Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Carphil
Joichiro
KrazykevS10
Dibsville
GrinTwist
Soris Ice Goldwing
nsane32
roanispe
Dutchy
O1va_
Jwebby6
Halicarnassis
Walter_White
Myztyrio
wahwah
VaDoom
Forum Pirate
Rumeye
CrackSouls
Cronotis
ublug
Rifter7
bunnywink
reim0027
Saturday-Saint
leonardo503
Serious_Much
Emergence
densetsushun
Nybbles
Juutas
Seignar
crbngville2
DemonOfFate
Animaaal
Jansports
User1
Rynn
Automancer
skarekrow13
LunarFog
EeAyEss
46 posters

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Poll

Will you use this new "bbg?"

[ 27 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 6 I_vote_lcap47%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 6 I_vote_rcap [47%] 
    [ 30 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 6 I_vote_lcap53%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 6 I_vote_rcap [53%] 

Total Votes: 57
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 6 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:36 am

Automancer wrote:
    DemonOfFate wrote:And honestly, i don't lose very often. I consider myself average or slightly above average tier in the Serious PVP, and i don't even mind it.

Unless you are top-tier or using easy tactics, you will lose a lot. So no, just no.

Like I said above, using easy tactics is most likely what allows him to win with a lower skill level than you guys.

I know this as I'm a fan of the crutch of buffing and magic (all types). It's good stuff silly
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 6 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by Automancer Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:39 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    Automancer wrote:
    DemonOfFate wrote:And honestly, i don't lose very often. I consider myself average or slightly above average tier in the Serious PVP, and i don't even mind it.

Unless you are top-tier or using easy tactics, you will lose a lot. So no, just no.

Like I said above, using easy tactics is most likely what allows him to win with a lower skill level than you guys.

I know this as I'm a fan of the crutch of buffing and magic (all types). It's good stuff silly

It's addicting, i can tell you that.
    That's why i stay away from buffs as much as possible. Even when i do have buffs, i rarely use it unless they buff too.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:48 am

I use buffs... *cough*cough*resins*cough*cough*
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:50 am

Yes, poison resins are my favorite, lol.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:55 am

If using a Curved Greatsword counts as a top-tier or easy tactic, I must be fighting easy invaders, because I literally always win by 2 handing my Server +15 and just being offensive when with high health, and evasive with low health.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:56 am

^ It's a Server, you're good to go. Kappa.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:56 am

If I have them I use them, but at sl 80-100 (where I pvp) only rarely do I have the points to spare from vit/end. That buff won't help if I'm killed in 2 hits.

Perhaps serious, you're simply a better caster/hybrid than pure melee.

I find casters extremely difficult to play (I have 2 and 1 hybrid,) I'm must better off (as in if I'm determined to win above all else) pounding people into paste with a weapon twice my size (or using a spear.) does that mean my weapon is a crutch and I should be casting? Should I abandon weapons all together because they make it easier to win? Or am I only good if I'm good at melee, where if I'm good with magic I'm winning because I have a crutch (despite the fact that I'm better at melee?)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:19 am

Forum I agree with your opinion, I was just avoiding offending people because some people resent all forms of magic and think th only honourable and correct tactic is a pure melee- which in my opinion is effing boring silly

I do think I'm better with a hybrid though, I prefer being able to mix up what I do rather than stick to one thing or another.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:22 am

Not to but in on the conversation, but I prefer either a melee build with a few Pyromancies, or being a pure melee. Being either one of these allows to but extra points into vitality, endurance, strength etc, which may have gone into intelligence or faith.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:44 am

Its interesting (and absurd) that we haven't gotten over that (as a culture.) Snipers get the same crap (IRL snipers get it too, last I heard, for similar reasons)
    wahwah
    wahwah
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wahwah Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:26 am

did this "new bb glitch" come with a mod file?
    ive met alot of blue players today, wielding weapons and/or spells they shouldnt be able to.
    i got invaded on my sl 28, the invader had smoughs hammer, hit me 1handed for almost 500, wich means he had the strenght to wield it. after some evading and i got in a few bs, i saw my hits, but his healtbar didnt decrease. a few min later he blasts off a wotg, dealing almost 1k dmg wich 1 hitted me. since he was invading me he had to be the same sl or lower, 58 str and 28 faith shouldnt be possible at lvl 28 or lower if my math is decent:p i guess alot of ppl on this forum have this new bb glitch,and can answer me if it also gives u the option to mod stats and sl.
    cuz if every invader im gonna meet from now on gonna be like this, the pvp part would be ruined for me, and i would just play offline sad
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:30 am

deleted

Last edited by Animaaal on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:45 am

I have not used it but I know how it works(at least the easy way), and I can guarantee you can't hack stuff like stats and not up your SL with it.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:55 am

densetsushun wrote:I have not used it but I know how it works(at least the easy way), and I can guarantee you can't hack stuff like stats and not up your SL with it.

If he's on xbox and pc though you can easily get SL1s that have max stats, sadly.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:17 pm

I am sympathetic to both sides. I understand the desire for instant pvp, and contrary to some opinions, as it applies to serious pvp, there are dozens upon dozens of different builds and stat spreads and tons left to explore and discover as it relates to style and optimization. For example, I am seeing more and more builds dedicated to a certain weapon or tactic that at first look, appear to be random and not optimized according to meta norms, but at a deeper glance are very intelligently and subtly crafted. As per a discussion I was having with someone, just look what menu swapping has done. Quickly being able to swap in a ring like say Wolf's will completely change how a person approaches END as it relates to how they plan for poise. 4 or 5 pure builds cannot contain a creative person's imagination, the way a child should not be expected to be supremely content with a box of 5 crayons.

Now, on the other hand, the avid pvp'r who thinks along those lines needs to be willing to compromise and show some foresight. A hacked pvp landscape diminishes player confidence and can rot a community from the inside out. That bodes poorly for the future of a series we all love. There has to be restraint exercised as well in honoring and respecting the ground we play on. Plow it up too much and the footing will become uneven for everyone.

What this should lead to is a dialogue with the developers on what will be a compromise to satisfy the most people. The overwhelming number of people looking to build fast are good people, and not lazy, the same as people who prefer co-op. We have a distinct and vibrant player ecosystem amd even though the game seems to split into two camps, the truth is we are all Souls players and the particular bends people fall into are vital for the health of the series.

Last edited by Emergence on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:31 pm

I think E blew it out of the park.

Wah, are you xbox or ps3?
    wahwah
    wahwah
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wahwah Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:42 pm

EeAyEss wrote:I think E blew it out of the park.

Wah, are you xbox or ps3?

PS3
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Ah, ok. The thing with this is that it allows for more abuse than the bbg.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:19 pm

so i think i ran into two players who have already used this hack last night.

i was level 18 in the burg using my dragon eye as i was making my way around the area. i got summoned by a player wearing gold-hemmed and ornsteins armor, grass crest shield, a +5 lighting gargoyle halberd and +5 lighting uchi. i only had a +5 broad sword and +5 zwei and was wearing the elite knight set (un-uprageded) and the grass crest shield.

this player was definitely not good enough to have that gear at that soul level, he beat me twice but i was well on my way to beating them in round three, even though i was only doing about 10-15 damage on a back stab.

then a dark wraith showed up and used firestorm 4 times in a row. the first three missed but the host and myself both got one-shot on the fourth.

it's not impossible that both players honestly got their gear at such a low soul level, but i find it very unlikely.

i think that this hack is for the most part unfair as you start at level one with all upgraded equipment and 5 copies of every spell. now i know it's a fantastic way to create level whatever PVP builds in minutes but that's not what the majority of players who use this are going to be using it for…unless they think that level 1 burg ganking is PVP.

while i am bored from farming for hours to get all the materials and items i need to finish off a new build, i think this hack goes a little too far. now if all it gave you was the upgrade materials (titanite, scales and whatnot) sans the spells and fully upgraded equipment, it would be more tolerable…but i still wouldn't use it because i want to choose the hairstyle of my new character.

EDIT: the worst part about this hack is that it casts suspicion on anyone who can and does legitimately complete the game at level one. since not many actually do this, everyone who has high level gear on a low level character will be called out as being hackers, rightly so or not.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:24 pm

When i said i consider myself average in serious pvp, i mean fightclubs and the like. When i enter a fightclub with GOOD players, i win some and lose some. Random invasions most of the time i don't lose, so maybe i'm better than i consider myself. And no i don't use buffs, in fact i tend to limit my builds some. I mean have you seen the build i have for Death In The Depths? http://mmdks.com/1pje Also i stay away from spears, i only use Str weapons, and i occasionally use Pyro but i tend to just stick with pure melee.

(Ever seen this guy Martysbrigade99 play? I'm around his skill level. - The mad parry skills, but i can land parries if i detect a patern)

Last edited by DemonOfFate on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:29 pm

I'm the only one who is actually going to use the thing for a mule?

But yeah, the forum is only a small chunk of the community. The general populace sucks so much. sad
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:35 pm

I couldn't agree more on that.

Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:49 pm

PSN+ clouding? Sorry, I'm lost here, trying to see if I know what's actually being talked about.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:59 pm

@Nybbles: what are u doing in burg at sl18? With my last build i was at O&S at sl 18.
    There is nice Co-Op and PvP at low SL and it feels like the old times, when u have to do your playthroughts awake and with cautious, instead of running throught and kill the boss in a rush, while looking TV.

And one of my low SL builds got taurus alive and i grief there the griefer simply by hosting (dried finger)...but i could have been the guy who invaded you. Don't be there at that SL, if u don't want low lvl pvp.

There is a reason, that i always make my builds with the master key - i want to avoid burg. Just get one of those summons (that are the worst of all in this strange war, because they take the complete fun out of that area for the poor host. and they gank in burg even dueller), to distract havel and if an invader comes and then send him home, to go to Darkroot Basin, withou killing taurus.

So Griefer are on both sides of low level pvp in burg even without that new hack.

@new "bbg"
    Well - the temptation is really big to use it as a weapon mule, getting some those thing could take u long esp. on low sl.
    And i am technical interested - will open the files in a hex editor and have a look. The names and the look of those builds are stupid...perhaps there could be done anything about that.

But still this hack is pure evil :evil:

I moved from PC to PS3 because of the no hacker thing and found heavy bbg abuse and adapted, not by using it, but by avoiding those areas until i also got some good stuff at low sl and joined the war around burg.

But if we are going to get all those xbox and pc hacks with this one, then burn the damned guy who brought the pest over ps3 pvp.

Really don't know if i ever open Pandora's box...
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:20 pm

Ah man.. I'm so depressed I may have to shed a tear for the PS3. Completely against this glitch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 12:01 pm