Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
T-King-667
SlakeMoth
DE5PA1R
Phaederuss
Mr. Tart
Elite Knight
Xero
ak1287
ViralEnsign_
Rynn
BartholomewWenceslas
Acarnatia
gaarafrednorris
CaptanSpudsy
X-government-agent
Tomhet
Infighter
ComaPrison
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Strigoi
Marino.
Yukon
Reyl
Zeta Prime
Argetlam350
vixder/pennywise
The Letter X
MasterofShadows
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Sloth9230
Onion Knight
Juutas
ChillerHR
38 posters

GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

Poll

Should they give it back to Miyazaki?

[ 27 ]
    GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 4 I_vote_lcap71%GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [71%] 
    [ 11 ]
    GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 4 I_vote_lcap29%GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [29%] 

Total Votes: 38
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI - Page 4 Empty Re: GIVE IT BACK TO MIYAZAKI

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:13 am

Indeed Rynn. When I found out about all the things that got cut from Dark Souls I realized that despite being a great game, it could have been even better.
    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:14 am

If I completely lacked the capacity to think for myself, I'd jump on this 'Bring Miyazaki back' train.

I don't lack that capacity, though. So I'm being what is commonly called 'a goddamn adult' and not doom-and-glooming until I know more.

Also, as much as I enjoy ENB, he doesn't speak for me, and probably never will. I agree more often with MasterofShadows than I do ENB. No offense to the guy, I love and enjoy his videos.
    Xero
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xero Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:25 am

Miyazaki? I thought the name of the studio that made the souls games was FromSoftware not Miyazaki. Maybe i was wrong.
    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:31 am

Xero wrote:Miyazaki? I thought the name of the studio that made the souls games was FromSoftware not Miyazaki. Maybe i was wrong.

Nah man, studios don't make games; it's all down to one person. Didn't Chiller fill you in on that little nugget of wisdom?
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:15 am

I totally wouldn't be surprised if Dark Souls 2 ended up being easy mode and hand holding you all the way through.
    ak1287
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ak1287 Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:22 am

ComaPrison wrote:I totally wouldn't be surprised if Dark Souls 2 ended up being easy mode and hand holding you all the way through.

Yeah, we got that the first 19 times you said the exact same thing.

If you gotta troll for your life validation, that's fine. But at least try and mix it up.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:33 am

MasterofShadows wrote:Oh, for Juniper's sake! Put some spring into your step!

Sorry, this is a bit off-topic but I just have to ask: What is your avatar picture from? It's amazing.

On topic, I would love it if Miyazaki could stay, but it was a team decision to remove him from the director's chair. I have faith that the new director will lead the team in the right direction, but I have to say, I don't believe he can emulate Miyazaki.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:21 am

It just strikes me as odd that they would remove the man who put so much of himself into two really popular games.

I dont mind eitherway. Shibuya or Miyazaki we will have to see who the better director is!
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ComaPrison Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:56 am

Elite Knight wrote:

Sorry, this is a bit off-topic but I just have to ask: What is your avatar picture from? It's amazing.

On topic, I would love it if Miyazaki could stay, but it was a team decision to remove him from the director's chair. I have faith that the new director will lead the team in the right direction, but I have to say, I don't believe he can emulate Miyazaki.

The new director's goal never was to emulate Miyazaki. In fact, it's most likely he was chosen specifically because he was willing to bend to Namco's will on design decisions that Miyazaki would've been resistant to. They specifically said that they want to go in an entirely new direction. I'm just more baffled about how many fans are in complete denial of that fact. They don't kick out Miyazaki just to bring in a Miyazaki emulator. They kick out Miyazaki because they want to go in a different direction and he would resist it.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:40 am

Tomhet wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:Okay, so you prefer Eastern developers over Western.

That wasn't my point at all. Soul Reaver was developed by an American woman and I love Half Life. I'm just saying that big Western studios tend to make clones of previous entries of their franchises, that's why individual talent is usually overlooked.

Someone else mentioned ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, that's a very good example of a personal project, without the director I doubt they would as awesome as they are. But I NEVER said that all Japanese games were good :roll:

Well, for what its worth, I apologize for misunderstanding you.

Edit: But its still obvious that you think Japanese developers are better. Don't try to reword it. Again, I've seen just as much drivel and garbage from Japan as I have seen from the West.

Last edited by MasterofShadows on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:44 am

Elite Knight wrote:

Oh, its from the official artwork of the Pathfinder tabletop RPG game. In case you don't pathfinder was developed for those who preferred DnD 3.5 over the new nonsense that is being pushed out by WotC. Pathfinder is simply a rewrite of the DnD 3.5 rules, and strives to fix its issues without throwing the rest of it out. It has a HUGE community now.

Anyways, enough history. The avatar is basically Assassin prestige class. The race is a half-orc, half human, I believe.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:53 pm

[quote="ak1287"]
    Xero wrote:Nah man, studios don't make games; it's all down to one person. Didn't Chiller fill you in on that little nugget of wisdom?

lol man!

Point to me exactly where I imposed thought that you impose on me in your post?
    Take caution in your tone because I for one thing express my oppinion, and you on the other hand are misquoting me and play wiseass joker, but meaning in your post, except trolling my thread, escapes me?
    I explained why I think director is key figure, and gave examples...

You are welcome to present your point of view on the matter, but stop mocking and trolling!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:00 pm

I have yet to hear your opinion actually, All I've heard is that you agree with ENB. What exactly is your opinion, and how is it that you've already decided that this new director is gunna suck without giving him a chance?
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:I have yet to hear your opinion actually, All I've heard is that you agree with ENB. What exactly is your opinion, and how is it that you've already decided that this new director is gunna suck without giving him a chance?

Well I thought I wrote that I think they diched Miyazaki to embrace more money less hardcore concept.

I think in fact that on DkS 2 brainstorming geathering Miyazaki spilled new thoughts and ideas about making next Souls game something even more challenging, and more Demon, and more Dark, and more hardcore.
    As he was having creative highlights in explaining he's new ideas they recognized more hardcore less money game, and decided to ditch this guy.
    They decided to go for opposite...so time for new directors (two of them) came!

I think that Miyazaki felt like he's beatig heart was ripped of his chest, when they took direction from him, how could he not...and I'm sorry because of that!

That's what I think and feel...

I'm sorry also for the language barrier that prevents me to be more verbal here, but I lack eloquence of the ENB and it feels to me that you think that I should dabate even harder then he is!

I can't, and I'm writing on iPhone, so...

MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:55 pm

ChillerHR,

While its obvious that we don't agree with one another, your English is fine. Please feel free to continue posting.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:18 pm

MasterofShadows wrote:
    Tomhet wrote:
    MasterofShadows wrote:Okay, so you prefer Eastern developers over Western.

That wasn't my point at all. Soul Reaver was developed by an American woman and I love Half Life. I'm just saying that big Western studios tend to make clones of previous entries of their franchises, that's why individual talent is usually overlooked.

Someone else mentioned ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, that's a very good example of a personal project, without the director I doubt they would as awesome as they are. But I NEVER said that all Japanese games were good :roll:

Well, for what its worth, I apologize for misunderstanding you.

Edit: But its still obvious that you think Japanese developers are better. Don't try to reword it. Again, I've seen just as much drivel and garbage from Japan as I have seen from the West.

I agree there's a lot of crap as well from both, but I generally feel western designers care a lot less about the game compared to money than Japanese designers.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:23 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I'm against more Playstation exclusive Souls releases.

I agree with that. Why the PS exclusives? And why the dislike? The man only stated his opinion.

Speaking of Miyazaki, i don't have much to say, but like everyone has already said, he was part of a team. It wasn't all about him, it was all about them. As a team. And give the new guys a shot. Who knows, perhaps they have something new and fresh to bring to the table? They may even help make a better game than Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, who knows? :|
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:42 pm

If it stays multiplatform I hope it goes onto the next console generation so that DVD doesn't hold back the games potential again.

Sorry Xbox guys, but the way souls is multiple discs to make up for DVDs isn't an option which holds it back a bit :/

I think new team sound interesting, they've already shown some ideas that look promising, the hate is too much :/
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:22 pm

I don't care about the graphics too much and I'm a really poor individual so I would vote for current generation consoles, so I don't need to buy a new console brand new.
    Phaederuss

Post by Phaederuss Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Onion Knight wrote:Doesn't matter how good a director is, without a talented team you can't achieve much.
    People seem to forget that Miyazaki has only worked on the two Souls games and one Armored Core spin off game.
    From make a tonne more than just Souls games, they have plenty of talent available to them that many people may have never witness due to only buying Souls games.
    I also like how everyone has a crystal ball now, wish they'd all tell me the Lottery numbers rather than what's going to happen with a video game.

Without the vision you have nothing.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Phaederuss wrote:
    Onion Knight wrote:Doesn't matter how good a director is, without a talented team you can't achieve much.
    People seem to forget that Miyazaki has only worked on the two Souls games and one Armored Core spin off game.
    From make a tonne more than just Souls games, they have plenty of talent available to them that many people may have never witness due to only buying Souls games.
    I also like how everyone has a crystal ball now, wish they'd all tell me the Lottery numbers rather than what's going to happen with a video game.

Oh , so suddenly any director other than Miyzaki has no vision? Makes logical sense. Totally.
    Game direction is another kettle of fish to film direction, it's a collaborative effort, all the decisions are made by the team, not one man.
    Wish people would stop doing an ENB and hero worshipping Miyazaki whilst ignoring what the rest of the team did, contributing all credit solely to him.
    Phaederuss

Post by Phaederuss Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Onion Knight wrote:
    Phaederuss wrote:

Oh , so suddenly any director other than Miyzaki has no vision? Makes logical sense. Totally.
    Game direction is another kettle of fish to film direction, it's a collaborative effort, all the decisions are made by the team, not one man.
    Wish people would stop doing an ENB and hero worshipping Miyazaki whilst ignoring what the rest of the team did, contributing all credit solely to him.

DId I say that? I was responding to your claim that the director doesn't have as much to do with the quality of the product as the whole team does. The problem, as I was trying to point out, with that is that the director provides the overall direction and vision of the entire product. What's happening here is that they're stating they want to change the game at a fundamental level to attract a larger audience. I don't know what that means to you, but it seems pretty damn obvious to me.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:28 pm

OK, so he was part of the team, now he's not part of the team, he's out working on something else, wouldn't he be missed?

If director is a team member that team can do without, who is the member that team couldn't do without?
    No such guy? Any director would do, that's just team member that directs in that period of time...?!
    Well interesting thought...

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:33 pm

ChillerHR wrote:OK, so he was part of the team, now he's not part of the team, he's out working on something else, wouldn't he be missed?

If director is a team member that team can do without, who is the member that team couldn't do without?
    No such guy? Any director would do, that's just team member that directs in that period of time...?!
    Well interesting thought...

the fans are that team member, with no fans you can't continue making great games. Can you imagine what would have happened if no one played Demon's Souls?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:56 am