Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+42
Carphil
Joichiro
KrazykevS10
Dibsville
GrinTwist
Soris Ice Goldwing
nsane32
roanispe
Dutchy
O1va_
Jwebby6
Halicarnassis
Walter_White
Myztyrio
wahwah
VaDoom
Forum Pirate
Rumeye
CrackSouls
Cronotis
ublug
Rifter7
bunnywink
reim0027
Saturday-Saint
leonardo503
Serious_Much
Emergence
densetsushun
Nybbles
Juutas
Seignar
crbngville2
DemonOfFate
Animaaal
Jansports
User1
Rynn
Automancer
skarekrow13
LunarFog
EeAyEss
46 posters

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Poll

Will you use this new "bbg?"

[ 27 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 3 I_vote_lcap47%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [47%] 
    [ 30 ]
    A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 3 I_vote_lcap53%A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [53%] 

Total Votes: 57
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 3 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:35 pm

You're right, Denset. Those who I may or may not have pm'd are extremely trustworthy in my books. Trust me, my 17 year old brain has sense. But I'll err on the side of caution for now, as you said.

Last edited by EeAyEss on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg" - Page 3 Empty Re: A serious can of worms. Namely, the new "bbg"

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:36 pm

I'm also referring to explicitly posting about who you're going to pm with what details though. sad
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Lol. No worries. Like I've maintained, the technique is a double edged sword. I don't see anything but minor problems with what you're doing (and that's only in the wrong hands). But from first hand experience I can say the community does not want people digging deeper than the version you're talking about. With some aspects, there's only evil!! Cue ominous music. Or don't. Whatever.

The good news is that with PS3 there's a few more hurdles than other systems so even throwing information out there is unlikely to cause a major spike. And if it did there's always an infamous "system stability" patch that Sony is famous for as a possibility.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:37 pm

wat is this... infamous patch. Does it wipe everyone's stuff clean?

Denset, I went ahead and edited for the umpteenth time. looool
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Keep this civil. As it stands the current method has worse future implications than just twinked out grief toons. Since the editing is done on PC there is a Pandora's box waiting to happen. We thought the distention was bad before with just twinks?

Next game must have: Arena mode with armory and build a toon mode. Make it happen. It'll be much easier to call a spade a spade then.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:45 pm

I'm on the wall with that idea about the idea, Emergence (Sponsored by Manny's House of Munch) (Sponsored by Manny's House of Munch) (gotta love dat filter). DaS and DeS were primarily PvE games, with PvP on the side. However, they have recognized the game's "popularity" in PvP, so maybe they will do that. Shrug
    I see where you are coming from, though, and I agree. But a tool is a tool. I can kill someone with a gun or use it at a shooting range. A bad anology, but I'll use this gun at the shooting range.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:51 pm

No, Sony's firmware updates/patches are often seemingly useless. They give a very nominal "upgrade" like from version 2.10 to 2.11 or something and make it mandatory to access the PSN. When you look to see what it does since you can't notice any changes, there's an explanation that usually includes "system stability" or "streamlining of game features" or "compatibility with certain games." There's never a list of games affected or anything. Basically what it means is that they've caught on to a popular hack or exploit or something whether it's within a game or generally speaking across the PS3 firmware and they've closed it.

There's been a few Vita ones since it came out. For instance, some guy found a loophole in a PS1 game that allowed the installation of custom stuff. I won't go into a lot of details but suffice it to say that the game in question was taken off of PSN and out of the blue an official firmware update was released. Hmmm....I wonder why

When people say PS3 is harder to hack etc. this is part of the reason why.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:51 pm

EeAyEss wrote:I'm on the wall with that idea, Emergence (Sponsored by Manny's House of Munch) (Sponsored by Manny's House of Munch) (gotta love dat filter). I see where you are coming from, though, and I agree. But a tool is a tool. I can kill someone with a gun or use it at a shooting range. A bad anology, but I'll use this gun at the shooting range.

That's a terribad analogy. Restraint is different in the digital sphere where lives are not at stake. Once people get access to infinite hp and +10 Havel's they are going to use it, even if it's a subtle use of wearing only the gloves.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:54 pm

*sigh* You are right, Emergence (Sponsored by Manny's House of Munch). I'm not thinking today.

It also saddens me that people are this bad. Oh well. Shrug
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:55 pm

deleted

Last edited by Animaaal on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:56 pm

I never have and never will use the BB glitch. It ruins the game completely.

I understand why people want to shorten their play time before pvp (well I don't, why don't you find it fun? :/ ), but frankly because it will have a negative impact, you shouldn't use or condone it.

I hate that people feel the need to find glitches and stuff, if you don't wanna play the game properly don't play it.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:59 pm

I'll admit, some things I'd love to be able to skip and like Skare mentioned, I too used a tool(probably the same one) while playing Diablo II to mess around with builds, but I have never felt like I wanted to get to a fully realised PvP build on Dark Souls.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:01 pm

I, for one, didn't seek it out, I just happened upon it, so I use it. I've actually beaten the game plenty of times, it now bores me to do PvE for the sake of PvP. I prefer to do PvP more, so I do what I can to quickly make a PvP build.

In case its not clear, I do this because I'm lazy and want to use this "exploit" to allow me to optimize my use of my time in a way that brings the most pleasant experience to me.
    leonardo503
    leonardo503

Post by leonardo503 Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:27 pm

If I knew how to, I would use it for PVP purposes like making a build quickly because I already proved to myself that I can get through this game without problems. But of course not everyone thinks like me and i'm sure that there will be someone that wil try to do bad stuff with it so whatever.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:28 pm

I'm using it because i tire of PvE. I've been playing PvE since the game came out, honestly i'm sick of it. That's the only reason why i will use this trick. Nothing else but PvP now.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:31 pm

I already have. Making new PvP-ready builds for the Burg within minutes is extremely convenient.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:33 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    Just say it, "I want to save tiiiiime and I dont care how it affects the game."
    I would only use this glitch to generate builds that are otherwise impossible.
    Like this.
    http://mmdks.com/1ojj
    For the most part, I wouldn't use it, unless it was to generate a completely rediculous, unorthadox build that has an incredibly high skill ceiling on actually creating it.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    Just say it, "I want to save tiiiiime and I dont care how it affects the game."
    But, that would be lying on my part:

"I want to save time and have everything available to me at all times because I feel entitled to it after all I did in this game; in addition, I want to be able to make extremely impractical builds without losing time to test different build types and builds I have never bothered to use before. I only care about how it affects the game when it starts affecting me as well, because only then will I realize just how bad it has ruined my gaming experience. I will, however, not resort to gaining unfair advantages as I find that completely unethical and a degrading action considering my experience."

Being 100% blatantly honest. Happy?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:39 pm

deleted

Last edited by Animaaal on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:41 pm

What more could you possibly want!?
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:44 pm

For this exploit to not be used.

And maybe its creators tarred and feathered. lol!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:25 pm

For some people, it has nothing to do with being lazy. Some people's only goal is to do PvP. You can use mugenmonkey, sure. But, it only gives you partial answers. The only way to see if a build is truly worth it is to get out there and use it. It takes a lot longer than 5-10 hours to make a complete toon (with maxed out weapons/armor, etc). That is a long time to not be pvping.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 pm

I haven't used it yet, but I'm considering it for the sake of PvP builds and cosplay coop. I actually love that it's revived interest in PvP and in the Dark Souls community in general.

Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:01 pm

lol the characters aren't blue people. theres 2 normal looking bandits and 2 blue bandits.

seriously..
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm not even sure if this method is considered illegal, but some parts of it are borderline since it includes all the warp-points and some keys. From should at least be forced to patch it to protect their property (they are already doing a new patch to prevent another nasty exploit, so a new 1.09 version could be imminent).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 8:47 am