Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
gmwdim
Nybbles
Zephryl
Rynn
RANT
Forum Pirate
AnCapaillMor
hey its andres
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jodecho
Hue
15 posters

Something i can't understand

Brigade
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Something i can't understand - Page 2 Empty Re: Something i can't understand

Post by Brigade Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:08 pm

Zephryl wrote:
    I really do wish sequels were judged more harshly though... A Sequel should by all rights, do every single thing better than the original. It's why I don't like it when games like COD make an entirely new game using stuff that they could've added as DLC to their previous game...

No. No more DLC. A sequel does not have to surpass the original in any way. This is the kind of thinking that spawned the the last two Mass Effect games. Because of the industry's obsession with making everything better, they turned one of the best Sci-fi RPGs on the market into a glorified michael bay film.

The only purpose of a sequel is to progress the story.

You don't invent a new kind of paper every time you write a new book, but if a new kind of paper is created while you're writing it, you'll use it when it's time to hit the presses.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Something i can't understand - Page 2 Empty Re: Something i can't understand

Post by hey its andres Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:52 pm

As long as it stays true to its origins, I feel that's more important that whether or not it's "better." Take Assassin's Creed for instance. 2 just happened to be better and remain true to itself, but the closer you get to 3 the more the games become adventure, dungeon, and sometimes questing games and as they do they lose that "assassin" feel. By the time 3 comes along it's just a jumbled mess.

I do NOT want to see the same happen to the Soul series.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:09 pm