Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Different Reptilian Species Which Inhabit Lordran

Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Different Reptilian Species Which Inhabit Lordran Empty Different Reptilian Species Which Inhabit Lordran

Post by Djem Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Here I'll try to list each and every type of reptile we encounter in Dark Souls, and add some little information along the way. As we all know not much of what I write here is cannon, and I would appreciate any contribution you guys can make.

Sub-group: Lizard
    Number of species: 3
    1. Basilisk
    Able to curse humans.
    2. Crystal Lizard
    They have crystals etched to their backs, we might associate them with Seath.
    3.Tree Lizard
    Found in Darkroot Garden. They have two heads and tend to ambush their targets.

Sub-group: Dragon
    Number of species: 4
    1. Drake:
    They have legs and two wings.
    -Blue Drake
    Many located in the Valley of Drakes. They breathe lightning as an attack.
    -Red Drake
    Only one known, Hellkite Drake. It breathes flame as an attack.

2. Everlasting Dragon:
    They have legs, arms, and four wings.
    -Ancient Everlasting Dragon
    The usual type of Everlasting Dragon. We see some of them in the intro of Dark Souls. Seath the Scaleless also belongs to this type of Everlasting Dragon, but since he is an albino, he is vastly deformed.
    -Descendant
    Gaping Dragon belongs to this type. Referred to as "a distant, deformed descendant of the everlasting dragons" The Stone Dragon of Ash Lake also belongs to this type, though he is much more alike the Anicent Everlasting Dragons than the Gaping Dragon.

3. Ancient Dragon:
    They have legs, arms, and two wings.
    -One Eyed
    The Black Dragon Kalameet is the only one of this kind we know of.
    -Three Eyed
    We only see one of this kind, in the Dark Souls II trailer. Seems to have two wings like Kalameet. None can be found in Lordran.

4. Crossbreed
    -Half Dragon, Half Unknown
    Only a single one known to exist; Priscilla. Has the tail of a dragon, a body reminiscent of humans, and seems to have white dragon-like leather that covers her body.

Sub-group: Serpent
    "The serpent is an imperfect dragon and symbol of the Undead." -Covetous Silver Serpent Ring
    Number of species: 2
    1. Hydra
    2. Primordial Serpent
    One of the more intelligent type of reptilians, along with Everlasting Dragons.

Sub-group: Humanoid
    We see this kind in Sen's Fortress and The Duke's Archives. They are most likely the result of Seath's experiments about the nature of the Scales of Immortality.
    Number of species: 3
    1. Four Armed Man Serpent
    2. Two Armed Man Serpent
    3. Pisaca

Last edited by Djem on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Different Reptilian Species Which Inhabit Lordran Empty Re: Different Reptilian Species Which Inhabit Lordran

Post by Yukon Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Nice, this is a good summary of the reptilian species of Lordran.
    Would you also consider dragon covenant members with humanoid or with the everlasting dragon, likewise would you considere the frogs in the forest or pisaca in dukes archives?

They are more amphibious but they'd probably get lonely all by themselves, just a thought.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Different Reptilian Species Which Inhabit Lordran Empty Re: Different Reptilian Species Which Inhabit Lordran

Post by Djem Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Ah, Pisacas, absolutely. I am not so sure about the Dragon Covenant members and the frog-like creatures in the Darkroot Garden though, need to look into those more. But after you mentioned Darkroot Garden, I remembered the two headed snake there who attacks you from a tree!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:02 pm

The Tree Lizards.

:estus:

I would say that Kalameet is an ancient dragon, as well as possibly Seath... I am not sure that they are everlasting. But okay.

the Gaping and Stone only show signs of being descendants of the Everlasting Dragons that are now dead and gone. Gaping being near gone from resemblance, with Stone being closer. Kalameet shows no signs of Descendant, nor does Seath.

Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:11 pm

What is the difference between an Ancient Dragon and a Drake? I thought Seath the Scaleless was an albino Everlasting Dragon because of the intro, which says "betrayed his own" meaning he is one of them. More information please, and I will differentiate them!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:16 pm

No... Look at Seath's Physicality compared to the Everlasting, and you will see VAST difference. Vast.

A Drake seems to show resemblence of a lesser dragon. Dragons are known to have four arms, yet the Drakes are seen as half dragons... creatures that have arms of wings, instead of both arms and wings. They both share Dragon Breath, and they both hold powers. Yet, the Drakes seem to be... lesser in form and power, compared to the Dragon. They seem more reptile like than the Dragons, which the Dragons usually have qualities of... birds, if that makes sense. More magical if not, usually something you would not see it as being... Have you ever noticed how Seath, Everlasting, Stone, Kalameet, and Dragoinoids are near smooth? The only one that shows scales is Gaping... and even they see it is a deformed descendant of the everlasting. It seems to follow high similarities to the Cobra Men, more so than most dragons... The Drakes are more reptile like, compared to the bird/smooth dragons.

Hydras are smooth as well, yet they drop scales too. The intro showed a dragon that seemed to have the same smooth flesh as Kalameet... even the Everlasting Dragons show signs of their body being smooth, and you don't see the scales of basic reptiles.

It is what I have seen.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Alright I will change some of the categories, but I still disagree with you on Seath. I think Seath is an Everlasting Dragon, but he was born sick and deformed. That is why he is trying to make his own Scales of Immortality, he is trying to cure himself. I don't think he belongs to his own seperate kind of Dragons.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 pm

Okay then.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:42 pm

I have modified the categories Acidic_Cook, please let me know what you think. I appreciate the help.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Hm...

The Crossbreed of the painted world I think is the last one...

Hm... yup. Only one. The Crossbreed is a half of a dragon, so... :estus:
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Hm...

The Crossbreed of the painted world I think is the last one...

Hm... yup. Only one. The Crossbreed is a half of a dragon, so... :estus:
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:03 pm

And done! A complete list of reptilians in Dark Souls! Thanks for the help.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:04 pm

No problem.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:27 am