Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
SirArchmage
Serious_Much
Encore
Forum Pirate
9 posters

For people who deal with me.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

For people who deal with me. Empty For people who deal with me.

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:20 pm

I found this, it describes me well.

1) Expect debate. I enjoy tearing things apart to understand them and to prove (or disprove) their worthiness.
    I will gladly argue a point I don't actually support, just for the sake of argument or to probe things. This bears repeating: I can easily and persuasively assume a point of view which is wholly contrary to my actual conviction. If in doubt, ask.

2) I do have a strong sense of humour, often dry and quick, but also a bit warped. It can easily take a morbid streak.

3) Expect blunt, honest, sometimes even hurtful answers: if you don't want to hear the truth, you wouldn't ask, would you?

4) I like to do lists, enumerations, pattern sorting and putting things into an ordered state (ordered for me, not necessarily for the rest of the world).

5) Statements you can't back up with either solid facts or solid reasoning will at best be ignored and at worst poked fun at in ways not many people would describe as nice.

6) Try to be both concise and precise. Using 81 woolly words where 18 sharp ones would suffice will not endear you to me.
    I do love wordplay though: if you can re-package your 81 woolly words in a witty, unexpected, esoteric fashion, I'll appreciate that.

7) Don't expect me to respect anything you (or some other authorities) say just because you (or some other authorities) say it. I bow to one authority only: rationality.

8) For me truth is more important than simply being right, so I will readily admit errors or mistakes (once they have been convinced something they said or did was indeed wrong — to convince them may not be easy though). I unfortunately expect others to work likewise (and react bewildered if they don't).

9) Stick to a statement after being proven wrong by facts or reasoning and I will treat you as an irrational idiot and everything you say as probable nonsense.

10) Try not to be repetitive. It bores me to death.

11) Clumsy attempts at political correctness and similar aberrations will greatly amuse them.

12) Don't be surprised at sarcasm, hyperbole and flippancy. In fact, a non-sarcastic me must be severely ill.

13) Expect punctuality and exactness. They try hard to be on time and they hate unpunctual-ness, especially of the casual sort: the words obsessive-compulsive come to mind.

14) They tend to be quite forgetful in everyday life, especially for trivial things like car keys, dropped tools or anniversaries.

15) You can't trust that I take something, anything for granted. I do take some things for granted, but you'll never know what and what not.

16) Remember that I believe in workable solutions. I am open-minded to all and every possibility, but I will quickly discard any concept they deem unfeasible.

17) My way of showing that something you say (an idea, a suggestion) has potential or merit is by trying to pull it apart (which shocks those poor souls who instead expected awe or admiration). The ultimate insult to an idea or suggestion is to ignore it altogether, because that means it's not even interesting enough to deconstruct.

18) I can and will make themselves and everything else (and again, I mean everything) the butt of my jokes, witticisms and deeply nonsensical remarks.

19) Do not expect me to care very much about how you view me. I already know that many people see me as "arrogant bastard with a weird sense of humour" and I long since got used to it.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

For people who deal with me. Empty Re: For people who deal with me.

Post by Encore Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I found this, it describes me well.

Expect debate. I enjoy tearing things apart to understand them and to prove (or disprove) their worthiness.
    I will gladly argue a point I don't actually support, just for the sake of argument or to probe things. This bears repeating: I can easily and persuasively assume a point of view which is wholly contrary to my actual conviction. If in doubt, ask.

I do have a strong sense of humour, often dry and quick, but also a bit warped. It can easily take a morbid streak.

Expect blunt, honest, sometimes even hurtful answers: if you don't want to hear the truth, you wouldn't ask, would you?

I like to do lists, enumerations, pattern sorting and putting things into an ordered state (ordered for me, not necessarily for the rest of the world).

Statements you can't back up with either solid facts or solid reasoning will at best be ignored and at worst poked fun at in ways not many people would describe as nice.

Try to be both concise and precise. Using 81 woolly words where 18 sharp ones would suffice will not endear you to me.
    I do love wordplay though: if you can re-package your 81 woolly words in a witty, unexpected, esoteric fashion, I'll appreciate that.

Don't expect me to respect anything you (or some other authorities) say just because you (or some other authorities) say it. I bow to one authority only: rationality.

For me truth is more important than simply being right, so I will readily admit errors or mistakes (once they have been convinced something they said or did was indeed wrong — to convince them may not be easy though). I unfortunately expect others to work likewise (and react bewildered if they don't).

Stick to a statement after being proven wrong by facts or reasoning and I will treat you as an irrational idiot and everything you say as probable nonsense.

Try not to be repetitive. It bores me to death.

Clumsy attempts at political correctness and similar aberrations will greatly amuse them.

Don't be surprised at sarcasm, hyperbole and flippancy. In fact, a non-sarcastic me must be severely ill.

Expect punctuality and exactness. They try hard to be on time and they hate unpunctual-ness, especially of the casual sort: the words obsessive-compulsive come to mind.

They tend to be quite forgetful in everyday life, especially for trivial things like car keys, dropped tools or anniversaries.

You can't trust that I take something, anything for granted. I do take some things for granted, but you'll never know what and what not.

Remember that I believe in workable solutions. I am open-minded to all and every possibility, but I will quickly discard any concept they deem unfeasible.

My way of showing that something you say (an idea, a suggestion) has potential or merit is by trying to pull it apart (which shocks those poor souls who instead expected awe or admiration). The ultimate insult to an idea or suggestion is to ignore it altogether, because that means it's not even interesting enough to deconstruct.

I can and will make themselves and everything else (and again, I mean everything) the butt of their jokes, witticisms and deeply nonsensical remarks.

Do not expect me to care very much about how you view them. I already know that many people see them as arrogant bastards with a weird sense of humour and they long since got used to it.

I liked this. Well done. Nice to meet you.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Umm towards the end of your post you started talking about 'them'... who is 'them'?

BTW, looking at some of your points forum, I'd suggest you go read these lol! : https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2-forum-guidelines

I know you love rationality, but bowing down to those rules in my mind supersedes rationality that gets you kicked out Shrug
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:31 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Umm towards the end of your post you started talking about 'them'... who is 'them'?

BTW, looking at some of your points forum, I'd suggest you go read these lol! : https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2-forum-guidelines

I know you love rationality, but bowing down to those rules in my mind supersedes rationality that gets you kicked out Shrug
    I believe that where he got it from, the person was talking about a specific group of people and was referring to the group as them or they. Not completely sure why the switch between saying I and they though.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:07 pm

O-o gosh.... For people who deal with me. 2592406420
    Spoiler:
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:45 pm

Forum Pirate pls.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Umm towards the end of your post you started talking about 'them'... who is 'them'?

I know you love rationality, but bowing down to those rules in my mind supersedes rationality that gets you kicked out For people who deal with me. 3358384175
    As I said, I found it, and it was indeed referring to a group, I just ran out of time to edit it.

Anyways, you missed the definition of authority

c: an individual cited or appealed to as an expert

from webster.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:58 pm

lol, i wouldn't change you for the world :razz:
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:07 pm

I'm just sick of people getting upset because they missinterpreted something I said. Points 1, 5, 9, 12 and 17 are especially relivant.

I've had numerous.............disagreements that stemmed from people not understanding my intent in instances where these things occured. I'm attempting to preempt any further issues with the explination of how and why I'm doing things. I am almost always trying to be helpful, people just don't know how to see it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:30 pm

i read this like 'fat people who deal with me' i was very disappointed after i read the title again.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:26 pm

RANT wrote:i read this like 'fat people who deal with me' i was very disappointed after i read the title again.
    Me and you. We miss read a lot of things.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:03 am

Forum Pirate wrote:
    1) Expect debate.
    To be perfectly honest pirate I never really expected anything else. Not that that's a bad thing.
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:35 am

It seems we have much in common, Forum Pirate. I too appreciate debate, regardless of whether the contention I put forth has merit, or if I even agree with it. If ever you just want someone to argue with, just let me know...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:03 pm