Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
MasterofShadows
Buggy Virus
carlucio
defacto
Nybbles
Slarg232
Serious_Much
ComaPrison
dancash1808
Juutas
eminusx
15 posters

S.O.S. . the easy way to Save our Souls?

Poll

Which is the most rational approach to DS2 accessibility?

[ 3 ]
    S.O.S. . the easy way to Save our Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%S.O.S. . the easy way to Save our Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [38%] 
    [ 5 ]
    S.O.S. . the easy way to Save our Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap62%S.O.S. . the easy way to Save our Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [62%] 

Total Votes: 8
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

S.O.S. . the easy way to Save our Souls? - Page 2 Empty Re: S.O.S. . the easy way to Save our Souls?

Post by eminusx Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:13 am

defacto wrote:
    There would be a new item that you get very early or it starts in your inventory. Crystallized Humanity. We all know crystal is one of the strongest elements in Dark Souls, so it fits here.

Crystallized Humanity

This item was forged in an experiment by Seath the Scaleless in an attempt to lure undead to him for experiments. The humanity squirms in the crystal but cannot escape. For this reason the humanity has no lasting impact on the user. It only allows the user to regain the appearance of being human once again, it does nothing to stop the hallowing process.

So there is this item Crystallized Humanity that can be used to turn you human whenever you want for co-op. Making the game much, much easier for new players but making it so vets can go solo and keep the game hard if they want.

But there would still be hard humanity in the game. It would only cure status aliments when used but soft humanity is more useful. In addition to kindling bonfires it can also be used to purchase some rare items and when you have 10 soft humanity you can sacrifice it to the bonfire to get a 40% bonus in souls gained until you die or rest again. Oh and humanity keeps giving you item find+ and resistance+.

So keeps the humanity concept, expands soft humanity and makes the game more accessible.

winner!! Great idea!
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

S.O.S. . the easy way to Save our Souls? - Page 2 Empty Re: S.O.S. . the easy way to Save our Souls?

Post by defacto Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Nybbles wrote:i think i would actually prefer it if there was humanity but not a humanity counter. you either are or you are not human. humanity would function exactly like ephemeral eyes in Demon's essentially.

Demon's had a much better system that encouraged both co-op and invasions while not being that difficult to figure out. it had a nice balance of punishment and reward, being human or hollow actually meant something. i think they had it right the first time and i would like this system to return…well everything but world tendency anyway.

It was just introduced as a way to get people to co-op and PvP. Looking at Dark Souls you don't need a reason to do co-op and PvP. While I'm all for more rewards for doing it other than humanity and Souls I think that the mechanic is a little ridiculous for Demon's Souls.

Instead of forcing players into a half HP situation just to force them to co-op and PvP why not make it so the covenant rewards are better and you get covenant items for doing those things.

Not to mention coupled with the world tendency the entire mechanic was broken. Oh, so you want pure white? Have fun being at half HP all game. Oh so you want to be in body form? Every time you die the game gets harder. Yes, we really are that evil. That makes the game much less accessible.

defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:57 pm

eminusx wrote:

winner!! Great idea!

*Throws carving* Thank you!

Proper Bow
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:57 pm

I LIKE that it gets harder when you die. I'm very pleased to have found a game that does this. And I hope there is not an 'infinite life' item-that just generalizes the game and takes away from it's difficulty. As much of a problem as it can be at times, I hope it stays that way. That being said, I agree that it can work better than it currently does. Perhaps just increasing it's availability a little in the beginning?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:08 pm

An easy way to save our souls is to tell anyone who's put off by the difficulty or lack of information to go away.

Unfortunately we can't go back in time and slap whomever thought that upscaling the project was a good idea. That would be a better solution.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:17 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:An easy way to save our souls is to tell anyone who's put off by the difficulty or lack of information to go away.

Unfortunately we can't go back in time and slap whomever thought that upscaling the project was a good idea. That would be a better solution.

If only, it still irks me that people moan about DS 'lack of plot' or lack of direction, because if you were dropped into a desolate landscape you'd have a tour guide with you to point out all the interesting features wouldnt you!! ffs. It makes me wonder why they buy 'adventure' style games in the first place.

'oh i want adventure, but not too much adventure'
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:26 pm

i think this poll has too extreme choices that all in all lead to a pointless and dumb thread - no offense- when the new directors stated they want it to be more accessible they simply want to expand the covenant workings so you can know why this covenant is doing what they do and how you pledge deeper into being a part of it, also to bring out some NOT ALL of the underlying story lore. I am a hardcore dedicated Dark Souls fan. BUT I still did not know the meaning behind some of the bosses and some of the areas. It's not a bad thing that they are making those materials a little more physical ya know. The new directors clearly stated their still will be well over a great amount of hidden back story in Dark Souls 2. as far as the new " tutorial beginning" I haven't a clue about it but if it's anything like Dragon's Dogma where it just pulled you along to show you the basics and then launched you into the world, I think we all will be OK
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Its a plague i tell you.

In morrowind you were given detailed directions to get from place to place, but now gamers can't be bothered to know how to read a map or write anything down. No more directions. Compass markers and teleportation.

Maybe I should go to start a game company. Low budget niche titles for steam. Our motto would be "if you don't like it, it wasn't made for you" and we'd never make any money.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:57 pm

Acarnatia wrote:I LIKE that it gets harder when you die. I'm very pleased to have found a game that does this. And I hope there is not an 'infinite life' item-that just generalizes the game and takes away from it's difficulty. As much of a problem as it can be at times, I hope it stays that way. That being said, I agree that it can work better than it currently does. Perhaps just increasing it's availability a little in the beginning?

I hate to tell you this but they are going to change the game to make it more accessible. They would NEVER bring back a mechanic where the game got harder when you died. It gets hard to the point where special mobs that are super hard appear. I mean that is crazy!

All I am trying to do is think up ideas that are better than ruining the game doing silly stuff like making the entire game easier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:44 pm