Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+78
PSneep
The-Terran
mdpenman
nandosss
phastings
JeyJeyMalkavian
Halian
los3r
igl00
PoisonCourtesan
Raikan007
Hereticool
Sym
gigamahooz
Frit
BlacSwan
chacobo
Badshot
DMax7XeL
Rollo-99
>Brave<
Dibsville
Tanklord
benny-the-jew
BluTeamWolf
laughingvixen
mankind
RANT
skarekrow13
Marionx
DrAwkward
Mihawk
Silver Mont
Argetlam350
Vintcent
Carphil
DecayedBomb
TehInfamousAmos
DemonOfFate
CaptainSunbro
Dahlia_Inosensu
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Glassghost
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
crazydogtfa
lordgodofhell
Baal-Avatar
Djem
OmarTheFuzzy
cgboy
NDenizen
Framais
Emergence
VexedEnigma
Sal Paradise
mr_no_face
Sargerus
LunarFog
Myztyrio
CarverUpqik
densetsushun
Noob-of-Artorias
Halicarnassis
eminusx
Saturday-Saint
Thymos
Liudeius
Soris Ice Goldwing
vegan666
ublug
Frank_White
ResIsBestStat
Slarg232
DE5PA1R
User1
Ashran
Tolvo
BIG TIME MASTER
82 posters

Shield Design Contest

Sym
    Sym

Shield Design Contest - Page 29 Empty Re: Shield Design Contest

Post by Sym Wed May 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Hoodamn, those are some nice shields. I am particularly fond of the Primeval Idol. All votes are go
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Wed May 15, 2013 10:30 pm

Orange and blue.

Everywhere.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Wed May 15, 2013 10:54 pm

Lo3er, all three of yours are awesome, especially that skull kite shield! your close to winning. Just need to utilize more outlets to promote..

I'm pretty much done promoting mine, and will let the chips fall where they may, as I don't think mine is worthy of top 30, but for anyone who wants more votes:
    1) make a reddit account if you don't have one
    2) set up an imgur account with a well formatted layout of all your designs. In the image descriptions, make a link to your voting page. (Search for and Reference some of the contestants reddit posts for examples; imgur is reddits image sharing app)

3) wait for the right time to post from imgur to reddit /subreddit r/gaming or r/darksouls (the right subreddit and timing are CRUCIAL and best during high traffic hours, such as evenings) if you get enough up votes, and your designs are good, people will see your link and vote! Try and get your imgur images linked to as many sites as possible, and make sure you post them to public and upload to gallery.

Use as many outlets like this, maybe even a tumblr blog.

A few of the high quality designs have had most of their success attributed to reddit. Worth a shot
    Frit
    Frit

Post by Frit Thu May 16, 2013 1:09 pm

I dont know what or how, but some shields just got eliminated (at least) on the European side and there was a slight shift on the positions.
    Maybe they're still filtering shields?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu May 16, 2013 1:15 pm

I hope so. There were still a few I think should have been removed when I was looking yesterday.
    los3r
    los3r

Post by los3r Thu May 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Thanks phastings Shield Design Contest - Page 29 3149687655
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Thu May 16, 2013 1:35 pm

A few rule-breakers just got removed. Arch-tree, The Legend and the Maximus crest amongst them. A shame all those UA ones are still there, but this is good news all the same.
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Thu May 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Silver Mont wrote:A few rule-breakers just got removed. Arch-tree, The Legend and the Maximus crest amongst them. A shame all those UA ones are still there, but this is good news all the same.

That's pretty good to hear. Some people will try to defend their shield designs, but I guess it's up to the people running the contest on what stays and what goes.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu May 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Oh no! Not The Legend! Who didn't want that in the game?
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Thu May 16, 2013 2:18 pm

What if there were no Giant Dads in the next game? I guess you have to have something to remember them by.

lol!
    Frit
    Frit

Post by Frit Thu May 16, 2013 2:58 pm

I still don't understand how Blood Virtus hasn't been removed, having in mind it goes against the rules of 'eaten' shields.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Is anyone else dissapointed with some of the top 30 EU designs? Several of them have a generic copy/paste feel, with minimal freehand work done. no depth/shading, texture, or relevance to DKS.. Seriously, why is the Primeval Idol so far down? that design is awesome, The-Terran.
    ive gone thru and voted for as many peoples shields on here that i could so far find, but will keep looking thru older pages so i dont miss anyone
    Hereticool
    Hereticool

Post by Hereticool Thu May 16, 2013 7:59 pm

At least the european and asian designs don't have multiple designs in the thousands and upper hundreds. I haven't hit 60 votes on any of my designs, which are all in the america category so I don't have a prayer of making the top 30.

While many of the top tier euro designs are underwhelming, some of them are really nice. I have faith in the Dark Souls folks to pick decent winners. Once the votes are all in I will definitely be picking my own favorites among the top designs so I can compare and contrast with what ultimately wins.

I'm still somewhat confused on whether I could have entered a kite shield or a round shield. Being in the western hemisphere I thought I was limited to the america category, but from what I have seen and heard it was possible to enter the others. Had I known this prior to entering I would have done one of each design.... I guess it's another thing to remember next time. Maybe we'll get lucky and Souls II will be so awesome, and the new gen consoles so great, that Souls III (and another shield contest) will be out relatively soon happy

Of course the release of II still seems painfully far away. I can't wait for the release. Until then I'll keep enjoying the current game happy
    mdpenman
    mdpenman

Post by mdpenman Thu May 16, 2013 8:06 pm

phastings wrote:Is anyone else dissapointed with some of the top 30 EU designs? Several of them have a generic copy/paste feel, with minimal freehand work done. no depth/shading, texture, or relevance to DKS.. Seriously, why is the Primeval Idol so far down? that design is awesome, The-Terran.
    ive gone thru and voted for as many peoples shields on here that i could so far find, but will keep looking thru older pages so i dont miss anyone

I hear ya, there are some crappy designs there. It's been a frustrating experience trying to get votes together for this though. Have those designs been in there from the beginning? Is that how they're doing so well?
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Thu May 16, 2013 8:34 pm

hereticool, America is definitely flooded with generic ones too, but for those suspicious shields you never see promoted anywhere yet have hundreds of votes; expect them to not be counted toward the 30.
    - You are allowed to submit an EU and Asian design regardless of where you live, so long as you pick the corresponding region when submitting. Have you tried reddit? i posted a comment a page back on how to get some reddit votes. some folks are cleaning up there..

mdpenman, i think there is more prevalent vote botting in the EU gallery than any others, but who can confirm that IDK; hopefully the admins. Regarding the first to get their designs submitted, it certainly helped them a ton, as top voted is always the default page, those first designs are the only ones you could vote for when contest is announced so they ride that wave, and people in general are lazy to comb thru the many pages and find the hidden gems. (That is why i rushed mine in before really finishing it or even seeing if people liked it, but that was a mistake). There are definitely some good ones, including yours, which looks like a straight-up well done shield (just voted too #42) maybe they will name it sword-eater if it makes it winking

There is still time, just spend as much time possible promoting it to as many relevant/gaming social media sharing sites. if you can google image 'dark souls 2 shield design' and see yours, you are heading in the right direction.

- Probably one of the hardest things to jump into if you do not have some kind of online following or connection, but certainly worth any effort, as this would be the greatest thing having your design and name in such an iconic game. ive seen a few high voted shields get some love on popular videogame blogs and articals

Last edited by phastings on Thu May 16, 2013 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mdpenman
    mdpenman

Post by mdpenman Thu May 16, 2013 8:42 pm

phastings wrote:hereticool, America is definitely flooded with generic ones too, but for those suspicious shields you never see promoted anywhere yet have hundreds of votes; expect them to not be counted toward the 30.
    - You are allowed to submit an EU and Asian design regardless of where you live, so long as you pick the corresponding region when submitting. Have you tried reddit? i posted a comment a page back on how to get some reddit votes. some folks are cleaning up there..

mdpenman, i think there is more prevalent vote botting in the EU gallery than any others, but who can confirm that IDK; hopefully the admins. Regarding the first to get their designs submitted, it certainly helped them a ton, as the default page is always top voted, and people are lazy to comb thru the many pages and find the hidden gems. (That is why i rushed mine in before really finishing it or even seeing if people liked it, but that was a mistake). There are definitely some good ones, including yours, which looks like a straight-up well done shield (just voted too #42).
    There is still time, just spend as much time possible promoting it to as many relevant/gaming social media sharing sites. if you can google image 'dark souls 2 shield design' and see yours, you are heading in the right direction.

- Probably one of the hardest things to jump into if you do not have some kind of online following or connection, but certainly worth any effort, as this would be the greatest thing having your design and name in such an iconic game. ive seen a few high voted shields get some love on popular videogame blogs and articals

Ha you say google and yours is one of the first to show up big grin
    Thanks for the vote man, I got you too #110
    I tried reddit but i think it got lost in the flow. Do they frown upon reposts on there? Its all a bit alien to me!
    I posted onto the r/gaming forum, think that was the right one. I find the site terribly confusing!
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Thu May 16, 2013 8:50 pm

you can repost, just delete the first submission. It usually takes a day to repost, as their systems try to cut down on reposting. Start an Imgur account thru reddit, that is what you will want to use to post to reddit, as it is their photosharing app, and tons of ppl will see your design simply thru imgur alone. make sure to add the link in your image description to make it as easy as possible. If you cannot submit the link again, just make a new reddit account, because time is of the essence. Most importantly, reddit is all about timing, so id say submit it again like now lol. its all about getting enough upvotes which means quickly by sebmitting while as many people are looking at the recent posts (evenings on weekdays). To get an idea, just search in reddit "dark souls 2 shield design contest" and look at some of the designs that have around 100 upvotes (and are ofcourse on the first 2 pages of the gallery) use them as a reference for how to format your imgur gallery. make sure to post your imgur pics to the gallery, which makes them public..

yea mines google searchable i think from neoseeker forums and all the forums i posted to lol though didnt do me much good. oh well, I just kinda want to get past that damn sunny-d-bro meme shield at this point haha. best of luck to you and thanks for your vote, brother!
    mdpenman
    mdpenman

Post by mdpenman Thu May 16, 2013 9:04 pm

phastings wrote:you can repost, just delete the first submission. It usually takes a day to repost, as their systems try to cut down on reposting. Start an Imgur account thru reddit, that is what you will want to use to post to reddit, as it is their photosharing app, and tons of ppl will see your design simply thru imgur alone. make sure to add the link in your image description to make it as easy as possible. If you cannot submit the link again, just make a new reddit account, because time is of the essence. Most importantly, reddit is all about timing, so id say submit it again like now lol. its all about getting enough upvotes which means quickly by sebmitting while as many people are looking at the recent posts (evenings on weekdays). To get an idea, just search in reddit "dark souls 2 shield design contest" and look at some of the designs that have around 100 upvotes (and are ofcourse on the first 2 pages of the gallery) use them as a reference for how to format your imgur gallery. make sure to post your imgur pics to the gallery, which makes them public..

yea mines google searchable i think from neoseeker forums and all the forums i posted to lol though didnt do me much good. oh well, I just kinda want to get past that damn sunny-d-bro meme shield at this point haha. best of luck to you and thanks for your vote, brother!

Thanks for the advice man, I really appreciate it! Reddit link all sorted now so w'll see if it makes a difference this time!
    Hereticool
    Hereticool

Post by Hereticool Thu May 16, 2013 9:18 pm

phastings wrote:hereticool, America is definitely flooded with generic ones too, but for those suspicious shields you never see promoted anywhere yet have hundreds of votes; expect them to not be counted toward the 30.

mdpenman, i think there is more prevalent vote botting in the EU gallery than any others, but who can confirm that IDK; hopefully the admins. Regarding the first to get their designs submitted, it certainly helped them a ton, as top voted is always the default page, those first designs are the only ones you could vote for when contest is announced so they ride that wave, and people in general are lazy to comb thru the many pages and find the hidden gems. (That is why i rushed mine in before really finishing it or even seeing if people liked it, but that was a mistake). There are definitely some good ones, including yours, which looks like a straight-up well done shield (just voted too #42) maybe they will name it sword-eater if it makes it winking

Phastings, thanks for the tips! Right now the Souls contest page seems to be broken, it was working just a couple hours ago, so I don't know what is up. I'm pretty much a luddite and newb to boot when it comes to social media, but I think I created accounts for imgur and reddit, though I'm not going to post broken links sad Hopefully it will get fixed soon. Do we have an official end time for the contest? Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but I feel pretty in the dark on the details, the wonkiness with the countdown clock and the freeze on voting, and now the site being down isn't helping matters...
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu May 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Good luck everyone. Coming to the end of it
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Thu May 16, 2013 10:55 pm

I think it's working fine, hereticool. Just go in reddit and post a new link , using you imgur URL. Make sure to add your voting link in the image:) still a few more days left, and I'm sure there will be higher activity as a result, maybe an article from a big gaming mag will create some more buzz and ppl here will get some love from that
    Hereticool
    Hereticool

Post by Hereticool Thu May 16, 2013 11:03 pm

phastings wrote:I think it's working fine, hereticool. Just go in reddit and post a new link , using you imgur URL. Make sure to add your voting link in the image:) still a few more days left, and I'm sure there will be higher activity as a result, maybe an article from a big gaming mag will create some more buzz and ppl here will get some love from that
    It is back up and functional again. Not sure if was my IP or the site, but either way, I can get back to voting for other folks, and feel confident that my newly posted reddit post will have functional links should anyone decide to check it out. I'm unfamiliar with reddit, will more people see my link if it has more up-votes, or does the voting effect the visibility? If it does effect visibility, then I would be happy to up-vote other people's posts, and humbly request the same might be done for my own.
    http://redd.it/1ehp9q
    Thanks again for the help Phastings! Shield Design Contest - Page 29 1330857165
    mdpenman
    mdpenman

Post by mdpenman Thu May 16, 2013 11:28 pm

Hereticool wrote:
    phastings wrote:I think it's working fine, hereticool. Just go in reddit and post a new link , using you imgur URL. Make sure to add your voting link in the image:) still a few more days left, and I'm sure there will be higher activity as a result, maybe an article from a big gaming mag will create some more buzz and ppl here will get some love from that
    It is back up and functional again. Not sure if was my IP or the site, but either way, I can get back to voting for other folks, and feel confident that my newly posted reddit post will have functional links should anyone decide to check it out. I'm unfamiliar with reddit, will more people see my link if it has more up-votes, or does the voting effect the visibility? If it does effect visibility, then I would be happy to up-vote other people's posts, and humbly request the same might be done for my own.
    http://redd.it/1ehp9q
    Thanks again for the help Phastings! Shield Design Contest - Page 29 1330857165

Yeah it was down on mine for a while.

Just upvoted your reddit thread mate, here's a link to mine

http://www.reddit.com/tb/1ehhig

happy

EDIT- Voted on your shields too!
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Fri May 17, 2013 1:35 am

No prob, Glad I could be of help! i went ahead and up-voted both of yours. Id like to make another reddit post of your guys's and other peoples designs with voting links, so im gonna get working on that using what images i can pull from your reddits, and any others i can find on this thread. Not gonna worry about mine anymore. I must atone for my many invasions in DkS, as i now just want to help everyone else in jolly cooperation lol Praise the Sun
    vegan666
    vegan666
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vegan666 Fri May 17, 2013 2:24 am

So glad some of those plagiarised shields that were high up got removed!

I REALLY hope someone of this board gets their shield in the game! Would be amazing I am voting for any that pop up in this thread!

Final stretch, and I am just a few votes of dropping out of the top 30 for Japan, please show me some love! <3

https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=460

Shield Design Contest - Page 29 945058907

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:54 pm