Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
reim0027
Soris Ice Goldwing
User1
Emergence
Sneezer
Elifia
Jansports
densetsushun
Virulas
KrazykevS10
XachAttack
Rynn
The Letter X
TehInfamousAmos
nsane32
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Animaaal
Serious_Much
Automancer
Tolvo
steveswede
Saturday-Saint
26 posters

Japanese people telling it how it is.

Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Japanese people telling it how it is. Empty Japanese people telling it how it is.

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUTRSc8Bhzg

Turn on English sub-titles. It's the little icon on the bottom of the youtube player that says CC. Just click on it. Then brace for English.

Street Fighter players, but who cares. What they say applies to PvP in this game just fine. Also I think it's supposed to be a joke, but who cares. What they say applies to PvP in this game just fine when you take it seriously.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Japanese people telling it how it is. Empty Re: Japanese people telling it how it is.

Post by steveswede Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:43 am

The guy in the video speaks the whole truth. Those words need to be etched in stone for all to see in any PvP community.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Japanese people telling it how it is. Empty Re: Japanese people telling it how it is.

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:53 am

This guy kind of just sounds like an egotistical ******* only interested in himself. Definitely not the type of person I would want to associate myself with.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:02 am

I don't agree with everything he said. I don't need to win to have fun.\
    If he doesn't like that, it's fine. No need to insult others.

People like that need to experience humility.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:05 am

See I'm fine with that idea in championships or competitive play, because that is the point. Just winning above all else.

Outside of competitive play it just seems like people trying to stroke their egos though. Kind of like if you know a group of guys that play football at the park, and one of them is good(Or just thinks he is) He'll brag about victories and focus on just winning and you can't help but think. Does he know this isn't competitive football? If he really thinks he's that good he should try out for a team or something.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 am

I find it hilarious when people take pride in their gaming ability... It like this isn't meant for adults silly

Then again I am sick at mario kart, COME AT ME BRAH lol!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:40 am

You should see how good I am at throwing the blue shell.

My Banana tactics could use improvement though.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:04 am

Tolvo wrote:Outside of competitive play it just seems like people trying to stroke their egos

I am hideously sick of this attitude. It's dishonest and insulting and like 96% of why I don't play Dark Souls frequently anymore.

I like playing to win. I like squeezing every bit of optimization out of a game and pushing every boundary it has. I like exploring the system handed to me, and I like bending it to my advantage, and if I can, I like to break it. I like to watch as my opponents put it back together, as they learn how to overcome whatever obstacles I've created for them. I like when I'm forced to do the same with whatever they put in my way. And I enjoy none of that for the purpose of coming on here and bragging about how *** great I am at Dark Souls.

Just so we're on the same page, my signature is a joke.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:15 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:Outside of competitive play it just seems like people trying to stroke their egos

I am hideously sick of this attitude. It's dishonest and insulting and like 96% of why I don't play Dark Souls frequently anymore.

I like playing to win. I like squeezing every bit of optimization out of a game and pushing every boundary it has. I like exploring the system handed to me, and I like bending it to my advantage, and if I can, I like to break it. I like to watch as my opponents put it back together, as they learn how to overcome whatever obstacles I've created for them. I like when I'm forced to do the same with whatever they put in my way. And I enjoy none of that for the purpose of coming on here and bragging about how *** great I am at Dark Souls.

Ya but, doesn't that mean you two are kinda saying the same thing?

It doesn't matter what you find fun, if its fun then its fun...right?!?!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:19 am

I assume he's getting paid to play these fighting games?
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:24 am

GAMES WHERE MEANT TO BE FUN NOT COMPETITIVE

Japanese people telling it how it is. Logoimage_SOMENIGHTS_bigger
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:27 am

^ Can someone upvote this guy? I ran out. =)
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:27 am

Animaaal wrote:Ya but, doesn't that mean you two are kinda saying the same thing?

My grief lies with the false dichotomy set up between fun and winning and the baggage that comes along with it. If you want to have fun, you don't care about winning. If you care about winning, you hate fun. See: two posts above me.

@Pendant: I very much doubt it.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:32 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I assume he's getting paid to play these fighting games?

I think of how fun it would be to get paid to do that, then I think about this one time....

...I'm a mortician. I went on a cornorer call once and this dude literally had a heart attack (assumed at the time, verified later) sittting at his computer playing WoW. There was literally a mouse eating his finger when we showed up.

I never seen so many tough guys (cops) vomit and dry heave at one time lol. I shouldn't laugh though, if I didn't have a family and got paid to play, I'd drink like a fish and suffer the same fate.

@Saturday

I don't see it that way at all. I think Tolvo enjoys playing win or lose. I think you enjoy playing when you win more than lose. I'm not saying I think you can't have fun if you lose (doesn't sound like it), I'm saying you simply enjoy it more.

And btw, I always read all the posts when there's not 20 pages.

Last edited by Animaaal on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:33 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:

If Wining is all that matters than killing is all that matters If you play to win that means that all you want is the 10 minuet that you beat some one at something and you'll do anything to achieve. That is not how you live your life you enjoy life and you dont gain enjoyment through the suffer of other if you think thats the only way to live than you are a self absorbed, egotistical a****** thats turning Mankind into crazed animals you are no better than a simple ant you dont live to help others which is what Humanity IS working together to survive and your setting a bad example for yourself and everyone around you
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:36 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:Ya but, doesn't that mean you two are kinda saying the same thing?

My grief lies with the false dichotomy set up between fun and winning and the baggage that comes along with it. If you want to have fun, you don't care about winning. If you care about winning, you hate fun. See: two posts above me.

@Pendant: I very much doubt it.

Having FUN is winning it means you enjoy your life and dont need anything els
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:38 am

Animaaal wrote:There was literally a mouse eating his finger when we showed up.
    I spent a couple seconds trying to figure out how this guy's computer mouse was eating anything.

Animaaal wrote:I don't see it that way at all. I think Tolvo enjoys playing win or lose. I think you enjoy playing when you win more than lose. I'm not saying I think you can't have fun if you lose (doesn't sound like it), I'm saying you simply enjoy it more.
    I don't care about individual wins or losses. Winning is just an objective. It is the work involved in reaching that objective that makes games enjoyable.

EDIT: nsane32 is perhaps the purest, if not most ludicrous, example of the mindset I'm arguing against. I think maybe he is trolling, though.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:42 am

its people like you that turned gaming in the black mess it is today I bet youve never played Quake or DOOM The Godfathers of FUN
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:49 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:There was literally a mouse eating his finger when we showed up.
    ...I spent a couple seconds trying to figure out how this guy's computer mouse was eating anything...

lol! BRILLIANT!

Spoiler:

Also, I get it dude. I'm sorta the same way. But I play games for others reasons than most.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:51 am

I have a very good reason to hate people only looking to win
    Edit: just clearing up my other posts
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:54 am

Nsane, take Hobbes hypothetical state of nature. Humans are egoistic beings - we are driven by selfish motives. I would further elaborate but truthfully I currently cannot be arsed to explain myself.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:56 am

I must not be human I have no desire to win only to selflessly help others
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:57 am

I play complex strategy/rpgs to try and briefly escape certain realities and cannot control. They make me think and occupy my mind.

Win or lose, its better than a few things I have to deal with on a daily basis. Simple as that.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 am

The point of the video is that no one should be complaining when they lose as long as it is within the natural boundaries of the game. You should not be complaining about someone chain BSing you or anything else that might be considered dirty. The person talking in the video said he will use anything that will give him that edge in the game, even if it means taking advantage of it, like unescapable chained combos.

What he didn't mention is that it is perfectly okay not to take advantge of those things if you don't plan on winning all of your fights. Those that do not plan on being "as good as him" shouldn't bother taking advantage of the game mechanics if they don't like it, but also shouldn't be complaining about it when someone else does.

I like to play to win, but I don't like to go as far as this guy. I can understand where he is coming from, though. People should not be complaining about others if they're using something within the game or not. (Though I did not like his attitude toward those who did not use anything they can to win.)
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:39 am

I would say in response to what you say nsane: 'Riddle me this, if you are so selfless as you say then why have you not forsaken your home or allowed homeless people to live with you?' Though I suppose that would be taking your statement far too literally.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:36 am