Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
lovely_shonen
Doelker
TheBigLebowski
Dutchy
Poozila
Hyena
IIdoneus
twilightwarwolf
Mr. Tart
Gambs_the_Grey
Sentiel
Rynn
GodOfPaperclips
morte
bob90
Onion Knight
Phoenix Rising
FlorisFreakshow
LoreFF
gmwdim
CappuccinoJak
psychichobo
ClassicBlaze
raecor14
VaDoom
sure-magicians
Spurgun
BIG TIME MASTER
densetsushun
lextune
skarekrow13
Ulfsaar
TheAshenPhantom
billy_bayonet
Serious_Much
SlakeMoth
Myztyrio
reim0027
Steel Dragon74
EeAyEss
Carphil
deadagain
GrinTwist
Sloth9230
WandererReece
ChizFreak
argetlam213
Flankydizzle
Ashran
Soris Ice Goldwing
Animaaal
The Letter X
TehInfamousAmos
Tolvo
Samurainova
59 posters

Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

Poll

What level of skill do you consider yourself in Dark Souls?

[ 1 ]
    Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap1%Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [1%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 55 ]
    Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap47%Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [47%] 
    [ 22 ]
    Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 15 ]
    Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 16 ]
    Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [14%] 

Total Votes: 118
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

Post by billy_bayonet Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:59 pm

OBEY YOUR MASTER!
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you a Master of Dark Souls?

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:02 pm

I think I agree with Reim on this one

COME AT ME BRO!!!!!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:05 pm

And then all hell breaks loose. Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 1697181849
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:And then all hell breaks loose. Are you a Master of Dark Souls? - Page 2 1697181849

TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:30 pm

I prefer to consider myself a veteran in the Game. I have platnuimed the game, but it's been so long since I last played my skills have probably degraded.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:01 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:OBEY YOUR MASTER!
    What is thy bidding? Kill hosts 10 times my SL?? Check.
    Kill 1,000 hosts? Check
    No healing despite Estus/Humanity spammin? Check.
    Invade all over Lordran? Check.
    Go 3 vs 1 and still stand tall? Check.
    Ruthlessly parry the R1 spammers? Check.
    Give Kaathe so much humanity that he can't take it all? Check.
    Again, kill hosts 10 times my SL? Kill over 1,000 hosts? Check.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:09 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    billy_bayonet wrote:OBEY YOUR MASTER!
    What is thy bidding? Kill hosts 10 times my SL?? Check.
    Kill 1,000 hosts? Check
    No healing despite Estus/Humanity spammin? Check.
    Invade all over Lordran? Check.
    Go 3 vs 1 and still stand tall? Check.
    Ruthlessly parry the R1 spammers? Check.
    Give Kaathe so much humanity that he can't take it all? Check.
    Again, kill hosts 10 times my SL? Kill over 1,000 hosts? Check.

Sounds like a normal day in the forest
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 am

Exactly, what more could billy ask?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:27 am

reim0027 wrote:Exactly, what more could billy ask?

He could ask you to find a use for the pendant silly
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:10 am

Sloth9230 wrote:

He could ask you to find a use for the pendant silly

If he asked us for that we have the right to start a linch mob and/or chain BS him to death with a broken sword
    Ulfsaar

Post by Ulfsaar Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:30 am

Lets just say it's proportional to my playtime...

Last edited by Ulfsaar on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:31 am; edited 3 times in total
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:26 am

It seems to me there are a few too many polls on this forum at the moment and this one in particular serves no purpose, other than to give a platform for braggarts and those who will take any opportunity to focus attention on themselves. You know who you are.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:41 am

SlakeMoth wrote:It seems to me there are a few too many polls on this forum at the moment and this one in particular serves no purpose, other than to give a platform for braggarts and those who will take any opportunity to focus attention on themselves. You know who you are.

Always breaking my balls slake, always breaking my balls. sad
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:46 am

I don't see a title worthy of me (hooray false bravado).

I mean come on, I became such an integral part of the game they added me in the DLC
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 am

Carphil wrote:
    deadagain wrote:I would have to say veteran, master implies Ive done everything and I have some trophies Im too lazy to get.

following this idea, I'm a master. Got platinum on my PVE account and I have 8 PVP builds. But, I'm not expert like other people when it comes to PVP. I'm good, but I can get win streaks.

You don't need platinum to be a master. Platinum means you had enough time to play scavenger hunt. lol!
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:08 pm

you must cut down the tallest tree in the forest...wiiiiiiiith a herring
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:28 pm

OK. Here goes.

Dark Souls is the only game I have played since it came out, (unless you want to count some casual playing of geometry wars with my wife from time to time silly). I have logged thousands of hours.

My first run through was completely blind, and took nearly 300 hours. I believe I was somewhere around level 150 when I finished. I know that I was using a Divine +5 Halberd and had somewhere in the range of 40 faith, (never came across the large divine ember obviously).

After finishing my first play through I started reading the wiki and played through again to collect everything I missed, and to try and better understand weapon upgrades, etc.. After learning exactly how everything worked I played through a few more times with a lot less levelling and with maxed out weapons. Then came the challenges...

I did the common ones, SL1, naked, no shield, no levelling with each of the starting classes, speed run, Dragonform with only claws (no shield, soooo fun!) etc. etc.. I truly was a PvE master, and during this stretch XBL had a free gold weekend and I got my first taste of PvP and/or CoOp.

I was destroyed, lol.

....but I loved the new challenge to this game that I had completely owned and still had so much fun with. So I bought the XBL gold and set out to get better (and have some more fun in the PvP world).

Fast forward through a lot of failures, a lot of YouTube instructional videos, and a lot of trial and error and I feel like I have done everything possible in PvP and CoOp too.

Endless 3v1 victories, (still remember my first one though!).

Countless high level hosts killed, with ever lower soul leveled invaders.

Dozens of builds, highly focused on CoOp, anti-griefing.

Dueling builds. Ganker hunting builds. PvP builds based on every weapon class. Glass cannons. Everything.

.....everything.

On and on and on.

I voted Grand Master.

Last edited by lextune on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:29 pm

Tolvo wrote:
    SlakeMoth wrote:It seems to me there are a few too many polls on this forum at the moment and this one in particular serves no purpose, other than to give a platform for braggarts and those who will take any opportunity to focus attention on themselves. You know who you are.

Always breaking my balls slake, always breaking my balls. sad

Even if the cap fits, you don't have to wear it.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:31 pm

I like that Tolvo is very open about it, though. I support him 100% for stroking his ego because of the way he approaches it.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:46 pm

I guess newbies and novices dont get on forums then?
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Samurainova wrote:I guess newbies and novices dont get on forums then?
    Because of the way online communities are in general most newbies and novices wouldn't dare refer to themselves as such(that's not to say that this forum is unkind to them). Slake's point was that this thread serves no purpose and shows little humility. There's no reason to label yourself any of these things.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:56 pm

Samurainova wrote:I guess newbies and novices dont get on forums then?

That, or they don't want to post in a thread asking if they are a master of Dark Souls.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:10 pm

I certainly mastered the PVE. I would say if you can run through the PVE in a day, know where everything is, and basically not die unless you are make an occasional goof up you are a master.

Probably the next level, grandmaster, would be the guys who make sl1 runs and such.

I never mastered PVP, though I don't know if anybody ever does. I enjoyed it but too many try-hards for my taste.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:10 pm

argetlam213 wrote:I'd consider myself a veteran since I rarely use a shield now that I know the timing of boss and monsters attacks. But when it comes to PvP I'm still a newbie XD.

OMG i accidently skipped you lol thanks for being honest, ignore my last post about people not admitting to being newbies or novices. In return for my mistakes, i shall granteth thee, a token of apologies. :dung: This will furtilize your grass so you can grow more dark souls weed to increase your stamina regen rate ^^
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:13 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I certainly mastered the PVE. I would say if you can run through the PVE in a day, know where everything is, and basically not die unless you are make an occasional goof up you are a master.

Probably the next level, grandmaster, would be the guys who make sl1 runs and such.

I never mastered PVP, though I don't know if anybody ever does. I enjoyed it but too many try-hards for my taste.

Very interesting! I would have to agree pve wise, i can think of no other better test of ones pve skill. And yes, pvp has a TON of try-hards.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:45 am