Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+75
sinistroff
wfrosty
Hingle McCringleberry
Phenetylaminos
oldironforte
Graelaoch
DSGiant
Iron Boar
Gowan
DPSMurphy
Soul of Stray Demon
LeaderDogg
Hawkins172
Folkenio
Rooke89
SadPanda
Spaghetti?
Xanthous_King
MikailArksot
SolaireOfAstora
Say Xbox Again
Wilkinson3424
Moalover
Extofogeese
AwkwardArtemis
Formless
Undiscovery
PierreSBK71
Aendron
LukeboyDS
Exclusive
magyaronny
Valanor
Mental Gear
ghostshade
Gryph
Grumpy
brandons66
Anarchist26
TheAshenPhantom
Jaxobz
Woodlehh
DxTopham
sobamade
tooots
Bontee
Hatsune Miku
jtd234
zedsdead
tonberryking01
IHateTheFourKings
HereticForLife
Elysium™
Scarch
emraluces
LawlMahBawls
aWildNelby
wretchedsausage
reim0027
Looking Glass Mind
WaffleGuy
Yarxov
XachAttack
StiffNipples
Soris Ice Goldwing
Gollumseverywhere
User1
RANT
Serious_Much
Mr. Tart
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Zeta Prime
Animaaal
LunarFog
Tolvo
79 posters

Introduce Yourself V2.0

announakis
    announakis

Introduce Yourself V2.0 - Page 5 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself V2.0

Post by announakis Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi everyone.

I recently joined this community feeling that after using so much the wiki information for over 2 year of playing way too much this awesome game that is Dark Souls, I may as well try to be part of the community for DaS2 early and get to bring something to the wiki myself!

I am getting close to 40, I am a professional researcher in neuroscience, father of too lovely little twin daughters. I play way too much video games like all of you and if I continue like this I will eventually reach the dreaded level of 10.000 hours in something like DaS and should be called a master. Except in practice I still get my *** kicked more often than not in PvP...I will invoke three reasons for that:

1) I always choose cosmetics over utility in games,even though in this game it is clearly a bad idea.
    2) I blame ridiculous lag spikes because I live in this remote corner of the world that is called Australia.
    3) I play way too fair for winning in this game (I do not abuse BS ever)

the fourth being that I probably suck too...

I play on PS3 gamer tag is Announakis_666

I look forward to catch up online with some of you guys in a FC eventually (that is if I finally manage to understand what time zone you are referring to as "friday or saturday night" ^_-
    DryRoastedLemon
    DryRoastedLemon

Introduce Yourself V2.0 - Page 5 Empty Re: Introduce Yourself V2.0

Post by DryRoastedLemon Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Hello there!

I'm DryRoastedLemon. Well, that's my gamertag. My real name is Joshua, but everyone calls me Josh. I'm 24 years old, and I'm currently just kind of figuring out what to do with this 'life' thing. I'm in my final year of college for teaching practice, and after I get my degree I can go ahead and teach biology in high school. But as it happens I figured out that I don't really want to do that after all, and that I'd much rather become a music producer instead.

One of my biggest passions in life is music. My primary instruments are guitar, bass and voice. I also have a mandolin, banjo, and some other instruments lying around. I like making music in my free time, and I hope to be able to dedicate more of my time to that in the near future. Ideally, I'd like to have a big home studio some day.

Other than that, I'm also a big computer nerd. Not of the programming kind (although computer programming is an interest of mine), but I'm generally well-versed with computers and technology in general. And games, of course. Due to the Steam sales I am the owner of a fairly large Steam library, of which I mostly play Dark Souls and Street Fighter 4 nowadays. I have now clocked in over 500 hours of playing Dark Souls, so I think it's easy to tell which game I have been playing most of lately.

I also recently started livestreaming Dark Souls. I don't do this on a regular basis, but every now and then I'll put up a stream. I'm currently doing an aggression mod playthrough, but I'm also at the end of a soul level 1 run that I still have to finish. To be honest, I'm scared to go to Oolacile, which is the sole reason I've been postponing that stream.

Anyway, when it comes to Dark Souls I'm mainly a PvE guy and I like helping other guys out. For instance, one of my favourite co-op spots is the New Londo Ruins, simply because I like fighting the boss there so much. Recently I also started invading, but mostly with characters that have very low vitality. This is because I want to be able for the host to beat me. I'll generally also take some alternative gear with me so that I can scale my character to more or less match the host. I don't get much pleasure out of one-hitting hosts, after all.

Oh right, before I forget, I play on PC.

Well, I think that's a fair introduction.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 pm