer literally a dozen changes that they would like to see that would absolutely change the majority of the mechanics that we all know and love.

Praise the sun, my fellow chosen undead, Praise the sun.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:38 am

I get that a full suit of metal isn't exactly the quietest thing in the world, but stop with the jingling for gods sake!
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:39 pm

emraluces wrote:Dark souls is primarily a game about deep sorrow and hope. The changes required to enhance these aspects of the game are, then, primarily ones that would affect the living world around you. I would very much like to see changes to the world based on our decisions within that world.

The Dev's have already crafted a world in which decisions are permanent, as in the auto save after every action you take. Remove your shield, autosave. Talk to an npc, autosave. Light a bonfire, autosave. I would like to see the world itself change over time depending on not just one or two specific actions, but based more on the style in which you approach decision making. As I explain to my journalism students, "show me, don't tell me". For example, after assisting fifteen other chosen undead in defeating the bell gargoyles at sl 15, the sun atop the undead church begins to pierce the looming clouds on the horizon a little more, as a nod of approval from the gods. Or perhaps the phantoms of the fallen undead who had been defeated by the Gargoyles because they were fighting on their own, could appear on ledges or towers, peering down at me with folded arms, nodding in appreciation for the assistance I offer so others might not meet the same horrible fate that had befallen them.

Or perhaps those who invade others with the intent on spreading misery might begin to see the phantoms of those they have slain lunging at them, or hear their tormented screams, or see them praying for the wretched darkwraith's soul, in much the same way that we see other players' phantoms from time to time as we explore the world. Or maybe, depending on how many innocent lives a darkwraith has taken, their world might begin to darken as storms approach on the horizon. Imagine being summoned to assist another chosen undead with a boss battle atop a plateau, when upon entering their world, a storm is raging all around you, and a flash of lightning splits the sky and thunder crashes all around you as you try to defeat the wretched beast.

As with any RPG, one of the most important aspects is customization. I agree with previous posters that a system similar to the gesture designation could be applied effectively as a fighting style mechanic. The ability to change your styles at a bonfire would be very effective in further customizing the outward expression of your characters plight. The fighting style's could even be solely for aesthetic purposes. Imagine being able to change the way your character carries himself based on his demeanor. Are you a proud knight who dons his sword on his shoulder with his chin and chest high with pride, or the sorrow laden warrior who hangs his head low with a sickening of the heart, or perhaps you're the rage filled maiden, poisoned by her miserable existence, always in an attack stance, hanging her sword behind her to drag and screech on the ground as she hunts for her next victim.

Lastly, I think previous posters who have mentioned weapon and armor customization are correct, though a deeper aesthetic customization would be welcomed even more. When I play an RPG, I want to be the only one who looks like me. I would like to see, if not every armor set, then at least a handful, that might offer three or four different aesthetic options for different areas of each armor piece. Imagine being able to change the way the elite knight armor set looks by opening or closing the face guard, or choosing between black or brown leather straps, or deciding on flat, curved, or spiked shoulders, or a a choice between spiked or non spiked fingers on the iron glove, or different styles of knee plates. Imagine if just a dozen of the sixty in-game armor sets had four customizable options for each piece, four light four medium and four heavy sets, each with a different lore. Add in some options for dying specific garments including a few different types of neck or shoulder wear, ie capes, scarves or other decorations, and you're set. That would ensure that amid all the options available to the player, the creative ones would never, throughout their entire time with the game, ever run into another chosen undead who looked exactly like them.

These are the types of changes that would continue to compel us to play the game, by enhancing our ability to make the game our own, unique to each of us, not just depending on what our characters do in the game, but depending on who our characters ARE in the game. That, my fellow fallen undead, is the future of gaming. The ability to design the game world and atmosphere as we progress not just through it, but within it.

I really wish that people wouldn't only offer changes to the aspects of the game that they have difficulty with. It becomes quite clear when someone has been chain stabbed into a rage when they offer that the sequel shouldn't have a hornet ring.

One of the greatest things about these games is that every single play style, when it comes to PVP, is entirely counterable and defendale, should you build your character to do so.

After thousands of hours with Dark Souls, I can safely say that it is by far my favorite game ever made. And I am astonished when people decry any changes to the series that would ruin it, like "more accessibility" for new players, then they proceed to offer literally a dozen changes that they would like to see that would absolutely change the majority of the mechanics that we all know and love.

This post is full of wisdom. I agree completely. Prostration
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:34 pm

emraluces wrote:Dark souls is primarily a game about deep sorrow and hope. The changes required to enhance these aspects of the game are, then, primarily ones that would affect the living world around you. I would very much like to see changes to the world based on our decisions within that world.

For starters, Welcome to the community, you have a lot of great things to say. A game of Dark Souls tailored to us as a unique player? That would be amazing!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:58 am