Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+68
DigitaLinsanitY
Graelaoch
Qyntius
Leet
Icegodzilla
SadPanda
einherje
TheDeviantKnight
OminousSquaffle
Kahldris_Ducard
Ahhotep1
Paragon
ViralEnsign_
shadowzninjaz
Hugh_G_Johnson
Wilkinson3424
Demon Slayer
Aigaios
iiProdigyv
Carphil
jewfrozack
Horrendus
Raijinilli
divinebeanpole
AlphaTrol
destutiodaemonis
Odinbear
Serious_Much
Dibsville
billy_bayonet
Maneater_Mildred
jaythibodeau
Sneezer
ExplodingPenguin
WaveringRadiance
Hokucho
Squashy_Avocado
sure-magicians
Forum Pirate
VMatrixX
eclipse prince
FattyOfDoom
FinPeku
Avenger649
trzzy
LordTransvalence
Jansports
grossemesser
Dieselzilla
mindbottiling_52
Fawkes
GravityBlast
User1
Halicarnassis
SpyderADK
sicktwist
Emergence
Yukon
robsthedon
Ghadis_God
FexDS
WandererReece
twilightwarwolf
BeeSeaEss
RANT
Acarnatia
Murkulanvippi
slowturtles
72 posters

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 23 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:19 am

@Avenger...

You have made some very good points. Some of which are already under consideration. Thanks!

Several comments about this event.

1) Everyone knows the Red Team as the inherent advantage for various reasons which are obvious. That is why I encourage everyone to play all slots.
    Btown offered a rather unique advantage to the red team. Which was mentioned in the thread more then once. Recon runs were also suggested because I knew this area was going to be a tough one.
    The white team HAD to use a higher level of cunning to shift the balance.

2) The event moves from one area to another. Btown was simply the "next" event area. I have yet to decide where it will be next. The Catacombs proved a huge success last month. I really thought people would be ready for Btown. Some were ready and had a great time but it does the event little good if most were not.

3) It is the inherent nature of the event that creates an automatic advantage to the Red Team. That is why the White Team must use their "heads" and not blindly run through the event area. Myself and a few others had little problem "running" down the red team...even when most "split" and tried too lure and flank us. That is suppose to be what makes the event not only interesting but fun.

As good as my situational or "battlefield" (if you will) awareness was I bought the bullet with some very well planned ambushes. Granted no one spammed magic so they were in fact  good fights and well earned kills to my opponents credit.

4) The environment: Each environment offers different challenges to each team. It is up to each teams ability to assess those advantages and disadvantages and apply them to the environment.

Example: Red team has the up front advantage of "leading-off" and given (in Btown) a 2 min head start. They are given time to get a lead and set up ambushes or other traps. That is the whole point of the red team. White Team knows this (or should). If you are expecting an ambush you don't run with balls to the wind through the area. If you do you are asking for an "in your face" surprise. I should know...Jans got me not once but twice with Fire Tempest right in my face (in The Depths). My fault...I was an idiot the first time and a dumb *** the second time. But I also laughed my *** off!

5) As for balance: I was really hoping to avoid a long list of "no you can't do or use that" and up until recently no one abused  magic or pyro nor did anyone run to "deadly" npc areas even though they could (example: When event was in PW NO ONE run to the bonewheels and camped though they could have). Most knew that would kill the fun and variety in the event. Unfortunately, it looks like I will have to limit some things.

Well, I could go on but I can hear the reader already, "Omg...look at that wall of text". So I will stop. Please forgive the "wall".

Again, Avenger...Thanks for your suggestions!

And Jans, whether I took your negative comments personal or not is of no real relevance. It is the "Big Picture" (so to speak) that concerns me. And that is the Event, itself. This event is 4 months old and to see a post such as yours that has the potential of damaging the Event unfairly is of relevance to me. You have a right to your opinion and I respect that as I think I have demonstrated on numerous occasions in this Forum (in general). But how that opinion is delivered is significant also.  

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:54 am; edited 3 times in total
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 23 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by robsthedon Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:23 am

If the white team work together they should have the advantage, they have the estus, no danger of damaging each other, that's the way it normally goes in these situations.

Sorry I made a sudden exit last nite, but the boss wanted to watch a movie and I want a quiet life big grin
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:56 am

robsthedon wrote:If the white team work together they should have the advantage, they have the estus, no danger of damaging each other, that's the way it normally goes in these situations.

Sorry I made a sudden exit last nite, but the boss wanted to watch a movie and I want a quiet life big grin

Hahaha!! We certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for pissing off the Boss!! Thanks for hanging as long as ya did!!biggrin
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:59 am

Ahhotep1 wrote:
    robsthedon wrote:If the white team work together they should have the advantage, they have the estus, no danger of damaging each other, that's the way it normally goes in these situations.

Hahaha!! We certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for pissing off the Boss!! Thanks for hanging as long as ya did!!biggrin

Yeah she already lets me play far too much 0.o
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:18 am

It was great for me, and fun as well i was rocking out with this build: http://mmdks.com/2r8z   i change from HR to wolf and bellowing rings it was fun i really enjoy ambushes.

well done Bo sincerely on of the best events i ever had the pleasure to be in and one of the funniest as well.

Well What is it < Big HUG

im already thinkin on new areas for the next event i will pm you with my suggestions later
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:50 am

If i may ,i know this is stupid to say and apologies on my stupidity,  but perhaps we need to send out reminders to people who sign up. I think one of the bigger problems with this event is the people. Now before someone says im saying people are bad and spammers and etc. let me correct it, I think we need to do our best to make sure more poeple come here. Im sorry if this is rude but i get bored of facing the same people, and when i see a big list of people i get excited that i'll see new stratigies and see a varity of builds. That is, at least to me, a part of the fun.

The mere fact we also had a huge map was also a great idea i loved how i learn a map because of this and seeing how an area really is so i think we need to keep an eye open for bigger areas. For example imo i think anor ( if we havent already done it) would be great its big and has many places to ambush for both teams. Which also leads me to another point i dont know where everyone gets the idea that only the red team has to ambush or sneak or whatever. Personally it works both ways white team can be just like red team except they have to be a bit more cognisient of the area and thinking of what can happen.

This is just my 2 cents. Take it or leave its just my veiw on it.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:05 am

Demon Slayer wrote:It was great for me, and fun as well i was rocking out with this build: http://mmdks.com/2r8z   i change from HR to wolf and bellowing rings it was fun i really enjoy ambushes.

well done Bo sincerely on of the best events i ever had the pleasure to be in and one of the funniest as well.

im already thinkin on new areas for the next event i will pm you with my suggestions later

Great Fitz!! We can revisit areas as well. Also, I am not adverse to invader "hotspots" since there is way to "deal" with that situation (by the Host especially).

As a note:
    As always I do not condone ganking  random invaders. Except on rare occasions where I will authorize a gank for very specific reasons. Mostly, I PM them and explain whats going on. You would be surprised at the level of cooperation we have received. We have actually had random vaders join the event and they  had a good time!

Oh, and Thanks happy
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:18 am

Demon Slayer wrote:It was great for me, and fun as well i was rocking out with this build: http://mmdks.com/2r8z   i change from HR to wolf and bellowing rings it was fun i really enjoy ambushes.

Starting pyro would have saved 1 point
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:23 am

Jans or Robs...what is the best off-hand sword to use for duel wielding with a melee high dex build that favors the uchi in rh?
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:43 am

Falchion
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:16 pm

Falchion has the best off-hand move-set? And works well with the uchi move-set?
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:Falchion has the best off-hand move-set? And works well with the uchi move-set?

Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:25 pm

absolutely yes
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:18 pm

Demon Slayer wrote:absolutely yes

Ok, I shall play around with that combo. twisted
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:31 pm

What Sl are you on? 

we can have some fights if you dont mind:razz:
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:41 am

Ahhotep1 wrote:Jans or Robs...what is the best off-hand sword to use for duel wielding with a melee high dex build that favors the uchi in rh?

Gold tracer has best offhand move set if you don't parry, otherwise falch, scimitar, furysword, estoc, whip or even another uchi.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:35 am

So what is the next place 4 this event 

Lost izlaith
    Undead Paraish
    lower undead burg

Those r some places i think we should try cheers
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:57 am

shadowzninjaz wrote:So what is the next place 4 this event 

Lost izlaith
    Undead Paraish
    lower undead burg

Those r some places i think we should try cheers

Lost Izalith is on the table.

Undead Parish would require Hosts to make a new build. Meaning only those with the option to create a build (easily) would/could Host.  I will have another alternate account soon so that will no longer be an issue for me. So, it's on the table for discussion.

Lower Undead Burg is too linear with very few environmental options or challenges. So, it is not a viable option.

I am not adverse to going into the DLC. As I said...there are ways to deal with random vaders. Especially if all participants (not just hosts) began "blocking" each random vader as they show up in their world.

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:08 am

Dukes ?
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:45 am

robsthedon wrote:Dukes ?

Dukes is an odd one for me to visualize. It is (inside) multi-level yet still primarily linear with very few environmental options: stairs, bookshelves, the multi levels, the way from the prison and then the secret rooms. All, still relatively linear.

Outside would afford some hiding spots.

Crystal Caves...again, primarily linear. And it carries a huge disadvantage for the white team...the invisible walkways.

Due to run time constraints (based on the number of teams we can run at the same time) we could not do the inside and outside...more then likely.

I dunno? Thoughts people?
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:00 am

The royal woods would not be a bad place to go although as not everyone kills kalameet and so we have plenty of hosts and the area contains a lot of good ambush sites. The only problems are that the area is DLC and enemies are very concentrated.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:11 am

*Several posts have been deleted for derailing*

On that note: Jan's comments were not accusatory or offensive. I understand the willingness to support and defend the people running events and covenants, as they do great and often overlooked work, but let's please take feedback well and lead by example: if you read a post that you found offensive, being offensive in return accomplishes nothing.

Please everyone remember that reading tone on the written word is very difficult. You must strive to assume the best when you read and avoid giving into the easy "oh they mean to insult" because that is hardly ever the case.

Additionally, please keep mod reports for the mods and do not derail threads with arguments about right and wrong of situations, as it just creates more misunderstandings. I doubt anyone here wanted to make drama out of a fun event so let's all take a step back, collect our thoughts, and carry on.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:30 am

Avenger649 wrote:The royal woods would not be a bad place to go although as not everyone kills kalameet and so we have plenty of hosts and the area contains a lot of good ambush sites. The only problems are that the area is DLC and enemies are very concentrated.

Thanks, Fex Bow

Now, back to business....

You are right Avenger...it would be a cool place. And not as many enemy concentrations as you might think. I did a fairly complete run throughout the area  (for another event idea) and it is certainly do-able.

Definitely on the table for discussion. happy

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:14 pm

twilightwarwolf wrote:If i may ,i know this is stupid to say and apologies on my stupidity,  but perhaps we need to send out reminders to people who sign up. I think one of the bigger problems with this event is the people. Now before someone says im saying people are bad and spammers and etc. let me correct it, I think we need to do our best to make sure more poeple come here. Im sorry if this is rude but i get bored of facing the same people, and when i see a big list of people i get excited that i'll see new stratigies and see a varity of builds. That is, at least to me, a part of the fun.

The mere fact we also had a huge map was also a great idea i loved how i learn a map because of this and seeing how an area really is so i think we need to keep an eye open for bigger areas. For example imo i think anor ( if we havent already done it) would be great its big and has many places to ambush for both teams. Which also leads me to another point i dont know where everyone gets the idea that only the red team has to ambush or sneak or whatever. Personally it works both ways white team can be just like red team except they have to be a bit more cognisient of the area and thinking of what can happen.

This is just my 2 cents. Take it or leave its just my veiw on it.

Twilight you hit one problems nail right on the head. happy

Last time I chunked the participant roster I got people telling me "but I already signed up. So I left it intact the last couple events. Even new sign ups (if I recall) didn't show.
    So, you are absolutely right...I need to do something about it! happy
    As for your third point: White Team can ambush and Trap. Thank-You! YES!!! They can! big grin

Last event Robs and myself had the Red Team trapped and effectively cornered. I could see them...both reds on that first long ladder down after the dung pie guys and to the right. They had lost track of us!!!! And thought that we had already moved out after the time expired.  They WERE going to flank us. BUT I had to delay our start (white team) cause I had to do something which I can not remember.  Soooooo, there they were climbing down/up? or hanging out on the ladder....in plain sight!! lol!

They soon realized they had been discovered and climbed down as Robs and I beat feet to the top of the ladder. For a few moments they didn't what to do...so I did a plunging attack from the platform and Robs followed.

Alas, that plunge took off a good chunk of hp and I soon died sad
    We were laughing sooooo hard that my eyes were tearing to the point that I could not even see to play. lol!

What made it so hysterically funny is that three of us were in a skype call. So we all could hear everything!!! The: "OMG THEY SEE US" "****" "WHATA WE DO NOW" etc..... (Robs, I really wish you had been in on that call...you would have laughed even harder.

And this brings me to something else that has become very self-evident. We can do voice in chatango but it is not free. I will be checking into it. And if I can handle the cost of having voice in all three tango chats I will do it. big grin
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:19 pm

I think we could do anor. I know it's a little over used but for a search and destroy idea think with some many rooms and a few levels to it plus you yet some but not crap ton of enemies.

And thanks ahho and dang that sounds like it was hilarious. One of these days will be there for something like that *raises fist*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:12 am