Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Hugh_G_Johnson
AnCapaillMor
Bloodpact91
Jansports
MistahrFox
Zyrrashijn
IV_Mark_VI
Zephryl
NPCWhiteMage
Teh_hapy_octopus
Infighter
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
Mr. Tart
Zeta Prime
Phoenix Rising
Peaceful Wollyhop
Animaaal
22 posters

Dark Souls Living Riddles With Rules #1 (concluded but ongoing)

Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dark Souls Living Riddles With Rules #1  (concluded but ongoing) - Page 10 Empty Re: Dark Souls Living Riddles With Rules #1 (concluded but ongoing)

Post by Bloodpact91 Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:05 pm

for some reason i would like to say Taurus Demons

Last edited by Bloodpact91 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Dark Souls Living Riddles With Rules #1  (concluded but ongoing) - Page 10 Empty Re: Dark Souls Living Riddles With Rules #1 (concluded but ongoing)

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Black Knight?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:13 pm

No, and No.
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Centipede Demon or Demon Firesage then.

Last edited by Bloodpact91 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Nito.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:19 pm

Jesus crimany you're popular Rynn.

If you submit a third riddle, I'm limiting it 5 guesses silly jj

Back to editing.....
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:31 pm

Stray demon?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:51 pm

AnCapaillMor wrote:Stray demon?
    Ding Ding.
    Now assuming this was within 20 guesses, you won. I'll post the reasoning in a while, currently streaming.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:00 pm

I'm guessing flare for the AOe attack, shield for the crest shield, good block against it. tomb because it looks like a tomb and the fall just gives it away.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:09 pm

cheers WINNER AnCapaillMor cheers

You have 24 hrs hours sir/miss, or you can forgo the right
    and declare the floor open.

No rainchecks, sorry. Shrug

Last edited by Animaaal on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:11 pm

I forgo the right, book\bed time soon and it's paddys day tommorrow.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Yoink~ I'm taking it then. Will post the riddle in a sec, just gotta find where I saved it...
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:14 pm

AnCapaillMor wrote:I forgo the right, book\bed time soon and it's paddys day tommorrow.

You are kind. And thanks for participating. Bow

Maybe we should come up with a side event for cool guessers. :?:

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:16 pm

Zephryl wrote:Yoink~ I'm taking it then. Will post the riddle in a sec, just gotta find where I saved it...

First poster???

There are no rules stipulating calling dibs I do not believe....
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:17 pm

From darkest pits to highest peaks
    A lifeless thing, its fate so bleak
    The light is gone, it can't repeat
    Fading away, the task complete.

*Chinscratch* I hate to give it a category, buuuut since I gotta... Misc
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Nope, rules clearly state "first come, first serve basis".

Hurry Zeph, good luck. happy
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Zephryl wrote:From darkest pits to highest peaks
    A lifeless thing, its fate so bleak
    The light is gone, it can't repeat
    Fading away, the task complete.

*Chinscratch* I hate to give it a category, buuuut since I gotta... Misc

cheers cheers cheers

Sweet lol. Editing........
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:30 pm

A spirit.
    Darkwraith, Darkmoon, or Summon, it does not matter, but this the act of another player being in your world.
    MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:38 pm

*Goes to type and looks at Rynn's post* ...... :dung:
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Also, that explanation.

Fiery flares drop everywhere
    >The stray demon throws out his explosion attacks frequently
    Like rounded pools filled with despair
    >Embelished description of the attack
    Yet shields worn by ashen knights
    receive only a short reprieve
    >Black Knight Shield, while possessing very high fire defense, has only 25% magic defense, and despite appearances the explosion causes magic damage, so a shield of an ashen knight only delays death for a very short time.

Gathers Dust in an old tomb
    >It's battlefield is a tomb
    Sought for treasures never took
    >While most players grab the slab, far fewer take the rusted iron ring.
    twixt between it's always there
    >The demon can be seen within 4 seconds of the game starting.
    and with it's flare it spreads despair
    >Repeating a previous point.

Weakened force we crash we fall
    In crystals, chaos, or faithful Gall
    >Describing what our character may be like
    we look upon the flare once more
    and in a flash it then will fall.
    >Defeating the Stray Demon.
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:18 pm

Black knights?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Zephryl wrote:...*Chinscratch* I hate to give it a category, buuuut since I gotta... Misc

Keep in mind that using a category can be very advantageous. This statement is also directed at guessers and potential voters. If the author wisely chooses the category, it could cause pollsters to appreciate the riddle more. However, if they feel deceived in a way that makes them think the riddle should have obviously been put into a different category, it could be detrimental instead.

Rynn wrote:A spirit.

Darkwraith, Darkmoon, or Summon, it does not matter, but this the act of another player being in your world.

2) A riddle submitted must contain a category. They are as follows:

-Items: This includes all the items in the game, as well as the keys. ie green blossom, peculiar doll, bequethed lord soul, weapon smith box, etc.

-People: Any person directly in game, or hinted to in lore. This would also include enemies, bosses, optional bosses, etc.

-Weapons: This includes weapons, armor, shields, ammunition, spells, pyros, miracles, rings, and casting tools.

-Misc: This includes anyhting outside of the other categories.

As of now, I interpret the "people" category as NOT including yourself, the phantoms you summon, a "spirit of vengence", or anything like that. I read it as anything living (NPC) with a name...

...Is that agreed?

Secondly, do I state this answer as a "spirit"? It seems to encompass all possible scenarios...and I'm not sure if an answer should be able to be encompassing...

...is that agreed?

As of now, even though its the "misc" category, and similar situations may arise, I will say Rynn's answer is a spirit and/or Darkwraith and/or Darkmoon.

However, I will only count this as 1 guess for Rynn, and would also appreciate Rynn and Zeph and anyone else to say yay or nay.

Do these things matter in misc??? Its a pretty broad category. :?:

If this reasoning is wrong, i shall change the "answers given"

thanks in advance Bow

Last edited by Animaaal on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:36 pm

*post 2 and 3 updated.

***EDIT***

plz read post #247, thanks again.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:30 am

I'm not sure where "Summons", both good and bad, should fall myself, but it shouldn't matter too much so long as it's stated on the front page which category they are in.

And I think, in this case, Rynn isn't making every type of summon/invasion her answer, she's just making her answer "Another player being in your world" so I think it's fine to stay.

I think giving a category can be advantageous to Guessers, and probably some of the Riddle Creators that aren't as confident in their riddles, I just think in this case giving out the category might make people overlook the answer... It might not, I might just be overly worried... I guess we'll find out after it's done~

Although, it is not "Spirit" nor the "Black Knights".
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:49 am

Zephryl wrote:I'm not sure where "Summons", both good and bad, should fall myself, but it shouldn't matter too much so long as it's stated on the front page which category they are in.

And I think, in this case, Rynn isn't making every type of summon/invasion her answer, she's just making her answer "Another player being in your world" so I think it's fine to stay.

I think giving a category can be advantageous to Guessers, and probably some of the Riddle Creators that aren't as confident in their riddles, I just think in this case giving out the category might make people overlook the answer... It might not, I might just be overly worried... I guess we'll find out after it's done~

Although, it is not "Spirit" nor the "Black Knights".

I'm starting to get impression as long as I don't tighten the descriptions of the categories anymore it could add mystery to a debate arguing they inhibit mystery.

Besides, the author is not the one to ask right?

I will change the answer given at your request, and unless Rynn wants to further clear it up and request I reword it again (which I would gladly do) the Riddle Ref considers this resolved and thanks you for your clarifications in this matter. Proper Bow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:26 am