Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Carphil
Joichiro
KrazykevS10
Dibsville
GrinTwist
Soris Ice Goldwing
nsane32
roanispe
Dutchy
O1va_
Jwebby6
Halicarnassis
Walter_White
Myztyrio
wahwah
VaDoom
Forum Pirate
Rumeye
CrackSouls
Cronotis
ublug
Rifter7
bunnywink
reim0027
Saturday-Saint
leonardo503
Serious_Much
Emergence
densetsushun
Nybbles
Juutas
Seignar
crbngville2
DemonOfFate
Animaaal
Jansports
User1
Rynn
Automancer
skarekrow13
LunarFog
EeAyEss
46 posters

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Poll

Will you use this new "bbg?"

[ 27 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 5 I_vote_lcap47%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [47%] 
    [ 30 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 5 I_vote_lcap53%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [53%] 

Total Votes: 57
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 5 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:48 pm

I think the fact it's in the PvP section only further proves my point- everyone just thinks it's a tool for pvp, not griefing :| (I don't really count griefing as pvp as it's not a contest, more of a sentence to lose your enjoyment)
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 5 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Oh, look at that 70 souls you got for killing that new player! Happy now?

That is what I would say, if I ever witnessed a griefing.

EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:27 pm

I see your point, Spam_much. I personally do not like this exploit.

However, I find its potential to be used properly very beneficial, therefore I use it. I also plan to make several anti-grief builds for co-op.

Truly, there must be made a covenant dedicated to this act. Fighting the "good fight" against griefers.

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 5 3358384175
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:30 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Truly, there must be made a covenant dedicated to this act. Fighting the "good fight" against griefers.

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 5 3358384175

There was, just noone actually gave a **** and just went on using their nice easy-bake oven made characters for SL120 pvp while this covenant failed to attract members:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t7102-nightwatch?highlight=nightwatch

It was the first ever user covenant, glad to say I helped make it. Sadly It never took off. Why? People are quick to say they dislike griefing, but less so in actually doing something about it.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:35 pm

Oh, I remember that old cov. A shame.

It's not like I would do it all the time, of course, nor would I expect anyone to be really serious/dedicated about it.

People are always quick to say something then not do anything about it. That's the sad, sad condition of the human race. Especially this generation. Promises mean nothing anymore.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:35 pm

Griefers have existed for a long time and there will always be griefers.
    When we first started, we too suffered from griefers and had to farm for our own stuff because most of us didn't even know about those glitches.

Even so, look where we are now. I honestly don't think that this will scare away new players. BB Glitch didn't scare away new players back then too. If they were that frightened, then DkS just isn't the game for them.

With every exploit, there's always a negative side that players will manipulate for bad reasons. That's why as a community, we need to have the responsibility not to abuse it for the wrong reasons.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Automancer wrote:
    With every exploit, there's always a negative side that players will manipulate for bad reasons. That's why as a community, we need to have the responsibility not to abuse it for the wrong reasons.

The problem is, laziness is more of a wrong reason than a right one.

I never understood the whole "skip out playing the game so I can play it more" thing, it's a complete oxymoron. Just play it or dont. If you don't like playing through it, then you shouldn't.

If people resorted to anything else- "I'm on benefits because I'm too lazy to work", "I drove 2 minutes because I was too lazy to walk", "I didn't do my work because I couldn't be bothered to put the 5-10 hours into it".. Yet when people say it about souls it's suddenly completely acceptable? My mind boggles.

Thats pretty much why if I ever get bored of playing souls through, I stop and come back to it when I'm interested again.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Then just play it the way you want. You can't stop others from doing so.
    I understand that you have your own opinion on this but that isn't the case for others. I personally rarely have the time to play. When i'm on the forums, it's before i go to work, when i'm having a lunch break at work or when i get back.

I don't have the time to do as much PvE as i used to nor do i have the interest in doing so. I've played PvE since it came out and i'm totally spent so my focus has shifted over to PvP. So making a new build from scratch and farming everything isn't time efficient.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:01 pm

Yeah I love playing souls. I don't always love farming 3000 dark wraiths for one more slab. Or beating Pikachu and Snorlax on NG++ just for some more casts of spells.

I want to PvP. If I wanted to PvE there would be no problem. The problem is theres 12 hours of PvE standing between me and the PvP I want.

I'll say this once very clearly. Farming Phalanx to level up BOTH of my Pyrogloves to max is not an Engaging, challenging or useful way for me to spend time. I know I can do it, anyone could do it it doesn't prove anything. It just sucks minutes and hours out of my life that would be better spent using my REO.

I'm not lazy, I've logged a ridiculous number of hours. I have a maxed out level 1 (no bbg) and level 2(I wanted 10 dex sooo bad) I have 100s and 120s from post BBG era with 4 stacks of WoG or the super ******* 5 casts of Dark Bead (my forest bro)

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=392284544773378220

Oh look a build I've never used before. Boy it sure looks like FUN smashing into someone with a SLB DGM. Too bad I don't have 9 hours today to make it and test it so I'll never know if I really enjoy it or if its even viable.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:10 pm

I think the biggest problem though is the fact people seem to go to excess with their builds in what they say it 'needs'

on your PvP build needs 4 stacks of wog or 5 of dark bead, 2 pyro gloves? there's no advantage to 2 maxed gloves.. Why do you need them? you don't really.

why do you need to farm for slabs? you only need one +15 weapon and difference between top level and one below is 20 AR. 20, seriously.

I'm sorry, but the extra hours farming for unnecessary stuff like that doesn't really count in my eyes, and doesn't make me have any sympathy. If you like PvP as much as you say you do, then you're probably good enough to play and win without having every single weapon and piece of armour fully upgraded.

I also don't get the whole thing about literally 'needing' to make new builds. Like seriously just use different weapons on the ones you have or something, with like 4-5 builds you can cover most PvP specialties.. I bet both of you have had builds into the double figures..
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:22 pm

Oh yeah I've PvPed on double digit builds THIS WEEK.

Yeah I Could use the DGM on my BKGA build. but I've wasted 8 points into Dex at that point, AND it's a bit heavier so I'd want those points in END so I can wear armor.

When I'm hosting in the forest I do NEED an exorbitant number of casts, because I plan on being in there and alive for quite a long time without resting.

I would never use a +14 without the intention of making it +15. There is no reason not to get the most out of everything you can. And if 20 AR doesn't matter to you, then fight be where all your weapons get -20ar and all mine get +20ar because it doesn't really matter does it? (Except it does matter it makes you do more damage)
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Eh, i really can't be bothered to convince others when they're too headstrong about their own opinions. You play it your way, we'll play ours.

I'm having fun and no one is going to stop me.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Serious, since you mentioned need, do we really need to play this game?

We want to PvP to our highest potential, and we like having optimized-to-hell builds. Sure, we can win without maxed out gear. I do that often enough, but, like I said, a lot of us enjoy having optimized-as-*** builds.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:20 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Serious, since you mentioned need, do we really need to play this game?

We want to PvP to our highest potential, and we like having optimized-to-hell builds. Sure, we can win without maxed out gear. I do that often enough, but, like I said, a lot of us enjoy having optimized-as-*** builds.

Well, the way some people talk about it it seems they have an underlying addiction to PvP, which shines through in the way that not getting to PvP quickly and having to PvE irks them so damn much! Anyways..

Thing is, the optimisation doesn't even make much difference- jansports talking about 8 points of wasted dex... For using DGM.. that thing 2-3 shots people anyways! you wont miss the points.. I never got this to be honest. My builds are never optimised really, I get a rough iidea of the stats I wanna do and just roll with it, see what armours i pick up along the way kinda work, and just go with it.

Arguably though, if you wanna play the best you can, you should play with a slightly compromised build as you'll become a better player by competing at a disadvantage. Shrug

Jan sports- when I pvp and get bored of weapons, i regularly use +14, it's really not that bad, in the grand scheme of things. (my armour is also usually at most +5, i just can never be bothered to upgrade it, you know?) You should try it, hell as i said above, you'll probably become a better player as a result, and rely less on your perfect build, more on your skills. Obviously here I'm not trying to say I'm better than people, Im disappointingly average, with layers of rust on top of that.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:33 pm

No ones calling anyone here anything. We all have different preferences. My most used build has +6 armor... and +14 weps. silly

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:38 pm

I think mine has +8 armour and +10 weps.

Strange, I know.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:57 pm

Automancer wrote:BB Glitch didn't scare away new players back then too. If they were that frightened, then DkS just isn't the game for them.

I actually have a friend who sold his Dark Souls copy and only plays Demon's because he was tired of all the glitches and griefing. He loves Demon's too, it's really too bad...
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:05 am

deleted

Last edited by Animaaal on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:04 am

Animaaal wrote:
    Offline build testing would ruin pvp in the long run, I hope DkS2 has nothing to do with it.

How you gonna PvP offline?
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:57 am

I'm with you serious, i never entirely upgrade my gear, now i do get all my gear to +14 or +9 for armor but never maxed out, now if a DW drops a slab while i'm farming for chunks then sure i'll upgrade my armor fully, but that's about it.

And honestly, i don't lose very often. I consider myself average or slightly above average tier in the Serious PVP, and i don't even mind it.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:56 am

deleted

Last edited by Animaaal on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:07 am

DemonOfFate wrote:I consider myself average or slightly above average
    Dunning & Kruger would like a word.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:31 am

DemonOfFate wrote:And honestly, i don't lose very often. I consider myself average or slightly above average tier in the Serious PVP, and i don't even mind it.
    If you don't lose very often, you are either top tier, or fighting sub par invaders.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:33 am

reim0027 wrote:
    DemonOfFate wrote:And honestly, i don't lose very often. I consider myself average or slightly above average tier in the Serious PVP, and i don't even mind it.
    If you don't lose very often, you are either top tier, or fighting sub par invaders.

Maybe he uses weapon buffs? That definitely moves it in his favour..

Or he uses a very easy to use build such as a long spear? Or a build that has like GC, wog, dark bead etc for easy to use health annihilation?
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:34 am

Unless you are top-tier or using easy tactics, you will lose a lot. So no, just no.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:43 am