Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
tinypantha
Hue
BigTuktuk
ChizFreak
dragonbeast6
PhlyingDutchman
ComaPrison
CaptanSpudsy
Serious_Much
Slarg232
Emergence
Infighter
Saturday-Saint
vereornox
Djem
Sloth9230
Buggy Virus
Oh_the_Humanity
22 posters

The use of Realistic Gore in DkSII

ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

The use of Realistic Gore in DkSII - Page 2 Empty Re: The use of Realistic Gore in DkSII

Post by ComaPrison Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:49 pm

Arterial bleeding (rhythmic blood spurts with each heartbeat), dismemberment, and disembowelment would all be very interesting to incorporate into DS2
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

The use of Realistic Gore in DkSII - Page 2 Empty Re: The use of Realistic Gore in DkSII

Post by PhlyingDutchman Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:46 pm

I'd be happy with dismemberment only being possible on activation of the "overkill" bonus. If your last hit does enough damage to net you the 20% souls bonus, it also has a chance to remove limbs or a head. In the case of decapitation, this would play nicely with axe ripostes, which are already execution-style decapitations, just without the actual dismemberment.
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:21 pm

PhlyingDutchman wrote:I'd be happy with dismemberment only being possible on activation of the "overkill" bonus. If your last hit does enough damage to net you the 20% souls bonus, it also has a chance to remove limbs or a head. In the case of decapitation, this would play nicely with axe ripostes, which are already execution-style decapitations, just without the actual dismemberment.

Sound good to me....also if the riposte was a stabbing weapon they would have a suckling sound like they had in moonstone in the good old days when blood was actually funny and cool.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:It would be a nice flair, but wouldn't make a ton of sense. Being that you often hack at an enemy a ton, suddenly chopping directly through them when they finally died would look somewhat odd.

It would be really interesting if they implemented it perfectly though, like each strike left marks.

Yeah something like last Mortal Kombat style. Did you play it? Look for it on YouTube aynway. Characters as the battle progresses, and recieve they start to have scratches, small cuts, maybe some of their clothes are a bit cut, a nice feature that gives you the impression of how battles marked you, but doesn't affect directly gameplay. It would be cool. And you know, you could just banish all "scars" when you rest at a bonfire or at the Dark Souls II equivalent of them.
    BigTuktuk

Post by BigTuktuk Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:32 pm

I think that if they would put some more gore and blood in this game, they should do it in a ,,realistic´´ way. Like if u get hit at some bodypart, like u get ur leg hit with a sword depending on how often u get hit or how strong your leg wont be working or maybe even gets cut off till u can recover. This would also solve the healing problem in pvp because it wont help you to be full health if you have only like one leg left and no arms happy I know its silly but iam sure you get my point. I dont realy think that any of the stuff we are posting in this thread will get into the game, because if you put something like this (or the guess with the armorloosing and stuff) they would have to rework the whole combat systhem so you can focus on special bodyparts. I dont think it is possible to get more gore into the current combat systhem without making it look silly or boring if the same thing happens again and again(like the stupid x-ray moves in mortal combat). What could be done easy and what i realy would like to see is if my stuff would keep getting more dirty and bloody the longer iam fighting and traveling till i rest somewhere or repair my stuff etc. Btw i dont know what rating dark has in your countries but in germany you are allowed to buy/play the game if you are 16 years old and i think if they would make it more bloody and put some gore in there it will prob go up to 18 wich could make it less profit. Damed i wrote way too much in way too bad english )
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:58 pm

I like the combat system of Prince Of Persia Warrior Within
    This video unlocked upon completing the game pretty much covers everything you can do in combat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgGfsZN-5I

It would be great to be able to jump over enemies, or grab them, or throw them off ledges. And incredibly, the difficulty is decent despite all the badass moves the Prince can pull off, nothing to compare with Assassin's Cake 3

Last edited by Hachouma on Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:06 pm

Realistic gore would ruin Dark Souls II for me.

elitist comment time:
    I dont want realistic gore in the game because game makers believe that gore is a way game makers lure in people just with a "DUDE! That guy is cutting of that other dudes ARM! DUDE That is EPIC/Siik! I wunna get dat GAME!"
    Implementing the gore would also ruin my "dress-up" point of view of the game because of the blood that would get on my characters clothing temply.

I could just be mental handicaped and think this is a bad idea just because I dont like Gore in games as much as I like Game-play and Sadly to say Graphics ._.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:09 pm

Excuse the Double Post Please

Hachouma wrote:I like the combat system of Prince Of Persia Warrior Within
    This video unlocked upon completing the game pretty much covers everything you can do in combat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgGfsZN-5I

It would be great to be able to jump over enemies, or grab them, or throw them off ledges. And incredibly, the difficulty is decent despite all the badass moves the Prince can pull off, nothing to compare with Assassin's Cake 3
    The only thing is:
    This is not AC III or Prince o' Persia. This is Dark Souls where you are not a BadASS You instead are a wandering vagrant that has an internal goal that is not really evident till the end or upon closer investigation. Also how would Grappling and Jumping work without the Hordes of Glitches coming into play? Google "Out of the Map Glitch on ACIII or Prince o' Persia and see how many come up compared to DKS which I have infact glitched underneath the map in DarkRoot Basin due to some trippy fog wall action where I just fell to my death after about 5 minutes of Falling.
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Hachouma wrote:I like the combat system of Prince Of Persia Warrior Within

I would rather have this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5CZ6TqCgps
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:53 pm

I remember back in Demon's Souls where you could actually turn blood splatter off. Can you still do this in Dark? I can't believe I remember such a pointless feature.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:15 am

As long as there's not too much gore. Now, don't get me wrong, i love gore. I watch horror movies all the time as well as play horror games, but i'd hate to see the change in age needed to play. I've seen that once before, and while it did not affect me it's just annoying.

Still, gore ftw!
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:31 am

Dragons Dogma did this well, especially with the bosses. Over the course of an hour or so it takes to kill the Ur-Dragon it's scales peel where you hit him and by the time you kill him he looks like he's been through a giant paper shredder.

The smaller bosses get bloodied where you attack them most, and small enemies get bloodied all over when you deal damage.

I know I say "Dragons Dogma does this really well" a lot, but its true! I would love to see DKS use some of the techniques of Dragons Dogma, and vice versa.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:As long as there's not too much gore. Now, don't get me wrong, i love gore. I watch horror movies all the time as well as play horror games, but i'd hate to see the change in age needed to play. I've seen that once before, and while it did not affect me it's just annoying.

Still, gore ftw!

That's the main reason to why i'm against more gore. I shouldn't even be allowed to play DkS

IMO gore isn't necessary, it can be fun in a few games, but not in the souls games.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:36 pm

Once again Dark Souls is delicate piece of art and some blood sprites aren't necessary

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:21 am