Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
T-King-667
SlakeMoth
DE5PA1R
Phaederuss
Mr. Tart
Elite Knight
Xero
ak1287
ViralEnsign_
Rynn
BartholomewWenceslas
Acarnatia
gaarafrednorris
CaptanSpudsy
X-government-agent
Tomhet
Infighter
ComaPrison
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Strigoi
Marino.
Yukon
Reyl
Zeta Prime
Argetlam350
vixder/pennywise
The Letter X
MasterofShadows
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sloth9230
Onion Knight
Juutas
ChillerHR
38 posters

GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

Poll

Should they give it back to Miyazaki?

[ 27 ]
    GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 5 I_vote_lcap71%GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [71%] 
    [ 11 ]
    GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 5 I_vote_lcap29%GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [29%] 

Total Votes: 38
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 5 Empty Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

Post by DE5PA1R Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Onion Knight wrote:
    Oh , so suddenly any director other than Miyzaki has no vision? Makes logical sense. Totally.
    Game direction is another kettle of fish to film direction, it's a collaborative effort, all the decisions are made by the team, not one man.
    Wish people would stop doing an ENB and hero worshipping Miyazaki whilst ignoring what the rest of the team did, contributing all credit solely to him.

Sorry, but history begs to differ. Yes, some great things have come from collaboration. And of course you always need a talented team to make exceptional products. But the leader is the glue that holds it all together and gives everyone a necessary sense of direction. The vast majority of progress has been made by key, Earth-moving individuals who assembled and guided a talented team. See: Carnegie; Ford; Frank Lloyd Wright; Gates; Jobs.

Almost all of the extremely talented team is still at Apple, but that doesn't change the fact that we are watching it go down the tubes.
    Strigoi
    Strigoi

Post by Strigoi Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:59 pm

ComaPrison wrote:- We all play the same character? Check.
    - Simple, straightforward story? Check.
    - Difficulty slider? Check.
    - Invasions replaced with Capture the Flag and Team Deathmatch? Check.
    - Journal and maps so no one gets lost? Check.
    - Quicktime events? Check.
    - Customizable vehicles? Check.
    - Love interest? Check.
    - Sells more units than Dark Souls? Check!

No one has ever said that these things are a part of the game, or even how the rumours of what may come will impact the game.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Strigoi wrote:
    ComaPrison wrote:- We all play the same character? Check.
    - Simple, straightforward story? Check.
    - Difficulty slider? Check.
    - Invasions replaced with Capture the Flag and Team Deathmatch? Check.
    - Journal and maps so no one gets lost? Check.
    - Quicktime events? Check.
    - Customizable vehicles? Check.
    - Love interest? Check.
    - Sells more units than Dark Souls? Check!

No one has ever said that these things are a part of the game, or even how the rumours of what may come will impact the game.

lol!
    I tried that already
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:22 pm

I think Myazake would be the first to acknowledge how important his team is and the fantastic contribution they made to the Souls games. However, it was his vision that set the 'tone' of the games initially and his successor cannot help but want to put his own stamp on the game, so the new Dark Souls, in my opinion, will not have the same feel.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:30 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:I think Myazake would be the first to acknowledge how important his team is and the fantastic contribution they made to the Souls games. However, it was his vision that set the 'tone' of the games initially and his successor cannot help but want to put his own stamp on the game, so the new Dark Souls, in my opinion, will not have the same feel.

I'd prefer it like that, I wanna see what this new Director's got. Instead of seeing how good he is at imitating Miyazaki.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:07 am

I dont want him to imitate Miyazaki.

And hear me out.

If Miyazaki was working as director then I'd want the game to remain the same. The tone, settings etc.

But since he isnt I would like to see if Shibuya can do what Miyazaki did and capture another audience (this one having to include old DKS and DeS vets and newer players) while keeping to the games Dark Fantasy and Punishing Gameplay.

Miyazaki isnt the only guy who can make a hard game.
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:19 am

lol the real question isn't whether other people can make hard games. The real question is whether the new directors would be WILLING to do so AGAINST the will of BAMCO.

Considering the new directors were unilaterally appointed by BAMCO, how can we not worry that they're just pawns to push BAMCO's mainstreaming (AKA MAKING IT EASIER) agenda at all costs?
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:32 am

ComaPrison wrote:lol the real question isn't whether other people can make hard games. The real question is whether the new directors would be WILLING to do so AGAINST the will of BAMCO.

I really, really doubt that Bandai is that stupid. My guess is that they think the difficulty is the only reason the Souls games are popular - ignoring the fact that it's a combination of difficulty, the rest of the insanely great games, and the community that contributed to their success.

Considering the new directors were unilaterally appointed by BAMCO...

Pardon?
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:43 am

DE5PA1R wrote:
    ComaPrison wrote:lol the real question isn't whether other people can make hard games. The real question is whether the new directors would be WILLING to do so AGAINST the will of BAMCO.

I really, really doubt that Bandai is that stupid. My guess is that they think the difficulty is the only reason the Souls games are popular - ignoring the fact that it's a combination of difficulty, the rest of the insanely great games, and the community that contributed to their success.

Considering the new directors were unilaterally appointed by BAMCO...

Pardon?

You didn't read the interview with Miyazaki? He (and a Namco producer later confirmed this) clearly stated that the directors were a Namco decision. Miyazaki had no input. I can't believe how many fans don't realize, don't understand, or are in denial that Miyazaki's "supervisor" role is solely a figurehead position. He explicitly said in the interview that he has ABSOLUTELY no role in development, even as "supervisor". It's a completely hands off role that exists solely to keep Miyazaki's name associated with the series a.k.a. for him to save face. And for Namco to avoid pissing more fans off.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:01 am

Dark Souls was almost solely marketed on its difficulty. Namco Bandai isn't that dumb. They've already assured the community that the next game will retain its signature difficulty. Why would they do the very opposite and just "make the game easier"?
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 am

MasterofShadows wrote:Namco Bandai isn't that dumb.

Challenge accepted!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:04 am

If they continue to advertise it as hard and then make the next game easy, then they're reputation goes down the toilet. They're not that dumb. They didn't force the Tekken guy to release his Dlc at a price, I doubt they'd force these guys to tone down the difficulty.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:12 am

I sure don't think Namco Bandai are dumb, however i'm still suspicious as to how the game will turn out with this change. Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't they just milk the **** out of the Soul Calibur series? I loved the first few SC games, but they f*cked the series up...
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:23 am

Mr. Tart wrote:I sure don't think Namco Bandai are dumb, however i'm still suspicious as to how the game will turn out with this change. Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't they just milk the **** out of the Soul Calibur series? I loved the first few SC games, but they f*cked the series up...

Ehh, there's not much room for innovation with the souls series, and there DlC tends to be just customization parts anyway.

When : I said soul series I meant the fighting game lol

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:04 am

Not gonna lie, when the trailer was first released and i heard that it was being lead by a new directer i was nervous to say the least. But when Miyazaki himself stated that he couldent come up with anything new for the souls series so thats what made him step down from his position. No its not like the rest of the staff had a vote and kicked him out, he himself dident want to be the directer. But he handed off his high chair to two new directors. One worked on titles like "Resident evil outbreak" and some of the "monster hunter" titles. (Resident evil outbreak being by far my favorite online experiance ever played... yes it even overtook demons/dark souls) And monster hunter is also extreamly fun online (i only played the first on ps2) and that game is harder than hell. But with that said im happy that he handed the high chair to him! As for the other directer i dont have a sweet clue about him. Some other words of encouragement they stated that the game will release when they believe it is absolutely perfect. They will not rush it like last time.
    I can say more but im remaining optimistic about this. The new directors are in and Miyazaki is standing down for the good of the series.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:30 am

Guys, kindly stop blowing up about the new directors and what not. Miyazaki didn't even want to make dlc much less a sequel. So just leave it alone. Be patient the game may turn out to be better than you think. But don't just hate flame it because it's not the same director anymore
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:48 am

ComaPrison wrote:
    Elite Knight wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:Oh, for Juniper's sake! Put some spring into your step!

Sorry, this is a bit off-topic but I just have to ask: What is your avatar picture from? It's amazing.

On topic, I would love it if Miyazaki could stay, but it was a team decision to remove him from the director's chair. I have faith that the new director will lead the team in the right direction, but I have to say, I don't believe he can emulate Miyazaki.

The new director's goal never was to emulate Miyazaki. In fact, it's most likely he was chosen specifically because he was willing to bend to Namco's will on design decisions that Miyazaki would've been resistant to. They specifically said that they want to go in an entirely new direction. I'm just more baffled about how many fans are in complete denial of that fact. They don't kick out Miyazaki just to bring in a Miyazaki emulator. They kick out Miyazaki because they want to go in a different direction and he would resist it.

Perhaps I should have expanded my explanation. I have faith Shibuya will deliver us a good game. However, I don't think he'll have the passion and drive put forth into this game that Miyazaki had. When I say emulate, I don't mean how resistant he is to Namco's agenda, I mean in terms of spirit, passion. How much does this guy truly care about producing a great game, or how much does he just cares about profits? We can't know at this point.

Last edited by Elite Knight on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:53 pm

ChillerHR wrote:I'm not in love with the guy but I stand amazed how you guys keep undermining directors influence!
    Man directed two Souls games, and now he's not important any more?

So Hideo Kojima is not important for MGS series?
    Fumito Ueda is not most important man behind creation of ICO and SotC?

Never thought of it that way...!

I think you missed the big part where the new director is Awesome. It's mainly you whoare undermining the new director than the other way around
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:54 pm

And what's up with most people doubting Shibuya. That guy's a freakin' genious, Acknowledge please =/
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:32 pm

hageshisa wrote:

I think you missed the big part where the new director is Awesome. It's mainly you whoare undermining the new director than the other way around

Oh man, I've never heard of him and never played anything that he directed, as I said before - I've learned to appriciate great games and their directors like Kojima, Ueda, Miyazaki...

Maybe he is awesome and I'd like to be proven wrong of course, but me, ENB and majority of this poll voters do not agree with you...but share my concerns!

Man why you don't run your own poll about Shibuya, explain how great and why awesome he is, and give us something to vote on?

One other thing, how come it's Shibuya awesomeness only, what about other director, and what about the fact that they need two directors to replace one?
    How awesome that old one is then?

They lulled Old One back to his slumber...

sad
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:36 pm

ChillerHR wrote:
    hageshisa wrote:

Oh man, I've never heard of him and never played anything that he directed, as I said before - I've learned to appriciate great games and their directors like Kojima, Ueda, Miyazaki...

Maybe he is awesome and I'd like to be proven wrong of course, but me, ENB and majority of this poll voters do not agree with you...but share my concerns!

Man why you don't run your own poll about Shibuya, explain how great and why awesome he is, and give us something to vote on?

One other thing, how come it's Shibuya awesomeness only, what about other director, and what about the fact that they need two directors to replace one?
    How awesome that old one is then?

They lulled Old One back to his slumber...

sad

If you start a poll like this you have to be willing to listen to the people who disagree with you not just the guys who agree.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Of course, I welcome each and every oppinion, I just don't tend to bend easy on lame arguments, and "wait and see" is not good enough either...
    It'll be too late!

We debate NOW, about what we have now...

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:48 pm

Fair enough. But as I've found from forums and many other discussions.... most people arent willing to change their minds about things like this. Convincing people like that is next to impossible.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Well I agree with you Ensign...do you think we shoud ask to close this thread/poll?
    Or should we wait and encourage discussion?
    Well nobody is rude to anybody, it's almost pleasant chat...
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:01 pm

I'd like to point out that we're confusing 2 different people with the same name. The co-director of Dark Souls II, Shibuya, is a different person than the MH director. Along with the other DkS2 co-director, this Shibuya was promoted within From.

(Edit) Source: http://www.giantbomb.com/tomohiro-shibuya/72-103366/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:14 am