Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
sure-magicians
Seth Winternight
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
inchymo188
AshLumi
shadowzninjaz
LordRevan
ViralEnsign_
Taueth
RePaused
GrizzlyJunkz
dantheman123
ThatPerson
Murkulanvippi
raecor14
FattyOfDoom
Ghadis_God
NinjaVanish
BeeSeaEss
billy_bayonet
Hydreigon11
KusaiCharlz
Hisoka
The Letter X
Jansports
Hokucho
Artorias The Abyss Walker
WaLKA
bunnywink
hageshisa
Demon Slayer
FinPeku
slowturtles
ChaosMoogle
Forum Pirate
robsthedon
DoughGuy
twilightwarwolf
Spurgun
Ahhotep1
44 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising! - Page 13 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:02 am

Am I mistaking you for someone else? There could be more than one dan...... I'm bad with names

Anyways, I wasn't saying anybody was bad, I was saying that whomever I taught set up and pivot parries today was inexperienced (as they claimed to have never pvp'd), but did very well considering they fought me and I have over 1000 hours, and I swear I saw them called dan. The psn was M something. I think there were a few v's and i's in there.

Dodge backwards and to 1 side, the pursuiers cant catch you and the others will miss if you timed the dodge right.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising! - Page 13 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:02 am

Or roll bs them
    dantheman123
    dantheman123
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dantheman123 Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:14 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Or roll bs them
    i havnt figured out how to roll bs people yet, ive never needed it and i feel like pursuers are over powered and should be nerfed alittle.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:21 am

You have to be fastrolling and quick about it.

Start locked on, roll towards one of their sholders, unlock during the roll, (you should be past their sholders at this point) pull back (towards their back) on the left stick and press r1.

Its done to punish spells/slow attacks

Also, if you just walk badkwards (not even run, just walk) pursuers will never hit you. They only hit if you move towards them or stand still
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:03 am

dantheman123 wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Or roll bs them
    i havnt figured out how to roll bs people yet, ive never needed it and i feel like pursuers are over powered and should be nerfed alittle.

I think persuers are just fine, they take a long time to cast so if you are quick enough you could bs the caster, and they travel SOOOOO slow, so just roll straight into them and you're good to go. It may seem wrong and uncomfy but roll straight into dark magic it works 99% of the time.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:44 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Am I mistaking you for someone else? There could be more than one dan...... I'm bad with names

Anyways, I wasn't saying anybody was bad, I was saying that whomever I taught set up and pivot parries today was inexperienced (as they claimed to have never pvp'd), but did very well considering they fought me and I have over 1000 hours, and I swear I saw them called dan. The psn was M something. I think there were a few v's and i's in there.

Dodge backwards and to 1 side, the pursuiers cant catch you and the others will miss if you timed the dodge right.

You teached me how to pivot correctly, and time my parry with different weapons. I'm not dan, he's psn was solarkid. Think you mixed us two cause we are both new and were on the chat at the same time. All you guys just call me murk. murkulanvippi means something like stone tossing in english. So murk means nothing but easier to write and remember XD

Forum Pirate sorry if I typed something incorrectly. I actually have PvPd a lot. But with different kind of toons. I've usually used the arty greatsword with a mid-roll guy. Or a mage. This is just the first uchi user for me, so I'm trying to learn this style of play. I told you in the chat that I had a toon that didn't PvP at all.

Anyways, thanks for teaching me the timing n stuff.

By the way, of all the invasions I did and the times I got invaded lost just one.
    That is, if I don't count the times we fought with forum pirate. big grin he's one tough fellow with his pyro toon and the lvl100 toon.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:56 am

robsthedon wrote:
    Murkulanvippi wrote:

Thanks. After looking at the covenanter list again today I think I fought one of our own: einhernj or somethin, sorry don't remember correctly.

Did his dark magic get you ? His builds are OP

Double checked the name yesterday, wasn't him afterall. But the name was almost the same. So no harm done there. big grin
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:33 am

sooo close to lvl 100! Can't wait for my dragon velka's rapier build, Velka's Blade over all blades!! (even the chaos blade! >:})
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:41 am

FinPeku wrote:Hey guys, are you supposed to follow these rules in the Painted world arena (copied from the first page):

➢ No estus / humanity / DB healing.
    ➢ No Tranquil Walk of Peace.
    ➢ No roll back stab.
    ➢ No chain back stab.

I'm fine with them, but is the "no roll bs" really necessary? I think someone said you have no rules at all (except no healing of course). I would like to duel with you some day now that the other fcs are pretty much dead.

Hi Fin, I agree, roll bs is legit, depends who you are duelling with really.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:53 am

robsthedon wrote:
    FinPeku wrote:Hey guys, are you supposed to follow these rules in the Painted world arena (copied from the first page):

➢ No estus / humanity / DB healing.
    ➢ No Tranquil Walk of Peace.
    ➢ No roll back stab.
    ➢ No chain back stab.

I'm fine with them, but is the "no roll bs" really necessary? I think someone said you have no rules at all (except no healing of course). I would like to duel with you some day now that the other fcs are pretty much dead.

Hi Fin, I agree, roll bs is legit, depends who you are duelling with really.

Yes, Fin...everyone is to follow those rules until such time as they are changed in the OP.
    I'll take your opinions under serious consideration! But until it is changed in OP, if it is changed....there is still NO Rolling Backstabs. happy
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 am

Just a reminder to everyone....read the first page of this thread. It contains the rules and conditions by which this covenant is run. Those rules and conditions stand unless changed in the OP (page 1).

Suggested changes are always welcome and I will take them under serious consideration. But I do want to know why one thinks a change in some rule or condition is good for the covenant. Thanks big grin
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:15 am

im all for allowing roll BSing, because yes its a bit cheap, but compared to most of the others its harmless. id be more concerned about dead angles really.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:32 am

raecor14 wrote:im all for allowing roll BSing, because yes its a bit cheap, but compared to most of the others its harmless. id be more concerned about dead angles really.

I am in total agreement on "dead angling"...especially since it is a game glitch and unrealistic.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:43 am

Regarding Rolling Back Stabs and any tactic considered "cheap" by the Dark Souls Community....

I have worked hard to get this covenant distanced from it's "cheap cove" image from the past. We are not going back there. Convince me a tactic isn't "cheap" and I'll change the rule. Otherwise it stands.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:48 am

Ahhotep1 wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:im all for allowing roll BSing, because yes its a bit cheap, but compared to most of the others its harmless. id be more concerned about dead angles really.

I am in total agreement on "dead angling"...especially since it is a game glitch and unrealistic.

apart from the WOG variation dead angling is entirely accurate. think about it, the hilds only cover your frount, in you sliced to the side you would do atleast SOME damage. i was comparing it to dead angling to get my point across.... as it turns out i suck at english.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:00 am

My suggestion would be not to "draw first blood". Just to retaliate if u get misstreated. Don't want to come out as a cheap trick user. Sorry for the misspelling if there were any.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:42 am

Roll bs is not cheap! it's a genuine counter to UGS, WOtG and some other spells, and the most difficult BS maneuver to pull off, granted easier with DWGR but that's another argument happy

I can understand thinking it's cheap if that's the only attack a player uses, but then they are a spammer, if you lose to a spammer, you deserve to lose.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:55 am

raecor14 wrote:
    Ahhotep1 wrote:

apart from the WOG variation dead angling is entirely accurate. think about it, the hilds only cover your frount, in you sliced to the side you would do atleast SOME damage. i was comparing it to dead angling to get my point across.... as it turns out i suck at english.

Now I understand your intent.
    However, any tactic where you are standing "in front" of your opponent yet can (because of a glitch) still hit that opponent "in the back"....is messed up. I am not underestimating the skill it takes to pull off a dead angle attack. I, myself have spent several hours with my mentor learning to dead angle when it was first "discovered". I simply chose not to use it because it doesn't feel right to hit someone in the back when I'm standing in front of them!

It is not on the "NO Can Do" list in the OP because...it was discovered much later and I never bothered to add it LOL

Besides, it is way to hard to learn and pull off in actual battle and way too easy to avoid. big grin
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:40 am

If we ban stuff based on an opinion that they're glithces, we will also have to ban toggle escape. And how about bleed roll dodge or spell canceling? Are those intended or not? All i know is that both toggle escape and dead angles already existed in demon's souls and were not removed by devs.

To me, dead angling is another tool available for anyone. Sure, it abuses game mechanics, but it is common knowledge among the dueling community. When someone dead angles, he also makes himself very vulnerable to backstabs. I can understand why so many people think wog dead angle is different, but i always dodge magics instead of blocking anyway, so personally i don't care.

Roll backstabbing is a good way to punish spamming or mistakes. I agree that it becomes boring if your opponent does nothing else than waits for you to attack and then tries to roll bs. But i trust we are mature enough to have some sportsmanship and actually try to fight each other. However, if someone only fishes for roll bs against me, i won't hold it against him. I would have to adapt, and try to outplay him using other means which is always interesting.

From a lore perspective: If we have the fight club to train ourselves to fight people who would harm Priscilla, why should we limit ourselves?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:29 pm

The roll bs is what it is. Unlocked fighting will shut it down most of the time, and unlocked fighting is an important skill, especially for ugw users and casters who are the most prone to both whiffed attacks and being roll bsd, so just in learning how to get attacks to hit they will naturally be learning how to avoid the roll bs.

(I actually have no opinion, just illustrating that learning to stop roll bsing is done naturally, even while not subjected to roll bsing)
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Nice to see alot of posting in our thread! I would also want to welcome the new recruits: Welcome to THE EXILED!

So what's going on now-a-days? I see that we get more and more Finish peeps D: WAI NO SWEDS!
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:37 pm

Nobody lives in sweden. The chaos demons cleared out europe years ago. where have you been?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:45 pm

I am listening but I want to hear from others as well!! happy

And nothing is getting Added to the "No Can Do List"...yet LOL
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:13 pm

hageshisa wrote:Nice to see alot of posting in our thread! I would also want to welcome the new recruits: Welcome to THE EXILED!

So what's going on now-a-days? I see that we get more and more Finish peeps D: WAI NO SWEDS!

I've been duelling with a swede recently, I pointed him in our direction, he may join.
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:10 pm

Only problem Forum is that Finland is also in europe, infact not that far away from Sweden : P Haha

Oooh!!! That's nice Robs!

btw guys, if you stumble upon a Danish player, recruit him asap! We need him for our Nordic Team here in the Exiled ;P

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:02 pm