Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
T-King-667
SlakeMoth
DE5PA1R
Phaederuss
Mr. Tart
Elite Knight
Xero
ak1287
ViralEnsign_
Rynn
BartholomewWenceslas
Acarnatia
gaarafrednorris
CaptanSpudsy
X-government-agent
Tomhet
Infighter
ComaPrison
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Strigoi
Marino.
Yukon
Reyl
Zeta Prime
Argetlam350
vixder/pennywise
The Letter X
MasterofShadows
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sloth9230
Onion Knight
Juutas
ChillerHR
38 posters

GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

Poll

Should they give it back to Miyazaki?

[ 27 ]
    GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 2 I_vote_lcap71%GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [71%] 
    [ 11 ]
    GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [29%] 

Total Votes: 38
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 2 Empty Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

Post by Yukon Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:21 pm

I haven't read the article, but, I was under the impression it directly said there would be vehicle use. IF it was just a picture I'd like to point out the concept art for dark souls also had a 'vehicle' in its concept art. The darkwraith on a horse:
    Spoiler:

So this isn't really a new concept brought about by the new director. Just something they feel confident to take on now I think.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Yukon wrote:I haven't read the article, but, I was under the impression it directly said there would be vehicle use. IF it was just a picture I'd like to point out the concept art for dark souls also had a 'vehicle' in its concept art. The darkwraith on a horse:
    Spoiler:

So this isn't really a new concept brought about by the new director. Just something they feel confident to take on now I think.

Dat... dat... Dat cape!
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:37 pm

MasterofShadows wrote:

One thing that I've begun to realize about ENB is that he is not always objective about his opinions. That alone should show why he can't speak for the entire Soul's community.

Oh man...one can not be objective about his own opinions, it's oxymoron...did you mean objective IN he's opinions?
    Who ever said that Marcus is comunity spokesman?
    He is just respected by many...
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:45 pm

ChillerHR wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:

One thing that I've begun to realize about ENB is that he is not always objective about his opinions. That alone should show why he can't speak for the entire Soul's community.

Oh man...one can not be objective about his own opinions, it's oxymoron...
    Who ever said that Marcus is comunity spokesman?
    He is just respected by many...

Actually, you can form an opinion while trying to remain objective. The person who is trying to be objective is the one who recognizes all of the internal influences that are attempting to drive that person's stance. A person that is attempting to form an objective opinion is the person who is trying to suppress their feelings and emotions, and just look at the facts as rationally as possible.

ENB has basically admitted, more than once, that he is biased.. This means that he is not fully capable of being objective about the issue, because of the personal feelings he has about the situation.

Of course nobody explicitly said that ENB is the community spokesperson. You know that I'm not accusing you of saying that, so there is no point in going there. What I'm saying is that ENB deserves a lot respect, but sometimes the level of respect that he receives is a bit unwarranted. He's just a starstruck fan like you and me, and what he says should be taken with just as much of a grain of salt as anyone else.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:50 pm

I have no worries whatsoever .
    And calm down People, we only saw an awesome Trailer so far and some Interviews that stated that Mya is gone .

Now that i think about it i would not mind if it was made more Casual.
    I have played Demons since Day one and had little to no Problems in Dark Souls when i first played it, so i dont really think they can suprise me with much Gameplay wise silly

So if the games get " casualised" and more People start to play it its a Win for me happy
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Marino. wrote:I have no worries whatsoever .
    And calm down People, we only saw an awesome Trailer so far and some Interviews that stated that Mya is gone .

Now that i think about it i would not mind if it was made more Casual.
    I have played Demons since Day one and had little to no Problems in Dark Souls when i first played it, so i dont really think they can suprise me with much Gameplay wise silly

So if the games get " casualised" and more People start to play it its a Win for me happy

Exaclty, Veterans wouldn't find the game that hard even if it was as hard as Demon's souls. The Souls games are hard because of their learning curve, nothing else. So as long as they don't ruin PVP most changes are welcome with me.
    Strigoi
    Strigoi

Post by Strigoi Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:58 pm

This game is coming out in 2014, or even later. Nobody knows. So everybody should just calm down. It seems like the whole community is freaking out.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:05 pm

MasterofShadows wrote:Actually, you can form an opinion while trying to remain objective. The person who is trying to be objective is the one who recognizes all of the internal influences that are attempting to drive that person's stance. A person that is attempting to form an objective opinion is the person who is trying to suppress their feelings and emotions, and just look at the facts as rationally as possible.

OK, so you ment objective IN he's opinion, I got it...
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Strigoi wrote:This game is coming out in 2014, or even later. Nobody knows. So everybody should just calm down. It seems like the whole community is freaking out.

No, not the whole community. Just a small part, that small part makes a lot of noise though.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Spurgun wrote:
    Strigoi wrote:This game is coming out in 2014, or even later. Nobody knows. So everybody should just calm down. It seems like the whole community is freaking out.

No, not the whole community. Just a small part, that small part makes a lot of noise though.

The Butt ? lol!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:21 pm

There needs a sit on the fence option, I think it may have been too early to remove Miyazaki, but I think the new guys have some good ideas by the sound of it..

This poll would be better after playing game rather than base opinions on one interview.
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:36 pm

I, for one, am looking forward to my horse-drawn chariot quick time event bosses! If half of the game's action is that, and the other half is inventory management, then DS2 is definitely going to be GOTY!
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Just, CALM DOWN.

We don't have even game play trailer, and already half of community freaks out that the game is going to be bad. We have only CG trailer, the game is in his earliest production phase. And people take interviews too far. There might be tons of translation errors and I say MIGHT. They constantly saying word "easy" and I find it gimmicky, they are trying to attract new players, and bigger interest,and I can probably guarantee It won't be easier than Dark Souls or maybe even harder.

ENB, Should realize, and explain his words more precisely, because when he says that souls series era is ended for him. People don't even think themselves and freak out and jump "OHH OHH Souls died OOH OOH", Like really people, really? And no I don't hate on ENB, he is good guy and I do watch his videos they are entertaining and consist tons of information, he made me think about lore.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:13 pm

The interview is indeed heartbreaking for me. I suspected but hadn't confirmed that Miyazaki was the guy that put the ambiguity in the Souls games and for me that's one of the series' greatest features. If they take that away, then I simply won't play it.

The same goes for character creation, if they remove that I simply won't even bother buying it.
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:16 pm

- We all play the same character? Check.
    - Simple, straightforward story? Check.
    - Difficulty slider? Check.
    - Invasions replaced with Capture the Flag and Team Deathmatch? Check.
    - Journal and maps so no one gets lost? Check.
    - Quicktime events? Check.
    - Customizable vehicles? Check.
    - Love interest? Check.
    - Sells more units than Dark Souls? Check!
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:17 pm

ComaPrison wrote:- We all play the same character? Check.
    - Simple, straightforward story? Check.
    - Difficulty slider? Check.
    - Invasions replaced with Capture the Flag and Team Deathmatch? Check.
    - Journal and maps so no one gets lost? Check.
    - Quicktime events? Check.
    - Customizable vehicles? Check.
    - Love interest? Check.
    - Sells more units than Dark Souls? Check!

What are you talking about ?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Marino, he's trolling.

ComaPrison wrote:I, for one, am looking forward to my horse-drawn chariot quick time event bosses! If half of the game's action is that, and the other half is inventory management, then DS2 is definitely going to be GOTY!

ComaPrison wrote:When the new director says he wants to add more action, what he really means is quick time cinematic combat sequences.

ComaPrison wrote:This is what they mean when they say they want the game to have "more action". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJqbQ7wVZ58

DS2 will be a must-have pre-order!

Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Stop spoiling my fun Sloth :x

I feed on Trollage silly
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Marino. wrote:Stop spoiling my fun Sloth :x

I feed on Trollage silly

Aye, I hear it's filled with nutrients.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Yeah, he just posted that same nonsense on one of ENB's videos, despite the fact that the video itself doesn't confirm any of that.
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Sure, I may be trolling, but deep down you're afraid that what I predict will really come to pass. I'm afraid too 🇳🇴

It wouldn't exactly be new for a great thing to be destroyed by greed, the profit motive, and mainstreaming. I'm just trying to lower the hell out of all of our expectations now so we won't be as disappointed when we find out that half of those depressing predictions turn out to be correct.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:55 pm

ComaPrison wrote:Sure, I may be trolling, but deep down you're afraid that what I predict will really come to pass. I'm afraid too 🇳🇴

It wouldn't exactly be new for a great thing to be destroyed by greed, the profit motive, and mainstreaming.

Stop it ! Stop..not..Trolling im starving !!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:59 pm

ComaPrison: Indeed, I can never buy from capcom again without feeling ripped off :pale:
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:53 pm

ComaPrison wrote:Sure, I may be trolling, but deep down you're afraid that what I predict will really come to pass. I'm afraid too 🇳🇴

It wouldn't exactly be new for a great thing to be destroyed by greed, the profit motive, and mainstreaming. I'm just trying to lower the hell out of all of our expectations now so we won't be as disappointed when we find out that half of those depressing predictions turn out to be correct.

Of course, its a basic psychological survival technique, designed to protect oneself from potential emotional harm. Just say that it will suck, and the disappointment won't hit you so hard, because you've already prepared yourself emotionally. My only problem with this is that it tends to cause people to resort to irrational arguments to justify it, like making assumptions that have little to no basis, and acting as if there is an actual basis.
    X-government-agent
    X-government-agent
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by X-government-agent Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:09 pm

I wish he was still involved and early stuff I hear doesn't sound great but can't judge it really did we see some gameplay

Last edited by X-government-agent on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:19 am