Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Serious_Much
Anonymous Proxy
densetsushun
Argetlam350
Onion Knight
9 posters

Please lock. Thanks.

Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Please lock. Thanks. - Page 3 Empty Re: Please lock. Thanks.

Post by Onion Knight Thu May 30, 2013 2:54 pm

No worries I just want a pleasant thread talking about or asking about the game. happy

The Miqo'te or the cat people are very popular or at least they were in the original XIV.

Funnily enough people in the official forums were asking for Viera from XII or a lizard/reptile race to be added in A Realm Reborn. The devs said they would consider it for a future update. haha
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 30, 2013 2:56 pm

The only one I think would be cool would be ronso... But then again they've already got a like "strongman" class so they don't need them
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu May 30, 2013 3:00 pm

I'd also prefer to play as human. Dragoon looks kinda cool too. big grin
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu May 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Interestingly the racial well I guess 'sterotype' is:

Hyur (human) - Marauder or Warrior.
    Miq'ote (cat people)- Archer or Bard.
    Elezen (weirdbodyproportiontreehugging elf people)- Lancer or Dragoon.
    Roegadayn (bear/giant/hairy people)- Gladiator or Paladin.
    Lalafell (little people) - Conjurer or White Mage.

But there are other classes and jobs which are pretty unsterotyped like Pugilist/Monk, Thaumaturge/Black mage, Summoner/Scholar/Arcanist.

But ultimately non of the races are locked to any class so you can have a Roegadayn Black Mage or a Lalafell Gladiator. haha

Edit: Also remember that your not locked to any one class on a character, you can change classes/jobs by changing the weapon equipped.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu May 30, 2013 3:29 pm

So far it sounds good. I admit I know next to nothing about A Realm Reborn, because I was dissapointed by FF XIV so much I didn't care for it. But this looks very promising so far.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Thu May 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Right, so I said things in this thread and never replied.

I have played MMOs of: WoW, GW/2, TERA, EQ, BnS, and various f2p such as Raiderz, RoM, and Allods. Let us not forget the King of MMOs, Runescape!

Will any of this experience help carry over? Or does ARR try to change a lot of it up?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu May 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Anonymous Proxy wrote:Right, so I said things in this thread and never replied.

I have played MMOs of: WoW, GW/2, TERA, EQ, BnS, and various f2p such as Raiderz, RoM, and Allods. Let us not forget the King of MMOs, Runescape!

Will any of this experience help carry over? Or does ARR try to change a lot of it up?

Hello proxy! Yes that experience will help (somewhat) especially early game when it's mostly solo content. However at about level 15 or so group content becomes the main focus.

Combat wise it is most similar to Final Fantasy XI and Everquest. Except it is slightly more fast pace and certainly not as hardcore as the two above.

Joining a good linkshell or having friends come in certainly brings out the true experience of the game as group combat is the focus here. Each class brings something unique to the table so don't be afraid to experiment around with each class and job.

So in short group content, ability to be any class at any point on one character and a fun/vibrant community are the focus' of A Realm Reborn. Since these were the strengths of XIV.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Thu May 30, 2013 3:44 pm

So unless I want to make friends, my max level is level 15? ;/ ... Meh.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu May 30, 2013 3:49 pm

That's a good point for me as well. I prefer to go solo, so if the game is focusing on teamplay I guess mobs will be made way too OP to handle alone, right?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu May 30, 2013 3:49 pm

Anonymous Proxy wrote:So unless I want to make friends, my max level is level 15? ;/ ... Meh.

Well it is an MMO. haha. I think you will be surprised at how friendly the XIV community is. It is pretty easy to group up outside of a linkshell.

But a linkshell is just more efficient for grouping.

I was just suggesting friends. haha. You can certainly just jump in and meet and quest with new people and join a linkshell futhur down the road.

There is solo content after 15 but there is certainly more group options which continue to increase rapidly between 15 and 50. happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Why wouldn't you wanna make online friends? would be fun big grin
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu May 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Sentiel wrote:That's a good point for me as well. I prefer to go solo, so if the game is focusing on teamplay I guess mobs will be made way too OP to handle alone, right?

Well not on the main storyline, Leve quests and miscellaneous quests (except mainly end game bosses.) That will probably be soloable.

But with dungeons, FATES, Notorious monsters, Hamlet defence, PvP, Housing (that crafting classes can build for you or others.) And a big player economy I would certainly advise to interact with the community. We don't bite. haha happy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Thu May 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Online people in MMOs tend to be impatient and will run off to do something.

As I quote Yogg-Saron. "You will be alone in the end."
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu May 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Grouping is painless. XIV and XI vets like me do it naturally ( because XI forced us to. aha) People are very open and helpful for often vary little or no personal return for themselves on XIV.

Hell I had a member of the linkshell I'm in who I barely spoke to make me armour throughout the old version. ( he made armour for everyone he could haha)

The game I should add encourages grouping, not just through difficulty but through incentives such as combat buffs, Speacial group exclusive attacks (aka Limit breaks,) unique loot and a huge boost to experience.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu May 30, 2013 4:22 pm

I'm kind of a strange character when it comes to MMOs.
    I take MMORPG as a regular RPG, but with people instead of NPCs. It adds a certain level of realism and unexpected events, which you can't create offline.

It also creates epic moments, which you just can't achieve with single player game. Yes, it was epic to defeat that super hard boss, but it was more epic to defeat super hard player.

In RFO, one of the main quest points was camped by a near max level guy, who was a part of the leader players from another race (which comes with huge benefits, like uber strong gear etc). He kept PKing low level nubs for hours. Me included. Me and few others tried asking our leaders for help, but they were too busy. So we teamed up, fifteen, or so low level guys, with my friend tanking the guy while I went and agrroe'd a bunch of end game mobs and led them all the way to that guy. Those mobs weren't enough to take him down, but kept him busy and did him a lot of damage so we actually stood a chance and we did managed to kill him after a gruesome fight, although only six of us survived. It was pure epicness. The guy was stripped of his leadership and got kicked out by his race leader a few days later.

Being a part of the community, talking to people, helping them etc is not a problem and I enjoy it. But I ultimately want to be alone, to be able to bear my own weight and to be able to achieve victory by myself, without aid from others.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu May 30, 2013 4:30 pm

Like a stated earlier Sentiel, there is plenty of solo content; hell you can try to solo or co-op with one or two teamates the entire group content.

But I think large scale grouping and community is such an integral part of the game I was recommending that you didn't avoid it that's all. happy

I would put the website for the linkshell I'm in up, but then that would be shameless plugging. silly
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu May 30, 2013 5:08 pm

Serious_Much wrote:The only one I think would be cool would be ronso... But then again they've already got a like "strongman" class so they don't need them

Yeah there's already two 'tanky' races. I personally wouldn't mind seeing another magic focused race to compliment the Lalafell. I can't really remember too many of those from the series.

Unless they added the ancients from VII which would be ... eh not my cup of tea.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu May 30, 2013 6:15 pm

they could just do a priestess or sorceress race.. Seeing as it's mostly the women in the final fantasies geared towards heavy magic use

I never really understood the whole ancients thing- they just look like humans..

They should totally make a mog class :razz:
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu May 30, 2013 6:32 pm

Didn't the ancients have like weird ears or something? Or was that just the visuals? haha

There are Mogs in XIV. Although they aren't playable. They deliver the mail you can send other players. They also have their own settlement in A Realm Reborn.

Also there was a dungeon boss in the original XIV called 'Good King Moogle Mog XII' . He was one of the hardest bosses in the game ... so many deaths ... and that looping soundtrack ... oh god the nightmares!
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri May 31, 2013 11:07 am

The looooooooooooong gameplay stream with the devs from yesterday. There is no English subtitles since it's an unofficial bootleg, but it'll do till Square Enix uploads the official version.

It shows off more beta phase 3 gameplay from both the PC and the PS3 versions, Ul'dah region, character creation and some new features like NPC companions. e.t.c

Enjoy.

Last edited by Onion Knight on Fri May 31, 2013 12:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 31, 2013 11:27 am

Onion Knight wrote:Didn't the ancients have like weird ears or something? Or was that just the visuals? haha

There are Mogs in XIV. Although they aren't playable. They deliver the mail you can send other players. They also have their own settlement in A Realm Reborn.

Also there was a dungeon boss in the original XIV called 'Good King Moogle Mog XII' . He was one of the hardest bosses in the game ... so many deaths ... and that looping soundtrack ... oh god the nightmares!

Looks pretty normal to me:

Please lock. Thanks. - Page 3 Aerith_FF7_AC_03

Naturally the mogs are just a little thing plugged in as the mail silly
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri May 31, 2013 11:37 am

Serious_Much wrote:Naturally the mogs are just a little thing plugged in as the mail silly

Please lock. Thanks. - Page 3 Ff14

Mog village in AAR. ^^

They will probably have their own side quest chain too, they did in the original if I can remember correctly.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri May 31, 2013 11:44 am

Crafting/Gathering classes have finally been added to the official website. Added to the op.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 31, 2013 12:04 pm

lol, the game is almost worth buying just for mog village.

It looks so epic.. *** my life Prostration

I'm guessing everyone uses headsets though? cus i dont have one silly
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri May 31, 2013 12:11 pm

Serious_Much wrote:lol, the game is almost worth buying just for mog village.

It looks so epic.. *** my life Prostration

I'm guessing everyone uses headsets though? cus i dont have one silly

It's essentially a Final Fantasy fans wetdream : Chocobo mounts and racing, Mogs, Magitek, Airships, Judges, Creatures from VI, IX, XI and XII, the Crystal tower, the Golden Saucer ....

I'm not sure about the PS3 version but my linkshell (and most strangers you meet) mainly just used the text chat. But we and most linkshell's you join also have a Mumble server (on PC) for those who want to use it.

EDIT: I would recommend a usb keyboard (?) if you're getting the PS3 version. Otherwise you will get repetitive strain injury from trying to use the controller to type.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:43 pm