Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Carphil
Joichiro
KrazykevS10
Dibsville
GrinTwist
Soris Ice Goldwing
nsane32
roanispe
Dutchy
O1va_
Jwebby6
Halicarnassis
Walter_White
Myztyrio
wahwah
VaDoom
Forum Pirate
Rumeye
CrackSouls
Cronotis
ublug
Rifter7
bunnywink
reim0027
Saturday-Saint
leonardo503
Serious_Much
Emergence
densetsushun
Nybbles
Juutas
Seignar
crbngville2
DemonOfFate
Animaaal
Jansports
User1
Rynn
Automancer
skarekrow13
LunarFog
EeAyEss
46 posters

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Poll

Will you use this new "bbg?"

[ 27 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 10 I_vote_lcap47%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 10 I_vote_rcap [47%] 
    [ 30 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 10 I_vote_lcap53%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 10 I_vote_rcap [53%] 

Total Votes: 57
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 10 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:46 pm

I wasn't offended, just incredulous.

People actually pass judgements like that, and I've yet to see a half decent explination for it.

If you wern't serious though, I'll appologise as well. That was me building up to tell you off, on apparently fualty information.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 10 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by CrackSouls Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:12 pm

I blame myself. I thought I was being funny and looking back on it I definitely wasn't. You pointed that out, Forum Pirate, and I thank you, or else I would never have corrected myself.

Back to the matter at hand, though. Luckily I haven't come across any one using this glitch to grief me. At least not in a way that is beyond the boundaries set by the game.
    Still, I feel it best I stay away from it... There's enough great people on this forum to help me transfer items or trade to get what I need.
    I'll just have to put in the time to make the build; which forces me to practice anyways. I need the practice, 'cause you guys keep giving me an *** whooping in FC.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Here's a question to ask of BBG haters: how it it's use illegitimate when people so frequently use item-transfer techniques to get items from one account to another? Strikes me as two morally equivalent actions.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:05 pm

morte wrote:Here's a question to ask of BBG haters: how it it's use illegitimate when people so frequently use item-transfer techniques to get items from one account to another? Strikes me as two morally equivalent actions.

I like to trade items, like humanity, to people who need them. They'll give me something like, say, Dragon Scales in return. I don't see how this is so bad...

I generally need to get my level up to whomever I'm trading with, which means I'm leveling up too high to grief low levels.
    I have to get the red soapstone, which means I won't be zipping through most of the game on easy mode with over leveled gear. Which I find takes the fun out of it.
    Extremely rare items, like mushrooms and divine blessings, are too precious to trade in large quantity. Thusly I cannot abuse them in PVP.
    And so on.

Mind you, I don't HATE the bbg itself. But I do hate people who abuse it unfairly. Which, again, luckily I haven't come across yet for this new "bbg". I've only heard other people complain. Before patch 1.05 however, I did see a lot fo stupid online griefing. I'd hate to see that again, as it could ruin a new players experience.
    Before you say it doesn't ruin anything: I do have a friend who sold his copy of Dark Souls, because of topics like this causing him to get griefed all the time before Anor Londo. He only plays Demon's now.
    Joichiro
    Joichiro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Joichiro Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:47 pm

thank god Dk II it's coming soon, 'cus Dk it's ruined.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:12 pm

Nybbles wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Part of the problem is you are in the burg. From what I hear, it is overrun by gankers already.

the other problem is that there are things that i want to do in the burg at the start of a new play through, might as well get myself summoned for some co-op while i'm there.
    That's true. I usually don't go human until later. Sometimes, I'll go human to summon Brolaire and Tarkus!, but that's mainly for fun.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Its the burg. Its always full of griefers (and the occasional DM who invades some dude who killed the merchant for his sword.) That never changed. There were griefers on day 1.

In like 3 hours I could have full stone armor and a +10 large club. More than enough to border on invincible at a low sl.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:56 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Its the burg. Its always full of griefers (and the occasional DM who invades some dude who killed the merchant for his sword.) That never changed. There were griefers on day 1.

In like 3 hours I could have full stone armor and a +10 large club. More than enough to border on invincible at a low sl.

I put this to the test. http://mmdks.com/1v40 The Zwei is only Fire + 5 and it took 2 hours 20 minutes
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:02 am

I think it falls down to personal responsibility not to misuse something that is extremely gamebreaking.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 27, 2024 9:52 pm