Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Hugh_G_Johnson
AnCapaillMor
Bloodpact91
Jansports
MistahrFox
Zyrrashijn
IV_Mark_VI
Zephryl
NPCWhiteMage
Teh_hapy_octopus
Infighter
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
Mr. Tart
Zeta Prime
Phoenix Rising
Peaceful Wollyhop
Animaaal
22 posters

Dark Souls Living Riddles With Rules #1 (concluded but ongoing)

AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dark Souls Living Riddles With Rules #1  (concluded but ongoing) - Page 13 Empty Re: Dark Souls Living Riddles With Rules #1 (concluded but ongoing)

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:40 am

Mr. Tart wrote:Both of Rynn's riddles, i've thought of the answers now, but i went with the conclusions that they were just silly and not possibly the answer. Dark Souls Living Riddles With Rules #1  (concluded but ongoing) - Page 13 2707236321

Should thank you actually, was originally going with bonfire but once you said it, knew it had to be warping. When i saw bonfire i was either going to kill or hug you.

Someone else go instead of me, in work at the moment and the brain is working on other things.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls Living Riddles With Rules #1  (concluded but ongoing) - Page 13 Empty Re: Dark Souls Living Riddles With Rules #1 (concluded but ongoing)

Post by Zephryl Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:42 am

Mr. Tart wrote:Both of Rynn's riddles, i've thought of the answers now, but i went with the conclusions that they were just silly and not possibly the answer. Look Skyward

Yeah~ Part of the reason I don't like the guess limits. If there was no limit to guessing, you might guess the "Silly" guesses just in case.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:47 am

An oak tree's heart is where I'm your finest treasure

The Great Hollow is easiest left by warping.

A painted trap the finest pleasure

The painted world of ariamis is only reached throuh a warp.

An eye could bring you straight into me

The red eye orb, the blue eye orb

An eye could bring "friends" straight through me

The Eyes of death, friends is written in quotations because the people sent aren't really friendly.

Fond memories are made through me

One memorizes the locations they can warp too if they play the game too much, and most people consider Dark Souls a fond memory.

Fond injuries are forged with me

A reference to both dueling and to dying: both are experiences many people find, while frustrating, fun.

Prisons are found only with me

Without cheating, the only way to reach the dukes prison is a warp.

Light Gwyn's fire and you'll come straight to me

Beating the game warps you to the beginning.

Run out of estus, and you may meet me

You only may meet a teleportation: You could easily get back to the bonfire without dying.

Touching my bones could take you to me

A homeward bone takes you through a warp. But nothing stops you from using one even if you're right next to the bonfire.

Some magicians, claim they know me

Homeward: It's a miracle.

Some cats promise to take you to me

Alvina teleports you to the forest to fight.

I promise friend, we'll often meet

Teleportation happens often in Dark Souls

but bleak is that fate, because you'll never stay with me

Teleportation is short lived.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:07 am

Rynn wrote:An oak tree's heart is where I'm your finest treasure

The Eyes of death, friends is written in quotations because the people sent aren't really friendly.

One memorizes the locations they can warp too if they play the game too much, and most people consider Dark Souls a fond memory.

A reference to both dueling and to dying: both are experiences many people find, while frustrating, fun.

You only may meet a teleportation: You could easily get back to the bonfire without dying.

A homeward bone takes you through a warp. But nothing stops you from using one even if you're right next to the bonfire.

Ugh, that's very ambiguous
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:22 am

Actually, each clue narrows down the possibilities. None of the prior guesses fit =every= single clue.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:27 am

The only line I disagree with is "Some magicians, claim they know me"

It kinda suggests Sorceries rather than Miracles.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:33 am

Zephryl wrote:The only line I disagree with is "Some magicians, claim they know me"

It kinda suggests Sorceries rather than Miracles.
    A magician losely refers to anyone that uses magic.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:01 am

True, it's not riddle-breaking or even close to riddle-breaking, just something that would've thrown me off if I'd been on the right track (I wasn't, as it happens)
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:11 am

Took that one as pyro, fire, bonfire,warp.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:23 pm

12) You may submit up to 3 riddles per thread, and have 3 riddles entered into the "riddle off" poll.

@Rynn

You have a beatufiul imagination. I'm an artist myself and I appreciate the fine arts on a very deep level. Thank you for all of your contributions.

@everyone

I have several riddles, poems, and short stories I saved over the years and am constantly writing new things.

If you read the rules, you'll see they were designed for US...not me. So now I have to enforce a rule that affects YOU not me.

I dont know how you guys would want me to handle this. I have to go to the hispital, then work, then back to the hospital.

I'll check back later on what the general consensus is.

Technically the guesser deferred and the floor is open, but like I said, the rules were a template I designed to benefit the forum and playing a riddle game that isnt so confusing.

So, its the forum that should decide I guess. I think 4 riddles in one contest is a little much, but what the he|| do I know? My mind is on my father-in-law in the hospital right now.

cyaguyslater
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:39 pm

And again....PLEASE keep the downvotes to trolling only.

Rynn is participating and could've easily not read the rule,ofrgotten about it.....jeez..... Look Skyward

Anyways, please readprevious post and comment,

thanks, maaal

***EDIT***

Someone actually gave me a downvote for post number 1, I call jealousy lol. Does this thread and its rules just suckballz or something?
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Hrm... perhaps limit it to 3 for the "Riddle off" but let people post more than 3?

Maybe have a time limit? E.g If you've posted 3 riddles in the thread, the floor has to be open for 24 hours before you can post another...

Not sure, but just something so that the thread doesn't die if there's a slow patch.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:17 pm

Zephryl wrote:Hrm... perhaps limit it to 3 for the "Riddle off" but let people post more than 3?

Maybe have a time limit? E.g If you've posted 3 riddles in the thread, the floor has to be open for 24 hours before you can post another...

Not sure, but just something so that the thread doesn't die if there's a slow patch.

*snip

I mistook something and was wrong, what I said makes no sense what-so-ever.

Last edited by Animaaal on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:22 pm

I didn't mean having 2 riddles at once, but if the floor had been open for 24 hours and nobody had posted a new riddle. In that case, someone who's already posted 3 could have another go, so that there's a Riddle for people to guess.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:37 pm

I believe that's only my third riddle... did I break a rule somewhere?
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Rynn wrote:I believe that's only my third riddle... did I break a rule somewhere?

I think it's more a preventative rule, so that more people get a chance to post riddles of their own.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Rynn wrote:An oak tree's heart is where I'm your finest treasure

I want to point out you hit a load screen every single time you warp.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:32 pm

I believe the floor is open... so... I'll have a go:

I stand tall
    Though I fly
    I also fall
    Hear my cry
    I'll spoil your fun
    Prepare to die
    Or else run!

Category: people

This may prove to be very easy, but I think we're due for an easier one. Good luck!
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:37 pm

bridge drake
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:47 pm

Incorrect.

I feel much better now. I was terrified it was only going to take one guess. silly
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Teh_hapy_octopus Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:55 pm

Gargoyles
    Crowharpiethingies
    Those annoying lightning spear bald gargoyle thing at anorlondo
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:52 pm

Teh_hapy_octopus wrote:Gargoyles
    Crowharpiethingies
    Those annoying lightning spear bald gargoyle thing at anorlondo

no, yes, no.

To be clear the answer is "a harpie".

I stand tall
    literally and figuratively harpies are tall and perch on the highest points in the painted world.
    Though I fly
    I also fall
    For some reason these stupid things can fall to their death even though they fly. The winged demons in Anor Londo have wings, but hop without really flying; much like chickens. It's also a metaphor for their prowess as an enemy, they can be quite tough at times and other times they figuratively and literally fall flat on their face.
    Hear my cry
    I'll spoil your fun
    They shreak before they do that jump on your head attack that you have to sit and watch forever, even if death is inevitable... very annoying; not fun... :evil:
    Prepare to die
    Or else run!
    The aforementioned attack is often fatal, so avoiding it at all costs is advisable. And I fit "prepare to die" into my riddle, yay! cheers :arrow: :|

...I told you it'd be easy.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:20 pm

Jansports wrote:
    I want to point out you hit a load screen every single time you warp.
    Magicians do not claim to know loading screens.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Rynn wrote:I believe that's only my third riddle... did I break a rule somewhere?

No I'm sorry Rynn, the last one you submitted was 4. I could employ the "sub-thread clause", but that was really reserved for correct guesses on a riddle that has been unverified by the riddle author for an extended period of time.<--WRONG See nxt post

Besides, there is another riddle thread we all know of where fun can still be had: Riddle Competition

Zephryl wrote:...I think it's more a preventative rule, so that more people get a chance to post riddles of their own....

This would be correct.

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:I believe the floor is open... so... I'll have a go:

I stand tall
    Though I fly
    I also fall
    Hear my cry
    I'll spoil your fun
    Prepare to die
    Or else run!

Category: people

This may prove to be very easy, but I think we're due for an easier one. Good luck!

I seen the suggestions for Rynn's 4th riddle submitted, but seen zero recommendations to forgo the rule entirely.
    So, in accordance with the rules established before the problem arose...
    <--[color=red]AGAIN WRONG SEE NEXT POST[/color]]cheers (Because of the solver's deferment)...
    ...and his riddle would be next in succession and has since been solved.
    <--WORNG WRONG WORNG BAD ANIMAAAL!!!

Teh_hapy_octopus

cheers now has the floor cheers

*The window will close at exactly 4:52pm EST on 03/21/2013

If there are no objections or faults in the Riddle Ref's ruling...

.....THEN LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!! cheers...or whenever octo is ready that is lol

***I'll be editing in the meantime. I'll check back to see if my ruling as a Riddle Ref is supported or disputed.
    Thanks again for everyones civility and participation,
    maaal

Last edited by Animaaal on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:25 am; edited 4 times in total
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Are you certain Animaal? I seriously only count 3.

A flicker, a flare
    Fiery Pools filled with dispair
    and The Oaken Heart.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:38 pm