Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Odinbear
Animaaal
davebroph
7 posters

Black Phantom Menace

davebroph
    davebroph

Black Phantom Menace Empty Black Phantom Menace

Post by davebroph Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Black phantoms - three of them - keep appearing in the same place in new londo ruins even when im hollow. This is my fifth playthrough and i've never seen this b4. Its really annoying cuz i just want to beat the 4 kings. I killed one of them with about 30 arrows; he just stood there like a dumb npc. Its weird. I don't understand.

Has this been happening to any1 else?

xbox
    sl 218
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Black Phantom Menace Empty Re: Black Phantom Menace

Post by Animaaal Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:00 pm

You've been infected by a Gravelord, find the sign and kill the Gravelord.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:22 pm

I wish the gravelord curse worked on first playthrough . It's awesome when you round a familiar corner and get the Black Phantom surprise.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:13 pm

an online player has infected your world with super powered black phantom enemies, to end the curse you will have to find his sign (has an aura of black smoke about it) once you touch it you will invade the gravelords world, if you kill him the curse will be broken, occasionally there is also a strange mechanic that makes the super enemies linger even after the gravelord has gone offline, theres a thread about how the entire thing works.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:15 pm

If the black phantoms linger after becoming disconnected from the servant (if you go offline, etc), there is an invisible timer that gets set to 10 minutes. Wait out the 10 minutes, and you'll receive the "disasters are gone..." message automatically and the black phantoms will dissappear.

However, the catch is that this timer resets itself every time the player dies, rests at a bonfire, or accesses a loading screen. So if you keep dying or resting at a bonfire, you can prolong the Gravelord infection indefinitely. I know of a few examples where someone thought the game bugged and gave them a permanent infection, but it turns out they were just resetting the timer by accident.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:17 pm

I'd like to add that you have to wait out the 10 minutes in New Londo itself , because exiting the area resets the timer aswell.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:05 am

i actually had to do the reset timer the other day in new londo (got infected like a week ago). I wish i could've murdered the one responsible for those stingy darkwraith darkwraiths who WOULDN'T DROP CHUNKS FOR ALL THE EFFORT I PUT INTO KILLING THEM but, hey I had real life obligations. Black Phantom Menace 3358384175
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:36 am

In my experience the Black Phantoms do tend to drop items more often then their regular counterpart , so the possibility of getting a slab of them might be high. The best thing about BP drops is that they are always gold , shiny shiny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:00 pm