Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+78
PSneep
The-Terran
mdpenman
nandosss
phastings
JeyJeyMalkavian
Halian
los3r
igl00
PoisonCourtesan
Raikan007
Hereticool
Sym
gigamahooz
Frit
BlacSwan
chacobo
Badshot
DMax7XeL
Rollo-99
>Brave<
Dibsville
Tanklord
benny-the-jew
BluTeamWolf
laughingvixen
mankind
RANT
skarekrow13
Marionx
DrAwkward
Mihawk
Silver Mont
Argetlam350
Vintcent
Carphil
DecayedBomb
TehInfamousAmos
DemonOfFate
CaptainSunbro
Dahlia_Inosensu
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Glassghost
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
crazydogtfa
lordgodofhell
Baal-Avatar
Djem
OmarTheFuzzy
cgboy
NDenizen
Framais
Emergence
VexedEnigma
Sal Paradise
mr_no_face
Sargerus
LunarFog
Myztyrio
CarverUpqik
densetsushun
Noob-of-Artorias
Halicarnassis
eminusx
Saturday-Saint
Thymos
Liudeius
Soris Ice Goldwing
vegan666
ublug
Frank_White
ResIsBestStat
Slarg232
DE5PA1R
User1
Ashran
Tolvo
BIG TIME MASTER
82 posters

Shield Design Contest

mdpenman
    mdpenman

Shield Design Contest - Page 30 Empty Re: Shield Design Contest

Post by mdpenman Fri May 17, 2013 7:05 am

vegan666 wrote:So glad some of those plagiarised shields that were high up got removed!

I REALLY hope someone of this board gets their shield in the game! Would be amazing I am voting for any that pop up in this thread!

Final stretch, and I am just a few votes of dropping out of the top 30 for Japan, please show me some love! <3

https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=460

Shield Design Contest - Page 30 945058907

Done and done! #163!
    Hereticool
    Hereticool

Post by Hereticool Fri May 17, 2013 1:29 pm

mdpenman wrote:
    Yeah it was down on mine for a while.

Just upvoted your reddit thread mate, here's a link to mine

http://www.reddit.com/tb/1ehhig

happy

EDIT- Voted on your shields too!
    Thank you so much! Shield Design Contest - Page 30 1330857165
    I up voted your reddit and already had voted for your shield happy
    As soon as my 5min wait is done, I'll be able to post a comment too. I'm going to be without internet for the next few days, heading up to the mountains, so I won't be able to obsess over the votes - well, at least be able to check while obsessing happy
    Hereticool
    Hereticool

Post by Hereticool Fri May 17, 2013 1:33 pm

phastings wrote:No prob, Glad I could be of help! i went ahead and up-voted both of yours. Id like to make another reddit post of your guys's and other peoples designs with voting links, so im gonna get working on that using what images i can pull from your reddits, and any others i can find on this thread. Not gonna worry about mine anymore. I must atone for my many invasions in DkS, as i now just want to help everyone else in jolly cooperation lol Shield Design Contest - Page 30 639795459
    Phastings you rock! cheers
    Thank you for all your help and suggestions. While reddit hasn't generated a ton of votes for me, it has exposed a ton of people to my designs. It could be it will gain some momentum over the weekend, but I know I have some serious competition when it comes to design (not to mention a mountain of votes to overcome).
    As an aside, I'm new to forums (though I've been referencing the wiki for several months), I have read there is a way to give people thanks for their posts, but I still haven't figured that out yet... any help for the luddite newb (that's me) is greatly appreciated happy
    Praise the Sun! Shield Design Contest - Page 30 639795459
    Hereticool
    Hereticool

Post by Hereticool Fri May 17, 2013 1:39 pm

phastings wrote:Is anyone else dissapointed with some of the top 30 EU designs? Several of them have a generic copy/paste feel, with minimal freehand work done. no depth/shading, texture, or relevance to DKS.. Seriously, why is the Primeval Idol so far down? that design is awesome, The-Terran.
    ive gone thru and voted for as many peoples shields on here that i could so far find, but will keep looking thru older pages so i dont miss anyone
    Sorry, for the multiple posts, but I wanted to address stuff separately :oops:
    After going through all the shields again and voting for my favorites, I now clearly see what you mean phastings. I think the euro shield category has the majority of the best shields below the top 30. There are some good designs in the top 30, but many of them are outshined by ones below them in rank. I did what I could and up voted a ton. Hopefully others will do so. I am most interested in getting awesome shields in DS II. I'm definitely impressed by the level of quality of many of the designs from the various regions!
    Shield Design Contest - Page 30 639795459
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Fri May 17, 2013 2:29 pm

thanks again, Hereticool. I unfortunately didnt discover reddit until this past monday, figuring out how effective it had been for ppl as an exposure platform. wish i had known everything I do now at the start of this thing, i would have been much more of a help. Eitherway i hope any advice i gave is of help to everyone and not intended to give false hope; I just want to help give people the same chance so no designs are marginalized. Some ppl have the upper hand being masters of social media who know how to own these contests.
    - i missed the deadline in the first contest because i was not a facebook fan of the dks page and didnt hear about it until a week before submitting was up, and i had no experience with photoshop and had to learn everything while working 40hrs a week. was bummed and dissapointed with how they selected the in game shield winners despite some amazing designs that got very few votes. dont want it to happen again
    The-Terran
    The-Terran

Shield Design Contest - Page 30 Empty The last mile.

Post by The-Terran Sat May 18, 2013 12:12 am

Well... this is the final act before the curtains close, so I am posting my shields one last time to see if anyone likes them enough to vote, or share it with other people so I might get a slim chance to be considered.

Shield Design Contest - Page 30 LjFL9erl
    The concept sketches, and voting option is on following link.
    https://imgur.com/a/RsNTq
    Or vote if you wish directly on this link:
    https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=3142

This stone shield is an artifact, of an ancient god even before Oolacile existed. I imagined, that as in our world, the elder beliefs had primal and elemental gods.

Shield Design Contest - Page 30 TJ6tyjDl
    https://imgur.com/a/xzRoS
    https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=2642

The crest for the followers of Velka, bringers of justice.

Shield Design Contest - Page 30 1eZ2qMQl
    https://imgur.com/a/tSDqI
    https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=2934

Dedicated to the desire to leave a mark on the world, when lost and in isolated parts, and a disciple of the Chaos' fire.

Good luck to everyone else.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Sat May 18, 2013 5:06 am

I'm new to forums too, and look forward to contributing to this one. I've literally put over 400 hrs into dark souls, and don't even want to disclose how many more than that when combining demons souls to boot haha, but I like this spot and will be happy to contribute whatever knowledge and insight I have. wish the best to those participating in this contest, and hope atleast one of you gets into the finals, as there are certainly game worthy designs amongst the members here. Umbasa.
    PSneep
    PSneep

Post by PSneep Sat May 18, 2013 6:08 am

Hey guys, fellow contenders. Just joined the forums after discovering this noble shield design thread. Glad to see all the sensible posts!

@The-Terran, voted for your shields. I really like the crow one, is that a pencil illustration? I hope you can still make the top 30.

phastings wrote:Is anyone else dissapointed with some of the top 30 EU designs? Several of them have a generic copy/paste feel, with minimal freehand work done. no depth/shading, texture, or relevance to DKS.. Seriously, why is the Primeval Idol so far down? that design is awesome, The-Terran.
    ive gone thru and voted for as many peoples shields on here that i could so far find, but will keep looking thru older pages so i dont miss anyone

I agree with this. For some reason I get the feeling the EU region has the most rotten apples among them, but since it's the region I've got my eyes on the most I'm not entirely sure about the US and Asia categories. With the recent deletion of the Archtree and Giantdad shield things look a bit better, but it concerns me that the #1 page has not really changed at all by voting alone. Pages #2 and #3 keep me on the edge of my seat, some of them really deserve to be in the top 30, or even top page. There are battles going on for every spot, it's tense being in that lower-top-30.

I have some mixed feelings by how loose the "pick the right region" rule is handled. There are some US-labelled shields in the EU #1 page, and I know the infamous UA-contenders litter every region's top 30. What do you guys think, will they be filtered out before the definitive top 30's get sent to FromSoft? Or do you think it doesn't matter at all?

Apologies if some of these things have been discussed before, I haven't had the time to scan all the pages.
    mdpenman
    mdpenman

Post by mdpenman Sat May 18, 2013 9:02 am

Much like The-Terran I'm gonna post up my shield design one last time

Shield Design Contest - Page 30 QAK89hp

If you like it please do have a vote- https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=3220

Also Ive seen and voted on your stuff already Terran, that Velka shield is awesome, would seriously love to see that in the game.

PSneep- Did you have a link to your design?
    PSneep
    PSneep

Post by PSneep Sat May 18, 2013 9:39 am

Cheers MDPenman, I voted for you. Hurray for wood-tinted-round shields!

Here's the link to mine: https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=3087

By the way, I know it's late, but I'd like to share this publicity tip anyway. Have you guys tried writing your local/favorite videogame journalists? I printed my shield, made a fun package and sent it to the leading Dutch videogame tv/web journalists. They have a weekly item where they answer viewers' questions and my shield got featured. They did a shout-out and the days following I got sent up 300+ votes, enough for the top 30. Once again, apologies for bringing this late, but who knows, you might make the most of it still.

If anyone's interested, you can view the video feature here (it's in Dutch): http://www.gamekings.tv/videos/vragen-over-dark-souls-2-en-gta-v/
    (Skip to the 7:30 mark)

Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat May 18, 2013 10:03 am

As someone whose shield was put up during the very first phase, it has been a little disappointing watching the first page change. For a couple of weeks at least, the majority of the first page has been held by one person.

There's 18 shields on Europe page 1. And 7 of those are all by one person. (Constantin, Sodomith and Теркин) and I've also seen the most entries from EU get deleted. Archtree, Giant-dad (The Legend), Good Luck, the Dr Who rip-off... with all that, and the botting, I'm just disappointed.

I mean, how is this shield still up?

Perhaps EU was unfortunate in that round shields are the easiest to copy/paste things onto, I don't know. Either way, it ends Monday. Good luck to everyone who has entered.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat May 18, 2013 12:19 pm

THey'll announce which shields made it, right?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat May 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Hopefully. I'm sure they'll announce the winners. Hopefully the top thirty too
    Rollo-99

Post by Rollo-99 Sat May 18, 2013 1:45 pm

I'm calling out the the wiki for help one last time. My shield had worked it's way up to #25 for the past 2 weeks, untill yesterday 3 shields showed up out of the blue gathering 300 votes each in one day. There are a total of six shields from 20-30 which are all cheating in some form or another. They knocked mine down to #29 atm. I'm asking all you guys to help a wiki bro make in, I've put too much effort into this to be booted from the top 30 in the last two days of the contest by these guys.
    Anyone who hasnt voted pls do. Thx
    https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=2831
    Shield Design Contest - Page 30 Shield20
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat May 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Voted for ya big grin
    Rollo-99

Post by Rollo-99 Sat May 18, 2013 4:03 pm

thx 4 the vote bud, i only need about 20-30 today votes to secure a spot, pls vote guys
    mdpenman
    mdpenman

Post by mdpenman Sat May 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Voted too Rollo, good luck!
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Sun May 19, 2013 1:38 pm

holy smokes, keep rollo in the game if anyone hasn't already voted! tho if you drop out of the 30, you may still be okay, as there are about 4 or 5 suspicious designs that probably wont be counted (vote botting). Good luck! BTW, does anyone understand how the F Aztecs gold ever did so well? Do people realize this retarded design does not even belong in a souls game or any game, for that matter, that does not involve pirates and/or a 2012 mayan calender end of the world scenario? Seriously, Aztecs gold is a straight-up copy of the MAYAN cyclical calender.. stupid.
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Sun May 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Voted for your Rollo, that sucks!!

One last attempt for votes for me too, I am just inside the top 30 for Japan, but 5 votes and I'm out! Id love you all if you vote for me! https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=460
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Well, today's the day. Assuming all goes to plan.

Good luck everyone.
    Rollo-99

Post by Rollo-99 Sun May 19, 2013 11:29 pm

still tied for 29th spot need like one vote to break the tie lol. It's hilarious how down to the wire this is. Who wants to be the hero to drop the vote?
    https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=2831
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Mon May 20, 2013 12:50 am

That's a really cool design, Rollo.

Unfortunately, I already voted for you. I hope it does stay in the top 30.
    CaptainSunbro
    CaptainSunbro

Post by CaptainSunbro Mon May 20, 2013 12:51 am

Haha I know how you feel Rolla, you had my vote along time ago. Im tied for 30 right now...IT'S INTENSE
    mdpenman
    mdpenman

Post by mdpenman Mon May 20, 2013 4:38 am

CaptainSunbro wrote:Haha I know how you feel Rolla, you had my vote along time ago. Im tied for 30 right now...IT'S INTENSE

Gave you a vote captain, good luck!
    PSneep
    PSneep

Post by PSneep Mon May 20, 2013 5:47 am

Silver Mont wrote:As someone whose shield was put up during the very first phase, it has been a little disappointing watching the first page change. For a couple of weeks at least, the majority of the first page has been held by one person.

There's 18 shields on Europe page 1. And 7 of those are all by one person. (Constantin, Sodomith and Теркин) and I've also seen the most entries from EU get deleted. Archtree, Giant-dad (The Legend), Good Luck, the Dr Who rip-off... with all that, and the botting, I'm just disappointed.

I mean, how is this shield still up?

Perhaps EU was unfortunate in that round shields are the easiest to copy/paste things onto, I don't know. Either way, it ends Monday. Good luck to everyone who has entered.

Not to mention there's some more UA shields in the Kite & Greatshield top 30's, it could very well be the same person littering those categories too. How is it that people didn't get the "pick your region" rule by the way? There are a couple US shields in the EU top 30. The rule was there from the start right?

I gave you my vote CaptainSunbro, hope you keep that place 30. I dig your shield.

Thanks to everyone who voted, I'm in a comfy place 21 in the EU category.

Good luck in the final stretch!

Edit: the Harbinger Shield (EU category, +- 440 votes) just got deleted due to plagiarism. (Puts me on place #20 happy )

Edit #2: About the deleted shield mentioned above, found this in the comment section of the Dark Souls page, the third paragraph cracks me up. To tease us? Right.

Shield Design Contest - Page 30 Screen10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:31 pm