Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Forum Pirate
lordgodofhell
FruitPunchNinja
Ghadis_God
PlasticandRage
Jansports
Red Rosie
Emergence
WyrmHero
ChillerHR
14 posters

WotG firing speed Dex dependancy help!

ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

WotG firing speed Dex dependancy help! Empty WotG firing speed Dex dependancy help!

Post by ChillerHR Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi, will I gain any advantage in PvP if I raise Dex from 35 to 45 when it comes to WotG firing speed?
    Would it be wiser to invest that ten levels in Fth instead, raising it from 40 to 50, also with WotG damage only in mind?

Please only competent thoughts, based on proven facts!
    Thanks!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

WotG firing speed Dex dependancy help! Empty Re: WotG firing speed Dex dependancy help!

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:52 pm

No, get it to 40 to max out the AR of your weapon. I would only get Dex to 45 for the lightning spears miracles since they get a good boost in casting speed. But if you still want max speed from WoG then get it to 45.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

WotG firing speed Dex dependancy help! Empty Re: WotG firing speed Dex dependancy help!

Post by Emergence Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:59 pm

Only projectile spells get the casting boost from Dex, so WoG and other aoe (besides tempest) casts remain unaffected by any changes to Dex.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:08 pm

You see how you two disagree...and how can I know for a fact which one of you is right?
    I've got to make right choice with this one...

Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:09 pm

Emergence wrote:Only projectile spells get the casting boost from Dex, so WoG and other aoe (besides tempest) casts remain unaffected by any changes to Dex.

Hi Emergence, you appear to be new to this game, welcome to the wiki.

You are mostly right with what you said there, but failed to mention that along with fire tempest, fire storm and chaos storm are also affected by DEX.

You dont have to thank me winking

Well What is it
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:10 pm

Red Rosie Sugar wrote:
    Emergence wrote:Only projectile spells get the casting boost from Dex, so WoG and other aoe (besides tempest) casts remain unaffected by any changes to Dex.

Hi Emergence, you appear to be new to this game, welcome to the wiki.

You are mostly right with what you said there, but failed to mention that along with fire tempest, fire storm and chaos storm are also affected by DEX.

You dont have to thank me winking

WotG firing speed Dex dependancy help! 3596227959

Lmao what you know about cast speed? Do you even lift?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Don't listen to the admin, lol. WoG gets an increase in speed from Dex but it's low compared to the lightning spears. I know this because I've seen a Dex/Faith fight a Str/Faith and the Str's WoG is slower than the Dex's. It's similar to Great Combustion you really don't need the high Dex cause the spell is already fast. Either way it's your call 40 or 45.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:13 pm

I cast WotG with like 9 dex and it's plenty fast.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:24 pm

Haha ok don't take my word for it. This has come up a million times in the chatbox but always results in the same answer, but I'll defer comment to one of the mad chango scientists who's actually parsed it out.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:25 pm

I'd like it to be right call, not my call...so we do not know for a fact would it be big difference if I go from 35 to 45 with Dex, when it comes to WotG firing speed?

Now I'm 40 Fth and 35 Dex, and I have 10 more levels to spend to reach 120, maybe 45 Fth, and 40 Dex, hm...?

I just want to have kicka55 WotG, and to fire it blazing fast like some guys I saw...unrollable...happy
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:27 pm

We know for a fact it's not a big difference. What the debate is is whether or not it gets a tiny difference as Wyrm says or none at all as I said.
    Red Rosie
    Red Rosie
    Chat Moderator

Post by Red Rosie Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Emergence wrote:Haha ok don't take my word for it. This has come up a million times in the chatbox but always results in the same answer, but I'll defer comment to one of the mad chango scientists who's actually parsed it out.

I answer the call from the chatbox!

I say NO difference!

And I have proof!

Proof = I blummin well said so!

Well What is it
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:36 pm

That's some good sciencing there Rosie.

I'd say that about shuts the case, no?

silly
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:38 pm

@RRosieS

No difference what? I don't get it?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:42 pm

ChillerHR wrote:I'd like it to be right call, not my call...so we do not know for a fact would it be big difference if I go from 35 to 45 with Dex, when it comes to WotG firing speed?

Now I'm 40 Fth and 35 Dex, and I have 10 more levels to spend to reach 120, maybe 45 Fth, and 40 Dex, hm...?

I just want to have kicka55 WotG, and to fire it blazing fast like some guys I saw...unrollable...happy

40 Faith is not a good stat in my opinion. Go 50 Faith, a powerful WoG is better than a slightly faster one.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Well that's something...do we all agree on this one?
    How much power WotG gets going from 40 to 50 Fth, percentage wise?
    happy
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:45 pm

What I would really like to get a hold of is frame by frame vids of all spell casts at different Dex levels and embedded in each spell's wiki page to clear up all conjecture.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:51 pm

ChillerHR wrote:Well that's something...do we all agree on this one?
    How much power WotG gets going from 40 to 50 Fth, percentage wise?
    happy

I can only tell you by mag adj from the talisman, it gets from ~190 to ~220 using the Darkmoon Talisman. Still you don't see it by comparing WoG's power but by diminishing returns from the talismans. Canvas Talisman gets very bad mag adj scaling after 30 Faith, and at 40 Faith it's still the strongest talisman (or same as DM Talisman can't remember). Then after 40 Faith DM Talisman gets good MagAdj scaling so it's worth the Faith points till 50 Faith.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:05 pm

^ Yeah, I'm pretty sure the DM becomes the strongest at 40. It might even be a little bit before that.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:10 pm

So no point in raising Fth past 40 for WotG casting?
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:12 pm

If you don't have the Darkmoon, the Ivory Talisman will be the best past 40 faith. Anyway, I'm fairly sure Dex does affect WoG casting speed. I've fought a lot of WoG, and ones with dex are noticeably faster than ones with Str. However, 40 Dex is a good choice so you can max out your weapon.
    ChillerHR
    ChillerHR
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ChillerHR Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:19 pm

Oh man...no two agreed upon oppinions here!
    And I have all talismans...
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:22 pm

If Dark Souls 2 is more "accessible", we may have nothing left to debate and science. sad

Part of the fun in my mind are threads like this where people put their heads together and try to hammer fact from opinion.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:32 pm

Raising DEX is always helpful, but i wouldn't go to 45 unless you are using pyro. Pyromancies are the only castings i notice a visible difference between 40/45.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 am

Hooray for Wrath of the Gods!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:05 am