Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Carphil
Joichiro
KrazykevS10
Dibsville
GrinTwist
Soris Ice Goldwing
nsane32
roanispe
Dutchy
O1va_
Jwebby6
Halicarnassis
Walter_White
Myztyrio
wahwah
VaDoom
Forum Pirate
Rumeye
CrackSouls
Cronotis
ublug
Rifter7
bunnywink
reim0027
Saturday-Saint
leonardo503
Serious_Much
Emergence
densetsushun
Nybbles
Juutas
Seignar
crbngville2
DemonOfFate
Animaaal
Jansports
User1
Rynn
Automancer
skarekrow13
LunarFog
EeAyEss
46 posters

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Poll

Will you use this new "bbg?"

[ 27 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 9 I_vote_lcap47%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 9 I_vote_rcap [47%] 
    [ 30 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 9 I_vote_lcap53%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 9 I_vote_rcap [53%] 

Total Votes: 57
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 9 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by Jansports Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:33 am

I just understood the work, and my classmates were like "uhh what" so I got to ride around on a high horse for a good year and half. So yeah basically I was full of myself.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 9 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by VaDoom Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:58 am

Jansports wrote:I just understood the work, and my classmates were like "uhh what" so I got to ride around on a high horse for a good year and half. So yeah basically I was full of myself.
    I guess we all can feel superior in a speciality at a time. But it soon disapears when we meet someone far better than us or when we realise how weak we can be in other domains, compared to other people.
    Did you feel I could have such a complex while reading my post, or was it just about my avatar and location? :roll:
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:15 am

I agree with reim and ublug, it can be good, but there's so much potential for abuse especially with save editing, mods etc.

We're probably better off without bbg

Although I have to state in reference to Reims post- if you feel the need to remake a whole build for the sake of one point, it's time to take a step back and realise there more important things. :|
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:24 pm

Regarding the save editing dilemna and the much worse things that can go along with it, I'm concerned but not overly. I can't explain precisely why I don't expect a major upsurge in curse causing weapons, sl1 maxers, etc. but essentially, what just about everyone is talking about in this thread isn't actually save editing. It likely originated with that but it's nothing like it. To do the things like impossible stat combos, adding things to weapons etc., a much higher level of expertise is required which very few PS3 users will ever attempt to dabble in. Again, I won't elaborate on this since it would turn into a tutorial for one method or both.

With that being said there is one scenario (I haven't seen evidence of yet but could already be going) in which PvP could be completely corrupted and I am worried about that. Now, if anyone is following me here mentally and is also thinking of this worst case scenario and feels the need to talk about it I say PM me and we can talk. Otherwise.....DON'T EVEN MENTION it on any public forum as even a remote possibility.

I work in a field in which a lot of staff members have to deal with challenging behaviors. The first rule is to NEVER plant a suggestion. Ex: Don't you dare throw that lamp!

It usually is almost always followed by the lamp being thrown.

So please please pretty please, if you know the scenario I dread don't plant the suggestion here or anywhere. While I am not opposed to the technique we're discussing here in general we are on a slippery slope that can get ugly very quickly.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I see the technique in this thread as being exceedingly easy to patch and expect it probably will be. I think there might even be some heat on it already. For instance, it used to be that it allowed DLC access without purchase and this option has been removed as of a few days ago. Additionally, when trying this I was surprised to learn that the game actually gave me a message that it had an inkling of what was going on.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:35 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Additionally, when trying this I was surprised to learn that the game actually gave me a message that it had an inkling of what was going on.
    I tried it(the easy way) earlier today and the game just up and ignored everything I did. I hope this is the same for a lot of people who tried it.
    Joichiro
    Joichiro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Joichiro Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:05 pm

Why don't you guys close this thread and never speak of this again?

I mean, the more replies this thread have, the more curiosity or attention it gains.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:11 pm

True, but I, like the god of this forum, think discussion is necessary.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:34 pm

I agree. We had similar discussions on all the glitches etc. that were productive
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:38 am

I'm glad to hear it doesn't give you the DLC now. That was really my biggest problem with it.

I'm aware of how it could go wrong, but it's either really unlikely, or largely irrelevant, especially if dudes not giving away the DLC anymore. I doubt it has around long enough for that in particular to have become a big problem.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:44 am

Question.Is this glitch just on PS3? I'd like to know if I should expect to be cursed in future.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:23 am

Kraz - questions like that set up a slippery slope. Information on what it involves is OK. Information about doing this glitch is not.

To answer your question, it is PS3 only.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 am

reim0027 wrote:Kraz - questions like that set up a slippery slope. Information on what it involves is OK. Information about doing this glitch is not.

To answer your question, it is PS3 only.
    I'm not exactly into abusing anything to win or cause trouble.The only glitches or hacks I want are big head mode and glowing hair.It'd help my random shenanigans.Glad to hear I won't be cursed though,I heard about that one hacker on PC doing it and was getting a bit paranoid.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:20 pm

well PS3 was the last cheater free platform....so you where cursed long ago on xbox
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:39 pm

I've been invading new londo for a good two days straight. I've seen a couple complete builds at like SL40-70 so I suspect this has something to do with the 9 WoGs I had to dodge earlier. But I have thankfully not seen anything out of place like Inf. health or super pumped up stats.

So far so good, looks like it's seeing some use but not ABuse ya know what I mean?
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:52 pm

@OP

I won't use it for the same reason I don't glitch

It takes the fun out of the game (FOR ME)

I enjoy to put effort in my builds, I like to farm and to search for stuff, I like to PVP without having a complete build and testing if I need to change anything in the final soul level, and most of all, I love to enter the "load" screen and look how many hours I put in every one of my toons, instead of seeing a full SL 200 build with 15 minutes of gameplay.

just my opinion

Last edited by Carphil on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:54 pm

is this the one that sets you up with like every weapon and 99999999999999 souls?
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:20 pm

even muggenmonkey links to the youtube site....Sony or FROM has to fix it pretty soon
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:51 pm

I LOVE THIS THING. I can finish my build as soon as I hit Firelink and then its straight to PVP. big grin
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:10 pm

i have noticed allot more … umm … smurfy players lately.

every time i come across a smurf now, i go straight to the "yup, you're blue alright" then i think "wonder if they used the hack? burg, check. over leveled chaos weapon, check. full giants armor, check, invading my level 9 freshly started pyromancer, check."
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Part of the problem is you are in the burg. From what I hear, it is overrun by gankers already.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:32 pm

EeAyEss wrote:I want to know everyone's opinion of it. I dislike it, because it essentially enables extreme griefing of low levels (yet again). However, I will use it because I haven't the time to make PvP builds from scratch. I'm a full time student. I want to participate in the forum events and jump right into the multiplayer.

I want everyone to answer honestly, and please state your opinion and nothing else. Logical arguments are acceptable, but PLEASE refrain from outright bashing other people's opinions.

Mods, if you sense any hate or potential for a "war" feel free to shut this thread down immediately. As you see fit.

Go.
    This is why I gave up Dark souls when it first came out. I couldn't get out of the burg w/out being invaded by someone w/much better armor and weapons than me. It took me about almost 2years to pick up the game again to give it another shot to know what they were doing. The griefing is strong w/the bbg and I've noticed it everytime I make new characters, especially in the Parish and Burg. I wish they would just fix the f**king thing
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:19 am

reim0027 wrote:Part of the problem is you are in the burg. From what I hear, it is overrun by gankers already.

the other problem is that there are things that i want to do in the burg at the start of a new play through, might as well get myself summoned for some co-op while i'm there.

last night i got summoned by a smurf three times in a row, each time i got ganked by a red phantom that was friendly with the host, i suspect the red was also a smurf seeing as they had a lifehunt in their main hand and a demon spear in their off hand. i mean really, why even bother, they wouldn't get hardly any souls and every fight is over in half a second. must be so tiresome being a ganker.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Nybbles wrote:must be so tiresome being a ganker.

They thrive on increasing their brittle ego. Probably live a pretty sad life in RL.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:09 pm

WTF are you talking about? You don't know these people. How can you judge them based on only one aspect of their behavior, and in a game no less.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:WTF are you talking about? You don't know these people. How can you judge them based on only one aspect of their behavior, and in a game no less.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off that serious. Please forgive me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:07 am